Thats it....I quit until they fix this bs

15939687933336137700693681439228.jpg

Its literally gotton worse and its to the point where I refuse to play this stupid game.....every single killer match (rank 11) I get red ranks and every survivor match (rank 7) I get rank 20-15 teammates......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME

Comments

  • @TheMikeOTR said:

    In a strange way, the best way to counter this is to play more and simply get better. I got to rank 1 for the first time this month. I legit went from rank 13 to rank 1 and I've been stuck there since. Once you get your groove on with a Killer you're into you should be fine. Specially after a while.

    Sure, but "Hey, if you're a rank 1 player, you'll be fine!" isn't an excuse to not have a functioning MM system at all.

    I honestly wouldn't be so annoyed by it if it were some fluke, but most nights it's every single match, every single lobby, all night. I'm not even exaggerating, I did a whole listing of all my games live in a thread over the course of one night one time, it's literally just constant red rank people with a single "friend who just got the game winkwink."

    "gitgud, lol" isn't an argument for red rank survivors to be able to choose what rank opponents they face.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416176#Comment_1416176

    Yeah, but most posts about this kind of thing are not about a rank 20 being matched with all rank 1s. It's usually a purple or green rank against red ranks, which is far from impossible. People who complain about that sort of matchmaking are simply just less skilled than their opponents and are looking for some sort of scapegoat to point their finger at.

    You know what I say when I go up against red ranks and don't do well? I say "well damn I screwed up a lot that game," or "those guys were really good" or sometimes even "I simply didn't have as good of a setup" if they're all running the most OP things and I'm sitting there with all rank 1 perks or something. In other words, I don't go blaming it on the fact that I may be in green/purple ranks (I am indeed usually in green/purple as killer, and still manage to get 4k against red rank survivors when I want to. It's not impossible.)

    I also disagree that just because a killer's or survivor's rank is 18 or anything low like that, that it automatically gives them a disadvantage. That means that they haven't played in a while and decayed, or that they simply don't play enough to raise their rank yet. Point being, while skill might give you high rank, having a high rank doesn't give you skill. I've seen rank 18 players that play like rank 1 and rank 1 players that play like rank 18. so I get your point, but I disagree ultimately.

    I know it means "something." That doesn't mean that rank is any measure of skill.

    awful matchmaking.jpg

    I've owned the game for less than a week. Even I'm sick of this. It's awful, and I can't believe people would defend this...

    How am I supposed to get skilled when I get stomped out every match because the matchmaking is broken? I wait 10 minutes to play a game, and lose almost immediately because I'm matched against people who have played the game for drastically longer, and have way more skill and game knowledge. How is that fair?

    Blaming the actual problem isn't scapegoating... It's pointing out the obvious.

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K0EKDFHPSGG6/15939687933336137700693681439228.jpg

    Its literally gotton worse and its to the point where I refuse to play this stupid game.....every single killer match (rank 11) I get red ranks and every survivor match (rank 7) I get rank 20-15 teammates......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME

    IT is mmr bro. Ranks means ######### now in some regions.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416210#Comment_1416210

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BKYJR2XS5B52/awful-matchmaking.jpg

    I've owned the game for less than a week. Even I'm sick of this. It's awful, and I can't believe people would defend this...

    How am I supposed to get skilled when I get stomped out every match because the matchmaking is broken? I wait 10 minutes to play a game, and lose almost immediately because I'm matched against people who have played the game for drastically longer, and have way more skill and game knowledge. How is that fair?

    Blaming the actual problem isn't scapegoating... It's pointing out the obvious.

    I'm sorry your experience is going that way. I've been starting to mercy the survivors I face (not kill them when they're on deathhook) and I've been having more fun. But I'm on console so it seems like a different community entirely.

  • I get your point and it is kinda frustrating. But I went through the same and I actually think it helps to learn how to play against better survivors.

    I went through the exact same matches, some were frustrating, some surprisingly easy. And now I'm red rank killer myself, within 1 month of playing killer. Never made it this far before, I always were green rank the months before, but due to the fact I already played a lot against red ranks there I don't feel much difference now. That's the reason why I think it is not THAT bad.

    On the other side, Bubba isn't the strongest killer. Maybe you should try another one, that is a bit stronger?

    Rank doesn't mean anything anyway. As redrank survivor I'm matched with red ranks that play like yellow. Ifyou head for the rank 1 archivement I'd recomment using a stronger killer anyway.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168886/thats-it-i-quit-until-they-fix-this-bs

    You got half of them. That’s entitled thinking you deserve 4K every game. It’s actually too EASY for the killer. As a survivor you REALLY have to rely on your teammates and more often than not it’s not going to end in a W. It’s not fun for survivors atm they don’t fix things that are problems imo. Vault hitboxes are broken. Clear a vault and take a few steps you still get hit. Ridiculous. Teammates leave you on hook. Tunneled. Camped. It’s not fun. I wish they did more for survivors to make it longer but more enjoyable. As for killer it’s the best you’re out there by yourself! Nobody to rely on. Develop a strategy to be efficient at gen pressure!

    How is he being entitled in his statement? He stated nothing about his kills he's complaining about match making, him being green going against reds, nowhere in the post did they complain about kills, teamwork, gen speeds

  • @gorgono1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415134#Comment_1415134

    I dont understand why NOED is a problem. You can just cleanse the totems

    Oh no you don't understand. That would mean extra effort on the survivors part and if you refer to the survivors rule book for killers it clearly states killers must never use perks that makes the survivors have to work.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416210#Comment_1416210

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BKYJR2XS5B52/awful-matchmaking.jpg

    I've owned the game for less than a week. Even I'm sick of this. It's awful, and I can't believe people would defend this...

    How am I supposed to get skilled when I get stomped out every match because the matchmaking is broken? I wait 10 minutes to play a game, and lose almost immediately because I'm matched against people who have played the game for drastically longer, and have way more skill and game knowledge. How is that fair?

    Blaming the actual problem isn't scapegoating... It's pointing out the obvious.

    Yup.

    What's so frustrating about it is that what you have there isn't some fluke. It's not, "Oops, MM goofed up, haha. Silly MM!"

    No, it's a choice by those red ranks. They chose to face you - or someone else at your level. And BHVR chose to let them do it.

    That's what pisses me off about it. If it was just the result of a bug, or unintended behavior, or MM trying to lower queue times, I might not mind so much. But the fact that the developers CHOSE to let those red rank players do this is ridiculous.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415843#Comment_1415843

    Yep pretty much this. Literally every killer match I play turns into a sweatfest that requires me to start injecting Adrenaline into my system just to keep up. And survivor. Jeez do not get me started on how many red rank idiots there are. How they even reached that rank is beyond me.

    They just need to do a full overhaul of the rank system. It's a complete joke and doesn't need little changes they need to scrap the outdated system and do something completely different that awards skilled players who get to the higher ranks through skill and players who are still learning and are newer to the game play against or with people of their own level. That's literally what a skill based matchmaking should be.

  • Noed in bubba; you deserve to get bullied

  • @Relbuh said:

    Noed in bubba; you deserve to get bullied

    No one deserves to be bullied.

  • You don't seem to have many of your own.

  • @Huff said:

    Time for a cookie cutter response to a cookie cutter post:

    Ranks are not indicative of skill. The devs themselves say this.

    The way it comes off when people make posts like this is "these people were too good for me, it's matchmaking's fault!" If you "lost," it's because you made too many mistakes in the game.

    I just can't wait to see the next excuse people are going to bring up once they ditch this current ranking system for their upcoming MMR system and people can't be confused by meaningless numbers.

    Or he went up against a squadded SWF, which by looking at the survivor's perks, it appears to be the case. Bubba, or any base movement speed killer is no fun vs a squadded SWF.

  • Meanwhile when I play like, I'm red ranks vs red ranks.

  • I don't understand why the complaining? rank don't matter i alredy face a lot o face campers killers and tunneler on rank 1 and when i play killer i face a lot of red 1 survivors that don't loop and run without looking behind don't matter if you face only rank 10 most of the good survivors and killers try to keep away from high ranks because they aren't fun, people just do Meta build on both sides and the matchs ends in 2-3m it's just boring, on 10-15rank people try diferent and more insteresting builds in both sides so being a rank 1 ou 10 don't mean you're good at the game, i'm rank one on both sides and barely play killer now because of the 30m that dbd takes just to find one match you should be happy to be getting a game match.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MKMQPF2CJ1WC/image.png

    Second game of the night, woo! Complete with teabags for all.

    (First game was 3 reds and a 16)

    So fun and interactive. I definitely walk away from this game every night feeling great about the experiences, I sure do.

    Ok. That is even more ridiculous than the OP. Rank 16 against reds? This needs to be addressed.

  • you're sing m1 and instadown perks on an instadown killer that you mostly should use M2, you're nerfing yourself, maybe if u do better, ranks shouldnt be an issue

  • @DetectiveBingBong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415313#Comment_1415313

    I mean, that doesn't change the issue. Matchmaking is busted and things need better balancing. People shouldn't have to play the top 5 to rank up.

    Not like ranks really matter. Between green ranks and red ranks the difference is minimal. The difference between different red ranks is insane though.

  • @Reaver_Raziel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416057#Comment_1416057

    Not like ranks really matter. Between green ranks and red ranks the difference is minimal. The difference between different red ranks is insane though.

    It almost sounds like the ranking system is broken, doesn't it? Weird.

  • The man is running NOED and Insta Saw + Increased Chainsaw Speed addons... I’d say matchmaking is working perfectly.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416210#Comment_1416210

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BKYJR2XS5B52/awful-matchmaking.jpg

    I've owned the game for less than a week. Even I'm sick of this. It's awful, and I can't believe people would defend this...

    How am I supposed to get skilled when I get stomped out every match because the matchmaking is broken? I wait 10 minutes to play a game, and lose almost immediately because I'm matched against people who have played the game for drastically longer, and have way more skill and game knowledge. How is that fair?

    Blaming the actual problem isn't scapegoating... It's pointing out the obvious.

    It's scapegoating because you're blaming the matchmaking (where ranks have no bearing on skill) on the fact that you lost.

    You just need to get better. Improve, and so will your rank (which again, has nothing to do with actual skill.

    You ask "How am I supposed to get skilled when I get stomped out every match because the matchmaking is broken?" You don't get stomped every game because the matchmaking is broken. You get stomped because you're new and obviously don't know enough about the game to succeed. Plenty of people, myself included, are perfectly fine being taught by getting thrown into the fray.

    It's common in video games: that's how all my friends learn how to play Smash Bros. with each other. Anybody new who plays with us usually sucks, but they improve really fast because they play against people who know how to play a little. You don't have to play against braindead potatoes to learn. You won't get skilled by playing against those kinds of people.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416172#Comment_1416172

    Or he went up against a squadded SWF, which by looking at the survivor's perks, it appears to be the case. Bubba, or any base movement speed killer is no fun vs a squadded SWF.

    Sounds more like an issue with balance than matchmaking.

    Also, I don't see what gives you the idea it's a SWF.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416538#Comment_1416538

    It's scapegoating because you're blaming the matchmaking (where ranks have no bearing on skill) on the fact that you lost.

    You just need to get better. Improve, and so will your rank (which again, has nothing to do with actual skill.

    You ask "How am I supposed to get skilled when I get stomped out every match because the matchmaking is broken?" You don't get stomped every game because the matchmaking is broken. You get stomped because you're new and obviously don't know enough about the game to succeed. Plenty of people, myself included, are perfectly fine being taught by getting thrown into the fray.

    It's common in video games: that's how all my friends learn how to play Smash Bros. with each other. Anybody new who plays with us usually sucks, but they improve really fast because they play against people who know how to play a little. You don't have to play against braindead potatoes to learn. You won't get skilled by playing against those kinds of people.

    I'm not "blaming my losses on matchmaking". My losses are because I have drastically less time, experience, and skill in this game when compared to my opponents. But obviously matchmaking contributes to that, considering it's the reason I'm being paired up against people much more capable. It's not an excuse, it's just a reality.

    And if ranks have no bearing on skill, then what is the point of ranking in the first place? The entire point of ranked play in games is to rank players according to skill so that they can compete with others at the same level and climb the ladder. So if that isn't how it works in this game, I'd say their ranking system is broken too. But I don't think it really is... The few times I've been paired solely with people roughly around my ranking? Great, fun, enjoyable matches. And it's a bit odd that all the games that go really horribly are the ones against single digit ranked players...

    "Plenty of people, myself included, are perfectly fine being taught by getting thrown into the fray."

    I mean that's great. I'm happy for you. But legitimate matchmaking systems exist out there, where the player's competition is adjusted based on their skill level in order to provide a fair game. I don't think a working matchmaking system like that is too much to ask for. And it seems the devs agree since they're reworking the system. Just not fast enough.

    Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're pretending I'm entitled because I want fair matches that scale with skill, and I don't want to play hundreds of hours of miserable, joyless, one-sided matches for until I "git gud" and they finally start matching me with some new players. It's kind of absurd.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418515#Comment_1418515

    I'm not "blaming my losses on matchmaking". My losses are because I have drastically less time, experience, and skill in this game when compared to my opponents. But obviously matchmaking contributes to that, considering it's the reason I'm being paired up against people much more capable. It's not an excuse, it's just a reality.

    And if ranks have no bearing on skill, then what is the point of ranking in the first place? The entire point of ranked play in games is to rank players according to skill so that they can compete with others at the same level and climb the ladder. So if that isn't how it works in this game, I'd say their ranking system is broken too. But I don't think it really is... The few times I've been paired solely with people roughly around my ranking? Great, fun, enjoyable matches. And it's a bit odd that all the games that go really horribly are the ones against single digit ranked players...

    "Plenty of people, myself included, are perfectly fine being taught by getting thrown into the fray."

    I mean that's great. I'm happy for you. But legitimate matchmaking systems exist out there, where the player's competition is adjusted based on their skill level in order to provide a fair game. I don't think a working matchmaking system like that is too much to ask for. And it seems the devs agree since they're reworking the system. Just not fast enough.

    Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're pretending I'm entitled because I want fair matches that scale with skill, and I don't want to play hundreds of hours of miserable, joyless, one-sided matches for until I "git gud" and they finally start matching me with some new players. It's kind of absurd.

    "I'm not 'blaming my losses on matchmaking'."

    "My losses are because I have drastically less time, experience, and skill in this game when compared to my opponents. But obviously matchmaking contributes to that"

    Sounds like exactly what you're doing. Otherwise, there's 0 reason to bring it up in relation to your rough game.

    "And if ranks have no bearing on skill, then what is the point of ranking in the first place?" There is none. That's my point. Their rank system is "broken." It doesn't measure skill. you may not think it's broken, but it is. Anybody who knows anything about how the pip system works knows this.

    "I mean that's great. I'm happy for you. But legitimate matchmaking systems exist out there, where the player's competition is adjusted based on their skill level in order to provide a fair game." I mean, that's great. But that isn't how it works in DbD.

    You say yourself, the devs are reworking the system. You think there's a reason for that, perhaps?

    "Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're pretending I'm entitled because I want fair matches that scale with skill, and I don't want to play hundreds of hours of miserable, joyless, one-sided matches for until I "git gud" and they finally start matching me with some new players." Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're trying to put words in my mouth because I criticize what you're complaining about, and don't want to read hundreds of posts of miserable, joyless, one-sided people.

    I am saying that rank has nothing to do with skill. Take it how you will, but anything beyond that is just your imagination and feelings making things up.

    But yea, I'm toootally acting like you're entitled when I say "It's scapegoating because you're blaming the matchmaking (where ranks have no bearing on skill) on the fact that you lost." Don't really think you're aware of what that word means.

  • When u claim u don't care but try to throw a subtle shot at the same time,

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K0EKDFHPSGG6/15939687933336137700693681439228.jpg

    Its literally gotton worse and its to the point where I refuse to play this stupid game.....every single killer match (rank 11) I get red ranks and every survivor match (rank 7) I get rank 20-15 teammates......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME

    I mean u deserve it u run noed on bubba

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418740#Comment_1418740

    "I'm not 'blaming my losses on matchmaking'."

    "My losses are because I have drastically less time, experience, and skill in this game when compared to my opponents. But obviously matchmaking contributes to that"

    Sounds like exactly what you're doing. Otherwise, there's 0 reason to bring it up in relation to your rough game.

    "And if ranks have no bearing on skill, then what is the point of ranking in the first place?" There is none. That's my point. Their rank system is "broken." It doesn't measure skill. you may not think it's broken, but it is. Anybody who knows anything about how the pip system works knows this.

    "I mean that's great. I'm happy for you. But legitimate matchmaking systems exist out there, where the player's competition is adjusted based on their skill level in order to provide a fair game." I mean, that's great. But that isn't how it works in DbD.

    You say yourself, the devs are reworking the system. You think there's a reason for that, perhaps?

    "Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're pretending I'm entitled because I want fair matches that scale with skill, and I don't want to play hundreds of hours of miserable, joyless, one-sided matches for until I "git gud" and they finally start matching me with some new players." Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're trying to put words in my mouth because I criticize what you're complaining about, and don't want to read hundreds of posts of miserable, joyless, one-sided people.

    I am saying that rank has nothing to do with skill. Take it how you will, but anything beyond that is just your imagination and feelings making things up.

    But yea, I'm toootally acting like you're entitled when I say "It's scapegoating because you're blaming the matchmaking (where ranks have no bearing on skill) on the fact that you lost." Don't really think you're aware of what that word means.

    Actually, ranks does matter. Red ranks play way differently, even a green rank play differently than a red rank. Red ranks will run the meta perks at tier III. It's like those boxing coachs that say to newbies "punch before you get punched" and they spar like those newbies where professionals when obviously they lack of skill and experience and you say "well, it's the newbie fault" and it's not true, the newbie need to start somewhere and learn skills, spar with someone who is more or less the same experience or if it's a coach, lower your lever so the newbie can get some skills.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418838#Comment_1418838

    Actually, ranks does matter. Red ranks play way differently, even a green rank play differently than a red rank. Red ranks will run the meta perks at tier III. It's like those boxing coachs that say to newbies "punch before you get punched" and they spar like those newbies where professionals when obviously they lack of skill and experience and you say "well, it's the newbie fault" and it's not true, the newbie need to start somewhere and learn skills, spar with someone who is more or less the same experience or if it's a coach, lower your lever so the newbie can get some skills.

    You're already just wrong when you make a statement like "Red Ranks play way differently, even a green rank play differently than a red rank."

    No, that's simply false. Somebody doesn't adapt a playstyle simply because they have a certain colored number near their name. I've seen literal brown ranks playing like red ranks, and red ranks playing like browns. I see red ranks do absolutely stupid things, like (after the PH cage change) one of the survivors in my group (not premade) starts running up to the cage I'm in with Pyramid Head right behind him, and instead of letting me teleport away (like the cage does after the change) he is instead bound and determined to uncage me, and does it right in front of Pyramid Head.

    I see every rank running all the "meta perks at tier III" as well. It's not just red ranks.

    The boxing analogy doesn't make sense. DbD isn't boxing. There aren't weight classes or other innate advantages/disadvantages you may get from physical build, such as height. Also, it's different when it's chance-based with an algorithm handling the matchmaking than having some coach put you up against some guy of his choosing. DbD also isn't 1v1, or even a sport to begin with for that matter. I've had some other person trying to bring up Basketball as a comparison, and it's also ridiculous for the same reason: there's no inherent advantage/disadvantage in this game from player to player. Just because your rank is a certain number, that has no bearing on how good the survivors or killer are.

    Do not try to say that people play a certain way or have a certain amount of skill just because they're ranked a certain way.

    I understand that people of lower rank will often be less experienced (because they obviously play less, as that's what the ranks represent) but that doesn't change anything about what I'm saying: people will post screenshots of games that are totally winnable, but they lost or DC'd or whatever and then they'll just say "Omg the matchmaking is so bad all i get is red rank players to go against" instead of thinking "Hey, maybe I could have played a little better that game and maybe I would have been more successful." People use this whole rank system as a scapegoat to blame things on.

    Once again, yes I'm aware that newer players are obviously going to have a hard time against more experienced players. Fact of the matter is, you still can change that by playing better. It's obviously not fair to put the very very best against the very very worst, but that often times isn't the case. Most games I see can reasonably be won. The one in the OP is a perfect example: sure it's green vs. red ranks, but it's far from being a full squad of meta perks. One of the players doesn't even have 4 perks. The killer even had NOED, and 2 green addons (which are both pretty good on Bubba.)

    People like to act like the number next to somebody's name determines how good they are at DbD. It doesn't.

    People like to compare this "ranking" system compared to the ones in other games. You can't.

    Rank isn't indicative of skill. - devs

  • @Widden_G2 said:

    Using noed and still complain lmao

    Only because i have to

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You should dust your room.

    Ik i dont take care of myself🤣

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419274#Comment_1419274

    You're already just wrong when you make a statement like "Red Ranks play way differently, even a green rank play differently than a red rank."

    No, that's simply false. Somebody doesn't adapt a playstyle simply because they have a certain colored number near their name. I've seen literal brown ranks playing like red ranks, and red ranks playing like browns. I see red ranks do absolutely stupid things, like (after the PH cage change) one of the survivors in my group (not premade) starts running up to the cage I'm in with Pyramid Head right behind him, and instead of letting me teleport away (like the cage does after the change) he is instead bound and determined to uncage me, and does it right in front of Pyramid Head.

    I see every rank running all the "meta perks at tier III" as well. It's not just red ranks.

    The boxing analogy doesn't make sense. DbD isn't boxing. There aren't weight classes or other innate advantages/disadvantages you may get from physical build, such as height. Also, it's different when it's chance-based with an algorithm handling the matchmaking than having some coach put you up against some guy of his choosing. DbD also isn't 1v1, or even a sport to begin with for that matter. I've had some other person trying to bring up Basketball as a comparison, and it's also ridiculous for the same reason: there's no inherent advantage/disadvantage in this game from player to player. Just because your rank is a certain number, that has no bearing on how good the survivors or killer are.

    Do not try to say that people play a certain way or have a certain amount of skill just because they're ranked a certain way.

    I understand that people of lower rank will often be less experienced (because they obviously play less, as that's what the ranks represent) but that doesn't change anything about what I'm saying: people will post screenshots of games that are totally winnable, but they lost or DC'd or whatever and then they'll just say "Omg the matchmaking is so bad all i get is red rank players to go against" instead of thinking "Hey, maybe I could have played a little better that game and maybe I would have been more successful." People use this whole rank system as a scapegoat to blame things on.

    Once again, yes I'm aware that newer players are obviously going to have a hard time against more experienced players. Fact of the matter is, you still can change that by playing better. It's obviously not fair to put the very very best against the very very worst, but that often times isn't the case. Most games I see can reasonably be won. The one in the OP is a perfect example: sure it's green vs. red ranks, but it's far from being a full squad of meta perks. One of the players doesn't even have 4 perks. The killer even had NOED, and 2 green addons (which are both pretty good on Bubba.)

    People like to act like the number next to somebody's name determines how good they are at DbD. It doesn't.

    People like to compare this "ranking" system compared to the ones in other games. You can't.

    Rank isn't indicative of skill. - devs

    I'm sorry, but this is all just deflection.

    No functioning matchmaking system should pair newbies with top tier players. (It definitely shouldn't let the top tier players CHOOSE to face the newbies)

    That's it. Full stop.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    I mean you're playing Bubba. You cant really expect to do much better than that past green ranks. Possible? Yeah. But its ######### Bubba. Smart players wont let him get anywhere.

    Plus you GOT TWO KILLS.

    You had LITERALLY THE BALANCE THE DEVS WANT while being outranked, and you're complaining?

    Cry me a river..

    Only because noed

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419487#Comment_1419487

    I'm sorry, but this is all just deflection.

    No functioning matchmaking system should pair newbies with top tier players. (It definitely shouldn't let the top tier players CHOOSE to face the newbies)

    That's it. Full stop.

    I just want them to fix the issue where you get paired with the highest rank

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Look, someone blaming ranks for their loss again.

    Once again - SURVIVOR RANKS ARE A PARTICIPATION TROPHY. Any green rank players you would play against will easily be at red rank in a matter of hours. There's next to no difference.

    You dont get it do you??? Most red ranks play better than green ranks thats like saying a rank 20 killer with every crutch perk is able to beat a 4man red rank swf

  • @Relbuh said:

    Noed in bubba; you deserve to get bullied

    As if fixing gens aren't the easiest thing to do compare to the old ruin, you're whining on noed? Life must be tough for a yellow rank survivor.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415648#Comment_1415648

    LOL? That is so cliche. I can't.

    OP I get matches like this a lot too. I agree with the others you did do well, I mean 2k is considered balanced. So perhaps give yourself a little credit. New MMR is coming, so hopefully it'll change things up. Just have to wait and see.

    That 2k was pure luck I swear

  • Everyone saying "you miss the point, matchmaking is #########".

    Yeah we know that. It has been for a while. Yet this player was able to get at least 2 kills against the higher opponents.

    Which means if they consistently played against red ranks, theybqould consistently learn, get better, and probably stay at or get above 2k a game. If they were against "their rank" survivors, it would likely be a 4k. A lot. And yeah, everyone likes to win, but wanting games spoonfed to you by "perfect rank" when rank doesnt even mean anything, is ridiculous..

    They went against better players than they should have AND DID WELL.

    They should take that as a point of pride, and learning; not a reason to quit because it was "tougher than it SHOULD be".


    TL;DR: The best teacher is a good ass whoopin. And this person fought back well enough.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415313#Comment_1415313

    The whole "2 kills = balanced" thing is kinda weird. 2 kills is often a sign that the killer actually got outplayed pretty hard.

    Yeah, I know that sounds strange, but it's actually not too hard to still sneak in 1-2 endgame kills on a team that's knocking out gens and escaping fast. Or to knock out the weaker links later in the match. (Notice even the dead guys got a ton of points.)

    I know, I know. "But the devs said..." Well, there's what the devs say, and then there's how the game actually plays, what it actually rewards, and how it feels to the players. When I play survivor, two people getting out feels like a big win. As a killer, two people getting out feels awful, and survivors are usually quite happy about it.

    Not to mention how the emblems add up. I know the emblems are broken as hell, but they absolutely tilt toward a killer getting more than two kills. Whereas escaping isn't actually even that significant for survivors. (Typically silver vs. gold on a single emblem)

    It's a weird situation. I really don't think that the "2 kills/2 out = balanced" stuff tells the whole story.

    Frl tho I depipped its like they want killers to feel bad for getting anything but a 4k

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Everyone saying "you miss the point, matchmaking is #########".

    Yeah we know that. It has been for a while. Yet this player was able to get at least 2 kills against the higher opponents.

    Which means if they consistently played against red ranks, theybqould consistently learn, get better, and probably stay at or get above 2k a game. If they were against "their rank" survivors, it would likely be a 4k. A lot. And yeah, everyone likes to win, but wanting games spoonfed to you by "perfect rank" when rank doesnt even mean anything, is ridiculous..

    They went against better players than they should have AND DID WELL.

    They should take that as a point of pride, and learning; not a reason to quit because it was "tougher than it SHOULD be".

    TL;DR: The best teacher is a good ass whoopin. And this person fought back well enough.

    I dont like this tho because think of it like this...try to give a 2nd grader college math and tell them to get it all correct its not gonna work

  • @Saitamfed said:

    LOL. Why people can't see the issue here?

    "You got 2k"... you're missing the point

    "You're using Bubba"... you're missing the point

    "You're using NOED"... you're missing the point.

    The point is... He's a green rank and he was set up with red ranks. If you ever hit red ranks you would know how different that is from green ranks. If he's in green ranks it means he is not that good to be paired with red ranks, yet he managed somehow to kill two of them, wich instead of saying "you're not entitled to 4K" I would say, it's great that even if you were set up with red ranks, players who are far experienced than you, you still managed to have 2K

    Thank you finally somebody gets it

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415638#Comment_1415638

    in a way he didn't lose dev said good game is 2 dead 2 get out.

    in a way he didn't lose or win.

    Thats not why im really mad tho...im pissed because one of them was dead on hook teabagging at the exit gate...(if o hit him one more time he wouldve died but instead he thinks hes the next no0b3) and secondly I still depipped....from a 2k.....no tunnel no camp and I even got 4 stacks on bbq

  • @Huff said:

    Time for a cookie cutter response to a cookie cutter post:

    Ranks are not indicative of skill. The devs themselves say this.

    The way it comes off when people make posts like this is "these people were too good for me, it's matchmaking's fault!" If you "lost," it's because you made too many mistakes in the game.

    I just can't wait to see the next excuse people are going to bring up once they ditch this current ranking system for their upcoming MMR system and people can't be confused by meaningless numbers.

    I just dont like that I depipped for trying as hard as I can (without camping or tunneling) and got 2 kills and one person was on death hook

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415134#Comment_1415134

    I mean, he got 2 kills against red ranks. That's how the game is designed to be, 2 kills and 2 escapes. Idk why he is crying, he just showed us how he won against red ranks.

    Because I depipped

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    I get your point and it is kinda frustrating. But I went through the same and I actually think it helps to learn how to play against better survivors.

    I went through the exact same matches, some were frustrating, some surprisingly easy. And now I'm red rank killer myself, within 1 month of playing killer. Never made it this far before, I always were green rank the months before, but due to the fact I already played a lot against red ranks there I don't feel much difference now. That's the reason why I think it is not THAT bad.

    On the other side, Bubba isn't the strongest killer. Maybe you should try another one, that is a bit stronger?

    Rank doesn't mean anything anyway. As redrank survivor I'm matched with red ranks that play like yellow. Ifyou head for the rank 1 archivement I'd recomment using a stronger killer anyway.

    I just wanna play using bbq until I get to lvl 40 with him

  • @DaFireSquirtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415629#Comment_1415629

    Oh no you don't understand. That would mean extra effort on the survivors part and if you refer to the survivors rule book for killers it clearly states killers must never use perks that makes the survivors have to work.

    Exactly thats why they nerfed ruin and not prove thyself

  • image.png

    First game of the night.

    That rank 1 should not get to CHOOSE to face killers of my rank.

    The results don't matter, it's the fact that it's a choice given to them that's irritating. Sure, they didn't heavily exploit it this game, but it's just as easy to get three rank 1's and a deranked rank 16, which is what often happens.

    This is not functioning matchmaking. It's not even an attempt at it. It's blatant favoritism toward one side of the game, letting them scum the matchmaking as much as they want to keep them happy.

  • @Relbuh said:

    Noed in bubba; you deserve to get bullied

    Bubba isnt strong and the only reason i was llaying him is because I wanna use bbq for bloodpoints to lvl him up to 40. Also if it makes you feel any better it got cleansed 10 seconds after the last gen got popped

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    you're sing m1 and instadown perks on an instadown killer that you mostly should use M2, you're nerfing yourself, maybe if u do better, ranks shouldnt be an issue

    Can you survivors please stop with this m2 and m1 bs like srsly their ability is an option. Also Noed only works endgame so there...

1 2 3