90% of the music I listen to is old school rap. Or just rap songs I find good. Then there's some good classics, that I listen to, that aren't rap, dont know exactly what genre those songs are, but some good examples are Stand by me, and Life could be a dream.
I'm into a lot of genres tbh, depends on the mood I'm in. Mostly it's indie folk/rock, chillstep/melodic dubstep, ambient, video game/movie soundtracks...anything on youtube that sounds good.
Other for me. I listen to the kinda stuff Julie probably puts on her mixed tapes. Gloomy, melodic, dark sounding stuff with a lot of synth. I have quite a bit of alternative and indie rock mixed in too.
I like a bit of everything, but rock music holds a special place in my heart. Everything from Jimi Hendrix to Kittie to the Goo Goo Dolls. Recently started getting into a bit of Kpop. Dream Perfect Regime is my latest discovery, and I'm hooked.
In which case I think we should drag in @KiwiCoattails too.
On topic, here's a screenshot of my main playlist on shuffle and my most recently played things.
ItsIt's genuine chaos, its all over the place, and it love it when it goes from dubstep to kpop to metal to rock and people wonder what the hell I'm into. Hence the vote for other, but if I had to pick one major genre rn it'd be Kpop, rock, or EDM. It all depends on the day
Jazz is my absolute favorite. I've always been a fan of the more complicated and experimental instrumentals. Also I've been playing piano for over 15 years and a good chunk of those 15 years were spent with a music teacher who played mostly jazz, so it holds a special place in my heart. I don't actively listen to one single artist, but 2 songs that really stick out to me are Dave Brubeck's "Lost Waltz", and George Benson's version of "Take Five".
But I like just about everything really. Jazz, rock, metal, country, blues, classical, a cappella, electronic... You name it, and there's a good chance I might like.
I never liked rap or EDM, though. I don't like music that repeats itself a ######### ton, which rap and EDM both typically do (not saying repetition is inherently bad, just not my cup of tea).
Jazz is my jam, specially early 30s, Al Bowlly and Rudy Vallee are amazing.
That’s interesting! I only started to listen to Jazz after a holiday to Italy with my family. I really enjoyed the music that they had playing in the restaurant and when I commented this aloud, my Mom told me it was Jazz. After my family and I went home, I opened up spotify, went to the Jazz section and the rest is history. My personal favourites are more modern Smooth Jazz. I don’t really have any favourite song(s) but I’d be happy to give some examples of what I like to listen to when I get home if either of you would like. If not then that’s absolutely fine! Regardless, have a lovely day everyone.
Ah man, didn’t realise I was responding to old comments until I’d already posted my comment. My apologies for that.
Alrighty, these are some songs I'm enjoying as of right now: (FYI These are all on Spotify)
Quintastic by Deon Yates
BITTERSWEET by Skinny Hightower
Staycation by Tony Craddock, Jr
A-Game by Neamen Lyles.
I listen to more than this but I'd be here all day if I listed every song I enjoy, lol. Glad to see others enjoy Jazz, it seems quite niche these days in comparison to more popular genres.
I've been into rock ever since I was little, probably because my parents had the genre playing all the time. Metal is usually ear-candy as well, but I get burnt out on it much quicker.
Three Days Grace has always been my "go-to" band, but lately I've been listening to:
Breaking Benjamin
Godsmack
Bad Wolves
There's more I could list off but for the sake of time I'm just going to leave it at 3.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I personally listen to alot of different metal throughout all the many subgenres but if I had to pick a favorite band it'd be Slipknot.
No favourite, just everything that is good.
^
This
90% of the music I listen to is old school rap. Or just rap songs I find good. Then there's some good classics, that I listen to, that aren't rap, dont know exactly what genre those songs are, but some good examples are Stand by me, and Life could be a dream.
Not a fan of just one particular genre.
Rap is probably one of my least favorites, but i still have a couple of songs of that genre that i really like.
Jazz is my jam, specially early 30s, Al Bowlly and Rudy Vallee are amazing.
Nothing beats closing my eyes at night while I drift away on the sweet sounds of the terrified screams from the people in my basement.
...
The occasional Classic Jazz isn't bad either.
I'm into a lot of genres tbh, depends on the mood I'm in. Mostly it's indie folk/rock, chillstep/melodic dubstep, ambient, video game/movie soundtracks...anything on youtube that sounds good.
Other for me. I listen to the kinda stuff Julie probably puts on her mixed tapes. Gloomy, melodic, dark sounding stuff with a lot of synth. I have quite a bit of alternative and indie rock mixed in too.
Personally I love Heavy and Symphonic Metal
I like every kind of music, it all just depends on how good certain track is.
Mostly rock/hard rock/grunge. I'm not a big fan of metal, though I enjoy some songs.
Some bands I really enjoy listening to: Queen, The Police, RHCP, Blink-182, Pearl Jam, Gorillaz, Kiss, The Cranberries, and many others.
I don't listen to heavy metal much, but I very much enjoy rock.
Best poll I've seen yet. You ROCK bro!(pun intended)
Surprisingly a lot of metal fans.
I like a bit of everything, but rock music holds a special place in my heart. Everything from Jimi Hendrix to Kittie to the Goo Goo Dolls. Recently started getting into a bit of Kpop. Dream Perfect Regime is my latest discovery, and I'm hooked.
Hehe thanks broski but not just me. 24 other people including yourself rock as well.
In which case I think we should drag in @KiwiCoattails too.
On topic, here's a screenshot of my main playlist on shuffle and my most recently played things.
ItsIt's genuine chaos, its all over the place, and it love it when it goes from dubstep to kpop to metal to rock and people wonder what the hell I'm into. Hence the vote for other, but if I had to pick one major genre rn it'd be Kpop, rock, or EDM. It all depends on the day
Artcore is me favorite.
Sick. I got introduced to Artcore from rhythm games and it's some pretty good stuff.
This is one of my personal favorites
https://youtu.be/9xaXXWOTYeII have an eclectic taste in music but my favourite genre is definitely rock / acoustic / alternative.
Some examples of my babies: 💛💜
https://youtu.be/JGoTxg-WQ2c https://youtu.be/PJGpsL_XYQI https://youtu.be/WSf90MxoI7s https://youtu.be/svZ666KgWqMThat’s interesting! I only started to listen to Jazz after a holiday to Italy with my family. I really enjoyed the music that they had playing in the restaurant and when I commented this aloud, my Mom told me it was Jazz. After my family and I went home, I opened up spotify, went to the Jazz section and the rest is history. My personal favourites are more modern Smooth Jazz. I don’t really have any favourite song(s) but I’d be happy to give some examples of what I like to listen to when I get home if either of you would like. If not then that’s absolutely fine! Regardless, have a lovely day everyone.
Ah man, didn’t realise I was responding to old comments until I’d already posted my comment. My apologies for that.
I like most genre of music, the only kind i have trouble liking is rap.
But i really love electro swing and rock and roll, and i really enjoy classical and jazz <3 ( i swear i'm not an old person only in my mid twenties )
Whatever that sounds good.
These are some of my favorite songs to listen to:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipjyy_vBZRQ&ab_channel=OmenXIII http://youtube.com/watch?v=nqtobIpZt68&ab_channel=%24uicideboy%24 http://youtube.com/watch?v=suVW0CfA9Uo&ab_channel=scarlxrd http://youtube.com/watch?v=31j4DIpgY9U&ab_channel=%EF%BC%B4%EF%BC%B2%EF%BC%A1%EF%BC%B3%EF%BC%A8%E6%96%B0%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3 http://youtube.com/watch?v=TJd3jEoP8yI&ab_channel=GHOSTEMANE http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcYl5EyC2HE&ab_channel=ChillMusicHDI picked rock/metal but I'm also extremely partial to a good lot of trashy Europop. Little Big for example are one of my favourite bands.
Five Finger Death Punch got me into metal. I wouldn't be able to choose a favourite band but my favourites are Korn, Rammstein and Slipknot.
Alrighty, these are some songs I'm enjoying as of right now: (FYI These are all on Spotify)
I listen to more than this but I'd be here all day if I listed every song I enjoy, lol. Glad to see others enjoy Jazz, it seems quite niche these days in comparison to more popular genres.
Listening to this right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdoXZf-FZyAI've been into rock ever since I was little, probably because my parents had the genre playing all the time. Metal is usually ear-candy as well, but I get burnt out on it much quicker.
Three Days Grace has always been my "go-to" band, but lately I've been listening to:
There's more I could list off but for the sake of time I'm just going to leave it at 3.
I actually listen to DBD's Menu and Chase Theme's quite a bit.