Am I the only one seeing a huge spike in Ebony Mori usage?
Like half the games I've had recently have had the killer use an Ebony Mori. (And one other game with a secret offering, but it was just a shroud of separation. But I'm pretty sure all us thought it was an ebony, because we all played extremely stealthy. Felt kind of bad for the killer afterward because he only got one hook.)
Now, I'm not complaining about their power here. But for something that's supposed to be 'very rare', it doesn't seem like it's very rare at all. Maybe killers need some other Iri stuff to get, so they don't get just Ebony Mori's all the time. Maybe Iri Map Offerings that override all other map offerings? (Meaning the killer gets the map of their choice guaranteed, no matter what the survivors offer). Maybe an Iri Offering that is basically tier 1 of Ruin (but not a hex)? Then they don't have to kick gens. Just some ideas here. I feel like there definitely should be some more iri offerings for killers though.
Comments
They're pretty common and anyone that claims otherwise is lying. Still, you'll find the odd session where you come across very few.
Yeah I've seen it too. Don't know if people are just getting them more or players are acting similar to those on the forums, using ebony moris because they think something is unfair atm. I say I'm not sure because I'm not seeing bad matchmaking as often as other people it seems, so for the most part I'm getting matched with red rank killers who can't really use the matchmaking as an excuse.
Cant speak for everyone but i rarely use them so i have a ton saved. If i felt compelled to do so i could probably use those for like a month straight. What you might be seeing is killers getting tired of getting stomped due to gen rush being so easy so theyre using their moris
I can't speak for everyone but I have a supply of 50+ of them on my main killer. I don't usually use them. However, if I'm having an off day or survivors are really starting to be toxic and piss me off I'll switch to my Moris and go to town the second anyone does something out of line. Maybe more people are just tired and everyone is out of line for them lol.
I'm honestly just seeing a huge spike of NOED users, I honestly don't know why, but most of my Red Rank games end with NOED popping.
while survivor have 2 kinds of keys they can use to open the hatch, one of them is purple
That is correct. But what does it have to do with the topic at hand?
I like to bring moris for teams of multiple blendettes, keys, and dailies. Sometimes I don't even use them if I'm winning the match because you get less bloodpoints
Because killers usually bring mori if there is survivor with a key and you'd have to change both of those things. Not just one. Keys allow for an early escape or bypass an exit gate, while moris let you kill survivors early. Both mechanics are equally unfair to the other side
The gen rush is real. Until something is done about match speed weak killers have to rely on things like mori and noed. I just played as clown against all r1s, BARELY got 2 of them.
I have been getting constant red ranks in my matches and I'm rank 14 killer at the moment... I only have my 4th perk slot open and 1 teachable I got from the shrine and I'm going up against maxed players that know all the loops and 360s. I've gotten 2 ebony moris and I use them as insurance if the match is going terribly.
This is why I leave lobbies if I'm matched with multiple same survivors, flashlights or keys. Most killers will just tunnel/mori off first hook when that happens and I'd rather be waiting for lobby than waste my time in a 5 minute match.
I don't have data, I'll start there.
Its possible that the frustration of keys being more available, and the perception by part of the community that keys and hatch are a free escape, that its developed a mentality of "Well I'll just burn the moris I've been stockpiling in retaliation for survivors cutting corners with keys."
I am horrible about using purple or red addons, I feel as I should horde them, and rarely use them. I probably should more now that I think of it though.
I see about 1-3 every day. I hover around rank 3-5. People who use them are using them to be specifically toxic, their names were something like “iplaytoxic”.
If I see them mori after first hook, I just turn into a mobile bush and make sure they take forever to find me. If I work on a gen and SpineChill flickers, off I go. I don’t care if I don’t get the hatch, would rather die from the entity instead of letting them get the hook if they want to play that way.
NoED at least has a reason for usage: increased movementspeed and being an Adrenaline counter. In the average game, you have 3 people being injured when the final gen is being done. Once the final gen is done, survivors shouldnt want to heal up untill one of the gates is opened. So the instadown from NoED is only a punishment if you wasted time healing up. However, that 4% extra movementspeed is extremely valuable in the EGC when there tends to be a decent distance between gates.
I had three last night.
It always amazes me when survivors say that. You know you always die by the entity hooked or not right? You know 99% of killers dont care which it is, especially if they brought the mori right?
Leveled up 5 survivors from lvl 1 to 50, grabbing all the keys that I could after grabbing the perks: 4 skeleton keys and 8 purple keys per survivor on average total 12 keys on average with 10-ish rings to save my keys after opening the lock(5 beads to save it if I die, but that doesnt matter)
Assuming they can all be used optimally I can use 22 keys in total, having an optimal of 88 survivors escaping the match using the hatch instead of the exit gate.
Leveled up 5 killers from lvl 1 to 50, grabbing all the mori's that I could after grabbing the perks: 9 cypress mori, 4 ivory mori and 28(ultra rare my ass) ebony mori per killer on average. Not including the fact that I could use Rancor in tandem with cypress and ivory, which is kinda unfair considering I did include the key addon to increase key usage.
Assuming they can be used optimally, thats 116 survivors being killed after only 1 hook and 9 being killed because they were the last remaining survivor, for a total of 125 dead survivors.
If I add in Rancor with Cypress and Ivory: that's 116 survivors being killed after only 1 hook, 9 being killed because they were the last remaining and 13 because they happened to be the obsession, for a total of 138 survivors being dead.
88 on average vs 125 on average is quite the difference. Especially since 1 obstructs an item slot and can be scouted out before the killer starts the match, meaning a killer could dodge it, while the other one cant be pre-emptively dodged.
Keys require quite some work to be used optimally and the longer you have to work on gens, the lower the odds of a 4 man hatch escape is possible. Ebony Mori's only require 1 hook and then snowball extremely hard since you cripple survivors extremely. Keys do not cripple a killer's ability to get kills at all: if 4 people can escape through the hatch, then they could have done so through the exit gate aswell. If 3 people are able to escape through the hatch, then they could still finish the final gen and escape instead. If 2 people escape through the hatch, the killer already got a 2k and imo not much to complain about. If 1 person escapes through the hatch with a key, then you simply got lucky you found the hatch in the first place, because hatchgames are essentially 50/50.
Ebony Mori extremely affect the chances of survivors being able to fix gens. You hook 1 person and easily cripple the opposing side permanently, reducing their efficiency to fix generators by 1/3rd(assuming you're always chasing 1 survivor), which means you can easily hook a second person while you essentially doubled the time it takes to finish all the gens, which allows easily for another hook, reducing the efficiency by 2/3rds. The only time an ebony mori doesnt work is when the survivors are extremely good at mindgaming and wont be caught twice untill 2-3 gens are done.
I have no issue with changing keys. I've run into scenarios where I've three gen'd survivors, and three of them escape through the hatch. Its no fun. But survivors have plenty of purple and iri items to go through, which helps limit keys. Killers could seriously use the same thing on their side to reduce the number of ebony mori's. They should definitely be useful Iri items. But having a few things not quite as strong as an ebony mori would be good for the game, I think.
The only killers you can get that many ebony moris are billy and leatherface and only because they are missing ultra rare addons., so it's impossible to get 28 on average. What does rancor have to do with any of this? And that's is not how the perk works. Cypress mori lets you kill the last remaining survivor, which means everyone else is either dead or escaped. So no one can help you when you're dying anyway. Even if you were hooked and there is a mori you can still work on gens, you just play stealthy, heal up and avoid going for saves. The first 2 gens for survivor are pretty much free if they are versing 110% or 115% killer with no mobility. All you gotta do is do 1 or 2 more gens depending on how many people are alive by that time and you completely ignore the rest of your objective, exit gates and any endgame perks that killer might have. While killer can be completely oblivious to the fact that there is a survivor with a key in a game.
So you played a weak killer against red ranks and got a 2k which is a tHow? Ho does that show the gen rush is real? If it was an actual gen rush 3 or 4 would have escaped
Yes, you die by the entity either way, but denying the Killer their points and wasting their time is the goal here. They want to waste the Survivors time by bringing in a red mori and killing them after first hook, I do the same for them, I waste their time by making them look for me.
...and then you still die. Nobody cares how that happens 😂😂😂😂
The spike in Ebony Mori s I've seen have come equipped with NOED as well....
If the Killer brought in a red mori and tunneled everyone after first hook, they obviously do. Especially if the hook the second to last survivor in order to find the last survivor with BBQ. It may not bother you, but I am sure others get tilted that they had to wait.
Huh? Thats not true, gen rush is how fast the gens get done, not how many escape at the end. I had time for 5 pretty short chases and the gens were done, 6th chase ended as the other two left.
I have seen a huge spike in key usage, in my last 5 games 4 of them brought a key into the game. When i see keys, i bring a mori.
No. If the killer brought a mori and morid them off first hook he wants a 4k...which he still got 😂
You can't speak for all Killers, you can only speak for yourself. Some killers play just to be toxic rather than a 4k. Besides, I run Plunderers and find keys in almost every other match.
I didnt say all, i said 99%. Youre assuming its way more than it actually is and I know this because ive had survivors try and tell my i care when i dont.
And thats fine, key counters mori 🤷♂️
Keys counter Mori's? That's news to me. I didn't realize having a key can prevent you from being Mori'd. Oh wait, they can't. So they don't counter Mori's at all. Nevermind then.
it depends on the looby, the higher the items the higher chance and if u are on pc and your profiles are public and killers see u are friends eachother the chances increases 100% more.
solution? bring baby skins llike baby dweet, baby meg, baby jake those usually get the green/free card. it works like a champ, dont play blendette, dont play legacy skins or toxic nea outfits with flashlights, dont play with the same character as the other, dont use coocky names avoid all that stuff
for me at rank 1 im getting ebonies way less oftenly with my friends aswell by avoiding using that stuff, but they are very toxic and do the 6 seconds switch a lot i ussualy dont do that because i play killer and i hate when they do that so much that i may dc on loading screen because they didnt allow me to prepare for that lol, but whatever i do play killer aswell and if i see 3 flashlights or 4 medkits id rather dodge the looby than staying and using an ebony or sweating my ass to win, i dont like playing those matches, i dont have fun or if they have 3 flashlights and i know they are SWF id rather not play because i despise moris. i hate going agaisnt them so i hate using them but sometimes i do if i know the people im going against and they were toxic like for real very toxic or whatever or if i feel they are a 4 man if i dont feel like playing an strong killer but a weak m1 killer i may bring an ivory or an ebony, but most times i will just dodge.
it doesnt really matter since as killer i get a looby every 10 seconds so no reason to stay there, also if i see a key i will dodge 95% of time i hate keys the same i hate moris. is not like " ah so these guys are using keys? then ill bring an ebony to compensate" no, i prefer to not play that game.
But you can leave without having to finish the gens...sooo yeah they kinda do. Thats why avis brought up finding them because avis gets to dip instead of being mori'd...
If you didn’t care then there would have been no need for you to have entered this conversation this the first place.
Not gonna lie all night yesterday i was using an Ebony Mori every game, got so many of them and i just wanted to finish my killer tome challenges (survivor main) got damn Iron Maiden challenge is the stupidest this ever. who da fuk is going to get in a locker when they know that perk is up.
Thats not true. I just get this message from survivors all the time and its funny to me
OMG I thought I was the only one. I'm on Xbox and every few games I'm seeing people use some sort of mori.
I found a survivor who I showed a locker to, and he jumped in for me and let me grab him. I let him go as thanks.
damn so lucky no one would do it for me T_T, had to run bubba with basement build hopefully someone with DS would hop into a locker in there.
It's not a spike. Plenty of killer mains have hoards of iri offerings and add-ons. Ebony Moris are very popular with any killer. Chainsaw boys probably have more access to Moris with the Iridescent Surprise on the bloodweb, since neither have an iri addon.
It's prettt much summer time, everyone's spending their hard earned loot, if they aren't catching a cold outside.
You'd think so right? But no, I got 35 ebony's on trapper, 25 ebony's on ghostface, 34 ebony's on doctor, 24 ebony's on Pig and 22 Ebony's on Spirit. I do lack a lot of iri addons on trapper and have relatively few on doctor, but I've had a few cases where I got 2 ebony's from the same tree(mystery box). As for Rancor, I kinda added that in since I used the key addons aswell: "Not including the fact that I could use Rancor in tandem with cypress and ivory, which is kinda unfair considering I did include the key addon to increase key usage." I mean, I could easily ignore the key addons otherwise aswell, even further proving my point, because key addons on themselves do not open hatches.
And yeah, a killer could be completely oblivious. But there are only 3 survivors that can sneak in a key without being too noticable: Steve, Yui and Meg. So a killer could go in a match without having seen that, granted. But that is the killers mistake, it literally only takes 5 seconds to spot a key and if a killer doesnt want to take 5 seconds to inspect items, then he deserves every single effect the items could have given. And even if he didnt see that: when a killer goes to pick up a survivor, the hands with key are in the middle of his screen and due to it being an animation, he can easily spend 2 seconds watching the hands because he literally has nothing else to do, and in a chase, its pretty hard not to see that one hand is constantly clenched while otherwise it would be opened. So, in practice, if 4 survivors leave through the hatch, its the killers fault for not paying any attention. While when a survivor gets mori'd they often literally couldnt do anything to prevent it. Besides that, stealth play is very limited due to audio. A killer can literally hear you breathe and if you're injured, he can hear exactly where you are. Let alone that even if the killer happens to be deaf, you wont be able to do too much in game, because once you're spotted, you're gonna be dead, so everytime the killer gets close, you wont be able to get points. You practically wont be able to unhook anyone in a risky situation and you cant tank hits for your teammates anymore. Basically, you'd have to be sandbagging your entire team to not get mori'd. In which case, you might aswell be dead.