Too scared to play killer

I've been playing this game for a couple of months now and I've managed to work my way to level 13 killer (not bad considering I only have a few hours a day to play this game😊). But it's gotten to the point to where I keep facing red rank swf and...it's not fun anymore. Nothing worse than approaching the exit door and seeing all four survivors lined up in a row teabagging you as they walk out (true story!).

Recently I leveled up Freddy to the point to where I really want to play him, but all I keep getting matched up against are red ranks. It's nice to think if this game considers me to be that good, but I know I'm not! LOL

Is anyone else a little too apprehensive to play killer? I find playing as a lone survivor far less nerve-wracking, because I'd rather be paired up with a red rank instead of going up against them.

Comments

  • @DelsKibara said:

    It's perfectly normal to feel a little anxious when playing Killer, purely because you are all alone against 4 other players. 🙂

    As for you facing Red Ranks, the devs are currently working on an alternative matchmaking method which would match you with players who are equally as skilled as you. So you won't have to worry about them in the near future.

    And if you actually believe that I have some nice beach front property east of Miami Beach you might want to consider buying.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1331324#Comment_1331324

    What's sad is that the killer should always have the advantage. I'm not saying it should be a walk in the park, but if you have a good swf team, then they can make a killer regret ever hitting accept at the lobby screen! As cool as it is to be able to use different perks from different killers, a killer's own individual set of perks should be enough to see them through, but it's not. And with a matchmaking system in place that ensures that you'll be competing against red ranks, can make for a very lousy experience.

    I actually believe you should need to unlock teachables to make it in the high ranks and I believe an unprepared killer should have a hard time vs good survivors but I 100% agree, the killer should be the actionary party not completely reactionary.


    Survivors should spend more time trying to prevent the killer from winning instead of the killer having to be good enough not to immediately lose.


    Since there has to be a killer in order for there to be a game at all so feeling like I never should have queued up isn't a good thing.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I've been playing this game for a couple of months now and I've managed to work my way to level 13 killer (not bad considering I only have a few hours a day to play this game😊). But it's gotten to the point to where I keep facing red rank swf and...it's not fun anymore. Nothing worse than approaching the exit door and seeing all four survivors lined up in a row teabagging you as they walk out (true story!).

    Recently I leveled up Freddy to the point to where I really want to play him, but all I keep getting matched up against are red ranks. It's nice to think if this game considers me to be that good, but I know I'm not! LOL

    Is anyone else a little too apprehensive to play killer? I find playing as a lone survivor far less nerve-wracking, because I'd rather be paired up with a red rank instead of going up against them.

    Don't be a baby.

  • Congratulations! You're the first troll! I'll be sure to listen to your constructive feedback very carefully. 👍

  • It's November and I am a level 18 killer that consistently goes up against level 7, 4, 5, etc survivors. Is the match making still busted or working as intended?

  • So... How is the killer games coming along now?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I've been playing this game for a couple of months now and I've managed to work my way to level 13 killer (not bad considering I only have a few hours a day to play this game😊). But it's gotten to the point to where I keep facing red rank swf and...it's not fun anymore. Nothing worse than approaching the exit door and seeing all four survivors lined up in a row teabagging you as they walk out (true story!).

    Recently I leveled up Freddy to the point to where I really want to play him, but all I keep getting matched up against are red ranks. It's nice to think if this game considers me to be that good, but I know I'm not! LOL

    Is anyone else a little too apprehensive to play killer? I find playing as a lone survivor far less nerve-wracking, because I'd rather be paired up with a red rank instead of going up against them.

    too few people playing killer cause red rank survivors ruin it for the killer, so the game fills with what it has.

    it's a vicious cycle of either bullying folks out of being killer or bullying them into being bullies, which turns the survivors into bullies when they get good

  • @Sodahead said:

    So... How is the killer games coming along now?

    I've learned to just grin and bear it honestly. The toxicity will always be there, and the matchmaking is still screwed up. It's been over a year since I started this post and they're still chatting up the MMR. At this point I don't even know why they bother because there's more proof of this not happening then anything. I know there's a test going on right now, but it's a completely different system than what was implemented a year ago, so who the hell knows what to expect at this point?

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2425773#Comment_2425773

    I've learned to just grin and bear it honestly. The toxicity will always be there, and the matchmaking is still screwed up. It's been over a year since I started this post and they're still chatting up the MMR. At this point I don't even know why they bother because there's more proof of this not happening then anything. I know there's a test going on right now, but it's a completely different system than what was implemented a year ago, so who the hell knows what to expect at this point?

    Dang dude. Idk what to say other than watch some vids and find friends to run a custom with. You have to learn as you play tbh. I hope it gets better for you. Tunnel one out immediately if you have too.

  • Yeah I purposefully avoid playing killer or survivor too because I rank up too much and too easily.

  • Like the others said being singled out and alone makes the killer harder for some people. You have to have tough skin.

    Yeah I know "it is just a game bro", but interacting with people in the game can bring out your basic instincts and not being a part of the group can make things harder. Especially since the killer role is not really that much of a power role all the time. Sometimes a killer is a laughing stock which brings another feel bad thing. As a killer you are supposed to be intimidating but end up feeling powerless.

    Now imagine new players who know nothing about the game playing killer for the first time thinking they are some hot ish xD. Then being bullied into oblivion by flashlight squad.

  • It's normal to feel that way because the game is not balanced properly. A good coordinated SWF who do separate gens at the same time while you chase one of their teammates for anything longer than 30+ seconds results in multiple generators being lost.

    You wanna know why some Killers tunnel? Because they have to, hooking every Survivor equally results in multiple escapes who would otherwise be dead. Do you know why some Killers use NOED? Because otherwise unless you are playing as someone like Leatherface, the Survivors can walk up and bodyblock for each other and happily save their teammate with Borrowed Time for free with the gates 99'd, body blocking for each other all the way to 4 escapes.

    Consistent success with anything besides the absolute top tier Killers demands you play in an unfun way with tunneling, slugging, sometimes even camping. And this happens because Survive with Friends is not balanced and until the Devs do SOMETHING, you will always be at the mercy of a competent and coordinated team running all meta perks like Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Unbreakable, etc.

    The solution is to have the game detect Survive with Friends and give the Killer a desperately needed handicap. Faster movement speed, longer gens, SOMETHING. The difference between a game of solo's vs a game of people communicating isn't even funny, it's just crazy. Survive with Friends have access to most information perks between teammates for free in real life via communication, Kindred, Bond, Aftercare, etc.

    Until something changes, unless you are a scary good Nurse or Spirit (maybe a few others like Blight), you will be at the mercy of these players and depend on them making mistakes, otherwise you have almost no real chance. It is not balanced, and until it is odds are you will occasionally encounter these teams that sadly remind you that the game is not balanced. That's all there is to say.

  • @Shaped said:

    Like the others said being singled out and alone makes the killer harder for some people. You have to have tough skin.

    Yeah I know "it is just a game bro", but interacting with people in the game can bring out your basic instincts and not being a part of the group can make things harder. Especially since the killer role is not really that much of a power role all the time. Sometimes a killer is a laughing stock which brings another feel bad thing. As a killer you are supposed to be intimidating but end up feeling powerless.

    Now imagine new players who know nothing about the game playing killer for the first time thinking they are some hot ish xD. Then being bullied into oblivion by flashlight squad.

    @MrCalac123 said:

    It's normal to feel that way because the game is not balanced properly. A good coordinated SWF who do separate gens at the same time while you chase one of their teammates for anything longer than 30+ seconds results in multiple generators being lost.

    You wanna know why some Killers tunnel? Because they have to, hooking every Survivor equally results in multiple escapes who would otherwise be dead. Do you know why some Killers use NOED? Because otherwise unless you are playing as someone like Leatherface, the Survivors can walk up and bodyblock for each other and happily save their teammate with Borrowed Time for free with the gates 99'd, body blocking for each other all the way to 4 escapes.

    Consistent success with anything besides the absolute top tier Killers demands you play in an unfun way with tunneling, slugging, sometimes even camping. And this happens because Survive with Friends is not balanced and until the Devs do SOMETHING, you will always be at the mercy of a competent and coordinated team running all meta perks like Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Unbreakable, etc.

    The solution is to have the game detect Survive with Friends and give the Killer a desperately needed handicap. Faster movement speed, longer gens, SOMETHING. The difference between a game of solo's vs a game of people communicating isn't even funny, it's just crazy. Survive with Friends have access to most information perks between teammates for free in real life via communication, Kindred, Bond, Aftercare, etc.

    Until something changes, unless you are a scary good Nurse or Spirit (maybe a few others like Blight), you will be at the mercy of these players and depend on them making mistakes, otherwise you have almost no real chance. It is not balanced, and until it is odds are you will occasionally encounter these teams that sadly remind you that the game is not balanced. That's all there is to say.

    I appreciate that guys. I purposely hold off on playing killer too much because I don't like engaging in constant sweatfests. I'm definitely better than what I was, but I still feel like I get steamrolled way too easily.

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/158356/too-scared-to-play-killer

    Oh boo hoo so u see a survivor clicking the L2 button, that is horrifying, definitely quit killer now, never go back, that's TOO ######### terrifying

    You're a peach.

  • this game hates killers

  • It's comedic that playing the Killer in this game is mostly nerve wracking, while playing Survivor is pretty chill overall.

  • You need to detatch yourself as Killer and play for your own enjoyment. Sometimes you will get outmatched, sometimes the survivors will try to troll you. You can't let these things get to you.

    It can feel just as bad on the Survivor side if you let it get to you. Played against a Nemesis earlier that completely threw the entire match just to chase me all game and tunnel me. My team was taking hits and everything to try to get him off me but, he wasn't having it. He got 1 kill.

    It felt kinda bad but, I was able to keep him busy long enough for everyone else to escape so, whatever.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    It's comedic that playing the Killer in this game is mostly nerve wracking, while playing Survivor is pretty chill overall.

    It really is! LOL You're playing the very thing that survivors should be afraid of, but if you're going up against a well coordinated swf, then that's enough to make any killer sweat! Competitive teams have proven just how powerful survivors can be when they work together.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I've been playing this game for a couple of months now and I've managed to work my way to level 13 killer (not bad considering I only have a few hours a day to play this game😊). But it's gotten to the point to where I keep facing red rank swf and...it's not fun anymore. Nothing worse than approaching the exit door and seeing all four survivors lined up in a row teabagging you as they walk out (true story!).

    Recently I leveled up Freddy to the point to where I really want to play him, but all I keep getting matched up against are red ranks. It's nice to think if this game considers me to be that good, but I know I'm not! LOL

    Is anyone else a little too apprehensive to play killer? I find playing as a lone survivor far less nerve-wracking, because I'd rather be paired up with a red rank instead of going up against them.

    My best advice to you is keep facing those red rank swf, as much as you can and keep a positive mental attitude while you do and work on improving and expect nothing, after enough time you'll start to realize they all play very similar and have generic weakness and are vulnerable to certain perk load outs, then you'll start to exploit swf and snowball of their mistakes very easily.

    It's a painful road, learn to laugh at their antagonism and know it isn't personal, they are just trying to get in your head because they want to win, work on your gameplay, your tiles, your mind games and you'll just start winning organically.

    Good luck.

1 2 ›