We need more female killers in this game

I dont want to be sexist but 3 of the best killers in the game are females: Nurse, Hag and Spirit, and I think it's a bit weird. I really like their powers and all, and I really dont want to offend anybody, but I suddenly thought about this and decided to start a discussion.

Either way, with the adition of Pyramid Head, I think we need a female killer now, just to even things up.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383674#Comment_1383674

    Sure. But in the meantime, don't let that stop people from appreciating the good stories and unique characters that we did get in the past, like the licensed ones I mentioned we have yet to see in dead by daylight.

    Naturally. Nobody's stopping anyone from appreciating anything.

  • @Papayarng said:

    Male:

    Bubba, Oni, Gun person, Myers, Clown, Frank, Joey, Doc, Billy, Wraith, Trapper, Freddy

    Female:

    Plague, Pig, Spirit, Huntress, Hag, Nurse, Susie, Julie

    Both/Neither:

    Demo (Wierd plant alien thing), PHead (Looks like a guy but has no sex), Ghostface (portrayed by both guys and girls)

    The Ghostface in DBD is a man named Danny Johnson.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383036#Comment_1383036

    ^ This is actual facts. And a seriously overlooked comment on this thread.

    The only reason that there are more male killers than female killers is because of the licensed killers. If you count up only the original killers male to female it becomes an 8:6 ratio or simplified 4:3.

    Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Doc, Clown, Legion, Oni, Deathslinger

    Nurse, Hag, Huntress, Spirit, Legion, Plague

    Making the disparity in all reality, not that wide

    And on a personal note, sorry that guys are naturally villains and females are the heroic "final girls" especially in horror slasher? Is... is that something we should be angry about?

    Something like this better not stand in the way of future licensed characters like Pennywise, Pinhead, Candyman, Jason etc. or I'm gonna lose my sh*t.

    Legion is female too

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383681#Comment_1383681

    Naturally. Nobody's stopping anyone from appreciating anything.

    Cool. Then by all means let the next original killer be female, whatever makes people happy as long as the character is unique and well developed from a story standpoint, as well as has a good power that is viable and fun to use.

    Though I'll still be holding out hope the next chapter is a licensed one. I had myself so hyped up for a licensed property that was absolutely incredible (I definitely made the mistake of overhyping myself) and I was slightly disappointed when it turned out to be Pyramid Head. In retrospect, I'm having a lot of fun playing the character and a lot of people were super happy to see Silent Hill revived through Dead By Daylight... but nonetheless I was left feeling somewhat crestfallen.

    I included Legion in the female list @EverflowingRiver still there in case you missed the name written amongst the other female killers.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383159#Comment_1383159

    You don't have to participate if you think it's irrelevant.

    It's not mutually exclusive, just a reality in modern day trends. When you put a heavy focus on what sex something is, the story generally tends to suck.

  • If we get a new female killer I want the Medusa boss chick from CUPHEAD.

  • @Awakey said:

    It's a horror game, and THIS is the stuff people are worried about?

    This exactly.

    And really, the actual best killers in the game ARE female.


    @Papayarng said:

    Male:

    Bubba, Oni, Gun person, Myers, Clown, Frank, Joey, Doc, Billy, Wraith, Trapper, Freddy

    Female:

    Plague, Pig, Spirit, Huntress, Hag, Nurse, Susie, Julie

    Both/Neither:

    Demo (Wierd plant alien thing), PHead (Looks like a guy but has no sex), Ghostface (portrayed by both guys and girls)

    You can't really count licensed killers.

  • as i said tothe lgbtq group or whatever. why does it matter?

    it's a game that we should improve gameplay wise. not to appeal to feminists or the lgbtq group.

    lets worry about gameplay and what makes the game fun.

  • @The_architect said:

    as i said tothe lgbtq group or whatever. why does it matter?

    it's a game that we should improve gameplay wise. not to appeal to feminists or the lgbtq group.

    lets worry about gameplay and what makes the game fun.

    It matters to OP, because they prefer female Killers.

    So they posted a discussion saying just that and asking for another one because it has been a while since we got a female Killer.

    If you don't care, you can ignore the thread. If you do care and have thoughts for or against, you can share them.

    Also, as @Orion points out, why can't we have a Killer that's interesting and female?

    It's not like deciding to design a female Killer makes them instantly boring. And we already have plenty of cool Killers that are female.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383688#Comment_1383688

    Cool. Then by all means let the next original killer be female, whatever makes people happy as long as the character is unique and well developed from a story standpoint, as well as has a good power that is viable and fun to use.

    Though I'll still be holding out hope the next chapter is a licensed one. I had myself so hyped up for a licensed property that was absolutely incredible (I definitely made the mistake of overhyping myself) and I was slightly disappointed when it turned out to be Pyramid Head. In retrospect, I'm having a lot of fun playing the character and a lot of people were super happy to see Silent Hill revived through Dead By Daylight... but nonetheless I was left feeling somewhat crestfallen.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383711#Comment_1383711

    I included Legion in the female list @EverflowingRiver still there in case you missed the name written amongst the other female killers.

    My mistake. Sorry

  • Alternative: Skins with changed sex. Like Legion, but for all killers. Lorewise they can be from alternate dimensions. That would increase variety without the need for new powers, add-ons, ...

  • @Madjura said:

    Alternative: Skins with changed sex. Like Legion, but for all killers. Lorewise they can be from alternate dimensions. That would increase variety without the need for new powers, add-ons, ...

    Those would probably be sold as a legendary skin, which we all know are overpriced. Adding new killers who happen to be female is better for us, the consumers, and still avoids the "only men are capable of being killers" cliché we see in most art forms.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383174#Comment_1383174

    Like someone else posted, I never said story telling needed to be sacrificed for another female killer. This is so similar to the other threads though about gay characters. Don't just put something in the game because you need to feel like it's "fair". If that's the case I want several more black characters along with one native American from North America and one Aboriginal character. We also need to increase Chinese representation because there are 2 Japanese characters. See how that works?

    A killer should be designed by the devs from their creativity, not what the public seems the flavor of the day.

    Look at the spirit, great killer with a great story. No one cared that she was female.

    So what I'm saying is, just stop with the gender/sexuality/race crap and let it come organically like it will.

    Things come organically if people speak up ask for it. Once again, there's no harm in asking. Did you get sick from reading this post? Not physically but maybe mentally. And that's something you will have to deal with on your own.

  • @gunslingers_potatoe said:

    I dont want to be sexist but 3 of the best killers in the game are females: Nurse, Hag and Spirit, and I think it's a bit weird. I really like their powers and all, and I really dont want to offend anybody, but I suddenly thought about this and decided to start a discussion.

    Either way, with the adition of Pyramid Head, I think we need a female killer now, just to even things up.

    Huntress is pretty good except for her perks. She’s a girl too.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383357#Comment_1383357

    Things come organically if people speak up ask for it. Once again, there's no harm in asking. Did you get sick from reading this post? Not physically but maybe mentally. And that's something you will have to deal with on your own.

    By definition something is not organic if it is asked for/expected by the community. And no, your post did not mentally hurt me because it's just words.

  • The next killer is probably going to be female. The past few killers have been male.

  • Yeah i wrote an idea too as well for a new female killer but was too "sexual" :C

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383850#Comment_1383850

    It matters to OP, because they prefer female Killers.

    So they posted a discussion saying just that and asking for another one because it has been a while since we got a female Killer.

    If you don't care, you can ignore the thread. If you do care and have thoughts for or against, you can share them.

    Also, as @Orion points out, why can't we have a Killer that's interesting and female?

    It's not like deciding to design a female Killer makes them instantly boring. And we already have plenty of cool Killers that are female.

    not what i'm saying. i'm more of a fan of the gameplay. i rather them take a break from making new killers or survivors and ya know... work the game to a balanced point and fix everything that is in serious need. and thats why ipostedto say that we should worry about the gameplay and not the sexuality or sex of the characters as a main or large side topic.

  • I personally don't think representation is necessarily a top priority for games like Dead by Daylight. That being said, I'm not against any group of people being added into the game, as long as it fits naturally, and doesn't feel forced.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383934#Comment_1383934

    By definition something is not organic if it is asked for/expected by the community. And no, your post did not mentally hurt me because it's just words.

    I wasn't talking about my post. I said OP post. And far as the word "organic" its for something to naturally occur. When it comes to situations like this you have to speak up/ask for it so in the future it become an organic thought.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383912#Comment_1383912

    Those would probably be sold as a legendary skin, which we all know are overpriced. Adding new killers who happen to be female is better for us, the consumers, and still avoids the "only men are capable of being killers" cliché we see in most art forms.

    Still a weird thing to want or brag about...

    ...but to each their own.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383923#Comment_1383923

    Still a weird thing to want or brag about...

    ...but to each their own.

    I don't think it's weird to want stories to have a modicum of originality and I didn't see anyone bragging.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384238#Comment_1384238

    I don't think it's weird to want stories to have a modicum of originality and I didn't see anyone bragging.

    Well yeah given the context of a story, which you and I already touched on, but the quote you provided "only men are capable of being killers" was a general broad statement. As if that's some kind of stigma or a bad thing

    "Killers and murderers need more equality! Why aren't more females taking the lives of other human beings!!"

    I don't mean to come off as condescending, but when you widen the scope of what we're talking about that's how it comes off as.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384242#Comment_1384242

    Well yeah given the context of a story, which you and I already touched on, but the quote you provided "only men are capable of being killers" was a general broad statement. As if that's some kind of stigma or a bad thing

    That's not a quote, it's a cliché in most art forms. That's why I put the words "cliché we see in most art forms" after that.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383990#Comment_1383990

    I wasn't talking about my post. I said OP post. And far as the word "organic" its for something to naturally occur. When it comes to situations like this you have to speak up/ask for it so in the future it become an organic thought.

    You didn't say OP post, you said this post; the meaning of your message was not clear. And once again, you fail to realize what organically means.

    The next killer should just come from the creative minds of the devs. They should not sit at a table and say, "well some people wanted a female so that's what we are starting with".

    @NightmareReborn said:

    I personally don't think representation is necessarily a top priority for games like Dead by Daylight. That being said, I'm not against any group of people being added into the game, as long as it fits naturally, and doesn't feel forced.

    This guy gets it.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384233#Comment_1384233

    You didn't say OP post, you said this post; the meaning of your message was not clear. And once again, you fail to realize what organically means.

    The next killer should just come from the creative minds of the devs. They should not sit at a table and say, "well some people wanted a female so that's what we are starting with".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384229#Comment_1384229

    This guy gets it.

    hmm, I want to say something about who you probably are on the other side of this screen but by this context you can probably guest what it is. And that's probably why you and the person you quoted "FAILED" to understand.

  • @gunslingers_potatoe said:

    I dont want to be sexist but 3 of the best killers in the game are females: Nurse, Hag and Spirit, and I think it's a bit weird. I really like their powers and all, and I really dont want to offend anybody, but I suddenly thought about this and decided to start a discussion.

    Either way, with the adition of Pyramid Head, I think we need a female killer now, just to even things up.

    What about instead of worrying about the characters gender, race, or sexuality we should be more focused on how unique and fun to play they are.

  • @ShrekTheThird69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/165143/we-need-more-female-killers-in-this-game

    What about instead of worrying about the characters gender, race, or sexuality we should be more focused on how unique and fun to play they are.

    Sure, but their gender, race, and sexuality are things that can be defined with zero impact on how unique and fun to play they are. The main focus will always be the gameplay.

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382956#Comment_1382956

    @Awakey you're making it a big deal when you imply like that. All op ask for was a female character. I don't see the harm in that.

    Anytime someone ask for something specific you guys always pull the card it's a game. Yeah, a game is form of art. And in art you create characters that have unique characteristic whether it be their gender, sexuality, and etc.

    If I came off wrong, I'm sorry.

    What I meant was, WHY do we need more female killers? A character shouldn't just be added for the sake of another female.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383250#Comment_1383250

    If I came off wrong, I'm sorry.

    What I meant was, WHY do we need more female killers? A character shouldn't just be added for the sake of another female.

    The devs would never add a character just because they're male or female. Gameplay comes first. However, the rest is essentially random. Skin tone, country of origin, sex, you name it. It has no impact on gameplay, so the lore department can go nuts. They could create a female killer who really hates marshmallows and has orange skin. It wouldn't matter in the slightest.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384524#Comment_1384524

    The devs would never add a character just because they're male or female. Gameplay comes first. However, the rest is essentially random. Skin tone, country of origin, sex, you name it. It has no impact on gameplay, so the lore department can go nuts. They could create a female killer who really hates marshmallows and has orange skin. It wouldn't matter in the slightest.

    Exactly my point.

    It shouldn't matter

  • @Iceman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384370#Comment_1384370

    hmm, I want to say something about who you probably are on the other side of this screen but by this context you can probably guest what it is. And that's probably why you and the person you quoted "FAILED" to understand.

    Typical, you fail to refute my argument and then try to subtly insult me by saying "I'm not going to sack up and say something to you here, but at home I'm judging you". I want you to say what you think I am. I have said nothing on this thread against women, men, or anyone else. All I have said is you continue to not use the word organically right.

  • Couldn't care less if it's a female or a male. I want unique and interesting powers, which are fun to play as and against. More female killers isn't a NEED for the game. It's just something that will come along as Bhvr makes more killers. I'm 100% certain bhvr will add more female killers.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Another thread about a topic that is irrelevant. Why have good story telling when you can make a killer with a certain set of genitals 🙄. Or would it help the op sleep at night knowing there was a quota system?

    For someone who thinks its irrelevant you sure act like it is and that you care so much 🙄. Or would it help you sleep at night if we just decided all killer would be girls full stop so that noone can argue about a quota system?

    @Awakey said:

    It's a horror game, and THIS is the stuff people are worried about?

    Hot in with the turning the discussion into something its not because you know that's what will get people arguing. This person was not whining or complaining, they just wanted to start a discussion, very civilly, and have people participate and get opinions about it. If you don't care about characters' sex being part of your horror game experience then why even bother worrying yourself over other people discussing it lol just go play your game and move on because it doesn't affect you

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1383165#Comment_1383165

    No, because if I don't participate people go on thinking their point has merit.

    Woah, you're quite full of yourself aren't you? As Orion said, your opinion is not the only one that matters.

  • I dont know if I am correct here, but arent the devs divided in different teams, that are responsible for different things?Like the team for fixing bugs, I am sure it's doing its best job rn, but this team has nothing to do with the team that comes up with ideas and concepts for new content so saying that this kind of discussion is irrelevant is not true because I am sure the devs listen to the preferences of the community .

    Now I agree that new killers should feel organic and not forced by any means, but for me the last few killers didn't really stood out the same way the female killers did, and I am sure a lot of the player base agrees that the female killers stand out more than the male killers do. I am not saying the male killers are not unique but some things just get....repetitive, but here you can disagree if you want and I am okay with that.

    Thanks to @Iceman and @Orion and many others that explained my point better than I did. I am not a native english speaker and I know this isn't an excuse and I am trying my best to explain myself as good as I can. Thanks again ! :)

  • Wait I'm confused, do you want more bottom tier female killers?

    Gender isn't important, what is is the quality of killers. I would be pretty upset if the devs decided to forgo Jason in favor of their OC with boobs or an obscure female horror killer

  • @Quol said:

    Wait I'm confused, do you want more bottom tier female killers?

    Gender isn't important, what is is the quality of killers. I would be pretty upset if the devs decided to forgo Jason in favor of their OC with boobs or an obscure female horror killer

    only 2 female killers are below average: Pig and Plague( and if you count Legion, then 3)

    I agree that gender isn't important, but as you prefer Jason to be added in this game, I prefer female killers over male killers. It's just a matter of taste.

  • @gunslingers_potatoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385300#Comment_1385300

    only 2 female killers are below average: Pig and Plague( and if you count Legion, then 3)

    I agree that gender isn't important, but as you prefer Jason to be added in this game, I prefer female killers over male killers. It's just a matter of taste.

    Thats fine, taste is taste and I have no intention of criticizing that. My point is that i want killers picked based on how cool they are. Whether it's Jason or the girl from The Ring doesn't matter. What I am against is picking a killer based primarily on gender especially if it means they need to drop/delay a more iconic/cooler killer. But thats just my taste.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    As a woman myself I feel male killers are more intimidating then female in my opinion.A female killer would probably just end up breaking her nails while trying to kill.

    WOW! lol

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    As a woman myself I feel male killers are more intimidating then female in my opinion.A female killer would probably just end up breaking her nails while trying to kill.

    aS a WoMaN...

    Yes, because Huntress and Nurse are really worried about their nails. I mean Hag might be with that one cosmetic, but this is kind of a silly statement.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    I personally don't think representation is necessarily a top priority for games like Dead by Daylight. That being said, I'm not against any group of people being added into the game, as long as it fits naturally, and doesn't feel forced.

    I think with requests like this it's not really anything to do with representation. I agree with OP, I'd like to see a female killer again. It's not do with ratio of male/ to female or anything it's just because I want to see something new and different from the art team. The female killers we have have some of the most unique and best designs in the game.

  • @kakmieke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1384229#Comment_1384229

    I think with requests like this it's not really anything to do with representation. I agree with OP, I'd like to see a female killer again. It's not do with ratio of male/ to female or anything it's just because I want to see something new and different from the art team. The female killers we have have some of the most unique and best designs in the game.

    OP says they point of another female killer is to even things up. Maybe you don't want another female killer just for a ratio but some people do.

  • @Vox_Nocturne said:

    Agreed. Also, maybe some more male survivors. The last 3 chapters had female survivors, so it may be nice to reverse the roles next time.

    Could we even get an unknown sex, like Demi was!

    Demo is confirmed to be male, he is a good boy after all

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385632#Comment_1385632

    OP says they point of another female killer is to even things up. Maybe you don't want another female killer just for a ratio but some people do.

    Can we let this discussion die, please? To even the number of female killers in the game wasn't the only reason I wanted a female killer. I posted several comments with additions to my Original Post, and I am sure you read them.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1385632#Comment_1385632

    OP says they point of another female killer is to even things up. Maybe you don't want another female killer just for a ratio but some people do.

    And if that was the only reason I wanted a female killer, how is this even you're problem? I get that you disagree with my opinion but at this point you are just throwing dirt at me.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    As a woman myself I feel male killers are more intimidating then female in my opinion.A female killer would probably just end up breaking her nails while trying to kill.

    Many women are not worried about breaking their nails. Sexist stereotypes really don't amount to much of a contribution or reason for choosing one over the other.

  • @gunslingers_potatoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386370#Comment_1386370

    And if that was the only reason I wanted a female killer, how is this even you're problem? I get that you disagree with my opinion but at this point you are just throwing dirt at me.

    No one threw dirt at you. Since the ratio was in your original post it stands to reason that the ratio was your main goal in wanting another female killer. I am simply saying that adding anything for the sake of a ratio risks sacrificing quality for the sake of balance.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386590#Comment_1386590

    No one threw dirt at you. Since the ratio was in your original post it stands to reason that the ratio was your main goal in wanting another female killer. I am simply saying that adding anything for the sake of a ratio risks sacrificing quality for the sake of balance.

    It really doesn't, since the lore and art departments don't have anything to do with the game design/balance department.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386892#Comment_1386892

    It really doesn't, since the lore and art departments don't have anything to do with the game design/balance department.

    By balance I meant number of killers, not the typical definition of game balance used in the forums.

1 2 3