What makes you a survivor/killer main?

I'm curious to see why some people choose to play one side more than the other.

I'm personally a killer main due to the fact that the gameplay is a lot more fun for me and overall it's just more interesting compared to playing survivor.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • I find killer to be a lot more fun since the gameplay is better and there are many unique moves from killer. Playing survivor is the same no matter which character you choose. Yeah, there are perks but they work on any survivor. Different killers with different powers and play styles definitely keeps gameplay fresh and fun.

    Playing as survivor you basically do the same thing almost every game with just doing gens, breaking totems. etc. With Killer you can mix up your tactics depending on the survivors you go up against. Also with survivor you have to rely on three other people to get their jobs done but as killer, you only rely on yourself.

  • I can consider myself a killer main. I loved playing killer and before ranks got messed up it used to be 80% of what I played for a time, but recently it's gotten so hard. Sometimes when you start out with a team of red ranks it makes me think if I want to continue playing killer. Like, if the game goes by way too fast I just basically wasted my time "playing" or simulating playing the game. That's when I knew it was time to hang up my killer main role. Since I'm casual I'm not going to go for the long hours of learning every killer to their max potential.

  • Started as a surv main as killer lobbies took too long, then i switched to killer as infinite loading screens finally broke me, and (old)Doctor gave me the loving embrace i needed to stay a killer main 'til the end of time.

  • @Foxfire47 said:

    I find killer to be a lot more fun since the gameplay is better and there are many unique moves from killer. Playing survivor is the same no matter which character you choose. Yeah, there are perks but they work on any survivor. Different killers with different powers and play styles definitely keeps gameplay fresh and fun.

    Playing as survivor you basically do the same thing almost every game with just doing gens, breaking totems. etc. With Killer you can mix up your tactics depending on the survivors you go up against. Also with survivor you have to rely on three other people to get their jobs done but as killer, you only rely on yourself.

    I feel the same way when I play survivor. Like it's fun at first, but after a few games I'm either annoyed from teammates/killers or I'm bored.

  • Survivor. Mostly just enjoy the challenge and the huge Killer wait times are crap... I can play 2 games before I get a lobby most of the time. Then there's how toxic even rank 20 survivors are. Not worth my time.

  • Killer i love to be in chases all the time especially if i really outplay them or find a fun trick to do

  • I’m a survivor main because the characters are more relatable you know because they look like or in some cases ARE real people.

    In case you’re wondering which Killers I play occasionally the answer is Legion and Freddy. Because they actually look like real people. Freddy is pretty scarred up but I’ve seen real people with burns that look similar

    Also, I tend to be a Support main in games and survivor is the altruistic role

  • @gatsby said:

    I’m a survivor main because the characters are more relatable you know because they look like or in some cases ARE real people.

    In case you’re wondering which Killers I play occasionally the answer is Legion and Freddy. Because they actually look like real people. Freddy is pretty scarred up but I’ve seen real people with burns that look similar

    Also, I tend to be a Support main in games and survivor is the altruistic role

    Besides from demogorgon every killer is human yes even my main the pig

  • probaply the fact that i dont enjoy survivor gameplaly...

  • Killer main. I like the intensity of concentration I need to find Survivors. Having to pay attention to the slightest noise or movement makes you feel like a predator.

  • Whether or not I'm allowed to have fun.

    As a killer, being an ex Nurse main, all my fun has been taken away.

    As a survivor, all the fun is still there.

  • @WeaponXMetsu said:

    I can consider myself a killer main. I loved playing killer and before ranks got messed up it used to be 80% of what I played for a time, but recently it's gotten so hard. Sometimes when you start out with a team of red ranks it makes me think if I want to continue playing killer. Like, if the game goes by way too fast I just basically wasted my time "playing" or simulating playing the game. That's when I knew it was time to hang up my killer main role. Since I'm casual I'm not going to go for the long hours of learning every killer to their max potential.

    I understand not wanting to go against try hard players. I started to play killer more often and at first it was fun, but as my rank got higher I kept getting matched with swf (literally got like 3 in a row once) and it's just not fun getting looped constantly or "bullied."

    I'm just not the type to try super hard at killer so I lose interest when I get players who wanna play super competitively.

  • Me teammates are... well, you know; I hate pressing M1 for the victory; the killers I go against are also like my meg teammates and Q times atm

  • I just love playing survivor. I like the feeling to escape. The feeling of the chase, saving someone, leaving them behind, playing with randoms(sometimes) and friends(sometimes). Playing killer is lonely, i like playing with people and helping them. Even if they screw me over. I always play Support, so I'm well acquainted with the abuse.

  • @Almo said:

    Killer main. I like the intensity of concentration I need to find Survivors. Having to pay attention to the slightest noise or movement makes you feel like a predator.

    Especially with those good headphones 😂😂

  • @mrdead said:

    Survivor. Mostly just enjoy the challenge and the huge Killer wait times are crap... I can play 2 games before I get a lobby most of the time. Then there's how toxic even rank 20 survivors are. Not worth my time.

    This is true. Rank definitely does not determine the skill of some players, that's for sure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Lately for me I've pretty much abandoned killer despite generally being a 50/50 killer.

    • A lot more laid back and relaxing, even as a solo
    • Doesn't get judged/insulted on how I play nearly as often as killer
    • Doesn't make me motion sick due to the painfully low FOV in first person without Shadow Born/M&A
    • Isn't on nearly the same "time crunch" as Killer is. If I want to meme around, I can, and can still usually get away with it
    • Doesn't have to put up with fifty bugs that make it more difficult to play the role
    • If I have a bad match, it's pretty easy to just give up on hook and just go on to the next one
    • If I make a mistake, oh well, I got plenty of other chances. One mistake as killer can easily cost the game if the survivors know how to take advantage of it

    Playing Killer right now is like inflicting self-harm to one's self. It's a frustrating, often painful experience every single time. You get insulted if you do bad. You get insulted if you do good. You get insulted if you don't play how someone wants you to play, but you lost if you play how you want them to play. And anything that "over-performs" gets nerfed because "think of the newbies and about the survivor's fun!" when throwing a Clown bottle or spewing vomit on a survivor STILL doesn't work properly ever since dedicated servers became a thing I just don't got the ######### energy to put up with it anymore.

    I get insulted when playing survivor though too, mainly when I use urban evasion for some reason 🤷 They think I'm just crouching the whole when I'm just trying to be safe and emerse 😂😂

  • I prefer to not be attacked.

    I also like to not have to depend on others for my success.

  • To be honest. I love the way kate looks and her backstory. Plus it’s really fun to play as a survivor especially SWF

  • Was a killer main, but I can't find any reason to continue playing the game. It's just not fun as a killer, and the "horror" aspect is misleading when survivors don't fear you, quite the opposite aside from the random "oh there's GF or Pig..".

  • I enjoyed killer at low ranks but once you get playing survivors on comms you realise you can't be everywhere but they can.

    So I play survivor now which is boring waiting for a game even if killers get insta lobbies.

    The new batch matchmaking should stop killers getting insta lobbies which will be interesting for the game

  • I play survivor more because I love to talk. If I'm not in a swf I'll either play killer for a hour or another game.

  • I'm colorblind so im pretty much forced to be a survivor main

  • I'm a killer main because I'm an overachieving masochist who enjoys breaking down a brick wall with nothing but a plastic spoon and my own skull.

  • Survivor - bought the game because of the coop aspect, if not for that i wouldn't have looked twice at it.

    There are a couple killers that looks fun to play but the little interest I have toward trying it is choked out by the current matchmaking system.


    Edit: typo

  • @Mtom912 said:

    i’m a killer main, despite finding survivor more enjoyable because of bloodpoints, can’t stand randoms, and despise how other killers play, so i can be in control of that

    Randoms can be the the death of us sometimes... Literally 😂😂

  • I find it dull to play killer, so I main survivor. Also, my wife and I play together so survivor is our only option.

    For me, killer is a monotony of find-chase-down-hook, find-chase-down-hook, like I could waltz to it. The way I play survivor engages my thinking in a different way. I have to think about where I want to run, what gens I want to do, how to stay hidden, hunt for totems, unhook, heal, try to play last minute hero, and a variety of other things. Usually I switch perks every two matches, so I'm in a constant state of adapting and reconfiguring how I operate.

    When I do play killer, I prefer M1 killers because I have to give additional thought to where I'm going and what I'm doing.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    I'm colorblind so im pretty much forced to be a survivor main

    Hmm... I never thought about it like that, maybe they could add a setting to the game that changes the way it can be viewed?

  • @Almo said:

    Killer main. I like the intensity of concentration I need to find Survivors. Having to pay attention to the slightest noise or movement makes you feel like a predator.

    You must play at rank 10 to feel like a predator as killer. I play killer because the queue times are faster and its so incredibly boring to stomp on killers as survivor.

  • Survivor for sure because i love the thrill of the chase. But sometimes it’s frustrating, way more frustrating than playing killer simply because you have to rely on teammates so much. I just wish they could give us more survivability when it comes to the chases. I kinda wish they weren’t so fast. You get caught and it’s a toss up as to what’s going to happen. In a game like this where the killers bound to find somebody because that’s what the game relies on - survivor/killer interactions. Why are they making interactions so short lived? I don’t need killers flying at me 100 miles an hour or one hit knocking me - at least put a LENGTHY cool down on that. Because getting hooked or dying is a big deal in this game. That’s a BIG deal. I shouldn’t be looking at the scoreboard with so few points because the killer didn’t leave me alone or just mows me down. Nah, that’s not fun.

  • You can say “don’t get caught” but somebody has to. Otherwise this game wouldn’t be fun for killers. So one hits are just stupid. Because that’s not fun for survivors. I don’t care what your ability is. Then put a longer cool down on that. Once or twice per game everyone. Exposed needs to be nerfed for sure. Which is a problem in a lot of perks like NOED

  • 60/40 in favor of survivor, although lately been going on 70/30 I think. I get bored of killer honestly. 9/10 games I end up with a 3/4k in reds. Also, I think survivor perks are more fun in general like pebble, plunder builds, autodidact, any means necessary etc. Killers just don't have fun perks. You just end up running stuff like BBQ for points, Pop. They're good perks but boring compared to survivor ones.

  • Killer main

    Survivor is so boring, in order to win you have to hold M1 a lot on a generator. And the game is basically determined if the killer wants to play like a jerk or not.


    I like constant action, finding people and chasing them. Also Huntress is so satisfying to play, cross map hatchers, having an ability to use in chase. She’s so good.

  • I played killer because I loved being the hunter. I worked in a haunted house, so actually being a virtual serial killer was awesome

  • Because holding M1 and hitting space every now and again is about as exciting as watching grass grow.

    I just find survivor incredibly boring. Running in circles, doing gens, having teammates bail my potato self out, running some more.... snore

    I would rather see people run from me so I can smack them and watch them scurry off.

    Also, to be honest, hitting a Jake and hearing that one pain noise is still hilarious to me to this very day.

  • @rayoxium said:

    Killer main

    Survivor is so boring, in order to win you have to hold M1 a lot on a generator. And the game is basically determined if the killer wants to play like a jerk or not.

    I like constant action, finding people and chasing them. Also Huntress is so satisfying to play, cross map hatchers, having an ability to use in chase. She’s so good.

    Tier 1 Michael Myers 🤣👍 Love the jump scares.

  • Killer main. Why? Because I hate myself.

  • I play killer because I know that no matter what happens, when I lose or win it's completely my fault. I'm the one who messed up and I can improve from it, or I'm the one who succeeded and I feel good. As survivor, it doesn't feel as good if I get carried/sandbagged.

  • @Joelwino said:

    I play killer because I know that no matter what happens, when I lose or win it's completely my fault. I'm the one who messed up and I can improve from it, or I'm the one who succeeded and I feel good. As survivor, it doesn't feel as good if I get carried/sandbagged.

    I've noticed that with my self as well in a way, getting a 4k-3k is so much more satisfying of a "win" than escaping through the exit gate as a survivor to me.

  • I was always a killer main. That's what drew me to the game. The ability to play as iconic characters such as Myers, Freddy, Bubba, the Pig... As well as the Huntress, the erie humming, the ability to be a threat at any distance...

    Mainly is was the concept of the hunt. Not being overly strong, but hunting others.

    I still have yet to find anything like Legion, Sprinting after survivors ready to stab them repeatedly in order to get the kill...

  • Survivor main because of the interaction with killer. I don't use ds, head on inventory items (aside from medkits) I don't teabag or linger or fast action. I don't farm. I play like a saint. I play support, I play distract, I hardly ever use exhaustion perks. I play at rank one this way all day and I give a thumbs up to killers that 4K without camping tunnelling slugging unnecessarily. Usually Freddy and Billy's ATM with ruin surveillance and infectious are really hard to go against especially if I'm the only one with map awareness. But I do not deter. I soldier on and wait patiently for a day when killers besides Billy Freddy and spirit are rank 1 viable. On that day I will play killer but never as a main. I'm too empathetic for it.

  • I like beeing responsable for my own actions. I want to win by doing my own stuff not with my teammates. I like beeing a cruel Killer chasing and killing innocent survivors. Its very fun to have intense chases and playing alone against a 4 man team, where your mindset goes against 4 at the same time. Its a nice challange and really statisfying killing survivors after a well played mindgame or a well made hit.

  • I use Legion because its 1 of 3 killer who impossible to loop long time :D

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I like beeing responsable for my own actions. I want to win by doing my own stuff not with my teammates. I like beeing a cruel Killer chasing and killing innocent survivors. Its very fun to have intense chases and playing alone against a 4 man team, where your mindset goes against 4 at the same time. Its a nice challange and really statisfying killing survivors after a well played mindgame or a well made hit.

    I hate the thought of depending on random players. Sometimes they'll help you, other times they'll just leave you to die cause their life is on the line to finish that gen. Meanwhile, I'm in the struggle phase actually dying 🤣😭😭

  • I feel too guilty when I play killer. I play for the panic, not the perpetrator.

    Not to mention I think the cosmetics are cuter. Which is obvious, due to how the game is— but if it’s cute and snazzy and I feel great wearing it, I’m gonna probably stick to wearing that. Cosmetics mean a lot to me— and if I’m dying, I’m dying pretty.

  • I main survivor because I enjoy the close calls when hiding from the killer. Also my eyesight and hearing aren't the best. So that makes killer more difficult for me.

  • @deollie

    Yeah I know that feeling haha, hang in there! xD

  • @Watery said:

    I feel too guilty when I play killer. I play for the panic, not the perpetrator.

    Not to mention I think the cosmetics are cuter. Which is obvious, due to how the game is— but if it’s cute and snazzy and I feel great wearing it, I’m gonna probably stick to wearing that. Cosmetics mean a lot to me— and if I’m dying, I’m dying pretty.

    We all have to die, it's just how we wanna do it I guess 🤣🤷😂

  • @scarslookgood said:

    I find it dull to play killer, so I main survivor. Also, my wife and I play together so survivor is our only option.

    For me, killer is a monotony of find-chase-down-hook, find-chase-down-hook, like I could waltz to it. The way I play survivor engages my thinking in a different way. I have to think about where I want to run, what gens I want to do, how to stay hidden, hunt for totems, unhook, heal, try to play last minute hero, and a variety of other things. Usually I switch perks every two matches, so I'm in a constant state of adapting and reconfiguring how I operate.

    When I do play killer, I prefer M1 killers because I have to give additional thought to where I'm going and what I'm doing.

    Awesome! I played killer for a long time, but switched to survivor this past year. I also play with my wife after she got into the game and just find it fun to survive together and work as a team.

    I did enjoy killer for a long time, but I just wanted to be good at survivor as I was constantly facing red ranks and it presented a different challenge then what I was used to.

  • I used to main survivor, but I don't enjoy it very much anymore. So I pretty much just play killer now. Doc is fun, still waiting on Deathslinger because he matches one of my favorite aesthetics. I generally feel like I have more control over my performance as a killer than survivor. More nerve-racking and management that survivor, yes, but less things completely out of my control

‹ 1 2