Killer is supposed to kill.
Hi guys. Something funny crossed my mind after a game. I was playing Michael and killed 3 people. I didn't really try to put pressure and ######### and still got them.
The killer's job is supposed to be killing survivors right? Then why am I not being rewarded for doing the actually only necessary thing I'm supposed to do?


2 gold medals (3 kills basically) = a big ''######### you'' in the killers face.
Pretty good job devs, your emblem system is only nice for survivors.
Comments
I'm just guessing here, so please make any corrections:
Camped the first guy (lowest score).
Camped the second guy (second lowest score).
NOED allowed you to catch the third guy (second highest score).
Fourth guy escaped.
I think that you camp survivors, the first survivor has few points, killing does not mean you're going to win the game.
I didn't camp. I was like 36 or 50 meters distance at all times. They just didn't save. Not my fault
You have bronze in Chaser, so either you let Survivors go every single time you found them, or just didn't find them at all. A third option is that you caught them before the chase had time to trigger, which is a common problem with the Shape.
The emblem system is a tool for guiding you to play certain playstyles that would be considered enjoyable for both sides of the match.
Play a style that is more frowned on by the other side, you don't get rewarded as much.
What do you expect?
Do you think all survivors in the match get rewarded for hosing a killer and getting all gens done and escaping after 3 or 4 minutes? No.
As a matter of fact, survivors do pip most of the time when escaping after a gen rush. And do you think killers have fun after a game of pallet looping? I don't think we like running in circles. Would u if u were a killer?
What u just said is utter crap tbh xD Since the game is mostly only enjoyable for survivors
I'm getting the feeling wants killers to play Nurse and nothing else anymore
I didn't camp tho. Standing at 50 meters distance and patrolling isn't camping xD.
If you don't know this by now, Survivors consider everything short of a completely free and safe unhook to be "camping". You cannot hinder them in any way or you're "camping".
That was my thought also. You can get no kills double that score and still secure a pip.
Well, lore-wise the Entity's playing with survivors, so simply killing them is boring...
Well I play both al the way to rank 1 and always get ez matches by gen rushing and always pip and as a killer always get pallet loopers. It's a fact and if ur denying that one then you're an obvious cliché survivor main
They mostly don't white pip... I play allot of survivor... One... Maybe 2 will be lucky to get a white pip.. Usually though it is 3 people getting a black pip and one survivor getting the white pip.
You should actually play survivor and do gen rushes consistently on killers and you'll see that for yourself.
If the killer doesn't get much chases in and can't hook anyone... you'd be lucky as a survivor to black pip. Survivors look at this as being punished for bad killers, cause they were too good for them.
This is sort of the same situation. The killer was too good, and killed the game off either too quickly and/or didn't meet the requirements of the emblem system.
You should lose the chip on your shoulder, and you'll have a better time playing this game.
No, they don't at all lmao.
Yes they do. Just had a match where there was always one person running to the hook and I came back. Then they blocked the hook and after that ''trick'' I one shot all of them with one EW3. Then followed the insults in the chat xD
As I already said. I'm a rank 1 survivor as well. I gen rush like there's no tomorrow. Ez pips and points
Dude. You're a survivor main through and through. I don't need the numbers. I and thousands of people have the experience. Survivors are just to ignorant to notice all that since it doesn't affect them in a bad way
I had MYC (tier I, mind you) trigger no less than 5 times in a single trial, and I was still accused of camping.
That's 100% bullshit. No they don't.
Lightbringer points are shared between the team. Benevolent points come from the killer actually hitting and hooking people, and Evader requires interaction with the killer. Gen rushing through a 3-4 minute game does not let you pip by a long shot.
And the Survivors' job is to SURVIVE. By your own logic, hiding in a locker all game and sprinting into the exit gate should guarantee pips too.
He's just bitching that he isn't getting points for facecamping. I've seen basement LFs get more points than this guy.
Insults in chat = being accused of camping? lel.
Might have killed them too fast. I know its dumb. Did you hook all 3 3 times each or did their friends let them die on the hook? Because that takes away some chase and hook points for you. And the game punishes you for the other side being bad. >.>
I suggest reading up on how each emblem gets points, then try to work around that. Kinda dumb but w/e devs dont play their own game.
xD Face camping u say? You might as well leave this thread if ur spewing nonsense
Oh I know how the emblems work and I've read them. They let the surv die. But I lose points that way and I lose points if they unhook him xD The system is against the killer in every aspect.
Sure...
Good for you. You show a lacking in understanding on how the emblem system works and the reason it came to be.
Why don't you get Pips just for just killing? That system already was in place before the emblem system. So why would they change it, if it was working great for killers? The killer emblem system could have just been made to count kills and not all the other stuff. So why all the extra stuff for killers?
Getting to rank 1 in this game has no reflection on how well you play this game or understand it.
I don't even know where the pallet looping part came into the discussion of why you didn't get a white pip in your match. Even your original post says nothing about looping. You are throwing stuff out there to confuse the fact you don't understand how the emblem system works.
I play both sides. Enough to see where both sides can make different arguments about the mechanics in this game.
If you understood why you lost on the emblem points in that match you would have never made this post.
Why don't you get double the points for chaser when you one shot people?
Why don't you get full malicious points when you kill someone with a mori?
Why don't you get full devout and malicious when you slug and bleed out survivors?
Why do survivors get their lightbringer points split when co-op repairing a gen?
Why don't survivors get emblem points for destroying dull totems?
Why don't survivors get emblem points for sabo'ing hooks?
Why don't survivors get emblem points for healing themselves?
Answering some of these questions and you will open your eyes to emblem system and why it just isn't about how well you played, but how well you played the match WITH other people. The game just isn't about THE KILLER... or THE SURVIVOR, it is about the entire match and all the players in it.
Letting them be unhooked can *possibly* cost you 25% Devout and up to 14% Malicious (2 hook stages), but stands a decent chance of returning those points while also giving you another 7% Malicious (2 hits) and another 12% Chaser.
When you consider that the likelihood of you not pipping increases every time a survivor gets one-hooked, it's not even a gamble. You *will* lose if they all get one-hooked, but letting them get unhooked means you *might* lose. I've had games where I've pipped without sacrificing anyone. I've also had games where I've safety pipped when sacrificing everyone.
Unfortunately, Myers and the Chainsaw Boys (new band name!) have some handicaps with this system, and i feel the devs need to address these problems. Grabbing someone off a generator costs you all of the Malicious and Chaser points you could have gotten from chasing them and hitting them twice. Similarly, chainsawing or EW3'ing someone down mid-chase costs you half of those points and a surprise chainsaw/EW3 with no chase costs the other half of the Chaser points.
Guys, i think @KillingInstinct and @NextKillerSpongebob are the same person xD
What do you think @chemical_reject and @Mc_Harty??
@Vietfox Honestly, if it is, it would belong in a Top 10 Anime Twists by WatchMojo.
From My experience if i 3 man i will 100 pip. But thats probably because i leave the 3rd survivor on the ground or hook them 3 times if possible too.
What i think happened is that you got gen rushed and used NOED and evil 3 to kill them . And 1 got 1 hooked too.
You guys all got low scores. The only reason the first two survivors got that high of a score is because of their BBQ invitation, otherwise everyone would be sitting at around 14k points.
Looks like they gen rushed but you managed to snag a few kills without much of a chase.
If you get genrushed, you are very likely not to get a pip. Yes its sad, but if survivors dont want you to pip, then you will have a very hard time piping
Oh and btw, you can pip with 0 kills and you can only blackpip with 4 kills, yes the emblem system is weird
I play both sides as well so don't worry about me not understanding survivor side.
And I very well do understand the emblem system. It is trash tho and many people agree with me.
I know u xD. You're known for stopping by threads of a lot of people and tend to only stand on the survivor side. Sorry that my few comments are on threads or a thread of ''KillingInstinct''. Not sure why I would be the same person as him/her tho just because I commented on one of his/her threads.
That's a typical score for a face camper. You didn't "kill" anybody you just got a hook and camped until death that's not even playing the game properly you deserved far less to be honest. Killers like you really should consider not playing DBD (I mean that in the nicest way possible).
Not because you commented in one of his threads, that's just an extra, but because you talk almost the same way he does.
"and tend to only stand on the survivor side" Read this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/14272/since-swf-seems-to-be-an-issue-this-might-be-a-solution
So standing over 52 meters or something like that is even considered camping to survivor players nowadays? Sorry that playing normally doesn't suit your tastes
I will take your one post into consideration of my opinion. How am I talking like him though? Just because I am more on the killer side like a lot of other people?
No, the words you use. Feel free to check @KillingInstinct profile and see for yourself. I advise you to read "Last Survivor" and "Pallet looping" posts.
ugh double post yuck!
Well let's review the evidence shall we??
You can argue until the cows come home but your screenshot tells the story.