Why do killers use Corrupt Intervention and then patrol the blocked gens anyway?

This happens nearly every time a killer uses CI. And I'm not even talking about coming to check on a hex totem or something. They use CI, I spawn into the map and the gen right next to me gets blocked, then 5-10 seconds later the killer comes and checks the gen. ???? What's the point in using the perk? I can understand checking when the timer is about to run out but right at the beginning of the match?

Comments

  • Survivors don't know gens are blocked unless they check them.

    It's still relatively inefficient behavior for killers, but you can catch survivors unawares at the start of the match.

  • Cuz blendettes will still wait at that one gen for 2min so you have to go check them out

  • @RizeAki said:

    Cuz blendettes will still wait at that one gen for 2min so you have to go check them out

    This. Half the time I use CI survivors will wait out the timer and make it pointless. So I'll patrol the open gens for 60 seconds but if I see nothing I may as well go check.

  • @RizeAki said:

    Cuz blendettes will still wait at that one gen for 2min so you have to go check them out

    Well let them wait there for 2 minutes lol. They're accomplishing nothing. Chase the survivors who are around the unblocked gens

  • Because they checked the unblocked gens and found no one.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307898#Comment_1307898

    This. Half the time I use CI survivors will wait out the timer and make it pointless. So I'll patrol the open gens for 60 seconds but if I see nothing I may as well go check.

    Yeah but I'm talking literally within seconds of the match starting. As in the killer made a beeline to the blocked gen.

    This is why people say CI is a weak perk. They equip it and literally don't use it

  • From my experience survivors mostly spawn in the areas where gens are blocked. So I swing by there first... while also checking to make sure none of the others have started (when I can).

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    Because they checked the unblocked gens and found no one.

    They checked all the gens within 10 seconds? Please read the initial post

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307898#Comment_1307898

    Well let them wait there for 2 minutes lol. They're accomplishing nothing. Chase the survivors who are around the unblocked gens

    Sometimes it’s all four of them doing it lol that or If say the blocked gens are the 3 gen I’m gonna go set up on that side then

  • Just because survivors can't work on these gens doesn't mean they aren't around them. Some people (me including) do totems and chests till the perk runs out. No need to go into 1/3 of the map with the killer.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307911#Comment_1307911

    They checked all the gens within 10 seconds? Please read the initial post

    I already did and found it too hyperbolic to be worth going into the minutiae. The farthest gens from the killer are those blocked. Unless it's something like a Billy, or the killer literally spawned in the middle of the map, there's no way they can check a blocked gen within the first 10 seconds on a consistent basis, let alone 5 as the op purported as well.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307911#Comment_1307911

    They checked all the gens within 10 seconds? Please read the initial post

    You just happened to be at the first place they went to if it was that quick

  • CI blocker farther gens from the killer. Survivors spawn close to those and not the ones close to the killer

    Think about it and make your conclusion.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307903#Comment_1307903

    Yeah but I'm talking literally within seconds of the match starting. As in the killer made a beeline to the blocked gen.

    This is why people say CI is a weak perk. They equip it and literally don't use it

    A lot of people who play video games don’t really know what they’re doing or how to effectively use their perks. The average player is not very good.

    I recently had a Spirit phase to me cleansing a dull totem in the corner of the map while my teammates finished the last gen. It lost her the game but I guess in the moment it seemed like the right play. It is what it is, people misplay and that’s what keeps the game interesting.

  • Never mind.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307915#Comment_1307915

    I already did and found it too hyperbolic to be worth going into the minutiae. The farthest gens from the killer are those blocked. Unless it's something like a Billy, or the killer literally spawned in the middle of the map, there's no way they can check a blocked gen within the first 10 seconds on a consistent basis, let alone 5 as the op purported as well.

    5-10 seconds is not hyperbole. If I said "the killer is on me in one one thousandths of a second" that's hyperbole.

    @BigBubs said:

    CI blocker farther gens from the killer. Survivors spawn close to those and not the ones close to the killer

    Think about it and make your conclusion.

    Think about the perk we're talking about.

    The killer uses CI and instead of patrolling the unblocked gens and the immediate area, they go out of their way to check a blocked one on the far side of the map. Oh, sweet! They found a survivor. Oh, darn! That survivor loops them around the blocked gens on the far side of the map, allowing 3 survivors to work on gens closer to the middle of the map.

    Now since we all know by the time the killer gets a single down that 2 or 3 gens have popped (based on what people on the forum love to claim), now the survivors have completed 2 or 3 of the more central gens, meaning the remaining gens are spread further apart and much harder to patrol.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307913#Comment_1307913

    A lot of people who play video games don’t really know what they’re doing or how to effectively use their perks. The average player is not very good.

    I recently had a Spirit phase to me cleansing a dull totem in the corner of the map while my teammates finished the last gen. It lost her the game but I guess in the moment it seemed like the right play. It is what it is, people misplay and that’s what keeps the game interesting.

    I appreciate this comment because you actually read and responded to what I wrote. I agree that it most likely is simply people not understanding the perk and how to use it, or making poor plays in the moment. I wasn't sure if there was a logical reason I was missing.

  • Because survivors 99% of the time all spawned next to blocked gens. It's the same reason a killer always appears on atleast one of the gens someone spawned and worked on. Predictable spawn locations.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307973#Comment_1307973

    I appreciate this comment because you actually read and responded to what I wrote. I agree that it most likely is simply people not understanding the perk and how to use it, or making poor plays in the moment. I wasn't sure if there was a logical reason I was missing.

    They could just assume that the survivors will creep around the outskirts of the map waiting out their CI. That does happen sometimes. I usually use CI when I’m playing Trapper so it doesn’t bother me, I use their wasted 2 minutes to set up, but if you’re playing a more aggressive killer I guess I could see why you might patrol blocked gens. It seems like a gamble to beeline right for them though.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    This happens nearly every time a killer uses CI. And I'm not even talking about coming to check on a hex totem or something. They use CI, I spawn into the map and the gen right next to me gets blocked, then 5-10 seconds later the killer comes and checks the gen. ???? What's the point in using the perk? I can understand checking when the timer is about to run out but right at the beginning of the match?

    You spawn into a match beside a generator that gets blocked by CI. 5-10 seconds later you are still close to said generator...and you're wondering why the killer is checking there?

  • Also the perk can be used as a good chance to 3 gen survivors when they genrush from the get go

  • @MadArtillery said:

    Because survivors 99% of the time all spawned next to blocked gens. It's the same reason a killer always appears on atleast one of the gens someone spawned and worked on. Predictable spawn locations.

    Yes, but say the survivors DID all spawn near blocked gens. If you take the risk to go and check then you are no longer patrolling gens that can be worked on and thus allowing the other survivors to take advantage of that. Instead of doing that, continue to patrol the unblocked gens and their immediate area. Best case scenario you get a down within range of the 3-4 gens, meaning you can pressure those gens and make progress on hooks. Worst case scenario, the survivors hide for 2 mins because you don't allow them to work on the center gens. Neither of you accomplished anything. Not a great use of the perk, obviously, but at least neither you or the survivor have made progress.

    BONUS: if you are Trapper, Hag or Freddy, you had plenty of time to trap the center of the map. Yay!

  • Corrupt Intervention doesn't mean, "Don't look over there."

    It limits survivor options, sure. That doesn't mean the survivors can't still BE over there.

    It'd be a pretty boneheaded move to run CI, not see any survivors on the close gens and say, "Well, guess I'll just wait for CI to wear off." Especially since the survivors usually spawn further away anyway.

  • @goatslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156123/why-do-killers-use-corrupt-intervention-and-then-patrol-the-blocked-gens-anyway

    You spawn into a match beside a generator that gets blocked by CI. 5-10 seconds later you are still close to said generator...and you're wondering why the killer is checking there?

    Yeah. IDK about you but I don't start sprinting at the beginning of the trial. That's a great way to be the first found, especially against a stealth killer. And IDK about you, but my survivors walk pretty slowly compared to killers. Especially killers like Nurse, Wraith or Billy. So they can cover a lot more ground in 5-10 seconds than I can when I'm walking.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308011#Comment_1308011

    Yes, but say the survivors DID all spawn near blocked gens. If you take the risk to go and check then you are no longer patrolling gens that can be worked on and thus allowing the other survivors to take advantage of that. Instead of doing that, continue to patrol the unblocked gens and their immediate area. Best case scenario you get a down within range of the 3-4 gens, meaning you can pressure those gens and make progress on hooks. Worst case scenario, the survivors hide for 2 mins because you don't allow them to work on the center gens. Neither of you accomplished anything. Not a great use of the perk, obviously, but at least neither you or the survivor have made progress.

    BONUS: if you are Trapper, Hag or Freddy, you had plenty of time to trap the center of the map. Yay!

    Ever run whispers with corrupt? Survivors wandering around the area is litterally standard play. Unprotected gens are too far away from survivor spawns for them to be on them right away before you can find someone on a blocked gen. I've litterally never run into someone early on the unblocked gens. Never.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308027#Comment_1308027

    Yeah. IDK about you but I don't start sprinting at the beginning of the trial. That's a great way to be the first found, especially against a stealth killer. And IDK about you, but my survivors walk pretty slowly compared to killers. Especially killers like Nurse, Wraith or Billy. So they can cover a lot more ground in 5-10 seconds than I can when I'm walking.

    Fact remains you are there...that answers your question about why the killer is checking there.

  • @Bovinity said:

    Corrupt Intervention doesn't mean, "Don't look over there."

    It limits survivor options, sure. That doesn't mean the survivors can't still BE over there.

    It'd be a pretty boneheaded move to run CI, not see any survivors on the close gens and say, "Well, guess I'll just wait for CI to wear off." Especially since the survivors usually spawn further away anyway.

    It's an even more boneheaded move to get looped around blocked gens while allowing the 3 other survivors to work on the center ones 🤷

  • @goatslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308046#Comment_1308046

    Fact remains you are there...that answers your question about why the killer is checking there.

    Sure, if you ignore all the other points I've made in the thread.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308042#Comment_1308042

    It's an even more boneheaded move to get looped around blocked gens while allowing the 3 other survivors to work on the center ones 🤷

    If they're getting looped, they're getting looped. That's a completely different issue.

    I mean, if you're not looking for answers and you just want someone to agree with you and say, "YEA KILLER DUMB LOL" then you got that already in a previous post. Might as well call it quits now.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308027#Comment_1308027

    Yeah. IDK about you but I don't start sprinting at the beginning of the trial. That's a great way to be the first found, especially against a stealth killer. And IDK about you, but my survivors walk pretty slowly compared to killers. Especially killers like Nurse, Wraith or Billy. So they can cover a lot more ground in 5-10 seconds than I can when I'm walking.

    Corrupt Intervention blocks the 3 gens farthest from the Killer, which means you spawned nearly as far from the Killer as possible. If they have time to walk across the map and you're still not gone, that is entirely on you.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308051#Comment_1308051

    Sure, if you ignore all the other points I've made in the thread.

    Sorry, I don't care to read all of your comments. I read your first one and answered it. If you would like more input...if the killer is only patrolling the open gens, the survivors can easily just hide in areas around the blocked gens until CI is over. Essentially making the perk useless. But something tells me you're not looking for an actual answer to this question as much as you're trying to say killers should use the perk how you say they should.

  • Because ci doesn't change the spawn location of survivors, they will still (ussualy) spawn around the gen farthest from you

    It's actually the smarter move to beeline that way, with how subtle survivors are you are bound to find scratchmarks or something that way

    At the start of the match you will reach the unblocked gens faster then the survivors anyway. No point in patrolling generators before survivors can even get there.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308054#Comment_1308054

    If they're getting looped, they're getting looped. That's a completely different issue.

    I mean, if you're not looking for answers and you just want someone to agree with you and say, "YEA KILLER DUMB LOL" then you got that already in a previous post. Might as well call it quits now.

    I'm looking for logical answers or a debate that makes sense and takes advantage of the perk, not completely wasting it.

    @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308046#Comment_1308046

    Corrupt Intervention blocks the 3 gens farthest from the Killer, which means you spawned nearly as far from the Killer as possible. If they have time to walk across the map and you're still not gone, that is entirely on you.

    I'm talking about the killer's use of the perk, not complaining about being found. So nothing is "on me."

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308062#Comment_1308062

    I'm looking for logical answers or a debate that makes sense and takes advantage of the perk, not completely wasting it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308072#Comment_1308072

    I'm talking about the killer's use of the perk, not complaining about being found. So nothing is "on me."

    Yeah, except people are discussing it and you just keep saying, "NUT-UH! Killer dumb!"

    So yeah, not a discussion. You just want people to agree with you.

  • since Corrupt blocks the 3 gens that are the furthest away from your spawn location, that means there will be survivors spawning over there 9 out of 10 times.

    so they go over there and check around the blocked gens really fast, as they hope to catch LoS to someone who isnt paying attention to get into a chase asap.

  • -Whispers goes off. Whispers is GREAT with Corrupt.

    -Survivors tend to spawn around blocked gens.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308062#Comment_1308062

    I'm looking for logical answers or a debate that makes sense and takes advantage of the perk, not completely wasting it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308072#Comment_1308072

    I'm talking about the killer's use of the perk, not complaining about being found. So nothing is "on me."

    Being bad at evasion is on you, and seeing how everyone has already explained to you why they'd go to a gen with CI, I don't feel the need to.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308088#Comment_1308088

    Being bad at evasion is on you, and seeing how everyone has already explained to you why they'd go to a gen with CI, I don't feel the need to.

    Nowhere did I even say I got caught lol. Keep grasping for straws. Maybe one day you'll get there buddy

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308088#Comment_1308088

    Yeah, except people are discussing it and you just keep saying, "NUT-UH! Killer dumb!"

    So yeah, not a discussion. You just want people to agree with you.

    Nope.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308116#Comment_1308116

    Nowhere did I even say I got caught lol. Keep grasping for straws. Maybe one day you'll get there buddy

    Just because you don't want to admit you got caught doesn't mean you didn't get caught.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308346#Comment_1308346

    Just because you don't want to admit you got caught doesn't mean you didn't get caught.

    OP: "Why was the killer here?!"

    Poster: "Well, why were you there?"

    OP: "Wha...I...I wasn't! And you're dumb!"

  • a majority of the time the survivors will spawn with the corrupted gens

    if you pair it with whispers, you can get an early chase near them

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308346#Comment_1308346

    Just because you don't want to admit you got caught doesn't mean you didn't get caught.

    Lol.

    @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308365#Comment_1308365

    OP: "Why was the killer here?!"

    Poster: "Well, why were you there?"

    OP: "Wha...I...I wasn't! And you're dumb!"

    Please quote me where I said anything like that.

    @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308088#Comment_1308088

    Yeah, except people are discussing it and you just keep saying, "NUT-UH! Killer dumb!"

    So yeah, not a discussion. You just want people to agree with you.

    Btw I just went through my posts to make sure and not once did I make a blanket statement like "killer dumb". I used boneheaded once because it was in response to someone else's post.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308365#Comment_1308365

    OP: "Why was the killer here?!"

    Poster: "Well, why were you there?"

    OP: "Wha...I...I wasn't! And you're dumb!"

    "Why was the Killer here?"

    "This is why."

    "... No."

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    From my experience survivors mostly spawn in the areas where gens are blocked. So I swing by there first... while also checking to make sure none of the others have started (when I can).

    Thats really what it is. Most survivors will spawn far from the killer AKA the blocked gens. So it makes sense to look around the blocked gens.

  • @RizeAki said:

    Cuz blendettes will still wait at that one gen for 2min so you have to go check them out

    This, I have actually found MORE survivors stay in the blocked area even at red ranks...

    a common occurrence when I run CI is finding someone about 20 seconds in, chasing and downing them, hooking them, and BBQ showing me three survivors kneeling near blocked gens

  • They're looking for survivors. Survivors can't automatically tell when CI is in play usually.

  • I don't know if it's just an Xbox thing that I noticed is that some survivors will just wait out the timer.