Nurse did not need a nerf

Devs said that the nurse was broken and that her stats were busted because of insanely high kill rates and pick rates, but her base kit was not the problem, it was omega blink nurse and 5 blink nurse and all the broken builds many players used constantly to skew the stats, but they nerfed her base kit as well with no actual reasoning and now she is the one of the lowest picked killers, she just needed an addon reowrk

Granted nurses addons now are some of the most useless ######### ever, with the most bullshit sideffects but she didn’t need the stupid recharge timer

Comments

  • She needed a nerf. Is was completely justified. Basekit nurses 4ked like hell. Thats a undeniable fact.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    She needed a nerf. Is was completely justified. Basekit nurses 4ked like hell. Thats a undeniable fact.

    Her basekit was completely fine, it was certain addon builds, I never had a problem with a basekit former nurse, if you think it was too strong I dunno what to say, you should go player her now base kit, have ######### fun

  • So the same Nurse Mains that did easily 4k as old basekit nurse are still 4king with nee basekit nurse. Just not that ridiculous easy. If you will deny this fact you obviously never played against such nurses on a daily basis before her nerf. The nerf just sorted out those bad addon nurses, basically wannabes. Thats also a good thing.

  • I personally like the fact that I can actually make distance and be rewarded for outplaying her now, instead of outsmarting her and then having her be right back on me again.

    I played her before and she was EZ mode to me.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So the same Nurse Mains that did easily 4k as old basekit nurse are still 4king with nee basekit nurse. Just not that ridiculous easy. If you will deny this fact you obviously never played against such nurses on a daily basis before her nerf. The nerf just sorted out those bad addon nurses, basically wannabes. Thats also a good thing.

    I didn’t I’m on console, but I’ve been playing since the very start of console and I did come across some old really good nurses but the reason they were that good was because of op addons, not the basekit

  • @Huff said:

    I personally like the fact that I can actually make distance and be rewarded for outplaying her now, instead of outsmarting her and then having her be right back on me again.

    I played her before and she was EZ mode to me.

    I think a recharge speed is fine, but it is way too long, it repels people from playing her

  • I'm living for all these Nurse threads.

    I completely agree it was unneeded. If she must have a powerbar I ask it work like Pyramid Head's. His was actually well designed and feels rewarding to use and it isn't so clunky it stops your gameplay every 3 seconds.

    Also her addons need another addon pass. That's just a fact. Only 2 are actually useful (to the point where you literally miss out on 50% of your power) I'd like to see them not be mandatory (my rework idea would do this) and make the other useless ones actually useful, or at least interesting and not bugged to hell.

  • They could have made a lesser nerf on console, but on PC it was justified. But well they did have to make same changes so it is what it is. On smaller maps I mostly 4k with Nurse on Xbox, but the bigger maps is a problem.

    But Nurse is hard to play on console for many and that is a problem because you almost never see Nurse these days. And as survivor I like to play against Nurse it's really fun.

  • @coppersly said:

    I'm living for all these Nurse threads.

    I completely agree it was unneeded. If she must have a powerbar I ask it work like Pyramid Head's. His was actually well designed and feels rewarding to use and it isn't so clunky it stops your gameplay every 3 seconds.

    Also her addons need another addon pass. That's just a fact. Only 2 are actually useful (to the point where you literally miss out on 50% of your power) I'd like to see them not be mandatory (my rework idea would do this) and make the other useless ones actually useful, or at least interesting and not bugged to hell.

    Yes, the recharge speed would be fine up to a certain point, with recovery addons but the made it way, to long, but I dislike the idea of a recharge on her blinks

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314774#Comment_1314774

    Yes, the recharge speed would be fine up to a certain point, with recovery addons but the made it way, to long, but I dislike the idea of a recharge on her blinks

    I agree, it felt much more fluid and fun when you could just charge up another right away but alas, they have taken that sweet, juicy, buttery gameplay away forever it seems.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314783#Comment_1314783

    I agree, it felt much more fluid and fun when you could just charge up another right away but alas, they have taken that sweet, juicy, buttery gameplay away forever it seems.

    Rip nurse, 2016-2019 😭

  • Most killers didn't need a nerf

    whatever to please the survivor community

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Most killers didn't need a nerf

    whatever to please the survivor community

    Agree all killers should be buffed. And I play survivor most, but as a solo survivor I want the game to be hard. The killer should scare you with strong powers and make you feel you want to just hide in a locker all game. If the killers is very strong just doing 4-5 gens and then all die, could be something to be very proud of. Now over 50% of the games you stand on that exit gate..how fun and hard. Not.

  • I main console nurse. The add-ons are ridiculous, most are absolutely useless and a waste of bp. Her power? I've seen streamers tear up swfs with barely a gen pop, but on console since low frames, bad sensitivity and other bugs make her a nightmare vs good survivors.

    Her high skullcap and skill requirement are worth the power she has, and anything that strong shouldn't be as easily accessible as the other mindless meta killers.

    If anything her sensitivity cap could see another boost to be more comparable to PC's. Just look at how fast mouse can shakes heads vs controller; not saying that degree is a must, I'm saying I'm accustomed to controller sensitivity and could handle more.

    What I'm genuinely curious about is the bug where u can't blink or attack after blinking; at first I thought I was boosted af but then looked it up and turns out other ppl have the same problem. That can literally lose me a game, and seems to be more frequent if I get grabbed for higher ping servers.

    My advice? Play spirit.

  • I'm surprised no one is mentioning deadzones and basement blinks. They are the 2nd reason why I stopped using nurse behind her bugs that have never been addressed. Sanctum of Wrath when it came out was impossible to win if the survivors knew where the dead zones were.

  • @DeathBeam said:

    I'm surprised no one is mentioning deadzones and basement blinks. They are the 2nd reason why I stopped using nurse behind her bugs that have never been addressed. Sanctum of Wrath when it came out was impossible to win if the survivors knew where the dead zones were.

    They kind of get lost in the sea of bugs. Important nonetheless.

  • @DeathBeam said:

    I'm surprised no one is mentioning deadzones and basement blinks. They are the 2nd reason why I stopped using nurse behind her bugs that have never been addressed. Sanctum of Wrath when it came out was impossible to win if the survivors knew where the dead zones were.

    From my experience basement blinks are more or less the fault of the player. Sanctums basement was fixed, and that's the only one I encountered since I started to play nurse (tbh hasn't been that long).

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So the same Nurse Mains that did easily 4k as old basekit nurse are still 4king with nee basekit nurse. Just not that ridiculous easy. If you will deny this fact you obviously never played against such nurses on a daily basis before her nerf. The nerf just sorted out those bad addon nurses, basically wannabes. Thats also a good thing.

    Please show me a Nurse that PLAYS her consistently basekit and always 4ks. This is something that pisses me off about this community. You have no evidence to back up your claims, you just regurgitate mindless talking points.

    I am Nurse main who was consistently able to 4k without addons before the nerf. I still do well with her and usually 4k, but I have to use addons to make up for the crap basekit nerfs.

  • @ActulCasul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314860#Comment_1314860

    From my experience basement blinks are more or less the fault of the player. Sanctums basement was fixed, and that's the only one I encountered since I started to play nurse (tbh hasn't been that long).

    IF you even slightly look down you go straight down. It feels like it vacuums you when you weren't even trying to go low.

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314764#Comment_1314764

    I think a recharge speed is fine, but it is way too long, it repels people from playing her

    Ya I think that's fair to say. I don't mind having to feel pressured to dance around and try to juke the killer, but with the old one it felt like no matter how many times you dodged it was inevitable that you'd go down eventually. No cooldown on the blinks + being able to bring range/cooldown/extra blinks (the only 3 kinds of addons you'd ever see) meant that it was like playing against the old Legion, where you'd just be dodging hit after hit and it didn't really matter how good you were, because the killer was just playing something so overpowered it was just a waiting game of "ok when am I gonna go down?"

    It's a different story when we're talking about a Nurse that brings in like no addons or something like that, but lets just be realistic. Practically no Nurse before did that. I don't think I ever ran into more than like 1 or 2 Nurses that did that of all the games I checked, and literally every other one was always the 3 aforementioned ones: range/cooldown/extra blinks. It was just stupid and took me out of the experience of playing the game, just like as I said before, with old Legion.

  • A good nurse would, and still can, absolutely slay. I hated going against nurse for probably more than 80% of my games when I played survivor. When I started playing this game over 3 years ago, I played like 2 games of billy and then said "f that, im gonna play the best one" and it happened to be nurse.

    Even now I rarely have games as short as I do on nurse, she has some very bad maps, which is why I think spirit is actually better.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    She needed a nerf. Is was completely justified. Basekit nurses 4ked like hell. Thats a undeniable fact.

    Her basekit was perfect. It's what every killer should be balanced towards. Old nurse could 4k without add ons or perks provided you were skilled. Survivors can go perkless and stand a very good chance but it's unfair for the killer to stand a chance without the meta? The add ons needed to go but her kit didn't need any adjustments. Putting "undeniable fact" at the end of your sentence doesn't make you right.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314874#Comment_1314874

    IF you even slightly look down you go straight down. It feels like it vacuums you when you weren't even trying to go low.

    Yeah I know, maybe it's a bit unfair but I've gotten used to it. Looking up and short blinking makes it hard to track survivors afterwards though(especially without shadowborn), it could definitely be improved to be more user friendly

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314712#Comment_1314712

    Her basekit was perfect. It's what every killer should be balanced towards. Old nurse could 4k without add ons or perks provided you were skilled. Survivors can go perkless and stand a very good chance but it's unfair for the killer to stand a chance without the meta? The add ons needed to go but her kit didn't need any adjustments. Putting "undeniable fact" at the end of your sentence doesn't make you right.

    There are already replacements for her. Oni can get a 4k off 2 M1 hits. Freddy is outrageous in general. Spirit is still dumb since you can put on stridor and collect your free downs.

  • Once you had a grip on her, she wasnt really that hard, yes, she could still be juked, but even if you failed your hit you were not punished that hard, survivors barely gained any distance before you recovered.

    In some point during my game experience with DBD I mained Nurse on console. After a while I realised people were just memeing when saying she was impossible.

    Current nurse is not bad, she is just boring and bug ridden and she has some really lame add-ons.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Once you had a grip on her, she wasnt really that hard, yes, she could still be juked, but even if you failed your hit you were not punished that hard, survivors barely gained any distance before you recovered.

    In some point during my game experience with DBD I mained Nurse on console. After a while I realised people were just memeing when saying she was impossible.

    Current nurse is not bad, she is just boring and bug ridden and she has some really lame add-ons.

    Just because you've missed or hit doesn't mean the survivor should just get distance. Part of it was reading what the Nurse was going to do. Double back and try to not get fake blinked? Bend left at the last second? These questions don't matter anymore it's just run straight. Distance is gained for no work now.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314904#Comment_1314904

    There are already replacements for her. Oni can get a 4k off 2 M1 hits. Freddy is outrageous in general. Spirit is still dumb since you can put on stridor and collect your free downs.

    It doesnt matter that there made other killers like her after they nerfed her. In a perfect game ALL survivors/killers should be viable at any rank. This game will never be perfect but they went a step backwards with her rework, They took a viable killer and gutted her. They should have just changed the add ons and it would have been fine.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314917#Comment_1314917

    Just because you've missed or hit doesn't mean the survivor should just get distance. Part of it was reading what the Nurse was going to do. Double back and try to not get fake blinked? Bend left at the last second? These questions don't matter anymore it's just run straight. Distance is gained for no work now.

    While I personally agree with this statement, part of how I play nerfed nurse is recognizing what part of the map I want to centralize my snowball and abandoning chase when it doesn't suit me. That said 4 real rank 1's mess my ######### up. And that's even with a mandatory recharge add-on every game.

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    Devs said that the nurse was broken and that her stats were busted because of insanely high kill rates and pick rates, but her base kit was not the problem, it was omega blink nurse and 5 blink nurse and all the broken builds many players used constantly to skew the stats, but they nerfed her base kit as well with no actual reasoning and now she is the one of the lowest picked killers, she just needed an addon reowrk

    Granted nurses addons now are some of the most useless ######### ever, with the most bullshit sideffects but she didn’t need the stupid recharge timer

    You’re wrong she needed a nerf. She’s still good though, a good nurse player still gets ez downs. I see it happen on console all the time. She definitely didn’t need 5 blinks that’s excessive. Psssh. Entitled killer mains wanting ez 4Ks every game.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314911#Comment_1314911

    It doesnt matter that there made other killers like her after they nerfed her. In a perfect game ALL survivors/killers should be viable at any rank. This game will never be perfect but they went a step backwards with her rework, They took a viable killer and gutted her. They should have just changed the add ons and it would have been fine.

    I hate to break it to you, but that is not possible. The differential between SWF on voice comms and solo Q is too large. The game was designed around solo Q, and it needs to be kept viable or it will die off (deathgarden died because it was made for SWF).

    There are only a handful of killers that can really deal with a stacked survivor group, and they are overpowered against solo Q teams.

    How to fix that? I don't know and I don't care. It's not like im getting paid to deal with the problems.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156940/nurse-did-not-need-a-nerf

    You’re wrong she needed a nerf. She’s still good though, a good nurse player still gets ez downs. I see it happen on console all the time. She definitely didn’t need 5 blinks that’s excessive. Psssh. Entitled killer mains wanting ez 4Ks every game.

    He even says he was against the 5 blink addon in the quote... Terrible flame/bait.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314981#Comment_1314981

    He even says he was against the 5 blink addon in the quote... Terrible flame/bait.

    This isn’t a bait, I believe that nurse was fine except for her adding which were horribly unbalanced, but now they are trash, nurse is still strong but the blink recharge is definitely too long

  • Only people who used to DOMINATE nurse still 4k with her easily and don't have any problems. Then we HAD people who only 4ked because of the unlimited blinks and perk builds, who don't know how to play her as now she is based on actual skill. The nerf made her a real killer and not an automatic and efficient 4k machine.

  • @Huff said:

    I personally like the fact that I can actually make distance and be rewarded for outplaying her now, instead of outsmarting her and then having her be right back on me again.

    I played her before and she was EZ mode to me.

    *Holds down W* ######### i am good at outplaying nurse.

  • @perezkarlo37 said:

    Only people who used to DOMINATE nurse still 4k with her easily and don't have any problems. Then we HAD people who only 4ked because of the unlimited blinks and perk builds, who don't know how to play her as now she is based on actual skill. The nerf made her a real killer and not an automatic and efficient 4k machine.

    If she was such an ez automatic win why did only killers in red ranks play her well and pretty much anyone else playing her was called a "baby ez Nurse"? It's widely acknowledged you have to put in hundreds of hours on Nurse to be proficient and capable against real survivors.

    I hate that weak argument people just spit without any foundation.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314812#Comment_1314812

    Agree all killers should be buffed. And I play survivor most, but as a solo survivor I want the game to be hard. The killer should scare you with strong powers and make you feel you want to just hide in a locker all game. If the killers is very strong just doing 4-5 gens and then all die, could be something to be very proud of. Now over 50% of the games you stand on that exit gate..how fun and hard. Not.

    Solo survivor is stressful and boring, but nobody ever said it's hard. Although saying ALL killers should be buffed is completely false. Oni, Spirit, Hag, Myers, Huntress, Billy, Plague, Freddy, Doc and Wraith are in great spots and if they were buffed, they'd become broken.

  • @ActulCasul said:

    I main console nurse. The add-ons are ridiculous, most are absolutely useless and a waste of bp. Her power? I've seen streamers tear up swfs with barely a gen pop, but on console since low frames, bad sensitivity and other bugs make her a nightmare vs good survivors.

    Her high skullcap and skill requirement are worth the power she has, and anything that strong shouldn't be as easily accessible as the other mindless meta killers.

    If anything her sensitivity cap could see another boost to be more comparable to PC's. Just look at how fast mouse can shakes heads vs controller; not saying that degree is a must, I'm saying I'm accustomed to controller sensitivity and could handle more.

    What I'm genuinely curious about is the bug where u can't blink or attack after blinking; at first I thought I was boosted af but then looked it up and turns out other ppl have the same problem. That can literally lose me a game, and seems to be more frequent if I get grabbed for higher ping servers.

    My advice? Play spirit.

    How do you play spirit with survivors not making grunts of pain bug? Its happen in every game.

  • Man these threads are exploding..new it was only a matter of time till everyone got fed up with this crap

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156940/nurse-did-not-need-a-nerf

    You’re wrong she needed a nerf. She’s still good though, a good nurse player still gets ez downs. I see it happen on console all the time. She definitely didn’t need 5 blinks that’s excessive. Psssh. Entitled killer mains wanting ez 4Ks every game.

    Lol if your losing to current nurse more than rarely I'm afraid to say that's a you issue

  • @immortalls96 said:

    Man these threads are exploding..new it was only a matter of time till everyone got fed up with this crap

    Rise up Nurse mains.

  • Nurse should have never existed in the first place.

    The Nerf was 100% justified. If she needs further changes (Buffs/Nerfs/whatever) can only be seen if all her Bugs are fixed.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314753#Comment_1314753

    Please show me a Nurse that PLAYS her consistently basekit and always 4ks. This is something that pisses me off about this community. You have no evidence to back up your claims, you just regurgitate mindless talking points.

    I am Nurse main who was consistently able to 4k without addons before the nerf. I still do well with her and usually 4k, but I have to use addons to make up for the crap basekit nerfs.

    Everyone plays only with the basekit, because addons are so difficult to gain. So, you want to 4k everygame with the basekit? Killers are so selfish

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Nurse should have never existed in the first place.

    The Nerf was 100% justified. If she needs further changes (Buffs/Nerfs/whatever) can only be seen if all her Bugs are fixed.

    We can agree to something at least, she needs those bug fixes first and foremost.

    @seyiya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314885#Comment_1314885

    Everyone plays only with the basekit, because addons are so difficult to gain. So, you want to 4k everygame with the basekit? Killers are so selfish

    Basekit with no addons should be viable. I don't know if I can argue no perks either. It's obvious survivors can go in without any perks at all and destroy most killers, is it fair for the same if a killer can do that to fully geared up squads? I'm not sure myself.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314981#Comment_1314981

    Lol if your losing to current nurse more than rarely I'm afraid to say that's a you issue

    There is a certain logic to it. The harder she is to play, the more likely it is that only the very top-tier of Nurse players will play her, and so the more likely you are to encounter a good one.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315844#Comment_1315844

    There is a certain logic to it. The harder she is to play, the more likely it is that only the very top-tier of Nurse players will play her, and so the more likely you are to encounter a good one.

    Youd think that..but every nurse I face anymore loses..and I see it all the time on live streams..I'm tempted to keep a tally for a month and show how bad this ######### is

  • Waiting for buff nurse.. She have only 2-3 good addons. Whithout them completely useless. Why ripping hard and interesting character? And nurse part of silent hill too

  • @darklinger said:

    Waiting for buff nurse.. She have only 2-3 good addons. Whithout them completely useless. Why ripping hard and interesting character? And nurse part of silent hill too

    It would've been cool thematically to include a lot of Nurse love and QoL in this patch with PH.

    They said there's still some more coming up for the PTB so we'll see... I'm not holding my breath though.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315894#Comment_1315894

    Youd think that..but every nurse I face anymore loses..and I see it all the time on live streams..I'm tempted to keep a tally for a month and show how bad this ######### is

    Same here, minus the streams. However, since that used to happen regardless, I didn't really notice the difference.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    She needed a nerf. Is was completely justified. Basekit nurses 4ked like hell. Thats a undeniable fact.

    Yeah they did because they dumped thousands of hours in nurse man. xd

‹ 1 2