I keep getting all red survivors, so I'm only playing camperface

even when I depip, camperface feels a lot better than actually trying to play and getting steamrolled by all reds.

I'll switch back to actually playing when I depip enough to no longer get all reds. or if they ever fix matchmaking, LOL.

Comments

  • what a fun way to play a videogame

    why try to improve when you can ruin it for everyone else

  • Yes, please show your immaturity to the devs.

  • Can I plz watch ur camp?

  • @luvcraft said:

    even when I depip, camperface feels a lot better than actually trying to play and getting steamrolled by all reds.

    I'll switch back to actually playing when I depip enough to no longer get all reds. or if they ever fix matchmaking, LOL.

    Do what I do, just chase them. And it is more fun imo than playing camping Bubba.

  • Why not try to improve instead may I ask? Going up against people who are more skilled than you usually for me at least, leads to me getting better at the game and being at the same level of play as the people that once intimidated me. I know it can be frustrating and tilting at times to lose but, you might as well try to get better. Leatherface camping won't help you improve, but trying to play the game like you usually do will. You'll get better and learn and be able to get good games at red ranks as well if you just try.

  • Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

  • As I've mentioned - survivor ranks means literally and absolutely nothing. If you're letting different colored ranks psych you out, it's entirely your own problem.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Why not try to improve instead may I ask? Going up against people who are more skilled than you usually for me at least, leads to me getting better at the game and being at the same level of play as the people that once intimidated me. I know it can be frustrating and tilting at times to lose but, you might as well try to get better. Leatherface camping won't help you improve, but trying to play the game like you usually do will. You'll get better and learn and be able to get good games at red ranks as well if you just try.

    I've spent hundreds of hours actually playing, and I have improved, and I love the game when I get matched against survivors at my appropriate skill level, or even a little higher than me. But I don't stand a chance against all-red SWFs, which is almost entirely what I've been getting lately (to clarify, I am not and never have been red rank).

    Even playing against non-SWF reds I feel like a white belt fighting a black belt; I typically get my butt kicked, but I learn some things, and I might even get in a few hits myself. Playing against red SWFs is like a white belt going up against a machine-gun nest. The only strategy you're gonna learn is to not even try, and even though it's not the machine gunners' fault that you were matched against them, if it happens time and time again then eventually you're gonna get furious at them and want to take out your frustration on them and grief them, which is terrible for everyone.

    Anyway, I played a couple matches as an angry camperface, and that certainly didn't make me feel better. I guess I'll go back to my normal strategy of actually playing, and just parking myself in a corner and taking a break to check twitter or something if it becomes obvious that the survivors are all-red SWFs.

    Thanks for asking this question, and making me think through a good answer and chill out along the way. ;)

  • Ok. Thanks for letting us know you're reacting to and handling this in a very mature way.

  • Yeah in only a month of frequent questionable match ups I’ve gone from getting steamrolled every second game to 2 to 4 k matches. I’ve even got to break out the moris for some fun. Red and purp ranks get the saltiest when they lose, not all but a lot do.

    Remember it’s a game if you get steamrolled just queue again. Face camping rarely pays off. Hopefully mm will get better soon.

  • You know your playing leatherface wrong? He is an A tier killer

  • @CashelP14 said:

    You know your playing leatherface wrong? He is an A tier killer

    If you actually think that you should make that a full discussion thread. I'd love to read a thread that can somehow explain how Leatherface is A tier.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335926#Comment_1335926

    If you actually think that you should make that a full discussion thread. I'd love to read a thread that can somehow explain how Leatherface is A tier.

    I was actually going to do a Gameplay Guide for Bubba for the contest. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to or not but I'm going to create it anyway. I'll even show screenshots to show how I've done with him.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335927#Comment_1335927

    I was actually going to do a Gameplay Guide for Bubba for the contest. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to or not but I'm going to create it anyway. I'll even show screenshots to show how I've done with him.

    No offence but Bubba is not even remotely strong (especially vanilla Bubba).

    I've probably put more time in him than... Well... Anyone else? (as I have almost exclusively played him since his release).

    Yet I accept and understand that he's a bad killer despite the fact I've consistently gotten 1-2 minute 4ks with him even on red ranks and even against red rank SWF teams who were recognized by another forum user.

    If a killer's power completely relies on the mistakes of survivors said killer can never be considered strong.


    Luckily most survivors on red ranks play just likr yellow rank survivors these days so even Bubba can feel like a decent killet most of the time.

  • I went on a smurf to try to learn huntress and even as a rank 20 you'll still pull reds. Might as well try. Not every match will be that way. But just don't be upset if you don't get constant 4ks or not even a 1k. Take it as a good chance to learn. I went back on my main to play huntress and I get all colored ranks still. But it is still fun to learn.

    If you ever want to win and pip, what better way than to train by learning from the tactics of your enemies?

  • Keep playing with Red rank

    Try to depip to play with Yellow rank

    At that time Yellow rank survivors already involved to Green/Purple rank

    After a while, you will face Red rank while at Yellow rank

    • And then you realize, this game has no players that fit your low skill.


    If you want to win, you have to get better. vs Red rank is a way. You may get toxic, but you will get used to it.

    I had times get defeated by swf with 3 flash light, 3 head on at Rank13 vs 2 Purple/1Green/1Yellow. You will never able to win swf like that being at low rank & low skill

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335933#Comment_1335933

    No offence but Bubba is not even remotely strong (especially vanilla Bubba).

    I've probably put more time in him than... Well... Anyone else? (as I have almost exclusively played him since his release).

    Yet I accept and understand that he's a bad killer despite the fact I've consistently gotten 1-2 minute 4ks with him even on red ranks and even against red rank SWF teams who were recognized by another forum user.

    If a killer's power completely relies on the mistakes of survivors said killer can never be considered strong.

    Luckily most survivors on red ranks play just likr yellow rank survivors these days so even Bubba can feel like a decent killet most of the time.

    I wouldn't say he relies on the mistakes of survivors. He relies heavily on two perks definitely.

    I'm very aware of bad red rank players. I will openly say when talking about a win if I thought the team was strong. That's why I always say that "not every single swf team are good. 90% of swf teams are not great". However I can admit there were games where I know I would've lost if I was playing Freddy, Oni, Doctor or other killers. Though I was playing Bubba and it's why I won.

    Oni is an example of a killer who relies on survivors mistakes, yet he is considered A tier.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335946#Comment_1335946

    I wouldn't say he relies on the mistakes of survivors. He relies heavily on two perks definitely.

    I'm very aware of bad red rank players. I will openly say when talking about a win if I thought the team was strong. That's why I always say that "not every single swf team are good. 90% of swf teams are not great". However I can admit there were games where I know I would've lost if I was playing Freddy, Oni, Doctor or other killers. Though I was playing Bubba and it's why I won.

    Oni is an example of a killer who relies on survivors mistakes, yet he is considered A tier.

    If you're talking about nemesis & pwyf they definitely improve him a lot but I wouldn't rate any killer highly if they rely on one perk or one perk combo.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1336023#Comment_1336023

    If you're talking about nemesis & pwyf they definitely improve him a lot but I wouldn't rate any killer highly if they rely on one perk or one perk combo.

    If your ranking killers without perks then he is pretty low. However killers like Pig and Plague would probably be higher.

    If your ranking them with perks and considering they are played well then he is definitely nowhere near the bottom.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/927/HH691ZWG6DKH.png

    We’ve observed a growing Community concern about matchmaking in recent months. Matchmaking wait times have exceeded our targeted limits and we’ve seen rank disparities fluctuate. In this Status Update, we will go in details on factors impacting the matchmaking, our current matchmaking system and our future solutions.  

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/793/ZSC8B6CPRDCP.png

    Above are the three variable factors in matchmaking, with a fourth being the number of players on each role, with an ideal ratio of 4 survivors for 1 killer at all times. When dealing with matchmaking, we need to decide how much to focus on each of the factors. If we focus on one point, the other points will see some sort of impact. For example, if we focus on time, your matches will likely end up being less fair, and you might get paired with people further away. Dedicated servers have helped us ensure a stable connection, with over 90% of players being put into matches with 150 ping and under. Our goal is to get you into a match as quickly as possible with a good connection, without compromising too much on fairness.  

    This is a difficult task in a game like Dead by Daylight, where both sides have different objectives and cannot be directly compared to one another. We’ve attempted to address this in the past with the Emblem system, but upon further review, we’ve concluded that rank does not directly correlate to skill. While a player who plays a lot will tend to be better than someone who plays very little, there are also players who are good at the game but don’t play enough to reach the upper ranks. 

    To help improve with the fairness factor without sacrificing wait times or pings, we will be making two changes. The first is a new system to better reflect a player’s skill level, and the second is a change to the matchmaking system to create fairer matches. 

     

    Going forward, we will use a hidden skill rating for matchmaking purposes. Your skill rating will increase when you do well and decrease when you do poorly. To keep this as fair as possible, the system will predict the outcome of the match based on the difference in your opponent(s) rating and adjust the amount your rating changes: 

    • If your rating is higher than your opponent(s), your rating will increase less if you win and drop more if you lose. 
    • If your rating is lower than your opponent(s), your rating will increase more if you win and drop less if you lose. 

    This way, even if you aren’t perfectly matched with people of the exact same skill level, your rating will not change unfairly. 

    In the future, we would like to extend this system to support different ratings for each killer, allowing you to practice a new killer without being immediately matched against high skilled players. This may not be included in the initial launch of the feature. 

     

    Additionally, to make sure that your matches are as fair as possible, we will be switching over to “batch matchmaking”. 

    Currently, our matchmaking system takes the player in queue and looks for a match close to their rank. If it is unable to find an appropriate match, it will gradually expand the search range until it is able to give you a match. This can lead to both unfair matches and long queue times. 

    The new batch matchmaking will instead pool a larger number of players together, compare their skill levels, and then create the fairest matches possible simultaneously. With a larger pool to pick from, we hope to improve the fairness factor of matchmaking while also keeping pings and wait times low.  

     

    The release of these changes will be gradual. With the release of the mid-chapter update, we are able to start tracking skill levels. For the time being, this is only a test and is not being used for matchmaking purposes. Once we are confident that the skill rating is working as intended, we will be running tests on live servers. 

    When this happens, you may notice some disparity in ranks during your matches. This is to be expected as rank will no longer be used for matchmaking purposes at this time. To avoid confusion, we are considering removing ranks from the post-match scoreboard once testing is complete, as they will no longer be relevant to matchmaking. Ranks will remain visible only to you for bragging rights and a goal to work towards, but will be a reflection of your dedication to the game rather than skill for the time being. 

    We are confident that these changes will allow us to create fairer matches without losing sight of our goals; to get you into a match as soon as possible with a solid connection. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on our progress as we move forward. 

    Should be releasing this month.

  • Imagine thinking that Rank means anything and punish Survivors for something out of their control.

  • @luvcraft, you should probably update your post and/or title. If you leave it as is I think you're gonna get like 20+ more angry comments all reacting to your title. I mean, unless of course you don't mind/enjoy getting them.

    That aside, I'm sorry that games aren't going so well for you and I hope that you have more fun in future matches.

    Something that I like to do when I play is listen to music while playing. Maybe you could try putting on a you like song and have your Killer dance after Survivors in chase if they're obviously master Survivors? Just a suggestion, but I think it'd be more fun dancing to 'Maniac' from Flashdance as Michael Myers or Trapper than scrolling through Twitter while you wait for them to get bored.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1335926#Comment_1335926

    If you actually think that you should make that a full discussion thread. I'd love to read a thread that can somehow explain how Leatherface is A tier.

    In all honesty, hes not nearly as bad as ppl make him out to be.