What is killer griefing? Can I get banned for 100% Facecamping and...

  • Do the tornado very often
  • I nod head (yes) and sides (no) to the hooked survs while facecamp
  • Torture hooked survs with chainsaw and regular hits
  • Pretending to give exit and kill, pretending to give hatch but closing in their face
  • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

All of this is very toxic yet fun but I believe it is not banable even when receive numerous threats in the after chat

Comments

  • None of these are bannable from what I'm aware.

    Going to be honest, I usually laugh when the killer offers me the hatch before closing it right in my face.

  • @Cheers said:

    None of these are bannable from what I'm aware.

    Going to be honest, I usually laugh when the killer offers me the hatch before closing it right in my face.

    you are as rare as an alien then lol

  • If you're worried about being banned for that behavior, here's a tip: don't do those things.

  • At the end of the day, you have to look on the bright side, just enjoy everything you've got.

  • @Orion said:

    If you're worried about being banned for that behavior, here's a tip: don't do those things.

    are killer supposed to be flower-power nice guys?

  • That is called BM'ing and no it's not a bannable offense, if I recall you can only get banned if you get reported often, like maybe 20 times? Maybe more? Not sure tbh.

    Nodding is basically teabagging, not bannable but just bad manners, you can't get banned for not giving hatch.

    In fact if you get threats you can actually report them for that.

    Edit: I'm not saying that it's a good thing, all I'm saying it's that it's not a bannable offense

  • We get it. You try your best to troll people at rank 16 (according to the video you posted in another thread called "fun to tease").

    Great. You're showing them yellow rank survivors who's boss. Do you want a cookie or something?

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    That is called BM'ing and no it's not a bannable offense, if I recall you can only get banned if you get reported often, like maybe 20 times? Maybe more? Not sure tbh.

    Nodding is basically teabagging, not bannable but just bad manners, you can't get banned for not giving hatch.

    In fact if you get threats you can actually report them for that.

    Edit: I'm not saying that it's a good thing, all I'm saying it's that it's not a bannable offense

    Don't give out numbers you pulled from thin air, please. That's how fake information spreads.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342796#Comment_1342796

    Don't give out numbers you pulled from thin air, please. That's how fake information spreads.

    That is why I said not sure tbh, but I read somewhere that if you get reported constantly you can get banned.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342801#Comment_1342801

    That is why I said not sure tbh, but I read somewhere that if you get reported constantly you can get banned.

    Only if the reports are actually real. You can't be banned for fake reports.

    Saying "not sure" while giving out a tangible number makes it seem like the number you gave out is close to the real thing.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342804#Comment_1342804

    Only if the reports are actually real. You can't be banned for fake reports.

    Sorry, that is what I meant, like giving proof of X report, almost 5 a.m my brain is kinda fried.

    I mean just by saying "not sure" people should take it with a grain of salt, just like leaks and stuff like that.

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    • Do the tornado very often
    • I nod head (yes) and sides (no) to the hooked survs while facecamp
    • Torture hooked survs with chainsaw and regular hits
    • Pretending to give exit and kill, pretending to give hatch but closing in their face
    • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

    All of this is very toxic yet fun but I believe it is not banable even when receive numerous threats in the after chat

    No to all of those:

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please contact one of our Community Coordinators. Their contact info can be found here. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685031/#Comment_685031

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.


    • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

    This is brilliant! I wouldn’t have thought!

  • Even though it's frowned upon, I don't think any action should go forward on killers who play nice but strike at the exit gates.

    I mean, as a killer their meant to be deceitful and heartless.

  • @kaeru said:

    • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

    This is brilliant! I wouldn’t have thought!

    Lil ya it's so amazing nodding NO and leave the pallet and surv crying behind

    Specially yummy when there was a key behind

    Btw don't say it too loud or the surv fanboys will complain and nerf

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Even though it's frowned upon, I don't think any action should go forward on killers who play nice but strike at the exit gates.

    I mean, as a killer their meant to be deceitful and heartless.

    Indeed, so what is then a killer briefing??

    Maybe downing, dropping, not hooking, downing, dropping, downing.. the same surv 50 times in a match?

  • No but that's also the point of why some survivors don't take it personally if they aren't given the hatch/exit gate.

    Your expose to be the bad guy not the nice guy as killer but I won't say no to the kindness if given(Or think ill of you if not given).

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342882#Comment_1342882

    Indeed, so what is then a killer briefing??

    Maybe downing, dropping, not hooking, downing, dropping, downing.. the same surv 50 times in a match?

    Griefing? I suppose that is just someone who just goes around irritating others in online games, whilst not necessarily committing bannable offences. General trolling and unsportsmanlike behaviour. Irritating, but not always bannable.

  • I never go for Hatch or exit when they are given to me...unless I was placed so close to them that there is no way for them to take it back.


    I've been carried and flopped around so many times..mbut just far enough that they could just pick me up again..i don't bother wiggling..i won't give into them.

    I remember once this stuff went on for 20+ minutes. It's like just close hatch and start EGC, dude. I even went and gave my chickens some fresh food and water..ready to join a new match when I got back...I was still being carried. It was unbelievably funny!! Guy was so thirsty to deny me. I wasn't mad..it was so silly!

  • @Dolls said:

    I never go for Hatch or exit when they are given to me...unless I was placed so close to them that there is no way for them to take it back.

    I've been carried and flopped around so many times..mbut just far enough that they could just pick me up again..i don't bother wiggling..i won't give into them.

    I remember once this stuff went on for 20+ minutes. It's like just close hatch and start EGC, dude. I even went and gave my chickens some fresh food and water..ready to join a new match when I got back...I was still being carried. It was unbelievably funny!! Guy was so thirsty to deny me. I wasn't mad..it was so silly!

    Lolz feeding your chicken, what are you a farmer, don't cha? Me too <3

  • Not a farmer like we sell our produce..but we have some chickens and vegetables and fruit trees for our own use...and to prepare for the apocalypse..lol

  • image.png

    Who care's you play scummy good for you 😀 do you want a cookie?

  • Not bananble just toxic,

    Killers arnt supposed to be "nice" but there's a diffrence between killing and being toxic

  • @Dolls said:

    I never go for Hatch or exit when they are given to me...unless I was placed so close to them that there is no way for them to take it back.

    I've been carried and flopped around so many times..mbut just far enough that they could just pick me up again..i don't bother wiggling..i won't give into them.

    I remember once this stuff went on for 20+ minutes. It's like just close hatch and start EGC, dude. I even went and gave my chickens some fresh food and water..ready to join a new match when I got back...I was still being carried. It was unbelievably funny!! Guy was so thirsty to deny me. I wasn't mad..it was so silly!

    Huh? How did it go for 20 minutes? After dropping you three times you instantly break free.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342903#Comment_1342903

    Huh? How did it go for 20 minutes? After dropping you three times you instantly break free.

    Yeah he's let me break free far from gen. I'm not good at chases so just let him down me again. He'd only drop me by hatch when I was broken so I could only crawl. It's just silly though..i can outwait the best. ☺

  • Nope, do it as much as you like

  • I dont pretend to show mercy, that feels dirty, but I dont think any of that is bannable, you can facecamp every single match and nothing survivors can do, but it wont get you any friends or even high points

  • Usually have to have evidence of your accusation when reporting you can't just say somebody was griefing me and leave it like that.


    None of the stuff you talked about was griefing if they try to submit evidence like that it would clearly show it

  • Being an #########, while heavily frowned upon, is not bannable.

  • None of those are bannable. I'd have to question why you would choose to go out of your way to do them, but they wouldn't get you banned.

  • @Peanits said:

    None of those are bannable. I'd have to question why you would choose to go out of your way to do them, but they wouldn't get you banned.

    It was also posted that mori spam wasn't bannable on these forums (because technically the bleedout timer is still going). But I know of people who received temporary in-game bans for doing it.

    For the reasons? Why ~wouldn't~ you do this to some teabagging flashlight macro spamming survivor?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdjLOSQF5E

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343166#Comment_1343166

    It was also posted that mori spam wasn't bannable on these forums (because technically the bleedout timer is still going). But I know of people who received temporary in-game bans for doing it.

    For the reasons? Why ~wouldn't~ you do this to some teabagging flashlight macro spamming survivor?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdjLOSQF5E

    ROFL hilarious Santa stepping on the head with laughters 🥳 basically he is kinda doing sound emote of laughter, likewise this was a function for key 1 or 2

    @Peanits I simply got a bit bored of regular gaming styles after 1k hrs, so found more fun by playing agressively. If we had some innovation with e.g new game modes perhaps wouldn't do so, but DBD risks nothing innovating

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    • Do the tornado very often
    • I nod head (yes) and sides (no) to the hooked survs while facecamp
    • Torture hooked survs with chainsaw and regular hits
    • Pretending to give exit and kill, pretending to give hatch but closing in their face
    • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

    All of this is very toxic yet fun but I believe it is not banable even when receive numerous threats in the after chat

    @I_am_Negan said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Q91DDDQ3N9F3/image.png

    Who care's you play scummy good for you 😀 do you want a cookie?

    Dear 5th perk slot. Thank you for playing the way you do. Community as suggested you desire a reward.

    I happen to be the owner of a small bakery, please send me you mailing information in dm and I'll send you something your way for free.


    So yes negan. He will in fact get 🍪

  • @Peanits said:

    None of those are bannable. I'd have to question why you would choose to go out of your way to do them, but they wouldn't get you banned.

    What's even the point of clarifying, you're just bringing it to people's attention that they can do it and get away with it.

    Make sure you wade into a conversation about survivors teabagging next time too huh, you know to even things up.

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343181#Comment_1343181

    ROFL hilarious Santa stepping on the head with laughters 🥳 basically he is kinda doing sound emote of laughter, likewise this was a function for key 1 or 2

    @Peanits I simply got a bit bored of regular gaming styles after 1k hrs, so found more fun by playing agressively. If we had some innovation with e.g new game modes perhaps wouldn't do so, but DBD risks nothing innovating

    Thats not playing aggressively, its playing toxic...💀

    Would you enjoy getting teabagged by a 4 man swf who clicky clicky?

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343166#Comment_1343166

    It was also posted that mori spam wasn't bannable on these forums (because technically the bleedout timer is still going). But I know of people who received temporary in-game bans for doing it.

    For the reasons? Why ~wouldn't~ you do this to some teabagging flashlight macro spamming survivor?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdjLOSQF5E

    I remember back when infinites were in the game, REAL infinites too, not these pseudo-infinites soft killers hold onto. A prominent killer at that time commented that once infinites were gone, they'd have no reason to do these things to survivors anymore.

    Oh how I laughed. People always find an excuse.

  • @Peanits said:

    None of those are bannable. I'd have to question why you would choose to go out of your way to do them, but they wouldn't get you banned.

    Some men just want to watch the world burn

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343166#Comment_1343166

    It was also posted that mori spam wasn't bannable on these forums (because technically the bleedout timer is still going). But I know of people who received temporary in-game bans for doing it.

    For the reasons? Why ~wouldn't~ you do this to some teabagging flashlight macro spamming survivor?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdjLOSQF5E

    Hexy got banned for this exact reason. It was hilarious though to be fair. The survivor was toxic so he mori canceled for 5 minutes straight :)

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343205#Comment_1343205

    Thats not playing aggressively, its playing toxic...💀

    Would you enjoy getting teabagged by a 4 man swf who clicky clicky?

    I ONLY enjoy when well synchronized SWF with flashlights are toxic and challenging cuz moves my emotions, otherwise is too boring

    Thats why we need more innovation with new game modes, and regarding the cookies, I can't take gluten so I doubt ur small bakery make am @emptyCups and sending them to Suva (Fiji) will cost you so much

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343244#Comment_1343244

    I ONLY enjoy when well synchronized SWF with flashlights are toxic and challenging cuz moves my emotions, otherwise is too boring

    Thats why we need more innovation with new game modes, and regarding the cookies, I can't take gluten so I doubt ur small bakery make am @emptyCups and sending them to Suva (Fiji) will cost you so much

    Yeah gluten free was easy I got tons of options for that I do seasonal cookies and treats for holiday gifts.

    148us for international shipping yikes

    Can't do that

    If your ever in Philly USA tho I'll make you one of my nicer tins all custom dbd themed

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    • Do the tornado very often
    • I nod head (yes) and sides (no) to the hooked survs while facecamp
    • Torture hooked survs with chainsaw and regular hits
    • Pretending to give exit and kill, pretending to give hatch but closing in their face
    • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

    All of this is very toxic yet fun but I believe it is not banable even when receive numerous threats in the after chat

    No but you are a dick

  • @5thPerkSlot said:

    • Do the tornado very often
    • I nod head (yes) and sides (no) to the hooked survs while facecamp
    • Torture hooked survs with chainsaw and regular hits
    • Pretending to give exit and kill, pretending to give hatch but closing in their face
    • Not breaking pallet that has item below (due to FD)

    All of this is very toxic yet fun but I believe it is not banable even when receive numerous threats in the after chat

    you are evil even your profile pic says so!

  • Is slugging all four with Hex: Third Seal and letting everyone bleed out bannable?

    I have got a Ghostface yesterday that did that, while I was solo queuing. I know its not holding the game hostage, since the bleedout timer is a thing, however judging by how the Ghostface went AFK the instant he downed, not even bothering to break the pallet he hit me through, I assume he does that alot ...

  • @Cheers said:

    None of these are bannable from what I'm aware.

    Going to be honest, I usually laugh when the killer offers me the hatch before closing it right in my face.

    same

  • Kewl a thread validating people who go out of the way to play like arseholes. I do not see the purpose of this thread at all.


    People like op are the reason killer mains get so much hate....


    I for one think if you go out of your way to be uber toxic you should catch a ban. This goes for survivors as well.


    Playing like a pos is not good for the life span of this game and activly encouraging people to not want to play is a bad look.


    Op get a life and grow up.

  • @Peanits said:

    None of those are bannable. I'd have to question why you would choose to go out of your way to do them, but they wouldn't get you banned.

    that guy is evil!The profile picture is franklins demise!

  • @GreenPufferFish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343166#Comment_1343166

    that guy is evil!The profile picture is franklins demise!

    Killers are meant to be evil and heartless, I will share to you my evil Bubba build:

    FD+BW+IG+LB (try!)

    Even when I use no addons neither moris, survs blame me super strong stuff in the after chat, and I reply meh or heh mostly

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343205#Comment_1343205

    Thats not playing aggressively, its playing toxic...💀

    Would you enjoy getting teabagged by a 4 man swf who clicky clicky?

    I mean do you call out survivors that do this? Genuine question.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343244#Comment_1343244

    I mean do you call out survivors that do this? Genuine question.

    Well i haven't seen any survivors flexing about it on the fourms.

    In game I even call my teamamtes out when they clicky, teabag etc

    Sometimes I'll even leave my teammates on hook when the gates are open, even though i have bt just cause they teabagged the killer

  • I wouldn't say they're bannable, but if you do some stupid crap like making me sit there slugged until I crawl to the hatch, only for you to close it in my face (like I thought you were even going to let me have it) then you bet your ass I'm gonna make the game hell for you if I ever catch you in a lobby too. Some of those things aren't as bad as others, like getting whacked on the hook, but some things can just be straight up dick moves that nobody ever should be doing unless they're purposely just trying to cause somebody grief, which even then is pretty terrible.

‹ 1 2