Since we're adding ability cooldowns, tokens, and timers...

How about a Survivor stamina bar?

It can be a cute little red box around their portrait that drains as they sprint and recovers after they aren't sprinting for a few seconds.

Crouching can consume a token when used with a max of 2 or 3 tokens that come back after a few seconds.

Per Sylorknag;

You forgot to use the Devs words.

"this change aims to give survivors more strategical thinking when running away from a killer, making them consider carefully how to spend their resources" _ Deadbydaylight dev team

Edit: For those of you confusing this suggestion with Exhaustion. I'm talking about moving while holding your run button. Nothing involving perks.

Edit: Per LordGlint's suggestion I'm letting you know that this discussion is brought to you by the word "Sarcasm".

Comments

  • Sure, just make running give survivors 120% movement speed and I agree.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409987#Comment_1409987

    Have you ever tried running before? You can't do that ######### forever

    I’ve never tried running from a superpowered killer in an alternate dimension where I can’t die, no.

  • Cooldown to wraith invisibility spam when? Its so annoying when wraiths use the addons to uncloak and recloak quicker to get a speedboost. Also pretty sure plague needs a meter because throwup spam is bs.

    /s (to the wraith thing i kinda hate how plagues just can spam throw up and with her its your screwed if you cleanse screwed if ya don't but thats just me)

  • @Kai6864 said:

    This is a huge NO. This means that the killer will always catch a survivor on a loop, even if the killer doesn’t deserve to.

    This interferes with Deep Wound too, it would make Legion unstoppable.

    For reference, Survivors move at 4 m/s, while walking I believe they move 3.8m/s or less, which is the same as Nurse. Nurse would not be punished for not using her power.

    If the survivors couldn’t Sprint, that would also mean that they couldn’t perform medium or fast vaults, which also means that they can get grabbed even if they are healthy while slow vaulting.

    Everything about this idea is no.

    Obviously this is not a real suggestion but trying to showcase how stupid the devs are with the Billy Nerf.

  • You forgot to use the Devs words.

    "this change aims to give survivors more strategical thinking when running away from a killer, making them consider carefully how to spend their resources" _ Deadbydaylight dev team

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Didnt you call me out for making "bait posts" around a month or 2 ago?

    Maybe try following your own advice?

    He gave no advice there. He just stated out something. Reading skills not really your strengths I guess

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410027#Comment_1410027

    I...you...

    You are agreeing with him and adding to his point... yet you sound like you think you made a point against him...

    I don't even... what?

    it's exactly because the killer ain't chasing all 4 survivors at once that they get the long cooldowns, because the killer is busy with other people and the survivor has time to chill... did you even stop to think about this before speaking?

    Because nobody thinks about this problem dynamically, not everyone is going to run Exhaustion, not everyone is going to save sprint burst and maybe have already used it to.


    It's just 1+1+1+1 = 4 for most killers on this forum when they're thinking about the games problems when there is a lot more to it, not everyone runs exhaust, if someone has to run for a save ( theoretically if this stamina was real ) then the killer knows who ever saved won't be able to run long and knows the chase will be over in such a short amount of time, the idea and even though it's a joke is ridiculous and it's not even really a joke because it's Space posting it and he has a hate boner for survivors and would happily advocate for this to actually be put in the game, OR he knows how ridiculous the idea is and it actually is a joke and therefore he's acknowledging survivor isn't such a walk in the park by suggesting this, lol.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410029#Comment_1410029

    Ok, you win, you're right, however, doesn't stop the fact that you bring up the same point every time almost like there isn't a single other time since then that the devs have made a seriously egregious update that seriously was game breaking.

    Of course there are more. This is my favorite because the ENTIRE community agreed that it was... a bad decision. The fact that it was deliberate is the biggest draw to the example.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409905#Comment_1409905

    He gave no advice there. He just stated out something. Reading skills not really your strengths I guess

    It was a joke...

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410078#Comment_1410078

    Of course there are more. This is my favorite because the ENTIRE community agreed that it was... a bad decision. The fact that it was deliberate is the biggest draw to the example.

    So what are these egrigous game breaking updates? As far as I can tell, they've never walked back an update since then, so how in the world is the game playable if there a more game breaking updates they've made?

  • AND ANYWAY

    why do survivors need stamina when killers have bloodlust? You literally have the additive to a survior negative, you have something that makes you faster without benefitting survivors.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410121#Comment_1410121

    So what are these egrigous game breaking updates? As far as I can tell, they've never walked back an update since then, so how in the world is the game playable if there a more game breaking updates they've made?

    *Gets out a list*

    Well uh... Let me, first, introduce you to, uh... The Darkness Among Us.

  • Its a really dumb joke. You're not stupid

  • The only map where you don't have an endless supply of those is Game, and that's complained about endlessly as too easy for killers.

    Seriously, what other map do you actually have issues with number of pallets?

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410127#Comment_1410127

    *Gets out a list*

    Well uh... Let me, first, introduce you to, uh... The Darkness Among Us.

    Space wont mention Legion because he's a killer main who hates survivors and will absolutely defend legion most likely, lol.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410121#Comment_1410121

    So what are these egrigous game breaking updates? As far as I can tell, they've never walked back an update since then, so how in the world is the game playable if there a more game breaking updates they've made?

    I'm not a Nurse main, but I'm sure they have an example or two.

    @Seanzu said:

    AND ANYWAY

    why do survivors need stamina when killers have bloodlust? You literally have the additive to a survior negative, you have something that makes you faster without benefitting survivors.

    What happens to bloodlust when a killer breaks a pallet?

    What happens to a survivor's when they drop a pallet?

    Is Bloodlust a good mechanic?

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410135#Comment_1410135

    Space wont mention Legion because he's a killer main who hates survivors and will absolutely defend legion most likely, lol.

    ?

    The Darkness Among Us was completely and utterly broken, and Coconut has never once defended old Legion (let alone current legion). It was hated by both sides because it broke the game.

    • New Map that was literally broken
    • New Killer that was broken
    • Introduced broken mechanics
    • Both sides of the community were angry

    Same thing as the last update he was talking about. I'm surprised you seem so aggressive towards him as well.

  • Typically, I dont agree with half the stuff ya say... But I can still spot sarcasm when I see it at least. Maybe add a line at the bottom next time saying your post is tongue in cheek so people dont actually start arguing against sarcastic suggestions as if they're actual suggestions.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410127#Comment_1410127

    I'm not a Nurse main, but I'm sure they have an example or two.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410134#Comment_1410134

    What happens to bloodlust when a killer breaks a pallet?

    What happens to a survivor's when they drop a pallet?

    Is Bloodlust a good mechanic?

    Almost all of them past the rework in terms of Nurse lmao

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410127#Comment_1410127

    I'm not a Nurse main, but I'm sure they have an example or two.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410134#Comment_1410134

    What happens to bloodlust when a killer breaks a pallet?

    What happens to a survivor's when they drop a pallet?

    Is Bloodlust a good mechanic?

    Lets not pretend you care about survivors, it's very evident frmo everything you post you think killerd should 4K almost every game, you'd probably make another sarcastic post were bloodlust removed, you've never made a positive video about survivors, like when you played rank 20 to show how easy survivor was? lmao.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    How about a Survivor stamina bar?

    It can be a cute little red box around their portrait that drains as they sprint and recovers after they aren't sprinting for a few seconds.

    Crouching can consume a token when used with a max of 2 or 3 tokens that come back after a few seconds.

    WHAT NEVER THIS WOULD MAKE SWF SAD!!!!!!!!!

  • This would definitely promote better skillful gameplay from survivors, just like how they nerf killers in order to "Make him more skill-based"

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410154#Comment_1410154

    Lets not pretend you care about survivors, it's very evident frmo everything you post you think killerd should 4K almost every game, you'd probably make another sarcastic post were bloodlust removed, you've never made a positive video about survivors, like when you played rank 20 to show how easy survivor was? lmao.

    Let's not pretend that you've seen all of my videos all the way through.

    It's more likely that you've never seen the instances where I talk positively about survivors.

    As for the 4k statement:

    https://youtu.be/7kUNfY2c1aA


  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409893#Comment_1409893

    Im PRETTY sure @SpaceCoconut was bein abit cheeky with this suggestion and didnt ACTUALLY think it should be a thing. Its more to make a statement about how dumb tying everything to cooldowns are.

    I had a feeling that was the case but you can never be too sure with this community!

  • @Kai6864 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410071#Comment_1410071

    I had a feeling that was the case but you can never be too sure with this community!

    Yea, lots of sarcasm in the forums.

    I know I'm adored here ;)

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409893#Comment_1409893

    Obviously this is not a real suggestion but trying to showcase how stupid the devs are with the Billy Nerf.

    Well I personally don’t think this is ‘obvious’ enough. Stuff like this genuinely comes out of this community in a not as sarcastic manner, I wouldn’t have been surprised if this was 100% a real suggestion.

  • @Kai6864 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410106#Comment_1410106

    Well I personally don’t think this is ‘obvious’ enough. Stuff like this genuinely comes out of this community in a not as sarcastic manner, I wouldn’t have been surprised if this was 100% a real suggestion.

    OUCH, rip the community

  • It’s DbD in 2020, does anyone really have standards for this community anymore?

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410214#Comment_1410214

    Yea, lots of sarcasm in the forums.

    I know I'm adored here ;)

    I’m sorry if I sounded rude at the start, I’m also sorry for misinterpreting the post’s sarcasm for a real suggestion! I’m not sure what’s sarcasm and what not in this community.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410089#Comment_1410089

    Because nobody thinks about this problem dynamically, not everyone is going to run Exhaustion, not everyone is going to save sprint burst and maybe have already used it to.

    It's just 1+1+1+1 = 4 for most killers on this forum when they're thinking about the games problems when there is a lot more to it, not everyone runs exhaust, if someone has to run for a save ( theoretically if this stamina was real ) then the killer knows who ever saved won't be able to run long and knows the chase will be over in such a short amount of time, the idea and even though it's a joke is ridiculous and it's not even really a joke because it's Space posting it and he has a hate boner for survivors and would happily advocate for this to actually be put in the game, OR he knows how ridiculous the idea is and it actually is a joke and therefore he's acknowledging survivor isn't such a walk in the park by suggesting this, lol.

    ... did you read what I posted and what the conversation was about?

    because it sounds like you guessed it and went on the defensive without understanding it.


    I'm sorry you couldn't spot the sarcasm on space coconuts post... but he very obviously wasn't actually suggesting a stamina bar for survivors. he was showing how simply adding a cooldown to things you should be able to do normally is not a good thing.

    and he did it so well that you saw immediately how that would break the survivor gameplay. but you're failing to apply that same way of thinking towards billy and the people that actually know how much this would affect him.

    it's not about how long the stamina lasts, or how quickly it recharges... you need to run as a survivor. you limit that, you limit your options to play as a survivor. could you still do it? absolutely. pretty sure people on low ranks wouldn't even notice. But you know, you know your game is now worse, you know you suddenly can't do something you need to do, to succeed in the game.

    so how about actually listening to the billy players instead of ignoring all they say because you think they can't possibly be right?

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    How about a Survivor stamina bar?

    It can be a cute little red box around their portrait that drains as they sprint and recovers after they aren't sprinting for a few seconds.

    Crouching can consume a token when used with a max of 2 or 3 tokens that come back after a few seconds.

    Uh, this is a bad idea because survivors already move slower than killers, adding an stamina bar on top of things like bloodlust would make tunneling too effective.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410118#Comment_1410118

    ... did you read what I posted and what the conversation was about?

    because it sounds like you guessed it and went on the defensive without understanding it.

    I'm sorry you couldn't spot the sarcasm on space coconuts post... but he very obviously wasn't actually suggesting a stamina bar for survivors. he was showing how simply adding a cooldown to things you should be able to do normally is not a good thing.

    and he did it so well that you saw immediately how that would break the survivor gameplay. but you're failing to apply that same way of thinking towards billy and the people that actually know how much this would affect him.

    it's not about how long the stamina lasts, or how quickly it recharges... you need to run as a survivor. you limit that, you limit your options to play as a survivor. could you still do it? absolutely. pretty sure people on low ranks wouldn't even notice. But you know, you know your game is now worse, you know you suddenly can't do something you need to do, to succeed in the game.

    so how about actually listening to the billy players instead of ignoring all they say because you think they can't possibly be right?

    You should go read the dudes other posts, or watch some of his videos, you wouldn't think this was a joke if you've seen even a glimpse of what he posts or thinks the direction of the game should go in based on his videos.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410248#Comment_1410248

    You should go read the dudes other posts, or watch some of his videos, you wouldn't think this was a joke if you've seen even a glimpse of what he posts or thinks the direction of the game should go in based on his videos.

    I didn't say it was a joke. read my comment. Being sarcastic and making a sarcastic joke are not the same thing.


    when you add the title, talking about recent changes and how apparenty adding cooldowns to things is how we go, with "It can be a cute little red box around their portrait" did you really take it seriously?


    and I have watched some of his videos... I don't like them. I think space coconut talks in a very pretensious way and I tend to disagree with a lot of what he says based on that alone. Doesn't mean he is wrong about everything.


    The Earth doesn't turn into a triangle because some ######### said it is a globe. So if someone is right about something, they are right. doesn't matter what they think about anything else or how much of a terrible person you think they are.

  • @SpaceCoconut i am just curious: do you think the mid-chapter is that bad? I personally, as of this moment, don't think it is terrible, but i would like to hear other opinions.

  • I think instead of Blood lust for Killers (120%, 125%, 130% speed per tier, 25% faster than survivors), they should adding stamina to Survivor to make them slower if they keep running.

    It can be simple as 105% speed, and drop 5% every 12sec, down to 90% max. While Killer keep their 115% (25 faster than survivors).

    Stamina goes back to full if hooked.


    The good thing come with this:

    • Gen rush slow down just a bit, since survivors tend to walk and save stamina than running from Gen to Gen.
    • New survivors can stand long enough with their 105% speed
    • Killers cant transfer blood lust from survivor to survivor (such as blood lust 3 a survivor then chase another one while keeping blood lust 3).
  • @Kai6864 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410218#Comment_1410218

    I’m sorry if I sounded rude at the start, I’m also sorry for misinterpreting the post’s sarcasm for a real suggestion! I’m not sure what’s sarcasm and what not in this community.

    Oh don't worry about it!

    Considering the reputation I have I don't blame you one bit lol

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Maybe survivors just spawn on the hook?

    Do you enjoy talking out of your ass? That contributes to nothing or helping get a point across!

  • @C3Tooth said:

    I think instead of Blood lust for Killers (120%, 125%, 130% speed per tier, 25% faster than survivors), they should adding stamina to Survivor to make them slower if they keep running.

    It can be simple as 105% speed, and drop 5% every 12sec, down to 90% max. While Killer keep their 115% (25 faster than survivors).

    Stamina goes back to full if hooked.

    The good thing come with this:

    • Gen rush slow down just a bit, since survivors tend to walk and save stamina than running from Gen to Gen.
    • New survivors can stand long enough with their 105% speed
    • Killers cant transfer blood lust from survivor to survivor (such as blood lust 3 a survivor then chase another one while keeping blood lust 3).

    I think i'm cool with that if we consider think this is a new bloodlust

1 2 ›