Help us getting Springtrap ♥️

Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's 3 in Dead by Daylight

This is a petition for Springtrap as a new killer, please if u can sign the petition and show devs that we really want him in game ♥️

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415101#Comment_1415101

    Halloween franchise is more than just movies, it's why they don't need to be constantly making movies to earn a profit. They have costume, t-shirts, toys, statues, etc. being released and sold all the time. There's also royalties from streaming/TV so needing to sell copies of the movie isn't a good indicator. Also the pretty consistent references in other tv/movies goes against your "not on people's minds" statement.

    DBD is not the reason movies were being made again. Studio Rob Zombie worked with losing the rights and going to another is why movies were made again. It happens pretty often with large well known franchises in Hollywood - it's how we get so many remakes and reboots.

    Not to mention Halloween is the highest grossing slasher franchise of all, beating Friday 13, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street and others.

    Also one of the few slasher film franchises to have some films been well received by critics instead of being panned like almost everything else in the genre.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414466#Comment_1414466

    The difference between Fnaf and the other horror movie icons is that Fnaf is still making revenue, while the horror icons weren't at the time. When Myers was released there were no movies being made with him anymore. He was tbh forgotten and then the publicity of bringing him to a popular game is a good thing. And it may be coincidence but 2 years later we had another Haloween movie.

    Fnaf isn't that desperate. Almost everybody knows Fnaf so they don't need the publicity that putting him in the game would get. I wouldn't mind Springtrap into DbD but that isn't up to the devs alone. So even if you convince them it still is possible that it won't happen

    Did you really compare FNAF to iconic slashers? L m f a o.

    FNAF is something that will (likely) disappear years down the road. Something that’s popular for a while & then fades into the background. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street; they’re always talked about, whether you realize it or not. I’m not trying to diss your beloved game, but I think you’re exaggerating.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414550#Comment_1414550

    Did you really compare FNAF to iconic slashers? L m f a o.

    FNAF is something that will (likely) disappear years down the road. Something that’s popular for a while & then fades into the background. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street; they’re always talked about, whether you realize it or not. I’m not trying to diss your beloved game, but I think you’re exaggerating.

    Time will show. Anyway this game has a special place in hearts of many gamers, some of which play Dead by Daylight and who would be happy to see Springtrap in this game.

  • while i don't technically want Springtrap.... i want to run around in a freddy pizzaria ok?

  • I'm not saying you are. I'm just explaining how this petition is not about getting a direct result, it's to show the level of interest in the character.

    and when you consider that, it has gotten the result that was expected. (gonna safely assume that at least 1 developer has seen it).


    petitions fail when they expect a concrete result. Like, you get a couple hundred signatures and expect the mayor to build a bridge or something. those are the kind that have a bad success rate.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415211#Comment_1415211

    I'm not saying you are. I'm just explaining how this petition is not about getting a direct result, it's to show the level of interest in the character.

    and when you consider that, it has gotten the result that was expected. (gonna safely assume that at least 1 developer has seen it).

    petitions fail when they expect a concrete result. Like, you get a couple hundred signatures and expect the mayor to build a bridge or something. those are the kind that have a bad success rate.

    I think they got that y'all want it, since there's a FnaF post at the front once every day for over a week now. 😜

  • Damn. Imagine confusing furries (a sexual fetish) and animatronic monsters (a horror trope) as the same thing.

    Inb4: fanfic. Just because someone imagines it doesnt make it real. Sam and Dean arent really incestuous demon hunters.

    Also, way to label/kink shame everyone who may be a furry. I'm sure there are some non pretentious perfectly normal people, who just like mascot suits.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    As if this petition is going to really do anything.

    Change.org is a joke.

    Side: Also someone acting like PH and Springtrap are some how even close to equal. lol

    I know right? One fell off into obscurity until a ######### movie came along and its sequel was abandoned, and the other is a super well known widely enjoyed horror game made that has spawned books, vr games, and potentially it's own ######### movie.


    PS: I enjoy both. But trying to discredit one because you like the other is silly.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    Is the petition legit or are there a bunch of bots and alt accounts making the numbers go up? I might be wrong but it seems unbelievable to me that THAT many people want a FnAF chapter 🧐

    How is it hard to believe that one of the most popular recent horror games has a large following in a game that is extremely niche?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410375#Comment_1410375

    How is it hard to believe that one of the most popular recent horror games has a large following in a game that is extremely niche?

    For the LAST ######### time. I’ve responded to this. They have shown me the numbers on YouTube. Yes, it was hard to believe because bots and alts are a thing. But I get it. Now for the love of god, stop bringing up this old ass comment.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1398686#Comment_1398686

    Damn. Imagine confusing furries (a sexual fetish) and animatronic monsters (a horror trope) as the same thing.

    Inb4: fanfic. Just because someone imagines it doesnt make it real. Sam and Dean arent really incestuous demon hunters.

    Also, way to label/kink shame everyone who may be a furry. I'm sure there are some non pretentious perfectly normal people, who just like mascot suits.

    Didn't know furries were a fetish. When I say furries are pretentious, I clearly don't mean all of them. But I guess that's my bad wording. The vast majority of furries are pretentious from what I've seen." The furry fandom is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, speaking, walking on two legs, and wearing clothes." That doesn't sound like someone who just likes mascots.

  • What's up with all this furry talk?

    The furry fandom is just a subculture that consists of people interested in anthropomorphic characters in media, art etc.

    Calling it a fetish is a bit harsh considering about every fandom has its sexual elements and not just the furry fandom.

    Now back to FNAF plz.

    I wasn't fond of the idea at first, but the more and more videos, concepts I've watched the more I'm on board.

    I've previously mentioned it already, but having an animatronic killer would be awesome. It'd allow dbd to explore different kinds of horror elements. Not everyone is scared of the same thing and I know many are scared of animatronics, living dolls etc.

    So if Scott and BHVR can come to terms, I'd be excited to see a FNAF chapter in DBD.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414823#Comment_1414823

    It's not an insult, I'd say it about any online petition because that is what happens with most and why they are not taken seriously. Unless you have some way to prove someone isn't just signing it with multiple accounts/bots there's no way to know if it's someone signing once or a kid that has time on their hands to create a bunch of email accounts and keep signing the petition to pad the numbers.

    Why are you trying to ask him to prove the signatures are real, when you can't prove they're fake either? Mere suspicion isn't enough. Even if 25% of the signatures were fake (which is a huge over-exaggeration), that's STILL over 16,000 people.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415007#Comment_1415007

    How many movies do you think the Haloween franchise sold in 2016 before he got released on dbd? Spoiler not a lot

    Forgotten might have been a poor choice of words but he definitivly wasen't on anyone's mind at the time. Hell dbd could very well be the sole reason movies about him are being made again

    Saying one of the most iconic characters in all of horror (more specifically the one character to jumpstart the slasher genre) is a dead bug and only popular again because of DBD is a joke. FNAF these days is nothing more than a brand name for kids. Anyone ever brings up horror related topics, and you'll find anything but FNAF in those topics. The likes of Michael Myers, Jason, Freddy, etc. have always been mainstream names in pop culture, regardless if they have a movie in the works or not.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415064#Comment_1415064

    Why are you trying to ask him to prove the signatures are real, when you can't prove they're fake either? Mere suspicion isn't enough. Even if 25% of the signatures were fake (which is a huge over-exaggeration), that's STILL over 16,000 people.

    I wasn't asking him to prove they're real or fake, no where did I even request that. My explanation was speaking in general terms as to why online petitions as a whole are not taken seriously.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1399273#Comment_1399273

    I know right? One fell off into obscurity until a ######### movie came along and its sequel was abandoned, and the other is a super well known widely enjoyed horror game made that has spawned books, vr games, and potentially it's own ######### movie.

    PS: I enjoy both. But trying to discredit one because you like the other is silly.

    Good try.

    I can make a blatantly biased and disingenuous statement too:

    | I know right? One is a set of trash games that rely on Jump Scares. A cheap tactic that clueless people think is "fear' when its just their instinctual fight-or-flight reaction. FnaF is part of the problem with the Horror Genre. The other is from a movie and a few games. One of which is beloved and continues to be toted as one of the greatest horror games of all time.|

    To clarify: I don't care about either of them. I haven't played much Silent Hill or FnaF. But at least I'm willing to recognize that PH was popular, even before the Silent Hill movie came out, and came from a game that people loved and still love to this day. Acting as if he fell into obscurity is ridiculous. Springtrap isn't as well loved or known outside the FnaF fandom as you might think. The Silent Hill movie IS garbage though.

    PS: Maybe instead of comparing PH to FnaF you should compare PH to Springtrap. Or are you too blind by bias to see the difference?

  • Hell yeah I'm ready

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415512#Comment_1415512

    I wasn't asking him to prove they're real or fake, no where did I even request that. My explanation was speaking in general terms as to why online petitions as a whole are not taken seriously.

    "Unless you have some way to prove someone isn't just signing it with multiple accounts/bots there's no way to know if it's someone signing once or a kid that has time on their hands to create a bunch of email accounts and keep signing the petition to pad the numbers."

    This is what I was referring to. It's unfair to automatically assume that a significant chunk of these are just fake votes, especially when the petition's ideas are actively supported outside the petition (on places like the FNaF and DbD reddit pages, as well as YouTube). I can see a few fake votes, sure, but not enough to significantly change the results.

    These online petitions are just a way to say "Hey, people do/ don't want this", not necessarily a "call to action for BHVR". There's not much the fans can do other than just support the idea anyways, hence why these petitions get created in the first place.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415064#Comment_1415064

    Why are you trying to ask him to prove the signatures are real, when you can't prove they're fake either? Mere suspicion isn't enough. Even if 25% of the signatures were fake (which is a huge over-exaggeration), that's STILL over 16,000 people.

    Its still Change.org

    Its not going to do anything.

    And is guessing 25% a huge over-exaggeration when nothing is stopping you from signing it multiple times and you don't need to provide proof of identification?

  • no thankyou, or make him so bad he is never played. im tired of the weeby cosmetics, i want horror for a change

  • Did someone seriously say that Michael Myers was forgotten about?

    Maybe with the younger generation, FNAF seems more iconic because your mommy doesn't let you watch movies like Halloween, but Michael Myers is definitely way more iconic and talked about then a character like Springtrap.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414550#Comment_1414550

    Did you really compare FNAF to iconic slashers? L m f a o.

    FNAF is something that will (likely) disappear years down the road. Something that’s popular for a while & then fades into the background. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street; they’re always talked about, whether you realize it or not. I’m not trying to diss your beloved game, but I think you’re exaggerating.

    Completly missed the point what i was saying like everyone here apperently

    I'm not saying Fnaf is bigger then any of the iconic horror characters. Ofcourse it's not and it doesn't have any hope to be

    All i'm saying is that because fnaf is still making revenue, them partnering up for publicity is less likely. at the time the myers update happened it was 6 years since these horror icon franchises had a movie which was a not well recieved reboot of nightmare on elmstreet. At that point in time the iconic horror movies, while iconic and beloved weren't making anything new which means that if then someone came for a partnership for publicity and revenue is a great deal.

    Fnaf at this moment in time with all it's books and games is making more revenue then those icons where in that moment in time. Not because Fnaf is better, not because the horror icons are bad. Just because Fnaf is popular at the moment. That it will be completly forgotten in a year is completly irrelevent to what i'm saying. This is not me defending Fnaf, i don't care at all about Fnaf. Just pointing out that these licences issues aren't always as simple as they seem

    How everyone twisted that into me saying that Fnaf is bigger then the iconic horror characters is beyond me tbh

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415671#Comment_1415671

    "Unless you have some way to prove someone isn't just signing it with multiple accounts/bots there's no way to know if it's someone signing once or a kid that has time on their hands to create a bunch of email accounts and keep signing the petition to pad the numbers."

    This is what I was referring to. It's unfair to automatically assume that a significant chunk of these are just fake votes, especially when the petition's ideas are actively supported outside the petition (on places like the FNaF and DbD reddit pages, as well as YouTube). I can see a few fake votes, sure, but not enough to significantly change the results.

    These online petitions are just a way to say "Hey, people do/ don't want this", not necessarily a "call to action for BHVR". There's not much the fans can do other than just support the idea anyways, hence why these petitions get created in the first place.

    My first line of that statement is "I would say this about any online petition" and the rest was the reason why I said that first line, again speaking in general terms about online petitions. Whether it's fair or not doesn't matter. When previous online petitions have been padded with alt accounts and bots it puts doubt in other online petitions having legitimate numbers.

    If it is just a "hey people would like this" and you're confident the count isn't alt accounts and bots then there's no reason to get upset when someone says they think numbers are padded and don't think the petition is going to be taken seriously. The numbers and people taking it seriously only matter if this is supposed to be a "call to action."

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415294#Comment_1415294

    I think they got that y'all want it, since there's a FnaF post at the front once every day for over a week now. 😜

    well...yeah. XD

    but it's nice to have a number attached to it.

  • ugh a mech bear would really take me out of it

  • i ok with this more people who hate it the more i want it.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414823#Comment_1414823

    ...I’ve already responded to somebody else who nicely pointed out they weren’t alts, why are you still dragging this conversation out and trying to prove me wrong? It’s not an insult, it was a legitimate question. You can go ahead and reply to me but this is all I’m going to say 👍

    I wasn't there for that conversation. Sorry if I missed that little detail.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414823#Comment_1414823

    It's not an insult, I'd say it about any online petition because that is what happens with most and why they are not taken seriously. Unless you have some way to prove someone isn't just signing it with multiple accounts/bots there's no way to know if it's someone signing once or a kid that has time on their hands to create a bunch of email accounts and keep signing the petition to pad the numbers.

    It is an insult because it is saying that a portion of those peoples signatures are not legitimate when you don't have the proof to reinforce your claim.

  • @Kei_Ra said:

    ugh a mech bear would really take me out of it

    Where tf did u find MECH BEAR HERE?? 😂😂😂

  • @Kei_Ra said:

    ugh a mech bear would really take me out of it

    Well good thing he isn't a bear then.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414550#Comment_1414550

    Myers being forgotten has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. 😂

    Yeah, we are talking about probably one of the top 3 most iconic killers in the business, he wont be forgoten, just like jason, ghostface, leatherface, freddy... the list is long but the top spots are always the same

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1415007#Comment_1415007

    How many movies do you think the Haloween franchise sold in 2016 before he got released on dbd? Spoiler not a lot

    Forgotten might have been a poor choice of words but he definitivly wasen't on anyone's mind at the time. Hell dbd could very well be the sole reason movies about him are being made again

    I doubt a rando "horror" game is the reason they are getting traction again, they can throw out a movie at any time and nobody would stand in the way of that because of how famous of a killer he is, it would be insane to believe that they need the atention of a bunch of gamers of this one game out of thousands, just to release a movie

  • Here is the link bro I support dbd springtrap, and you support me if we want to add dbd springtrap to the game, maybe they will see it, tell your friends :)!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/175390/im-curious-to-see-how-many-people-will-vote-for-the-introduction-of-the-springtrap-maniac#latest

  • Dang almost 50,000? Some amazing support. Im sure the devs have seen it then and scott its up to them.

  • I'll keep saying it, no, it would just ve a way for Scott to promote his now boring games and gain cash around it, plus the fact that Springtrap basically is just a dead "human" in a bunny suit, we got Legion's legendary skin for a bunny suit, that's enough.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    It's not scary though, there's tons of choice other than fnaf in games what happen to all of the resident evil fans,Fear they could get Alma ,A killer from Siren I don't know much about the series but it's scary there's just so many better choice's I'm sure there's multiple characters to be into then eventually youll have a favorite character,but fnaf is not scary and goofy.

    Capcom wont allow any creatures in this trash game. thank god

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/166449/help-us-getting-springtrap-%EF%B8%8F

    While I still firmly believe that FNAF is simply not scary enough to be in DBD, I do think that if a FNAF chapter happens, Springtrap is the best bet.

    How would his power work? How would he attack? Hes never seen attacking anything in the games. Would his M1 be bitchslapping a survivor with his hand?

    I agree with this. Springtrap is the best choice out of the entire cast.

    I wasn't expecting so many people having signed.

  • I'd be so happy with a Fnaf chapter, hopefully it'd show others what horror the franchise can have.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I'll keep saying it, no, it would just ve a way for Scott to promote his now boring games and gain cash around it, plus the fact that Springtrap basically is just a dead "human" in a bunny suit, we got Legion's legendary skin for a bunny suit, that's enough.

    What collaboration isn't a promotion aimed at bringing new fans in franchise?

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1485982#Comment_1485982

    What collaboration isn't a promotion aimed at bringing new fans in franchise?

    Was Halloween brought to promote 2018 movie, what about Freddy? Silent Hill might hinted a new game because of the DLC??

  • Please god no, the playerbase is supposed to be adults not children why dont we just add Barney the dinosaur to the game while were at it since were gonna petition to add things that are only scary to a 7 year old, I've played FNAF I dont get why people want it in DBD

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I'll keep saying it, no, it would just ve a way for Scott to promote his now boring games and gain cash around it, plus the fact that Springtrap basically is just a dead "human" in a bunny suit, we got Legion's legendary skin for a bunny suit, that's enough.

    Im Sorry have you donated 100k to st.judes and other charities with your money and just want to make a living and let your fanbase have fun?

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393423#Comment_1393423

    I don't think Ghostface is scary. But he's in the game. He just seems like some normal dude to me.

    Springtrap would be creepy as a Legendary Skin. But I wouldn't want a whole character based on him.

    Ghostface doesn't have to be jump out of your skin scary, nor does Michael Myers....but.....both of them have a long ass body count. Five Nights at Freddys on the other hand....is a meme. Like Slenderman. Sure the game blew up because it was a nice piece of memey pewdiepie ready work. But....there's nothing really scary about the animitronics. And the original creator hasn't even taken it up a notch to make his characters horror icons. No movie, no narrative....just a folklore villain. And that....doesn't seem like enough for DBD. Just based on Aesthetic alone the FNAF characters are only scary to 8 year olds...and youtubers trying to make a trending video.

    FNAF is right up there with Momo, slenderman, and Jeff the Killer, but at least momo and Jeff and slenderman have a scary aesthetic....

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Please god no, the playerbase is supposed to be adults not children why dont we just add Barney the dinosaur to the game while were at it since were gonna petition to add things that are only scary to a 7 year old, I've played FNAF I dont get why people want it in DBD

    Springtrap is literally a guy who murdered children and was haunted by their ghosts until he hid in a spring suit when the springlocks locked killing him the locks spearing into his body in the game you even see the blood spewing out. Seems like a childrens game to me sure."Springtrap is the mutilated corpse of William Afton, trapped in a severely-damaged animatronic rabbit suit. He made his first appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, as the primary (and only corporeal) antagonist"

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486063#Comment_1486063

    Springtrap is literally a guy who murdered children and was haunted by their ghosts until he hid in a spring suit when the springlocks locked killing him the locks spearing into his body in the game you even see the blood spewing out. Seems like a childrens game to me sure."Springtrap is the mutilated corpse of William Afton, trapped in a severely-damaged animatronic rabbit suit. He made his first appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, as the primary (and only corporeal) antagonist"

    Dude I'm almost 40 years old, that damn mechanical rabbit doesn't scare me a bit , I've played FNAF in regular and VR mode it's not scary in the slightest bit for me, in fact those games are uninstalled right now because they're too boring, Dbd has too many iconic killers to throw that in, I'd personally rather see pinhead introduce before FNAF

  • I rather have a original killer

1 2 3 4 5