Its getting boring facing survivors using the same meta perks all the time
ds,dead hard,borrowed time,adrenaline,sprint burst,unbreakable
There is no diversity,99% of all survivors run the same perks all the time,its getting boring.Slug for ds,dont chase the unhooked survivor because borrowed time,wait for dead hard before hitting in a chase,when slugging dont go too far in case of unbreakable,sprint burst,simple and easy escape perk,adrenaline,literally every swf I faced runs this,to make sure after they genrush they all escape.I dont think I had a single match where a survivor didn't have at least 2 of these perks in combination,other notable perks but not nearly as used are,balanced landing,iron will,lithe.Its just not fun winning a chase and the survivor to just patch it up near a pallet with dead hard,leave the hooked survivor for 10 seconds,someone with borrowed time will deny you any down and if unlucky with the position you wont even hit the survivor that camed for the save then commit into chasing him to avoid ds,no wonder so many killers hook near a generator cluster and instead they just facecamp.Dealing with 1 survivor that runs these perks is fine but when all of them do especially in swf do,all you can do is try and hope for the best,get a few hits and pray one of them makes a mistake hopefully resulting in getting a kill.Being a killer in red ranks is just painful,there is no room for fun or mistakes if you want to at least not derank.Killers have some really good perks too but the big difference is a killer is alone and cant abuse meta perks by being able to stack them 4 times together..Maybe do something like survivors to not be able to run the same perks at the same time or at least limit them to 2 copies per game.This will not only bring diversity but also make the matches more fun for everyone,for survivors with experience there is no challenge anymore when using these perks.
Comments
I personally don't use many META perks unless I'm doing a very certain build (DS in a locker build, Dead Hard in a vaulting build, etc.) But I completely understand why people don't want to shift from the META, the other perks that they are given are awful, the devs have given them so many restrictions in order to avoid abuse when the perk would have already been situational. Even then, that's not to mention the perks that are simply just useless, most red rank survivors wouldn't really find something like This Is Not Happening or Technician very useful would they? If people want survivors to shift from the current META, the devs need to do a serious overhaul of perks because frankly, a lot of them have been useless on release.
The same goes for killers that have a lot of not so useful perks too but the difference is there is much more diversity depending on what killer you play and what kind of power he has.Some perks are really good on a killer but really bad on another,for survivor its all the same,same perks are just as good on any survivor.
It's getting boring playing against the same killers using the same meta perks over and over again.
One side can't complain about the other when both sides do the same thing, constantly.
Both sides use the same perks, both sides are equally as toxic, both sides play scummy.
I think killer perks have a wider range and dont rely on the same 6 perks every game if you ask me.Not to mention it matters a lot what killer you play since not every perk work just as well on any.
Honestly I've seen more variety in killer perks since the ruin nerf. BBQ is still everywhere obviously but there's a good reason to use it outside of its in-game effect.
It’s getting boring with every killer using sloppy thana and pop, it’s also geting boring playing slug simulator, the hit boxes are also boring would you like the list to continue?
every killer,are you sure about that?
@Dzeikor oh I do apologise majority of killers
The simple reason survivors run those perks, is because the grand majority of the other survivor perks ard too weak to justify using.
The meta perks of DS, BT, and "insert exhaustion perk" are simply because whats the point of gimping yourself running other perks. Most perks survivors have have effects that either do something unnecessary (alert, technician, buckle up etc.), where the effect is barely useful even when it works
Then theres perks that barely add an effect. (Premonition, This is not happening, breakdown etc.), where you see almost no benefit from running the perk. Then theres perks that are good but require other perks to make useful in conjunction with others due to how niche they are (dance with me, detectives hunch, tenacity etc.)
And then theres aura reading perks, that have alot of overlap so you only need to run 1 of them, and even then notmal game sense or being in a group of friends means alot of these don't see competitive use (bond, empathy, better together, aftercare etc.)
When you think about it, survivors have a fair amount of perks they do use, its just alot accomplish the same goals, and the 2 most powerful perks (DS/BT) are the ones that are used the most.
In my own matches as killer i see alot of Quick and Quiet, Self care, Inner Strength, For the People, Iron Will, Spine Chill, Adrenaline, Lithe/Balanced Landing/Sprint Burst/Dead Hard, Head on, Urban Evasion, We'll Make It, Deliverance, Object of Obsession, and im even seeing a surge of players using Calm Spirit and Off the Record (maybe a streamers influenced people)
You can't compare survivors running perks to killers running perks, as the fact multiple killer powers interact differently with perks means that of course build diversity is much higher on killer than survivor, but that dont mean theres no perk diversity on survivor.
Because Killers play different from each other. Like, you can use Enduring on M1-Killers, but someone like Spirit or Hag will not benefit from it, but those two will benefit from Nurses Calling, which will less effective on a Trapper for example. A Billy can use Infectious Fright, while it does not make much sense to use Stridor on him, while it is a great Perk for Spirit, but Infectious Fright would be useless on her.
Surely you see more diversity in Killer Perks (BBQ aside, people are using it just for the BPs, even if the Aura Read is not that useful on some Killers)
@Topic:
What to expect? There are not many good Survivor Perks and the ones released are not worth running at all. You are basically fine with the Basegame and the Halloween-DLC. Nerfing Balanced Landing is something that forces a Meta even more, if one of the few, really good Perks for Survivor, is nerfed, surely more people are running the same Perks.
At the moment i use Spine chill, Urban invasion and iron will and sprintburst. I like playing sneaky, but also use a perk with which i can get away fast enough if the killer finds me.
Complaining about survivor perks as killer is quite hilarious, cause killers force most of these perks onto survivors by playing like douchebags. As survivors if you dont play DS, BT, unbrekable its most of the time the worst games possible. Some chapters ago I tried playing fun builds as survivor and gave up after some days. If killer will just make this game miserable to everybody else, those perks are the only resort to this bs.
I run self care on survivor all the time because I dont care for some of them players out there that want to tell us not to use it, I brought the game you don't tell me how I'm going to play 😂 and because I dont trust randoms to help me. I don't run second chance perks because then it just makes playing survivor easier then it already is, the only exhaustion perk I use sometimes is head on, not always, I just like to have fun with it now and then. I like spine chill because I'm an idiot when it comes to pay attention to stealth killers, and I like that couple seconds head start to make it run for it because I'm a pu**y 😂 my other two perk slots, basically just what I feel like using at that time of playing. I try to make things abit more challenging for myself otherwise the game just easy and becomes boring. I have been telling myself to stop using spine chill and try something else, but you know the devs creat a ton of rubbish perks that even the most useless player wouldnt even use lol
Yeah, like self care
Oh yeah I know, but I'm getting bored of that now 😂 my main reason for it was protest against bossy survivors, I was going to try out that Jane healing perk, but I never see anyone using it, so I'm like is bad?
I rarely play Meta Perks. When I am in a SWF, everyone keeps complaining, that I am not using Adrenaline (Which I started to use sometimes, cause I almost always get hunted down when the last gen pops), Borrowed time, etc.
What I am using often is Calm Spirit for example, everyone says that it's a bad perk, and that can be true, depending on how you play. I personally prefer to play passive, trying to not get caught by the killer, etc. So I don't use CS, cause i know I need it, I use it preventive, so in the case of the killer having a perk or anything that makes me scream, I won't do that (and to be honest, of 100 rounds, I scream at least in 45). I also switch other perks, depending on what I like to use in this round. I don't play strategically, but as long as the killer is not smurfing, tunnelling or camping, I have fun
I run no exhaustion perks and no DS on my most common survivor build. I have yet to feel as though even the majority of games would have been significantly better had I ran those. In red ranks, btw, so not in baby killer zones. The few times you do get scumbags in those ranks stand out as being unusual, not the norm.
There are plenty of strong survivor perks, they just have restrictions. Same thing as killer perks, there are plenty of killer perks that are needlessly over balanced
exactly, still mostly killers perks are getting heavy nerfs, survivors perks got little changes that actually made (some of ) them even better, DS is the example, dead hard is still the same but now due dedicated servers is not that impressive as used to be still for distance is insanely good.
then Unbrekable is situational i never had a problem with it, adrenalien used to be stronger as far as i know and is kind of fine at the moment and finally BT wich imo should get changed because today is being used to hook bomb/farm survivor not even allowing the killer to leave imo there should be another requirements or conditions like camping for certain amount of time or so to avoid literally getting hook bombed in your face even if in most cases (unless 2 or even 3 survivors body blocking the area) would be punished hardly sometimes u cant even do that because they didnt even allow you to leave, is kind of OP and should get some changes, because actual BT just got buffed is even stronger than used to be, and thats the case with most survivors perks they were barely touched or they actually got buffed, the last big big change/nerf to survivors was exhaustion status and pretty much because of the simple fact that survivors were able to recharge their sprint burst while running also using Vigil, was hilarious and needed a change (took a lot of time to get adressed tho) not talking about objects/items like insta heals because they should have never existed to begin with same goes with toolboxes cuting survivor repair time by half (another problem that took 4 years to get adressed).... also those are items not perks and exhaustion status afected perks massively.
in exchange for killers perks wich got massively nerfed as for example Ruin without giving any kind of compensation at all. now our best bet is Corrupt wich is good but requires more skill as killer to use properly and the game is way harder than used to be for killers now, is fairer yes (still unbalanced) but harder in the highest ranks were you get rushed in 5 minutes casue you made 1 mistake. is hilarious.
Cause most other perks downright suck.
Tbf I dislike running the meta too, as you said, because it's really boring for me. But Holy... Since the event startet I have to run them, because killers would facecamp me and tunnel me as soon as I have a crown. So until the event is over Im gonna run the meta perks.
There isn’t just one amazing build every killer main can run though. A build for a GF would differ greatly from a good Myers build. I don’t have a problem with survivors running the meta but don’t pretend like the killers don’t have much more diverse builds.
Honestly there isn't as much diversity for killers as you might think. Simply because 95% of perks for both killers and survivors are VERY niche. So people are just using the most efficient perks due to poor game design.
I don't mean to say the "niche perks" are bad, but BHVR wants variety and they're making perks that don't serve that purpose. Since there's no point using these niche perks outside of you have nothing better to do.
This goes for both killers and survivors. If you want people to use more of the perks available they need to have an impact on the game or how it's played, not just a select few that apply every match and others that may be useful 20-30% of the time.
I completely disagree. I love running off meta builds, and I hate this attitude that "anything that does not give me a fixed +1 hit is trash."
The diversity for killers mostly comes from the fact killer powers are so wildly different, so each killer uses many different perks. Like for example, on wraith i use nurses calling, sloppy butcher and save the best for last, which are all good perks. However there is almost no point running those perks on plague or hillbilly, simply because their powers are so different
I do agree though, killers do have universally good perk that crop up alot, such as BBQ, PGTW, hex: NOED, spirit fury/enduring etc. but alot of the time you see builds more suited to the killers using them. Survivors dont have that forced diversity, since ultimately they're just skins. The perks that are good on Jake are just as good on Meg or Tapp, Cheryl, Yui or whoever
Finally, its also dangerous for Behaviour to add perks that are just super good im every match, making them meta off the bat. Best example for that was Mettle of Man, as everyone can agree that was the single most busted perk they added and had to rightly nerf. In the past few releases, there hasn't actually been any diabolically bad perks (besides one Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker, they are worse than just bad), which i think is a good thing. Perks like Dead mans switch, Soul guard and Off the Record are niche, but no useless and very good when they're pulled off correctly. They just suffer from not being Borrowed Time or NOED
You're not entirely wrong but there's a better reason for killers than survivors.
Only certain killers are capable of putting up a fight against the current meta, and only a few select killer perks are good in general and even fewer that are good on all killers. Killers get much more diversity due to the nature of being way more unique than survivors.
Survivors aren't unique and the all benefit the same from perks no matter what. Something I'd like to see is maybe only 1 of that perk per match. No more x4 DH, BT, SB, DS, etc. Only 1 person gets that perk. Force diversity up in this #########.
The people I play with and I are all in agreement, we are tired of running those perks but guess what they are absolutely necessary! I have played too many matches were there is no Obsession and the killer has free reign to insta tunnel. The killer decides to slug everyone and no one has Unbreakable? Yeah that's going to be fun. Unfortunately these perks are prerequisites, perhaps if Killers change their play style people could be more diverse with their perk builds.
Once you have a survivor build you’re happy with, there isn’t much reason to change it. All survivors play exactly the same and the build you settle on is usually one that helps in most matches. Until there are more viable perks, this will never change.
At least with killer you have different perks to synergise with your power. Survivors don’t have that diversity though.
The problem here is more survivor perks are situational than killer perks.
Below is a list of all survivor perks with my ratings using the legend above (I couldn't figure out how to get this into a spoiler sorry)
There could be an additional game mode, offering greater rewards, but focusing on non-SWF and always randomized perks and add-ons, based on what you have already earnt. Keep the ranks for the current game format so people can still play, and add another game mode where people can try for shards, bp, cosmetics or cells by competing in randomized events.
I agree, metas are dull and uninspired, but people have reason for them, depending on what they want out of the game. There's no point in "punishing" them for meta builds or (in survivor case) SWF, but there should be an incentive for those willing to to test themselves.
There would be argument for then one gameplay taking over the other - killers moving to the randomized game-mode, resulting in extensive waiting times for SWF, but there is a way through this: by adding a new currency and side-objective in the original mode:
This currency can be gathered throughout the map. Maybe a ticket or a coin. Once gathered, you cannot lose it, even if sacrificed or mori'd or 0k'd. This currency could be used a bit like slots into the old arcade machines, allowing you to compete in the higher-reward games. They could even be purchaseable (although this may lead to limits in how many you can hold). But that may there are incentives and extras for both modes.
Sorry I've gone off topic a little, but this may make things more interesting.
If you need meta perks to win, you probably suck at the game. Just saying.
Killer main using all meta killer perks complaining about survivors using meta perks. What is life.
What do you expect? the last meta perk survivors got was Dead Hard and thats from chapter 5, after it Inner Strength and Deliverance are the only decent perks, anything else is just memes or situational or awful.