What makes you a survivor/killer main?

I'm curious to see why some people choose to play one side more than the other.

I'm personally a killer main due to the fact that the gameplay is a lot more fun for me and overall it's just more interesting compared to playing survivor.

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1134216#Comment_1134216

    Especially with those good headphones ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    Grado SR-125, man! Love those things.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1134216#Comment_1134216

    You must play at rank 10 to feel like a predator as killer. I play killer because the queue times are faster and its so incredibly boring to stomp on killers as survivor.

    No, I usually hang around rank 6. :) And whether or not I catch people doesn't change the skills I have to use to hunt for them. I did not say it made me feel like a successful predator. :)

  • Killer main! With killer there is actual skill involved and you have to use your brain. Survivor is just down right boring to me and is the constant same thing over and over again

  • Killer main because it's easier to rely only on yourself rather than others.

  • I prefer killer because of several factors:

    1.) I get paid more BP to play killer.

    2.) My victory is entirely up to me, I don't need to worry about my "teammates" getting in the way

    3.) Each killer has different stats or a different power so I can feel confident that I'll find a killer that I enjoy playing.

  • I'm a hybrid. If I want to be good I need to know both roles.

  • I play the game Dead By Daylight. I'm not picking sides, its weird

  • I'm probably 70/30 killer main. I find killer more interactive and I don't like relying on teammates since I play solo queue. Queue times are a factor. There are other aspects I don't like about survivor. The struggle mechanic is outdated and super annoying. Deep Wound is very annoying and non-threatening if you have experience. Doctor is still awful to play against. Teammates even at red ranks can be extremely hit and miss. A lot of people just don't do anything.

  • 50/50

    I'd probably play killer more often if it weren't for matchmaking. Killer is so much more fun when the games are good. But when the games aren't good i'd rather just get off. Rank 7 Survivor (Bill) and Rank 9 Killer btw. (GhostFace)

  • @Peasant said:

    I prefer killer because of several factors:

    1.) I get paid more BP to play killer.

    2.) My victory is entirely up to me, I don't need to worry about my "teammates" getting in the way

    3.) Each killer has different stats or a different power so I can feel confident that I'll find a killer that I enjoy playing.

    The amount of blood points I can earn as killer is always way more than I can earn as survivor in the end, no matter how bad I play ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคท

  • I'd hate play both of then but hate less playing as killer

  • @Almo said:

    Killer main. I like the intensity of concentration I need to find Survivors. Having to pay attention to the slightest noise or movement makes you feel like a predator.

    So you may noticed how stressful is for us. Or are you a low rank killer?

  • @USELESS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1134216#Comment_1134216

    So you may noticed how stressful is for us. Or are you a low rank killer?

    I'm about Rank 6 as Killer.

  • When I'm rank 6 (not at the moment, too busy with Survivor challenges in the Tome) I play against mostly red-rank Survivors due to issues with Killer/Survivor populations at high rank. So I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136277#Comment_1136277

    When I'm rank 6 (not at the moment, too busy with Survivor challenges in the Tome) I play against mostly red-rank Survivors due to issues with Killer/Survivor populations at high rank. So I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

    Actually there are a way more red rank survivors than red rank killers so purple and green ranks is now use to play versus red rank survivors. It's not just matchmaking problems. Also with some previous updates a lot of killers has quit the game, I was one of then but now I am back

  • The one with the shortest que times or if I get burnt out from playing on side

  • I used to main killer, it was great bein in a chase, havin to use brain power on what their next move would be, tryin to outplay them, mind ######### were great until i got to a certain rank then:

    โ–ช i was FL flicked

    โ–ช Teabagged for no reason

    โ–ช Body blockin

    โ–ช Squadettes

    โ–ช gg ez


    I went to survivor and thinkin on goin back to killer


    โ–ช Faceamped (i'll understand a camp at endgame)

    โ–ช Slugged (i'll understand a slug at endgame if u wanna sweat for a 4k then fair enough)

    โ–ช Tunneled (sorry but the removin the weakest link bs i won't buy into, extremely unfair to render someone gameplay experience like that)

    โ–ช BM on hook for no reason (assumin they take a pallet slap that hard to their soul maybe? I won't stand and give a free hit)

    I don't play toxic and yet still all of the above happen %80 of the time? I get perhaps if many have had alot of toxicity off survivours, i've expierenced alot of it when i played killer, but don't punish us all for it.

  • @Brodie said:

    I used to main killer, it was great bein in a chase, havin to use brain power on what their next move would be, tryin to outplay them, mind ######### were great until i got to a certain rank then:

    โ–ช i was FL flicked

    โ–ช Teabagged for no reason

    โ–ช Body blockin

    โ–ช Squadettes

    โ–ช gg ez

    I went to survivor and thinkin on goin back to killer

    โ–ช Faceamped (i'll understand a camp at endgame)

    โ–ช Slugged (i'll understand a slug at endgame if u wanna sweat for a 4k then fair enough)

    โ–ช Tunneled (sorry but the removin the weakest link bs i won't buy into, extremely unfair to render someone gameplay experience like that)

    โ–ช BM on hook for no reason (assumin they take a pallet slap that hard to their soul maybe? I won't stand and give a free hit)

    I don't play toxic and yet still all of the above happen %80 of the time? I get perhaps if many have had alot of toxicity off survivours, i've expierenced alot of it when i played killer, but don't punish us all for it.

    The killer acting that way for no reason is literally just the way that person is ๐Ÿ˜‚ One time I had this michael trying to farm and we went with it, but he killed one of the randoms because they wanted to be chased and he got mad? Lmao ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคท

  • @Foxfire47 said:

    I find killer to be a lot more fun since the gameplay is better and there are many unique moves from killer. Playing survivor is the same no matter which character you choose. Yeah, there are perks but they work on any survivor. Different killers with different powers and play styles definitely keeps gameplay fresh and fun.

    Playing as survivor you basically do the same thing almost every game with just doing gens, breaking totems. etc. With Killer you can mix up your tactics depending on the survivors you go up against. Also with survivor you have to rely on three other people to get their jobs done but as killer, you only rely on yourself.

    Summed it all up for me, and to add on, I believe you will have your worse moments playing survivor because your teammates can dictate your life.

    You can get killed by NOED when you cleansed 4 of 5 totems because your teammates didn't help you cleanse the 5th totem.

    If you get unlucky, the killer can just take you out of the game instantly if they decide to use an Ebony Mori or want to camp you at 1st hook, 5 generators.

    Stuff like this makes survivor less and less appealing to me.


    As killer, you can't get camped nor need to rely on your teammates. If you're good, you will have a decent time more often than you would playing survivor. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132483#Comment_1132483

    Summed it all up for me, and to add on, I believe you will have your worse moments playing survivor because your teammates can dictate your life.

    You can get killed by NOED when you cleansed 4 of 5 totems because your teammates didn't help you cleanse the 5th totem.

    If you get unlucky, the killer can just take you out of the game instantly if they decide to use an Ebony Mori or want to camp you at 1st hook, 5 generators.

    Stuff like this makes survivor less and less appealing to me.

    As killer, you can't get camped nor need to rely on your teammates. If you're good, you will have a decent time more often than you would playing survivor. ๐Ÿ˜

    Very good add on! I agree with this too! Well put ๐Ÿ‘

  • @deollie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136639#Comment_1136639

    The killer acting that way for no reason is literally just the way that person is ๐Ÿ˜‚ One time I had this michael trying to farm and we went with it, but he killed one of the randoms because they wanted to be chased and he got mad? Lmao ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคท

    Haha well if they asked to be chased then they should expect to be killed, I'm all for fair gameplay, but if someone wanted to go against me for a chase (if i was was killer) then game on, that's on them if they get caught.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1132483#Comment_1132483

    Summed it all up for me, and to add on, I believe you will have your worse moments playing survivor because your teammates can dictate your life.

    You can get killed by NOED when you cleansed 4 of 5 totems because your teammates didn't help you cleanse the 5th totem.

    If you get unlucky, the killer can just take you out of the game instantly if they decide to use an Ebony Mori or want to camp you at 1st hook, 5 generators.

    Stuff like this makes survivor less and less appealing to me.

    As killer, you can't get camped nor need to rely on your teammates. If you're good, you will have a decent time more often than you would playing survivor. ๐Ÿ˜

    All of this about killer is very true. Playing with randoms as survivor is a risk I just don't wanna take most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„

  • I'm a Killer main because I only buy games like this to play the Power role. I still play holding out hope that one of these updates will make the Killer the Power role.

1 2 โ€บ