So when are they reworking OoO?
Shits been complained about for a long time, toxic perk. No one will miss it but SWF abusers.
Every time I see it I just want to leave the game, but instead I just face camp the OoO user and depip with them.
Apparently Ruin was too OP and "feelsbad" for survivors yet this toxic perk is still in the game.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I don't see it nearly as much in high ranks just because stealth killers exist... and it basically puts a target on the users back... I mean, there are ways to counter it as well, since its not really abusable...
I mean they already kinda have? It now basically doesn't work for half the killer roster but allows them all to see you! Seems like a win to me?
I never have seen this perk used in years, whether or not it was in swf or solos. You must see it a lot then to feel this way or just had a game with it. While it is annoying to deal with a group or person using it. I don't see it get used much or at all to have it changed. Doesn't mean it ever will not but this is probably not on the to-do list.
it is barely used so I would not count it as an issue.
and the rare time it IS used its some moron survivor who is desperate for your attention, let them waste their time while you go after others, ez.
Maybe you dont see the aura of the killer when you use OoO but the perk activate when you look in the direction of the killer
I hardly ever see it, maybe I'm lucky? It could be the time of day I play. Are you in the States or different country? Also what time do you generally play? If you don't mind me asking ya. I usually play at 12am-2am.
Okay, thank you. Could be location. Thanks again for answering.
OoO is not that strong and can be countered by half of the Killers. There are still some issues with the Perk that has to be adressed. You see Freddy all the time 100% with it in Dream world because he has no Terror Radius there with the new Oblivious status effect. Just make that OoO dont work with oblivious. Also something with Trapper has to be done with it cuz you cant trap anything if someone uses that perk.
But besides that, this perk is totally fine and is not unfair or broken imo.
Had a match earlier against two OoO users who took us to Autowreckers, while I was Hag. I can tell you that it wasn't a pleasant experience.
But hey, don't forget that they'll nerf a dozen killer perks because they're not fun for survivors.
I don’t know how anyone can defend this perk. It literally only benefits swf and the way it works in conjunction with large maps and numerous obstacles basically ensures survivors get the better end of the deal.
It’s incredibly toxic and harmful to killers like Freddy (rip old Freddy who could ignore that pos until the others were down) and Hag. No killer welcomes it because it literally never works in the killer’s favor.
If they insist on not changing it, survivors who get caught using it should be exposed.
It is both unfair and busted as hell.
The killer gains nothing from knowing where a survivor is. They're either at a gen or they're wasting time. Why does the Killer care if they're not at a gen?
The survivor? They gain so much from the perk that other perks only grant for a few seconds. Knowledge on the fly. And if you're sensible, you're the bait. You have Decisive, Unbreakable, Object, and some other second chance perk.
The survivor can also constantly relay that information to friends if they're in a group. They're already strong enough.
Don't even go there.
How do you counter it besides randomly choosing a stealth killer?
You know... the 3.3/18 killers?
It's actually pretty powerful against stealth killers - I would argue it's better than spine chill for avoiding killers sneaking up on you. Granted, they can see you at all times and you can't see them, but you also know in which direction the killer is at all times. All you need to do is check (and pay attention to) your Los blockers and position yourself accordingly and the killer won't be able to sneak up on you.
It's a pretty busted perk, I'm not going to lie, but it's also extremely fun to run
@Rezblaze
If you are good enough you can make use of this information well where the obsession is. I get alot of free kills with that and most of the time he leads you without knowing to other survivors.
Ruin was also in 80%+ of games. So. Theres that.
Considering the amount of ghostfaces and pigs I've been facing lately, I'd say it's a decent chance to be countered.
"Literally never works in the killers favor."
So you dealt with what, one or two OoO that you didnt get?
It doesnt "literally never" work. It works a lot. You just have to play smart with it. You cant see someone across the cold wind farm and say, "hey, I think I'm gonna spend 45 seconds running over and looking for them."
Ruin, NoED, Object, it doesn't matter what the counterplay was.
They were and are perks that are unhealthy for the game.
Object is unhealthy for the game. It rewards the survivor using it with free information. It's designed specifically for survivor exploitation. The survivor gains full info on the Killer that he can relay to the team, while the Killer gets the aura of one survivor?
Its unhealthy in what, 3% of matches? Even then it's not that bad ffs.
We could argue deliverance is unhealthy.
Or that iron will and calm spirit are unhealthy.
It doesnt make it true, especially given how often the perks are used.
If 1% of people are affected by A, and 99% are affected by B, do you really expect A and B to both be handled the same way?
Also, they cant relay the info to the team unless they're IN a team. Less than what, 5% or 9% are 4 man swf? So with just 3, one person doesnt have a ######### clue.
On top of that, it doesnt give you ALL the info. You see the killer. Who it is. That's it. You don't know their build, their addons, how they play, etc..
It's like seeing a Laurie and KNOWING she has DS, only to see her with a 4 perk heal build. You dont know ######### just by the character.
"Survivor exploitation"
You mean literally showing the killer where you are, so that you can see who/where they are? That's called a trade off.
The fact SWF exists and object of obsession even exists makes be chuckle killer wait times are going to be increased
If you're going to respond can you actually make a case? You ever ask yourself why so little people use it?
Because while it functions as a good perk with a significant drawback for solo survivors, that isn't what this perk is good for, not what it is used for.
It is used, plain and simple, for SWF groups, usually of varying size. That alone changes it from a perk with a significant drawback to a perk with constant information feedback. SWFs already have the advantage of communicating your position when one sees you, now you have someone dedicated to looping you or warning you of when you're nearing the gen they're about to pop.
I'm genuinely angered that you actually compared this perk to Iron Will and Deliverance.
I didnt compare it to either. I pointed out to you how we can make stupid arguments about how a perk is "unhealthy", and you apparently are angered by it. Which tells me you either know I'm right, or are so stubbornly attached to the idea that OoO is a scourge of this game that I feel bad for you.
I made a perfectly fine case, and it's one you have apparently no rebuttal for.
You claim swf is why OoO is broken.
2 man swf, how broken is it. 50% has no idea and the 2 that do, are likely going to die for it.
3 man swf. Same thing. One person has no idea, and that can snowball. 3 people know, and are on comms, but can still easily lose to it. Also, 3 man swf are not common AND hit squads. Mostly friends bullshitting.
4 man swf, sure, they can use it better. How often do they happen. 4 man swf is less than 5%. And again, mostly friends bullshitting.
The "swf hit squads" youre trying to use in this situation are so rare, and the perk use is so low, that it almost has no real affect to the games health at all.
It is used so little already, that to use a hypothetical situation that ITSELF happens so rarely, and then to add in OoO, to debate it being unhealthy is ridiculous.
I'm sorry you cant understand the concept of, yes. It may be broken for swf squads, but those teams dont exist enough to warrant this perk being an issue.
I also feel really bad that you're ANGERED by a discussion about a video game, and more so by the fact that you're mad because you MISUNDERSTOOD my point and wanted to argue against it.
Hopefully your day gets better, but I'm out. You're not using logic, and just arguing to argue because OoO is apparently the devil for you.
<3
They said they had plans to rework it, I won't be able to find the exact quote. So i'm sure it will be looked at within the next... Year.
Because that's usually how long they take to deal with issues that affect Killers.
You're going to squeeze in a wall of text at me, pretentious as #########, and then give yourself an out? You're not worth the energy of this post.
To be fair, Freddy can ignore BT. So this is a good trade-off for Freddy, given the fact that OoO is used much lower than BT. Both should not be a thing IMO, neither should Freddy be able to camp without any Counter, nor should he get a Joke during Looping because the Survivor can see him all the time. This Oblivious-Thing was not necessary for him.
Regarding the rest, the biggest issue I have with OoO is that even if the Survivor sees the Killer, this is not vice-versa. If both are looking at each other, sure, they see each other. But if the Killer is turning his back to the Survivor, the Survivor can still see the Killer. So while there is still a risk, the reward is bigger, even for Solos, but it is bigger the more players are in a group.
And while it is true that quite a lot of Killers counter it by having Undetectable, others are highly dependant on being stealthy and unpredictable. You can have awesome Trap Placements, but those can be negated by OoO. Just as an example.
What I wish for Object is that it works the other way around: If the Survivor is looking at the Killer but the Killer is not looking at the Survivor, the Survivor does not get any Aura read. If they look at each other, both get Aura Read. And if the Survivor is not looking at the Killer but the Killer is looking into the Survivors direction, the Killer gets the Aura Read (and the Survivor can look around to see the Killer, because their Perk is lighting up).
This adds more Risk to the Perk and the Risk is bigger than the Reward - you cannot watch the Killer anymore without them noticing, while bringing yourself into Danger. This is how the Perk should work, it can still be a really good information Tool, but comes with a big price.
So random luck? Got it
Misdirection or tunneling. Having the knowledge of where 1 player is on the map is very powerful especially in early game. I know that they are confident, but I'm a good killer.
Object doesn't work on stealth killers. It used to, but not anymore. Besides, they can still approach from another direction throwing you off, so it's hardly reliable.
Skipped most responses but..
I don't see why it should be nerfed.
Yes it's annoying to play against, but it's so rare to run across that I don't give a #########. If they want to waste a perk slot for a beacon that shows where they are to the killer at all times, it's their business.
But I do love playing against an Object of Obsession player as Pig.. with Third Seal..
If you run across people using that perk enough to want them to change it, maybe you should either run Third Seal, too, or play stealth killers more, or bring add-ons that gives blindness. Or, you know, go for the other survivors and ignore the one that's obviously just there as bait so the others can get generators done.
I call it "easy Rancor", but you can do with OoO whatever you like.
Also, Ghostface and Wraith are undetectable. OoO mindgame themselves.
Pig and tier 1 Myers are also undetectable. So fun seeing their aura at the start of the game and making a beeline for the easy target, since you see their auras until your radius comes back.. which is basically the same exact moment they get stabbed in the face.
I really don’t mind this perk as killer and actually enjoy using it in solo and swf matches.
Like I said in my original post, you don't see the killer's aura, but the perk's icon lights up when you're looking towards them. Sort of like spine chill, but you can actually work out exactly where the killer is by moving your camera around. Of course, the killer can see you that whole time, but if you're confident at getting chased, that's not really a problem. I use object very often and trust me when I say, it's very powerful against undetectable killers.
So there isn't one. Gotcha.
Because as we all know, the OoO is totally the weak link of the team and a terrible looper right?
Stop complaining about survivor perks sir. It’s the killers that need nerfs. How much more do the devs need to hand killers nowadays to do their job? they’re Giving you guys way too much. It’s really difficult to play survivor especially if youre solo. Even if in the realm of possibility everyone manages to escape , ARE YOU going on chases still? Are you downing people? Do you absolutely HAVE to get a kill? What you don’t understand is that people should be able to spin you in circles and gen rush you because that’s how survivors get points. It’s sad you guys just complain about every little thing and want all these things changed on survivor side (which SWF is something they can’t do anything about - and to be quite honest teamwork and communication is required so ######### are you bitching about? ######### stupid man) killers can down and kill people just as swift as gens can get done. Good luck finding nothing but rank 1 squaded survivors because playing solo without teamwork is just Almost unfair as well. Bunch of cry babies. Killers can reap the points and can camp people so hard that the person leaves with 5K points if that...? Nah... I’m a person too man, you have to have a different perspective if you’re playing killer, and that’s that the game isn’t all about you man. You’re not entitled to kills just as survivors aren’t entitled to surviving. It goes both ways, but I’ve seen killers work survivors like it ain’t #########. So sit the ######### down.
How about they rework trapper so he’s not 1) so god damn fast and 2) he doesnt have 5 million traps that you might as well give up on getting yourself out of because chances are slim to none. You mean you’re literally preventing me from playing your game? I can understand stepping into them give away your position but okay let me go now. Not restrain me there and go through a million failed attempts at escape.
As if speed wasn’t enough, teleportation, insane melee range and bad mannered play styles from killers make it frustrating on survivor side. Yet here you guys are complaining about perks that are super team oriented or extremely situational. Just be a killer and chase, down and kill who you can, I’ve seen Killers not kill anyone but still walk out with plenty of points. POINTS. That’s what I consider winning. That’s what it should be about. Because buying perks is the loop for this game isn’t it? Upgrading and whatnot? Otherwise you’re just wasting my time.
It’s bs I go into a game and you just refuse to play hide and seek SOMEONE else because you’re salty about the way the game is and do this as some kind of retaliation or way to guarantee yourself a kill. Just play the ######### game.
That's because it was balanced around solo queue, not sweaty SWF teams. Like how when 1 or 2 Adrenalines is okay, but all four of them suddenly healing up makes you want to break your screen.
I'm not sure if this BulletsNonstop guy is a troll or actually believes what he writes lol
It's been turned from aura reading to a discounted spine chill. It still helps you locate those killers, you just have to pay attention to when it lights up