What usually ends up getting you killed? (Solo)

Just a quick question to the community because I am curious about the answers.

What usually ends up getting you killed during a SOLO Survivor game?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I guess this is why Kindred in Solo queue is so useful.

  • Made a mistake that led to me being hooked.

  • Even Kindred doesn't help.

    In fact I usually just die because I teammate had no idea what they are doing. They just wander around aimlessly and wait for hatch. Not to say I never die to my own mistakes but damn it some times teammates are the worst.

  • Where is the "I just die on the hook" option. I am pretty sure this is the most common way to die in DbD.

  • CLAUDETTE! STOP ######### SELF CARING!

  • @Keezo said:

    CLAUDETTE! STOP ######### SELF CARING!

    I feel this post.

    So.

    Much.

  • Teammates leaving me on the hook and me usually being terrible at getting away from the killer

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Just a quick question to the community because I am curious about the answers.

    What usually ends up getting you killed during a SOLO Survivor game?

    Trusting teammates

    or

    Being the martyr

  • Dedicated servers + sometimes i get tunneled.

  • I use Kindred, so please tell me why my teammates still don't come get me?

    Nevermind, I forgot that Selfcare > Teammates, my bad.

  • 90% of the time, it's just me being stupid.

  • me being a potatoe

  • Altruism, every time. I play with a real "no troll left behind" view and get killed more often than not trying to get other team members out. Most likely, hooks after the exit is open.

  • Becoming a potato when being chased and trying to help my team

  • One of two things usually:

    My teammates not doing gens while I'm being chased all over the map.

    Me constantly getting found and downed because I'm the only one trying to do gens.

    I give an honorable mention to teammates killing themselves on hook or being tunneled to death.

  • I get tunneled constantly. You could say it blends into camping, but that is how I die.

  • Teammates that do nothing but walk/crouch around the map (at red ranks) and don’t even do gens and go down within 30 seconds in a chase

  • It's kind of curious that there is no "I just got outplayed" poll option, though I suppose that's what "Other" is for it still seems like an obvious answer.

    I mean there are two real answers here that are mysteriously devoid of being an option. 1 my teammates were garbage, or 2 I was garbage. Pretty simple really

    I find in Red Ranks I'm normally queued with pretty experienced players (even if not all of them are all that great) so I don't really have a problem with being farmed off the hook, being left on the hook, at the same time killers at that rank know that in most situations (save for certain exceptions) camping is just not all that viable. It is at low ranks, cause people are dumb, good luck trying that crap as a rank 1 killer you will just get smoked. At the same time I don't see too many Moris out there, they pop up every now and then but, being an Ace main I guess you could say I've been pretty lucky.

    That's about the short of it really

  • 3rd hook because I messed up in chases? I don't understand why this option isn't here, it's like you cant loose because the killer is just better than you..

    And also, in my experience, it's uncommon that people simply leave me on the hook. Most of the cases when this happens is because the unhook would be way too unsafe, and honestly I don't blame them. I think people on this poll are not completely honest or just remember their bad games..

  • Mostly my own mistake, including being too altruistic to get someone else out.

    But I dont care about surviving that much. It only grinds my gears if that person I rescued (and died for) messes up and dies as well.

  • Teammates leaving you on the hook

  • Everyone else just annoying the killer, leaving gens to me. When they do get them all, I have to deal with either getting door or hatch, because survivors can be idiotic in how they play a match.

  • @Pok said:

    3rd hook because I messed up in chases? I don't understand why this option isn't here, it's like you cant loose because the killer is just better than you..

    And also, in my experience, it's uncommon that people simply leave me on the hook. Most of the cases when this happens is because the unhook would be way too unsafe, and honestly I don't blame them. I think people on this poll are not completely honest or just remember their bad games..

    Don'tcha know, survivors have enough second chance perks where they don't need skill to outplay killers! XD

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    I use Kindred, so please tell me why my teammates still don't come get me?

    Nevermind, I forgot that Selfcare > Teammates, my bad.

    They're wanting the most out of kindred, that's all... Feels bad though. : /

  • The toxicity of swf's

  • its usually just teammates being extremely overaltruistic and all rushing the hook at once, giving the killer multiple free hooks in the process.

    so by the time i get hooked once, basically everyone else is eigther on deathhook or already dead - and we have max. 3 gens done.


    thats why Kindred is a must have perk for me - i know when its on me to save / when its safe to do so and they know there is someone else going for the rescue / when the killer camps me.

  • For me what usually gets me killed is me not knowing the loops, now I have been playing this game for a few months now but I still need to memorize the loops particularly now when they changed the maps. But it usually is me who gets myself killed, and what the problem is that when I do run to a loop their is no pallet or its already broken. But it is usually my fault I get hooked no one elses.

  • An equal combination of teammates hiding all game, teammates farming me off the hook, or teammates not knowing how to loop a killer.

    More often than not, even horrible game design.

  • Just being and idiot and being greedy with pallets, but mostly being and idiot.

  • Reason I now only play with friends.

    I've been left to die so often on the hook with KINDRED!

  • I always hate it when you're playing with swf and you power up a gen or are just crossmap. final gen pops, and bam, they open the gate. And now you're in a race against time vs somebody like bubba, ghostface, Shape, or any noed. You cant risk opening the other gate cus if you get caught you're dead, you can't go for the gate cus what if they use their power or have noed. So its either get lucky with the hatch or get lucky finding the noed. And its really just a matter of getting lucky with not running into the killer. And then there's always the issue of the hatch / noed spawning right by the gates. It's one of those issues that only occurs one in 10 times the gates even get powered, but when it does, you just kinda instinctively know that the game is lacking here. You can't help but feel like you should be able to do something but, haha the hatch / noed spawned near the killer / gate. So you're dead.

  • @casonius said:

    I always hate it when you're playing with swf and you power up a gen or are just crossmap. final gen pops, and bam, they open the gate. And now you're in a race against time vs somebody like bubba, ghostface, Shape, or any noed. You cant risk opening the other gate cus if you get caught you're dead, you can't go for the gate cus what if they use their power or have noed. So its either get lucky with the hatch or get lucky finding the noed. And its really just a matter of getting lucky with not running into the killer. And then there's always the issue of the hatch / noed spawning right by the gates. It's one of those issues that only occurs one in 10 times the gates even get powered, but when it does, you just kinda instinctively know that the game is lacking here. You can't help but feel like you should be able to do something but, haha the hatch / noed spawned near the killer / gate. So you're dead.

    I realize now that I am addressing two different things here but my main issue is definitely the second part.

  • *Teammates leaving you on the hook*

    happens me a lot of times (and they are rank "red").

  • Can't decide between bad teammates and tunneling. But I go for the killer wanting me to get out of the game, because bad teammates would be the first choice when talking about why the game ended in a 4k

  • I’m going to have to say both letting me bleed out and killer camping the hook. I guess even sometimes teammates letting me die on the hook.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Just a quick question to the community because I am curious about the answers.

    What usually ends up getting you killed during a SOLO Survivor game?

    I either die first and no one saves me, or I die last without ever seeing and no one saves me. I do not understand how to play if I 1 and fix and save and last Vishu, and the mancers and especially the killer get 2 times more blood points if not 3. Saw off the chili maphack barbecue so that it bites side effects for the killer and establish a balance for the survivors playing over the link, complicate the game strictly for them. NOT FOR SOLO PLAYERS

  • One obvious option: when a bad teammate used up all the god pallets in a single chase but the chase itself lasted less than 20 seconds. Then I get killed because there are no pallets in the map.

  • low fps, freezes, and not being able to pull down pallets from the front are the main causes of my destruction.

  • I like how there isn't a: It's my own fault I died and I need to get better option

    Let's be honest, it's probably our own fault most of the time and we need to stop blaming others for our own inadequacies

  • once I got left on a hook during a match with a farmer. they were 2 hooking everyone but didn't tell us to get chase points easier (he had a hunt ritual he wanted to do). I got hooked the second time and struggled until death. one was being chased, another let go on 2nd hook, and the last wasn't doing anything. just running around aimlessly, often running past gens. that sucked.

  • Bad teammates not playing the goddamn objective.

  • Even if i want to blame my teammates, if i end on the hook its entirelly my fault, masking it wont do any good :)

  • I get tunneled when my team is being useless

  • I voted for other by mistake but I always die solo to rank 20 survivors who don't know how to unhook.... And I'm not even rank 20 and the killer ends up being in red ranks or something its ridiculous

  • stop..#########..self..caring...please...

  • Teammates not understanding that time crunch is everything and aimlessly wandering across the map, not doing anything at all, thus making the match way longer than it could/should be.

    I should get better at looping though, I'm not that bad but I could be way better... this however will do no good if my teammates are still wondering around the map while I'm looping the killer INSTEAD OF DOING THE DAMN GENS.

  • I usually die bc i don't know how to loop and i gotta practice the timing with pallets and skillchecks

‹ 1 2