Compensation for DCs (Please)
Please, add compensation for teammates disconnecting.
I just played a game where a claudette failed to get a pallet save (threw it too early) and dced because of it. Then the Kate dced after getting downed. The killer then proceeded to slug and kill us both with absolutely no mercy, which sucks but I don't blame them for the dcs so it's whatever (even though they were vpning.)
Problem is, I depipped because of the BS. Why don't we get more compensation for people dcing? It should be a safety pip guaranteed, because if they dc early game (like above) then we're pretty much screwed. It sucks because I am trying to get to rank 1.
And don't comment saying "GIT GUD" because if your teammate dcs when you have 5 gens left then you're screwed. End of story.
In conclusion- please.. add more compensation.
Comments
yeah if someone dc's survivors should get a gun
survivors should be able to kill the killer smh
just saying, most games with DC bans have the option for a game to be safe to leave after DC 1
Really? That's pretty sweet.
i dont agree with allowing dcs after an initial one. But i do think as a killer main survivors who stick it out after someone cowardly abandons the team should be rewarded with not depipping. I have a ton of respect for the survivors who do stay and play even tho they know 100% they've lost.
Why? Seems like a waste of time to me.
That's another reason I prefer to swf!
I'm not sure about other games but in overwatch a match v will be cancelled if some one leaves within the first 2 minutes I believe. I think2 minutes of the disconnect you can leave freely . The difference between dbd and overwatch is teams are even and you can come back with in those 2 minutes to finish the match. I don't believe this would work in dbd
Why should people be forced to play out an auto-loss
its not fun or fair for anyone
If the killer knows what they're doing though... F in chat for my fellow friends.
And yeah, I hate solo queueing at all anymore. It sucks big dong
its also unfun if everyone DC and the Killer may wasted some good addons/offering.
Survivors who tough it out and keep playing (usually because they don't want the ban/would like to at least try to safety pip) are real pepegas in a good way. Usually they don't safety pip if the killer is good though sigh//
and the survivors may have wasted offerings and items too but okay
YES! It's not just a survivor dcing thing too. It affects all players. If someone dcs, the killer should keep their addons and survivors should at least safety pip. Not sure about survs keeping their items tho.
Especially then no one should DC.
I agree that it would be good to get a DC Compensation but allowing otgers to DC too is crap.
Its a 3v1 in a game meant to be a 4v1
nobody is having fun, nobody wants to play, let everyone leave and keep there stuff
I actually don't get why people are against this, its ruins the entire match so just cancel it or let people leave lmao
It still can be fun and you still can win. I play both sides and as a Survivor i won multiple games where one DCt before first gen was done. Also i had more fun because it was more challenging.
With DC Compensation it would be fairer but i dont want to get the game canceled because of one DC
DCs aren’t always that players fault though. DC penalties are garbage they don’t need to be in a game like this because you can’t even rejoin 😂 plus they only benefit the killer to get the kill. Survivors shouldn’t be upset with someone DCing because they can still hook suicide. No matter how you view it from a survivor perspective that particular player can always find a way to blow the game. So how does implementing a DC penalty really affect survivors? Negatively. It’s just another reason to lose interest in playing. Not a good tactic. It’s not always that persons fault for DCing. Now with the killer, guarantees that he gets his kill - makes this a KILLER SIDED buff.
i mean and im rank 1 both sides but that means nothing
Imagine if in Dota you had to play out a 4v5 so the other team can still have fun, it'd be outrageous
this isnt even about fun, its about being fair
as i said giving survivors who stay in the match a safegaurd for not depipping is reward enough imo if they implemented that it would be fair imo
I don't understand why pipping or depipping is the concern here, when practically everybody knows, and the devs have even come out and said, that rank doesn't mean anything.
The thing I'm concerned with is how it will actually affect my playing experience. Rank won't determine that, but things like simply having the missing team mate, or getting significantly less bloodpoints when bringing a survivor pudding or escape cake, and things like that are things I feel are more important than just pipping. These are things I'd like to see compensated.
They were talking about adding survivor "husks" for when a survivor DCs, and IDK how they would do that, but even a brainless AI bot that just tries to work on generators or something would be much better than somebody who just instantly is out of the game without the killer having to even interact with them. Something like that might help relieve the actual gameplay pressure of having the DC. As for bloodpoints, I don't understand why the survivors can't just get a flat bonus of 1000 or whatever when a survivor DCs. I feel like 1000 is even a pretty conservative number, but anything that would make it feel like the team mate's presence in the game actually brought me something.
Def possible but hard. A good killer with no empathy will destroy a 3 man. but i respec tthose who stay even with the odds.
Thats what good games with better developers do.
in dbd its like what, 600 points? And a big “sucks to be you” thrown in
I'm not saying everyone cares about rank, but for people trying to get achievements, this stuff can really hurt their progress. Especially when it happens multiple times in a row. And I do agree with what you said as well!
But dcing doesn't only affect survivors; not only does it prevent a killer from getting the 4k, it can also ruin their chances of keeping their items at the end of the match.
I do think they should, if someone leaves the game, give you the option to leave with no pip or losing item/offering penalty. For survivors and killer. Because it sucks. The person who leaves first, however, SHOULD get a penalty, because they're the *sshole in the situation.
I think I said everything I meant to say but I may of forgot something Dx I'm distracted rn
I see your concerns. If the achievement is what you're after, then I don't even think you have much to worry about. I know I said the devs said rank doesn't mean anything, which is still true, but they at least acknowledge that it's more of an indicator of how much you play the game, rather than skill. So even if you get rough matches you're bound to end up climbing if you put in the time. I agree with what you say here though, especially with the "it doesn't just affect survivors" part. It's shocking, but there's people I've seen on here that actually think that the survivors are the only ones that get screwed over when survivors DC. Nice to see somebody that can respond respectfully and contribute ideas.
And I guess I should specify, I'm not even against guaranteeing a safety pip minimum for a team that had a DC or whatever. I just think that I personally would prefer prioritizing more game influencing things first and then consider something like that.
Good luck on that journey to that top rank though. Hope it doesn't end up being too rough!
They should give all non dcers 20k bp per DC killer included. The fact is most DC are 1 I'm butt hurt killer caught me so fast.
2 I DC cause gens are going too fast
You know things like u don't like map abc or killer abc or a key or a Mori
Point is who's gonna leave knowing they didn't deny anyone bp. That's why people DC lol you caught me but no hook for you. Or ok 2 mins 3 gens done go back to the survivor lobby for you.
survivors get points when a dc happens. it's called "Abandoned"
I had a post about this recently! I personally think that the game should instantly finish one gen (and only one) if any number of Survivors DC in the first minute or so. Right now the game gives Abandoned which is 500 BP to everyone.
Completing 5 gens and opening an Exit Gate and picking up slugs/unhooking as a team of 3 is miserable. I've personally never won it and the 500 point for a random person being a sore loser doesn't feel like proper compensation.
I also think that if the Killer DC's in the first minute then the Survivor's should get the points equivocal to 1 gen and 1 escape. It'd make the 10-15 minute wait time between matches feel a little less brutal if the reward for someone throwing a tantrum and ending the fun of 4 people was a bit sweeter.
But these are just my thoughts! ^_^
maybe if they got rid of the need to struggle for dc's and make dc's more punishable. this ######### wouldnt need to be addressed
Agreed. Someone DC also screws over killers as well, since they can't get the hook points too pip, so if 2 people leave before they get hooked it's a guaranteed safety which is BS. They should add the AI survivors like in Mobile too fix this issue.