Are no killers concerned about the upcoming pallet change?
So it seems like all those hits you land as you eat a pallet stun will just be a stun now with no hit.
Seems alot worse then BL changes to me.
So it seems like all those hits you land as you eat a pallet stun will just be a stun now with no hit.
Seems alot worse then BL changes to me.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
So you're saying you should be getting a free hit even though the pallet is clearly stunning you? lol
Get out of here with that bs.
They drop it faster which means you can break it faster. You're still able to hit the survivors. Its not like they are bringing the pallet vaccum back.
Because the pallets were inconsistent and needed to be fixed.
everyone was expecting pallets to be buffed and as long as it isn't bringing back the vacuum then no big deal.
If that's the case then you will get the hit. You won't get the hit if the pallet stuns you first though.
This since I've stunned the killer taken a step then got hit because the hit registered after the stun when it shouldn't have. I've even stunned the killer and had them teleport to right behind me on other side of pallet and hit me then back to the stunned position.
HA mindgames he/she says.
The only mindgame you can do at pallets is once the pallet has already been dropped?
I mean, you can fake standing still and then lunge, but that rarely works and when it does it's against noobie survivors.
LiKe MAn EYe HaV WaLkeD 20 STEEps AnNDD BEN hit ARFteR I DRoped teH pellet!@#@!#
if you join a lobby with red ping then uninstall please.
survivors that wait at a pallet fully deserve to be hit for their greed. drop it early or f off to another game if you can't figure out the timing. It was never a "free hit", it was you being slow in the head.
Now it will be back to a free easy stun with no though or effort needed.
It was a free hit. The pallet stunned first and then the hit connected. F R E E H I T.
P.S. It doesn't matter if it's a lobby with a red, yellow, or green ping. The pallet would stun first and then the hit would connect, once again - F R E E H I T.
Did you ever stop to think that it could be because you are stuck in the drop animation?
i have never seen a survivor take a step away or hear a stun followed by a splat and scream. it is always before the pallet stuns or "at the same time"
I have not experienced this as survivor either, but then again i understand the mechanic and don't sit there in disbelief that hitting space didn't work.
To put it simply, the only way the issue would be fix without having to change anything to do with the pallet is by having dedicated servers.
But since we can’t have that, devs are making pallets stun at the beginning of the animation, so that survivors don’t get screwed by bs hits that shouldn’t have happened, because the pallet dropped first.
I encourage you to hold an “experiment” if you will. LUL.
Get someone to hold a pallet and drop it at the same time you’re swinging a machete. Did you cut off his hand? No. Why? Because the damn machete hits the pallet, not the person.
Same thing applies to the game, if I get caught outside or in the middle of the pallet then I deserve the hit, but if I get hit on the other side of the pallet, that’s a whole bunch of crap. This is coming from a Killvivor.
They are changing it because of review bombing and mass suicides in the game to tamper with the stats... and because 9/10 consoles are wireless giving an unstable connection and THEN hits happen after the pallet has stopped moving
grasping at straws "lets bring reality into a video game" i will stand in the middle of the pallet, shrug it off and continue to chop your hand off if you want reality...
It’s not like we’re going back to pallet vacuums, just a slight change to the way the pallet functions. Also, we shouldn’t be opinating on something that hasn’t even hit PTB yet.
doesn't need to hit the ptb when it was already in the game for over a year.
And regarding the “experiment” obviously you’d have to play it out like if it were the game >.>
in which case you’d hit the pallet, not the person.
If we’re gonna go full reality just bring out an AR...
Why survivors deserve more a F R E E STUN than Killer a free hit ?
"B...but he can hit peoples with his weapon, mean, MEAN >:'o "
Survivor's mind, if they were honnest.
And everyone knows the ptb is a joke where hardly anything ever gets changed. almost nobody plays the ptb, and previous ones have shown that what the dev's say on stream is what we get.
Two events can occur simultaneously.
I think the upcoming pallet change is fine.
It's really infuriating when you clearly threw down the pallet but get hit at the same time.
However, I understand why killers are upset about it. Most of these proposed changes are just too premature.
Looping is still a problem and the devs need to address that first (or at the same time).
If all these changes become live, killer is going to be in a rough state again.
I'm all for improving the survivor experience, but the more important issues need to be addressed first. These constant band aid fixes are getting really old.
It’s called making a read on your opponents next action. Survivors don’t want to do that, they want it to be purely reaction based EZ stun. “Is the Kiler going to go for a lunge around the rock/bush/etc. or not?” If you think he is, drop it early, if you think he isn’t, don’t. Make the wrong read, pay the price. Once again, we’re going back to EZ Mode Pallet Stuns that require no forethought, no reading the opposition, nothing. Just make it to Pallet for EZ stun.
Truthfully @Mister_Holdout is correct, these changes would be fine. If the developers fixed the other issues first.
However, like usual, the developers are kissing the Survivor’s asses so they stop review bombing the game first. Then Killers will get the changes needed... Soon(TM).
Nope.
We ARE concerned, but there's nothing we can do, besides, you know, not playing the game.
god forbid survivors require timing and stunning being a risky maneuver and not just 1k free points every time
you realise this issue will never be able to be fixed because of a little thing called LATENCY?
More like "Never(TM)"
It's been more than 2 years, they're making money on this situation.
Devs can only laugh at peoples like us who stayed and endured this bullshits that long.
The benefits of owning an addictive game.
No I am not concerned. I cannot wait for the posts about high survivor queue time.
As a killer I learned to play other games when devs have these weird patches.
I suggest more killer to handle it this way, some might call it a strike, I simply call it following cotes advice and playing another game
Wait survivors were nerfed? i never noticed. Still easy to win.
Most of the survivors (including myself) haven´t noticed the nerf. Since it only affects a really tiny part of the survivor community.
Rank doesnt mean anything sadly. Piping is extremely easy for both sides. Piping as killer only gets hard once you reached high rank
I managed to get rank 1 survivor in my first month trying btw
WHOA . No need to refer their skills/ brains man. that too much.
Actually when I played survivor it always ######### me up when sprintburst suddenly activated while looping and I accidentially run into the killer
What´s wrong about suggesting changes? It´s a forum. So people can express their opinion and talk about things that bother them.
Trapper got some add-on buffs and can set his traps faster. But he still is only mid tier.
You can win without either killing or surviving. How odd.
I'm not concerned actually.
I agree this would be more significant than nerfing BL3, as you barely every hit that, but just cause it'd be a bigger change doesn't mean it's something to worry about.
I found it quite funny (not the laughing kind of funny) that you can hit and get stunned.
Thing i'm still mostly worried about is how the weaker Killers still suffer from chain-looping: Even if you end them quickly, Survivors can just lead you to the next loop and still take minutes.
Kiting them away from unused loops is ridiculously hard 50/50 due to map layout.
And most can loop, so just leaving someone isn't ever a great choice above like rank 12.
Lots of big buildings are horrible as well. I thought developers didn't want to create safe spots, yet going into the big building of most Coldwind Farm maps is pretty goshdang safe.
Wait for PTB :chuffed:
You can blackpip with 4 kills and you can pip without any kill. Yeah its really odd and I dont like it tbh