Thats it....I quit until they fix this bs

15939687933336137700693681439228.jpg

Its literally gotton worse and its to the point where I refuse to play this stupid game.....every single killer match (rank 11) I get red ranks and every survivor match (rank 7) I get rank 20-15 teammates......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME

Comments

  • @Rey_512 said:

    The man is running NOED and Insta Saw + Increased Chainsaw Speed addons... I’d say matchmaking is working perfectly.

    I put noed on because they pop 3 gens in 1 minute even while im patrolling

  • @Rey_512 said:

    The man is running NOED and Insta Saw + Increased Chainsaw Speed addons... I’d say matchmaking is working perfectly.

    I like how everyone is talking about the ######### I had and not the fact that they had adrenaline, ds, soul guard, bt and prove thyself

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418334#Comment_1418334

    I like how everyone is talking about the ######### I had and not the fact that they had adrenaline, ds, soul guard, bt and prove thyself

    Because they're supposed to win. You're not. That's the rulebook.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419487#Comment_1419487

    I'm sorry, but this is all just deflection.

    No functioning matchmaking system should pair newbies with top tier players. (It definitely shouldn't let the top tier players CHOOSE to face the newbies)

    That's it. Full stop.

    It's not just deflection. You just are simply missing the simple message I'm putting across:

    The rank system

    in DbD

    is not representative of skill.

    There is no functioning matchmaking system.

    Please. Tell me how that is "deflection." I'm putting out plenty to back up what I say, and not getting a lot back.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Everyone saying "you miss the point, matchmaking is #########".

    Yeah we know that. It has been for a while. Yet this player was able to get at least 2 kills against the higher opponents.

    Which means if they consistently played against red ranks, theybqould consistently learn, get better, and probably stay at or get above 2k a game. If they were against "their rank" survivors, it would likely be a 4k. A lot. And yeah, everyone likes to win, but wanting games spoonfed to you by "perfect rank" when rank doesnt even mean anything, is ridiculous..

    They went against better players than they should have AND DID WELL.

    They should take that as a point of pride, and learning; not a reason to quit because it was "tougher than it SHOULD be".

    TL;DR: The best teacher is a good ass whoopin. And this person fought back well enough.

    I like the way you think.

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1416172#Comment_1416172

    I just dont like that I depipped for trying as hard as I can (without camping or tunneling) and got 2 kills and one person was on death hook

    That's why you don't worry about whether you pipped or depipped. Because the rank system doesn't mean anything.

    It's not that hard of a concept to grasp and yet people still come at me like this one guy claiming I'm "deflecting" by trying to say that the ranks mean nothing and that people who come on and complain about rank and use it as a reason for their loss.

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419536#Comment_1419536

    I dont like this tho because think of it like this...try to give a 2nd grader college math and tell them to get it all correct its not gonna work

    Right, but if that second grader was able to do half of it correct, would they REALLY be at the level of an average second grade? Ofc not.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419519#Comment_1419519

    It's not just deflection. You just are simply missing the simple message I'm putting across:

    The rank system

    in DbD

    is not representative of skill.

    There is no functioning matchmaking system.

    Please. Tell me how that is "deflection." I'm putting out plenty to back up what I say, and not getting a lot back.

    You're saying it's not deflection while you're deflecting. C'mon.

    Top rank players should not be able to choose to face newbie players. That's it. If you can't agree with that, then fine, but don't dance around it.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419689#Comment_1419689

    You're saying it's not deflection while you're deflecting. C'mon.

    Top rank players should not be able to choose to face newbie players. That's it. If you can't agree with that, then fine, but don't dance around it.

    God you're dense.

    Fine, I won't try to get you to understand that rank isn't indicative of skill and therefore top rank is meaningless. Stay in your own little bubble instead of actually addressing any points I made. Have fun contributing 0 to a discussion and misusing words.

  • Has 2 kills and cries about quitting the game, SMH. This incompetent and braindead community gets worse and worse. I really refuse to visit this trash forum again.

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418050#Comment_1418050

    Can you survivors please stop with this m2 and m1 bs like srsly their ability is an option. Also Noed only works endgame so there...

    Good one thinking I'm a survivor main.

    And killers are designed to use their power, specially to end chases faster, if you don't, you will just obviously make the chase longer.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419725#Comment_1419725

    God you're dense.

    Fine, I won't try to get you to understand that rank isn't indicative of skill and therefore top rank is meaningless. Stay in your own little bubble instead of actually addressing any points I made. Have fun contributing 0 to a discussion and misusing words.

    Just agree or disagree with the statement, it really is that simple.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418740#Comment_1418740

    "I'm not 'blaming my losses on matchmaking'."

    "My losses are because I have drastically less time, experience, and skill in this game when compared to my opponents. But obviously matchmaking contributes to that"

    Sounds like exactly what you're doing. Otherwise, there's 0 reason to bring it up in relation to your rough game.

    "And if ranks have no bearing on skill, then what is the point of ranking in the first place?" There is none. That's my point. Their rank system is "broken." It doesn't measure skill. you may not think it's broken, but it is. Anybody who knows anything about how the pip system works knows this.

    "I mean that's great. I'm happy for you. But legitimate matchmaking systems exist out there, where the player's competition is adjusted based on their skill level in order to provide a fair game." I mean, that's great. But that isn't how it works in DbD.

    You say yourself, the devs are reworking the system. You think there's a reason for that, perhaps?

    "Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're pretending I'm entitled because I want fair matches that scale with skill, and I don't want to play hundreds of hours of miserable, joyless, one-sided matches for until I "git gud" and they finally start matching me with some new players." Honestly? It speaks volumes that you're trying to put words in my mouth because I criticize what you're complaining about, and don't want to read hundreds of posts of miserable, joyless, one-sided people.

    I am saying that rank has nothing to do with skill. Take it how you will, but anything beyond that is just your imagination and feelings making things up.

    But yea, I'm toootally acting like you're entitled when I say "It's scapegoating because you're blaming the matchmaking (where ranks have no bearing on skill) on the fact that you lost." Don't really think you're aware of what that word means.

    "But that isn't how it works in DbD."

    And maybe that's the problem. Clearly people aren't happy with random skill-gapped matches. Even if what you're saying about ranks being meaningless is true (which I don't know if I agree with), that doesn't justify the matchmaking being unpredictable and broken.

  • ranks don't matter that right survivor braindead easy but they are survivor more skilled then some killers some are just starting out don't need to face someone lower skill less play time.

    and one more thing that screenshot with 3 low rank 1 rank 1 i bet rank 1 was group with one of the lower ranks.

  • I'm honestly shocked people are looking at this ranking system looking at whats occurred and going "heh heh screw you noob noed abuser" or "well you got two kills so stop complaining". Do you have any empathy. The dudes facing players who have a much greater understanding of the game no matter what the result is the experience isn't going to be fun being looped and crushed by players with vaster amounts of experience. Sometime I wonder if you people realize that some people play games for fun not to win. For shame. I remember when i started I had my fair share of games where I 4ked but the other players deliberately dragged on the game because they only wanted to just dick around. It wasn't satisfying it was just frustrating not having the knowledge skill or practice to combat these survivors. I'm not saying that survivors shouldn't play flashlight comps or head on stun stacking that's fair if your all on the same playing field in terms of rank. But when you learning the game and gathering experience a lot of people learn nothing from frustrating experiences against opponents who are vastly out of there depth.

    My advice is to try your best to keep a cool head and put your best foot forward. Never let someone tear you down and take the time to appreciate any success you have during the match. Whether it be a good lunge around a corner a clutch well timed saw at a window. If dbd is stressful take sometime to let yourself relax (personally i prefer a nice hot cup of tea). Never let a game define your self worth. Focus on having fun and if your getting frustrated still meme around with the survivors. If someone starts saying nasty things pay em no heed don't even respond to what they say giving them no reaction this will often make them realize there just acting like a child.

    I hope this helps in making DBD more fun to play.

  • Cleanse totems before the gens are done and it's a moot point. Stop complaining about something you can control but are too lazy to do so.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418838#Comment_1418838

    "But that isn't how it works in DbD."

    And maybe that's the problem. Clearly people aren't happy with random skill-gapped matches. Even if what you're saying about ranks being meaningless is true (which I don't know if I agree with), that doesn't justify the matchmaking being unpredictable and broken.

    Now that is a reasonable thing to say. I agree with you there that there should be good matchmaking, but I simply think that DbD just doesn't work like that right now. That's why I think it's pointless to complain about matchmaking like we see people doing every day.

    They've talked about their upcoming matchmaking update for a while now and yet people still make the same "omg I'm green/purple rank and I got matched with red rank and I lost, stupid matchmaking!" posts. I'm fine with people wanting good matchmaking but when it comes down to games that people could have totally won and are just blaming things, it doesn't really show anything but how somebody isn't able to handle the competition.

    Justified or not, the matchmaking is the way it is now and it isn't skill-based, so anybody who complains that they're losing simply because of rank just comes across as silly. Wanting a better system, sure that's fine. Go to BHVR for that, but constantly making posts like I mentioned before when matchmaking is meaningless right now is... Well, meaningless.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420482#Comment_1420482

    Now that is a reasonable thing to say. I agree with you there that there should be good matchmaking, but I simply think that DbD just doesn't work like that right now. That's why I think it's pointless to complain about matchmaking like we see people doing every day.

    They've talked about their upcoming matchmaking update for a while now and yet people still make the same "omg I'm green/purple rank and I got matched with red rank and I lost, stupid matchmaking!" posts. I'm fine with people wanting good matchmaking but when it comes down to games that people could have totally won and are just blaming things, it doesn't really show anything but how somebody isn't able to handle the competition.

    Justified or not, the matchmaking is the way it is now and it isn't skill-based, so anybody who complains that they're losing simply because of rank just comes across as silly. Wanting a better system, sure that's fine. Go to BHVR for that, but constantly making posts like I mentioned before when matchmaking is meaningless right now is... Well, meaningless.

    People are complaining daily because it's a huge issue. Matchmaking is bad, and it's facilitating awful matches. I just bought the game and even to a new player, it's shocking how bad this is. I'm more surprised that people aren't speaking out more. But I figure that's because the devs have stated they're working on it... It's just really bad.

    Most people are fine with losing matches. I'm fine with losing. I mean you can't win every game all the time. The issue here is the lack of fairness. Of course people are gonna be upset when games don't feel fair. That probably explains why this community is the way it is...

    Regardless, if what you're saying about the ranking system is true? It's just as laughably broken and needs to be reworked too. Because defending a ranking system that isn't really a rankings system, and getting upset at people who mistake it for a rankings system is kinda stupid. If it's truly meaningless, they need to just get rid of it and stop pretending they have ranked play. Or replace it with a real ranking system. Because it's just creating issues.

  • Last night I had three killer matches where I went up against two rank 1, a rank 2-4, and a fourth purple rank. I'm a rank 10 killer and needless to say those matches did not go well for me.

    IMG_20200706_234444__01.jpg


  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421328#Comment_1421328

    People are complaining daily because it's a huge issue. Matchmaking is bad, and it's facilitating awful matches. I just bought the game, and even to a new player, it's shocking how bad this is. I'm more surprised that people aren't speaking out more. But I figure that's because the devs have stated they're working on it...

    Regardless, if what you're saying about the ranking system is true? It's just as laughably broken and needs to be reworked too. Because defending a ranking system that isn't really a rankings system, and getting upset at people who mistake it for a rankings system is kinda stupid.

    No offense, but I believe it's probably shocking to you because you're a new player.

    Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game.

    Yeah, the system does need to be reworked. You can say it's "kinda stupid" to defend a "ranking system that isn't really a rankings system" because you're allowed to have your opinion. I don't see a lot of people "defending" the system either. I just see that the system isn't representative of skill, so that people complaining about it being the cause of their losses is more of a "kinda stupid" thing than anything if you ask me. The devs talk about their plans a lot and if people refuse to keep up with the news of the game, and continue to whine about something that's currently being worked on, then that's just somebody being ignorant and not understanding what things are happening surrounding the game.

    You said it yourself that you just bought the game, so I wouldn't expect you to know all this. However, that doesn't make it any less true that the devs have already talked about this several different times. Complaining about it is about as pointless as complaining about "omg Bubba needs a buff" when they've released leaks of the changes to Bubba. It's pointless, it's something that's already been addressed, and nobody wants to see the same repetitive thing spammed over and over, especially coming from people who don't know how the system works in the first place.

    Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them. I see people say things like "I'm just upset that I depipped" or something like that, when people aren't even realizing that pips don't matter. It just shows that people that complain about this kind of thing aren't actually privy to what's going on in the game -- that's why it's silly.

    That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game. Trying to act like it is such does nothing but undermine your own opinion.

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K0EKDFHPSGG6/15939687933336137700693681439228.jpg

    Its literally gotton worse and its to the point where I refuse to play this stupid game.....every single killer match (rank 11) I get red ranks and every survivor match (rank 7) I get rank 20-15 teammates......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME

    Matchmaking has always been a bit off. I remember when it was 7 levels above the lowest rank. Mine has actually been pretty even unless someone is surviving with someone with a big rank diference on their team. This being both ways.

    I actually think you faired kinda well against red ranks. Shows you definitely know what you are doing.

    When ranking system was really bad about 2 months ago, I was solo surviving with red ranks that really didn't play like red ranks. They were so boosted. The killer was a rank 12... He killed everyone but me. I got hatch by luck tbh... Since the devs keep spawning it near the exit gates...smh

    So sometimes their rank may be red, but that don't mean they play red...know what I'm saying?

  • @TheChosen0N3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1417643#Comment_1417643

    Exactly thats why they nerfed ruin and not prove thyself

    Because that would mean *gasp* more work for the survivors. But for real though they need to wake up and do something soon to fix the balance.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    I mean you're playing Bubba. You cant really expect to do much better than that past green ranks. Possible? Yeah. But its ######### Bubba. Smart players wont let him get anywhere.

    Plus you GOT TWO KILLS.

    You had LITERALLY THE BALANCE THE DEVS WANT while being outranked, and you're complaining?

    Cry me a river..

    Tru3 said hold his beer...

    https://youtu.be/Mofb4lU6U9E


  • EDIT: and now the comment is back.

    Oh well...

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421362#Comment_1421362

    No offense, but I believe it's probably shocking to you because you're a new player.

    Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game.

    Yeah, the system does need to be reworked. You can say it's "kinda stupid" to defend a "ranking system that isn't really a rankings system" because you're allowed to have your opinion. I don't see a lot of people "defending" the system either. I just see that the system isn't representative of skill, so that people complaining about it being the cause of their losses is more of a "kinda stupid" thing than anything if you ask me. The devs talk about their plans a lot and if people refuse to keep up with the news of the game, and continue to whine about something that's currently being worked on, then that's just somebody being ignorant and not understanding what things are happening surrounding the game.

    You said it yourself that you just bought the game, so I wouldn't expect you to know all this. However, that doesn't make it any less true that the devs have already talked about this several different times. Complaining about it is about as pointless as complaining about "omg Bubba needs a buff" when they've released leaks of the changes to Bubba. It's pointless, it's something that's already been addressed, and nobody wants to see the same repetitive thing spammed over and over, especially coming from people who don't know how the system works in the first place.

    Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them. I see people say things like "I'm just upset that I depipped" or something like that, when people aren't even realizing that pips don't matter. It just shows that people that complain about this kind of thing aren't actually privy to what's going on in the game -- that's why it's silly.

    That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game. Trying to act like it is such does nothing but undermine your own opinion.

    Well, I wrote out a long, thoughtful post in response to this, but something happened and it's gone. So I'm gonna try to make this quicker...

    "Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game."

    You adapted to crap. Congrats. You can be fine putting up with that, but I'm not. And it's still broken.

    "Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them."

    I don't have to know how to bake a cake to know if it tastes like #########. And I don't have to know how these systems work to know if something feels broken.

    "That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game."

    People who play Overwatch make the same arguments about medals in that game. And guess what? They're wrong. If you take a GM player and a Bronze player and put them on the same team, and make them compete for medals (regardless of role), the bronze is gonna lose every time. I don't know every metric they use in this game's ranking system, but if it's as meaningless as you claim (which honestly I don't believe, because it's just too stupid)? Then they need to just remove and rework the system entirely. If what you're saying is true, it's doing more harm than good.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421395#Comment_1421395

    Well, I wrote out a long, thoughtful post in response to this, but something happened and it's gone. So I'm gonna try to make this quicker...

    "Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game."

    You adapted to crap. Congrats. You can be fine putting up with that, but I'm not. And it's still broken.

    "Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them."

    I don't have to know how to bake a cake to know if it tastes like #########. And I don't have to know how these systems work to know if something feels broken.

    "That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game."

    People who play Overwatch make the same arguments about medals in that game. And guess what? They're wrong. If you take a GM player and a Bronze player and put them on the same team, and make them compete for medals (regardless of role), the bronze is gonna lose every time. I don't know every metric they use in this game's ranking system, but if it's as meaningless as you claim (which honestly I don't believe, because it's just too stupid)? Then they need to just remove and rework the system entirely. If what you're saying is true, it's doing more harm than good.

    The ranking system in DbD isn't great, but it's also not "totally meaningless" the way some people say.

    I can almost always tell the approximate rank of a survivor just based off how they move. It's a clear difference. Progressing through red ranks - while definitely not a big challenge - does require some semblance of consistent performance.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421825#Comment_1421825

    The ranking system in DbD isn't great, but it's also not "totally meaningless" the way some people say.

    I can almost always tell the approximate rank of a survivor just based off how they move. It's a clear difference. Progressing through red ranks - while definitely not a big challenge - does require some semblance of consistent performance.

    It doesn't feel meaningless to me. That's why I'm still even arguing about it tbh.

    My games feel much more fair when people are all roughly around my rank. I don't always win, but I always feel like it was a good game. And when I get stomped, it's always when I'm up against people 10+ ranks lower than me. And those are never good games. And they make up the majority of the matches I play. 9 out of 10 easy.

    Some people would claim that's a coincidence, but idk...

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421395#Comment_1421395

    Well, I wrote out a long, thoughtful post in response to this, but something happened and it's gone. So I'm gonna try to make this quicker...

    "Game was just as bad, if not worse, when I first started playing. Guess what? I adapted. Now I'm used to the game."

    You adapted to crap. Congrats. You can be fine putting up with that, but I'm not. And it's still broken.

    "Like I said, you can have your opinions, but you better know how the systems you're talking about work before you actually start complaining about them."

    I don't have to know how to bake a cake to know if it tastes like #########. And I don't have to know how these systems work to know if something feels broken.

    "That's why I comment on posts like these telling them to stop complaining about the ranking system. It's not a comparable system to other ELO systems you might get in League of Legends or Overwatch, or whatever other competitive game."

    People who play Overwatch make the same arguments about medals in that game. And guess what? They're wrong. If you take a GM player and a Bronze player and put them on the same team, and make them compete for medals (regardless of role), the bronze is gonna lose every time. I don't know every metric they use in this game's ranking system, but if it's as meaningless as you claim (which honestly I don't believe, because it's just too stupid)? Then they need to just remove and rework the system entirely. If what you're saying is true, it's doing more harm than good.

    Yes, I adapted to crap. The point of me saying that is to show that I did it when things were worse off, so it's not impossible during this age of the game. Yeah, it's still broken, and I even said it needs to change (which it is, so it's pointless even bringing that up.) That doesn't change the fact that people are still whining over perfectly winnable games.

    That cake analogy is horrible. Knowing a rank system isn't the same as knowing a cake "tastes like #########."

    "If you take a GM player and a Bronze player..."

    No. You can stop there already. A GM vs. a bronze is nowhere near the same thing as people whining about rank in this game. Because like I said, the rank systems are not similar. You literally cannot argue on that basis, so don't even try making that comparison.

    I also just noticed after posting this that you said you don't believe me when I say the rank system is meaningless, because it's "too stupid." All I have to say to that is: if you think it is, go watch the devs say it themselves and tell them how stupid it is. Otherwise, don't come to me continuously insisting that the rank system is one that's comparable to other ones like in Overwatch, because as I said, it literally isn't. You admit yourself you don't know how the system works, and that's exactly why I said you better know how the system works before you start complaining about it: you are ignorant to the fact that it is not a legitimate ranking system meant to judge people based on skill. You keep bringing up things with that idea in mind, and it's clear that the reason is because you honestly just don't know how it works.

    I mean no disrespect when I say that you don't know how it works. I'm just simply saying that if you don't know how the system functions, then you probably aren't going to get a good idea of how effective it actually is.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421825#Comment_1421825

    Yes, I adapted to crap. The point of me saying that is to show that I did it when things were worse off, so it's not impossible during this age of the game. Yeah, it's still broken, and I even said it needs to change (which it is, so it's pointless even bringing that up.) That doesn't change the fact that people are still whining over perfectly winnable games.

    That cake analogy is horrible. Knowing a rank system isn't the same as knowing a cake "tastes like #########."

    "If you take a GM player and a Bronze player..."

    No. You can stop there already. A GM vs. a bronze is nowhere near the same thing as people whining about rank in this game. Because like I said, the rank systems are not similar. You literally cannot argue on that basis, so don't even try making that comparison.

    I also just noticed after posting this that you said you don't believe me when I say the rank system is meaningless, because it's "too stupid." All I have to say to that is: if you think it is, go watch the devs say it themselves and tell them how stupid it is. Otherwise, don't come to me continuously insisting that the rank system is one that's comparable to other ones like in Overwatch, because as I said, it literally isn't. You admit yourself you don't know how the system works, and that's exactly why I said you better know how the system works before you start complaining about it: you are ignorant to the fact that it is not a legitimate ranking system meant to judge people based on skill. You keep bringing up things with that idea in mind, and it's clear that the reason is because you honestly just don't know how it works.

    I mean no disrespect when I say that you don't know how it works. I'm just simply saying that if you don't know how the system functions, then you probably aren't going to get a good idea of how effective it actually is.

    "The point of me saying that is to show that I did it when things were worse off, so it's not impossible during this age of the game."

    Who ever claimed it was "impossible"? It's just unpleasant and (imo) a waste of my time. I'd rather go play other games if this is going to be my experience here. At least putting time into those other games facilitates rewarding progression and not... whatever this is.

    "That doesn't change the fact that people are still whining over perfectly winnable games."

    You can claim that, but you can't know that. Because if the ranking system is as ######### up as you claim? Then it's a crap-shoot. You can never know what games are winnable or not. It's literally impossible because there's no metric to determine skill. Maybe some are. Maybe they aren't. Point is, you don't know either. You can't use the ranking system as a justification for your argument claiming games are winnable, but then claim ranking is irrelevant when it's useful for you... That's really how it seems from my perspective.

    "That cake analogy is horrible. Knowing a rank system isn't the same as knowing a cake "tastes like [BAD WORD].""

    I mean that's an opinion. I disagree. I don't need to know how something functions or how it was created to realize that something is wrong simply by experiencing it. To return to the cake analogy, I might not be able to pinpoint the exact issue, maybe the butter went bad, or the milk soured, who knows? But it's easy to tell if it's bad lol.

    "Because like I said, the rank systems are not similar. You literally cannot argue on that basis, so don't even try making that comparison."

    They don't have to be. This is the thing you don't seem to consider at all. It doesn't matter if the ranking systems are completely unrelated, there will always be a skill gap. It doesn't matter what game it is. There will ALWAYS be high skill players and low skill players. And I highly doubt that a low skill player is going to perform better at the game than someone with markedly higher skill, knowledge, experience, etc. So of course a higher skill player will be more proficient at completing arbitrary tasks within the game to get medals and stuff. Hence why the GM player will always have a gold over the bronze player. Even if the systems are different, the same is true for this game, and every other competitive game as well.

    "if you think it is, go watch the devs say it themselves and tell them how stupid it is."

    Gladly. Point me to the video. If they actually say that, I'll be more than happy to tell shout into the void at the devs, telling them how ridiculous that is. But since they aren't fixing the rank system, and they're fixing the matchmaking system? I kinda wonder if they weren't just trying to save their own asses and placate the playerbase without realizing what they were saying... But I'm going out on a limb here. Haven't seen it. Just a feeling I've got all things considered. Could be 100% wrong.

    "I mean no disrespect when I say that you don't know how it works. I'm just simply saying that if you don't know how the system functions, then you probably aren't going to get a good idea of how effective it actually is."

    Well, if it isn't ranking player skill, then it's not effective at all, is it lol?

  • Okay? Idk what that proves. I literally said you CAN do well with bubba, but shouldnt expect it. That's a well known streamer who plays daily. He could do well with nurse no addons. Were talking about the average player.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1421497#Comment_1421497

    Okay? Idk what that proves. I literally said you CAN do well with bubba, but shouldnt expect it. That's a well known streamer who plays daily. He could do well with nurse no addons. Were talking about the average player.

    And the average player could do what tru3 does with LF. It's the BUILD, and knowing how to properly use it. I can do it, and I'm not even red rank...

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1422612#Comment_1422612

    "The point of me saying that is to show that I did it when things were worse off, so it's not impossible during this age of the game."

    Who ever claimed it was "impossible"? It's just unpleasant and (imo) a waste of my time. I'd rather go play other games if this is going to be my experience here. At least putting time into those other games facilitates rewarding progression and not... whatever this is.

    "That doesn't change the fact that people are still whining over perfectly winnable games."

    You can claim that, but you can't know that. Because if the ranking system is as ######### up as you claim? Then it's a crap-shoot. You can never know what games are winnable or not. It's literally impossible because there's no metric to determine skill. Maybe some are. Maybe they aren't. Point is, you don't know either. You can't use the ranking system as a justification for your argument claiming games are winnable, but then claim ranking is irrelevant when it's useful for you... That's really how it seems from my perspective.

    "That cake analogy is horrible. Knowing a rank system isn't the same as knowing a cake "tastes like [BAD WORD].""

    I mean that's an opinion. I disagree. I don't need to know how something functions or how it was created to realize that something is wrong simply by experiencing it. To return to the cake analogy, I might not be able to pinpoint the exact issue, maybe the butter went bad, or the milk soured, who knows? But it's easy to tell if it's bad lol.

    "Because like I said, the rank systems are not similar. You literally cannot argue on that basis, so don't even try making that comparison."

    They don't have to be. This is the thing you don't seem to consider at all. It doesn't matter if the ranking systems are completely unrelated, there will always be a skill gap. It doesn't matter what game it is. There will ALWAYS be high skill players and low skill players. And I highly doubt that a low skill player is going to perform better at the game than someone with markedly higher skill, knowledge, experience, etc. So of course a higher skill player will be more proficient at completing arbitrary tasks within the game to get medals and stuff. Hence why the GM player will always have a gold over the bronze player. Even if the systems are different, the same is true for this game, and every other competitive game as well.

    "if you think it is, go watch the devs say it themselves and tell them how stupid it is."

    Gladly. Point me to the video. If they actually say that, I'll be more than happy to tell shout into the void at the devs, telling them how ridiculous that is. But since they aren't fixing the rank system, and they're fixing the matchmaking system? I kinda wonder if they weren't just trying to save their own asses and placate the playerbase without realizing what they were saying... But I'm going out on a limb here. Haven't seen it. Just a feeling I've got all things considered. Could be 100% wrong.

    "I mean no disrespect when I say that you don't know how it works. I'm just simply saying that if you don't know how the system functions, then you probably aren't going to get a good idea of how effective it actually is."

    Well, if it isn't ranking player skill, then it's not effective at all, is it lol?

    People act like it's impossible. They say they can't win against swf blah blah blah, typical excuses. If you'd rather play other games, go play other games. Nobody is stopping you.

    I can claim that, and I can know that. Because there's always some mistake somebody made that could have not been made. That whole "You can't use the ranking system as a justification for your argument claiming games are winnable, but then claim ranking is irrelevant when it's useful for you..." BS is also senseless. Nothing but a nitpick. Don't reduce it down to a game of definitions please, you know what I mean by "winning." I still think the system is stupid but most people I see consider "winning" to be getting at least a couple kills.

    You can disagree it's a horrible analogy but that doesn't make it any more clear to others. You knowing how to bake a cake isn't going to influence how the cake tastes to you obviously, but knowing how a system works is completely different, and you can tell a lot by knowing what a system does and how it operates. Once again, terrible analogy.

    Yes, the ranking systems do have to be similar. Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges. They are fundamentally different things. You can't compare them.

    "Gladly." https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/99199/does-the-rank-system-really-determine-your-skill-or-is-there-more-to-it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/133209/ranks-mean-nothing

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/927/HH691ZWG6DKH.png

    We’ve observed a growing Community concern about matchmaking in recent months. Matchmaking wait times have exceeded our targeted limits and we’ve seen rank disparities fluctuate. In this Status Update, we will go in details on factors impacting the matchmaking, our current matchmaking system and our future solutions.  

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/793/ZSC8B6CPRDCP.png

    Above are the three variable factors in matchmaking, with a fourth being the number of players on each role, with an ideal ratio of 4 survivors for 1 killer at all times. When dealing with matchmaking, we need to decide how much to focus on each of the factors. If we focus on one point, the other points will see some sort of impact. For example, if we focus on time, your matches will likely end up being less fair, and you might get paired with people further away. Dedicated servers have helped us ensure a stable connection, with over 90% of players being put into matches with 150 ping and under. Our goal is to get you into a match as quickly as possible with a good connection, without compromising too much on fairness.  

    This is a difficult task in a game like Dead by Daylight, where both sides have different objectives and cannot be directly compared to one another. We’ve attempted to address this in the past with the Emblem system, but upon further review, we’ve concluded that rank does not directly correlate to skill. While a player who plays a lot will tend to be better than someone who plays very little, there are also players who are good at the game but don’t play enough to reach the upper ranks. 

    To help improve with the fairness factor without sacrificing wait times or pings, we will be making two changes. The first is a new system to better reflect a player’s skill level, and the second is a change to the matchmaking system to create fairer matches. 

     

    Going forward, we will use a hidden skill rating for matchmaking purposes. Your skill rating will increase when you do well and decrease when you do poorly. To keep this as fair as possible, the system will predict the outcome of the match based on the difference in your opponent(s) rating and adjust the amount your rating changes: 

    • If your rating is higher than your opponent(s), your rating will increase less if you win and drop more if you lose. 
    • If your rating is lower than your opponent(s), your rating will increase more if you win and drop less if you lose. 

    This way, even if you aren’t perfectly matched with people of the exact same skill level, your rating will not change unfairly. 

    In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. 

     

    Additionally, to make sure that your matches are as fair as possible, we will be switching over to “batch matchmaking”. 

    Currently, our matchmaking system takes the player in queue and looks for a match close to their rank. If it is unable to find an appropriate match, it will gradually expand the search range until it is able to give you a match. This can lead to both unfair matches and long queue times. 

    The new batch matchmaking will instead pool a larger number of players together, compare their skill levels, and then create the fairest matches possible simultaneously. With a larger pool to pick from, we hope to improve the fairness factor of matchmaking while also keeping pings and wait times low.  

     

    The release of these changes will be gradual. With the release of the mid-chapter update, we are able to start tracking skill levels. For the time being, this is only a test and is not being used for matchmaking purposes. Once we are confident that the skill rating is working as intended, we will be running tests on live servers. 

    When this happens, you may notice some disparity in ranks during your matches. This is to be expected as rank will no longer be used for matchmaking purposes at this time. To avoid confusion, we are considering removing ranks from the post-match scoreboard once testing is complete, as they will no longer be relevant to matchmaking. Ranks will remain visible only to you for bragging rights and a goal to work towards, but will be a reflection of your dedication to the game rather than skill for the time being. 

    We are confident that these changes will allow us to create fairer matches without losing sight of our goals; to get you into a match as soon as possible with a solid connection. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on our progress as we move forward. 

    Read 'em and weep. Multiple examples of the rank system being described as not being a good measurement of skill.

    No. It's not effective. That's my whole point. IDK how else I can put it to you.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1422760#Comment_1422760

    People act like it's impossible. They say they can't win against swf blah blah blah, typical excuses. If you'd rather play other games, go play other games. Nobody is stopping you.

    I can claim that, and I can know that. Because there's always some mistake somebody made that could have not been made. That whole "You can't use the ranking system as a justification for your argument claiming games are winnable, but then claim ranking is irrelevant when it's useful for you..." BS is also senseless. Nothing but a nitpick. Don't reduce it down to a game of definitions please, you know what I mean by "winning." I still think the system is stupid but most people I see consider "winning" to be getting at least a couple kills.

    You can disagree it's a horrible analogy but that doesn't make it any more clear to others. You knowing how to bake a cake isn't going to influence how the cake tastes to you obviously, but knowing how a system works is completely different, and you can tell a lot by knowing what a system does and how it operates. Once again, terrible analogy.

    Yes, the ranking systems do have to be similar. Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges. They are fundamentally different things. You can't compare them.

    "Gladly." https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/99199/does-the-rank-system-really-determine-your-skill-or-is-there-more-to-it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/133209/ranks-mean-nothing

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/status-update-matchmaking-changes

    Read 'em and weep. Multiple examples of the rank system being described as not being a good measurement of skill.

    No. It's not effective. That's my whole point. IDK how else I can put it to you.

    Did you read the threads you posted to me?

    "I would say it's the other way around. Your skill determines your rank (to an extent). Good players will rank up, not so great players stay a lower rank. There's exceptions to this (emblem system edge cases, SWF, etc.), but it does stay generally true.

    I know it's popular to say "rank means nothing", but there are people who get to a point where they no longer rank up. At the time I'm posting this, there's a thread on the front page of General Discussions of a guy who's having a hard time getting past rank 16. Likewise, there's also people who will tell you that red ranks are sweaty.

    Rank isn't everything though. It isn't a perfect 1:1 reflection of your skill, but it's a nice estimate."

    Kinda goes against that whole "rank is meaningless" thing you were saying rofl.

    As for the rest, I think I'm just gonna pass on responding tbh. You literally state I'm nitpicking about what a "win" is, but then nitpick my analogy to death rofl. It's just silly. I'd rather just agree to disagree on that.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431064#Comment_1431064

    Did you read the threads you posted to me?

    "I would say it's the other way around. Your skill determines your rank (to an extent). Good players will rank up, not so great players stay a lower rank. There's exceptions to this (emblem system edge cases, SWF, etc.), but it does stay generally true.

    I know it's popular to say "rank means nothing", but there are people who get to a point where they no longer rank up. At the time I'm posting this, there's a thread on the front page of General Discussions of a guy who's having a hard time getting past rank 16. Likewise, there's also people who will tell you that red ranks are sweaty.

    Rank isn't everything though. It isn't a perfect 1:1 reflection of your skill, but it's a nice estimate."

    Kinda goes against that whole "rank is meaningless" thing you were saying rofl.

    As for the rest, I think I'm just gonna pass on responding tbh. You literally state I'm nitpicking about what a "win" is, but then nitpick my analogy to death rofl. It's just silly. I'd rather just agree to disagree on that.

    Yes I did. They all say that rank isn't a good indicator of skill.

    I've given you reasoning, I've given you posts to read, so if you can't understand by this point there's no hope for you, so I'm done here.

  • I agree, broken ranking system, but it's still fun to not have to completely prioritize gens if I want to get out

  • 104492260_3876423362432243_3586398565651789324_o.jpg 95390681_3813252178748104_4835153643579637760_o.jpg 106558277_3177224148990786_2001479153885614565_o.jpg 349443aa-4412-4830-8917-279ee488d368.jpeg

    Been collecting some of the most busted examples of matchmaking I've seen.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431170#Comment_1431170

    Yes I did. They all say that rank isn't a good indicator of skill.

    I've given you reasoning, I've given you posts to read, so if you can't understand by this point there's no hope for you, so I'm done here.

    Lol the quote you sourced me literally stated "[Rank] isn't a perfect 1:1 reflection of your skill, but it's a nice estimate." I posted the entire quote in my response. So how exactly does that say it "isn't a good indicator of skill"? I think you're seeing what you want to see. Idk.

    If you want to believe rank is completely irrelevant, be my guest. But I just don't see any proof that supports that claim. And the information you provided doesn't really support that.

    But I think I'm fine leaving the conversation here as well. I don't think anything I could say would convince you, and I doubt you're gonna convince me of anything without some proof that actually supports your assertion. So agree to disagree I guess. idk.

  • @Widden_G2 said:

    Using noed and still complain lmao

    🤣

  • @megdonalds said:

    Has 2 kills and cries about quitting the game, SMH. This incompetent and braindead community gets worse and worse. I really refuse to visit this trash forum again.

    Because those 2 kills were pure luck and this is just one example

  • @Zarathos said:

    I'm honestly shocked people are looking at this ranking system looking at whats occurred and going "heh heh screw you noob noed abuser" or "well you got two kills so stop complaining". Do you have any empathy. The dudes facing players who have a much greater understanding of the game no matter what the result is the experience isn't going to be fun being looped and crushed by players with vaster amounts of experience. Sometime I wonder if you people realize that some people play games for fun not to win. For shame. I remember when i started I had my fair share of games where I 4ked but the other players deliberately dragged on the game because they only wanted to just dick around. It wasn't satisfying it was just frustrating not having the knowledge skill or practice to combat these survivors. I'm not saying that survivors shouldn't play flashlight comps or head on stun stacking that's fair if your all on the same playing field in terms of rank. But when you learning the game and gathering experience a lot of people learn nothing from frustrating experiences against opponents who are vastly out of there depth.

    My advice is to try your best to keep a cool head and put your best foot forward. Never let someone tear you down and take the time to appreciate any success you have during the match. Whether it be a good lunge around a corner a clutch well timed saw at a window. If dbd is stressful take sometime to let yourself relax (personally i prefer a nice hot cup of tea). Never let a game define your self worth. Focus on having fun and if your getting frustrated still meme around with the survivors. If someone starts saying nasty things pay em no heed don't even respond to what they say giving them no reaction this will often make them realize there just acting like a child.

    I hope this helps in making DBD more fun to play.

    Finally somebody with a brain.. thank you for the tips I will try them and stop looking at it this way

1 2 3 ›