"PROOF" that the game is survivor sided as hell

This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game.


Sight. It's a huge part of our everyday lives, it's a huge part of dead by daylight - so why is it that those who have any sight difficulties are actively pushed away from playing killer?


To explain : as a survivor what you have to use your eyes for is fairly easy to see : generators are a brightish red to contrast its environment. Pallets are a multitude of simualrly bright colours, vaults have a very distinct shape, and totems you can cleanse to damage a killer glows a bright orange.


However things like the hags traps (which can be made to glow as bright as can be with a flashlight), darkened trapper traps and stealth killers can be hard to see, however most stealth killers have audio cues they make to make sure that someone who has a visual imparement can react to stealth killers


As a killer : survivors have a multitude of cosmetics that blend into the environment which combined with some of the darker outdoor maps can make tracking anyone a pain. Hooks share the same colour pallet as the map are hard to see unless they have an aura, the blood pools survivors leave while Injured can be hidden by the grass or they blend into the grey indoor map floors at time (particularly on the game's bottom floor). And survivors have perks that can take away the killers ability to use their audio to help them. Perks like iron will, quick and quiet, sprint burst to some extent, off the record.

So what can a killer with a visual imparement do to make the game playable for them? They have to grind the wraith all the way to level 40 to get shadowborn (should be an option in the options menu) and bloodhound (making it so those with colour blindness have a chance of tracking blood). Which in turn alienates that audience due to the options they need to play the game being locked being a progression gate that opens up into a relam of rng to get the perks.

Survivors just have to jump straight into the rng as the equivenlant perks (spine chill and premonition) are general perks. And not just that they're good perks too.


But regardless. Its imoral to force a player to suffer through terrible conditions to have a chance of getting the tools they need to play the game. Which will ultimately handicap them at the higher ranks of play as every perk slot for a killer is invaluable

Comments

  • The thing with color blind options is that they would have to make it work so that people could not abuse them to make things easier to see. I think I saw somewhere they want to eventually add it but this is what they have to consider.

  • @MysticMusician said:

    The thing with color blind options is that they would have to make it work so that people could not abuse them to make things easier to see. I think I saw somewhere they want to eventually add it but this is what they have to consider.

    The whole point of a colour blind option is making things easier to see to those with colour blindness, on my head I'm thinking of overwatches colourblind modes that change specific colours or stuff like that, a colour blind mode doesn't make a game brighter. It usually tweaks some if the colour pallet choices so to the average player this wouldn't be abusble as the colour difference wouldn't provide a benefit

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116933#Comment_1116933

    The whole point of a colour blind option is making things easier to see to those with colour blindness, on my head I'm thinking of overwatches colourblind modes that change specific colours or stuff like that, a colour blind mode doesn't make a game brighter. It usually tweaks some if the colour pallet choices so to the average player this wouldn't be abusble as the colour difference wouldn't provide a benefit

    Yes that is true, but I think they worry that because of the game's dark color scheme, having tweaks would still be able to make it so certain things may be able to be easier to see for everyone. I personally use Overwatch's color blind mode because I prefer blue and purple for my colors, but I am not color blind.

  • @MysticMusician said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116942#Comment_1116942

    Yes that is true, but I think they worry that because of the game's dark color scheme, having tweaks would still be able to make it so certain things may be able to be easier to see for everyone. I personally use Overwatch's color blind mode because I prefer blue and purple for my colors, but I am not color blind.

    What is there to consider? Name something specific, to me it is just another thing on the list which usually every game by industry standards has compared to ofc dbd. Resolution Change? Graphic options? Sound options? Color blind??? Never heard of in canada.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116945#Comment_1116945

    What is there to consider? Name something specific, to me it is just another thing on the list which usually every game by industry standards has compared to ofc dbd. Resolution Change? Graphic options? Sound options? Color blind??? Never heard of in canada.

    I'm just saying I believe the BHVR specifically stated somewhere that they want to add color blind options but had to figure out a way to do it without making it so anyone can use it to make things more visible to have an unfair advantage.

  • @MysticMusician said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116950#Comment_1116950

    I'm just saying I believe the BHVR specifically stated somewhere that they want to add color blind options but had to figure out a way to do it without making it so anyone can use it to make things more visible to have an unfair advantage.

    That does make sense from their pov tbf.

  • @PalletYui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132599/proof-that-the-game-is-survivor-sided-as-hell

    Oh my Lord. Will you killer mains please stop just finding things to complain about? You're finally starting to get your way just stop.

    A few things are going to be fixed but not the main stuff, there's a reason so many killer mains complain

  • I don't feel like reading this. 🤷

    The Devs are trying to balance the game for both sides. It doesn't come off that way sometimes but they are.

    Edit: Ok, ok I'll read it.

    First Line: "This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game."

    ... This is blatantly false. They have talked about all of these things, multiple times. Just because they don't say what you want them too doesn't mean they aren't talking about it.

    That's it. I'm out.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game.

    Sight. It's a huge part of our everyday lives, it's a huge part of dead by daylight - so why is it that those who have any sight difficulties are actively pushed away from playing killer?

    To explain : as a survivor what you have to use your eyes for is fairly easy to see : generators are a brightish red to contrast its environment. Pallets are a multitude of simualrly bright colours, vaults have a very distinct shape, and totems you can cleanse to damage a killer glows a bright orange.

    However things like the hags traps (which can be made to glow as bright as can be with a flashlight), darkened trapper traps and stealth killers can be hard to see, however most stealth killers have audio cues they make to make sure that someone who has a visual imparement can react to stealth killers

    As a killer : survivors have a multitude of cosmetics that blend into the environment which combined with some of the darker outdoor maps can make tracking anyone a pain. Hooks share the same colour pallet as the map are hard to see unless they have an aura, the blood pools survivors leave while Injured can be hidden by the grass or they blend into the grey indoor map floors at time (particularly on the game's bottom floor). And survivors have perks that can take away the killers ability to use their audio to help them. Perks like iron will, quick and quiet, sprint burst to some extent, off the record.

    So what can a killer with a visual imparement do to make the game playable for them? They have to grind the wraith all the way to level 40 to get shadowborn (should be an option in the options menu) and bloodhound (making it so those with colour blindness have a chance of tracking blood). Which in turn alienates that audience due to the options they need to play the game being locked being a progression gate that opens up into a relam of rng to get the perks.

    Survivors just have to jump straight into the rng as the equivenlant perks (spine chill and premonition) are general perks. And not just that they're good perks too.

    But regardless. Its imoral to force a player to suffer through terrible conditions to have a chance of getting the tools they need to play the game. Which will ultimately handicap them at the higher ranks of play as every perk slot for a killer is invaluable

    But arent the perks you mentioned for survivors a grind too?

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    I don't feel like reading this. 🤷

    The Devs are trying to balance the game for both sides. It doesn't come off that way sometimes but they are.

    Edit: Ok, ok I'll read it.

    First Line: "This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game."

    ... This is blatantly false. They have talked about all of these things, multiple times. Just because they don't say what you want them too doesn't mean they aren't talking about it.

    That's it. I'm out.

    You came in here just to flap around false lies made off of personal thoughts. They have officially said they balance for lower rank survivors a few times now and explained why. I get so impatient with lazy people. It spreads illusory truth affect.

  • I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused, do you mean that generator a bright red for survivors when they are using deja vu?

    I agree with @MysticMusician the Devs are probably willing to add a colorblind mode but aren't sure what's the best way to do it. A lot changes came pretty late to dead by daylight compared to other games, for example tutorials and the disonnect penalty, so I personally think that BHVR is relativly slow with changes.

  • My point was that the journey to get those perks for survivor is considerably shorter than getting those perks for killer

  • If all gens are done by the time I get back from the toilet, then we have a problem.

    (I'm joking.)

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    I don't feel like reading this. 🤷

    The Devs are trying to balance the game for both sides. It doesn't come off that way sometimes but they are.

    Edit: Ok, ok I'll read it.

    First Line: "This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game."

    ... This is blatantly false. They have talked about all of these things, multiple times. Just because they don't say what you want them too doesn't mean they aren't talking about it.

    That's it. I'm out.

    What? How did you reach that conclusion.

    Please read the whole post (OR AT LEAST MORE THAN THE FIRST SENTENCE) before commenting. Because your comment makes no sense and has completely nothing to do with the posts subject.

    SPOILER: post is not about game balance, its about accessibility options

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116933#Comment_1116933

    The whole point of a colour blind option is making things easier to see to those with colour blindness, on my head I'm thinking of overwatches colourblind modes that change specific colours or stuff like that, a colour blind mode doesn't make a game brighter. It usually tweaks some if the colour pallet choices so to the average player this wouldn't be abusble as the colour difference wouldn't provide a benefit

    Overwatch isnt based on what you can see or hide from within an environment.

    It's easy to point to other examples and say hey, they do it why not us!?

    When in reality, simply adding the option of brighter textures or colors, to help colorblind people, would lead to the non impaired turning them on for an advantage.

  • Spine Chill and Premonition are unlocked by default on all surviviors, you just have to find them on bloodweb, and you can easily do this at lvl 20 or something.

  • @TitanByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117131#Comment_1117131

    A few things are going to be fixed but not the main stuff, there's a reason so many killer mains complain

    Yeah but most killers dont complain about color blind options. Colorblind people do. Not just killers.

    When you keep saying "killers complain" or "killers hard time" it seems more like you want killer ease and not actual colorblind assistance for both sides.

    I'm not saying that's your actual thought. Just how it seems when you keep talking about killers.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117163#Comment_1117163

    Yeah but most killers dont complain about color blind options. Colorblind people do. Not just killers.

    When you keep saying "killers complain" or "killers hard time" it seems more like you want killer ease and not actual colorblind assistance for both sides.

    I'm not saying that's your actual thought. Just how it seems when you keep talking about killers.

    I think the reason OP specified Killer as their reason for wanting colorblind assistance is because Killers need it more. Most of killers tracking capabilities rely on sight, such as blood pools, scratch marks, etc. Not to say their abilities don't rely on sound now and then (I have caught people because of grass crunching beneath their feet).

    As a survivor, subtle time sensetive color shifts are not neccesary. All of the things you need to focus on are bright (generators, pallets to an extent, lit totems). I don't believe that only one side should get a colorblind mode, and I don't believe this is survivor sided (in a similar manner to more competitive games, color blind mode and hearing loss mode can make things extremelt unfair. I hate to use this as an example, but Fortnite has a hearing deficiency mode, which gives you subtitles based on noises around you. Including footsteps and gunshots you may not have heard even id you could hear. Imagine if you were playing a stealth killer and got a text warning they were coming).

    Colorblind would be hard to impliment, but I think it should be something the devs should at least think about. For both sides. This is for the enjoyment of all, not to buff one side or another

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117163#Comment_1117163

    Yeah but most killers dont complain about color blind options. Colorblind people do. Not just killers.

    When you keep saying "killers complain" or "killers hard time" it seems more like you want killer ease and not actual colorblind assistance for both sides.

    I'm not saying that's your actual thought. Just how it seems when you keep talking about killers.

    What @I_Be_Pro_Fun said

  • @I_Be_Pro_Fun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117632#Comment_1117632

    I think the reason OP specified Killer as their reason for wanting colorblind assistance is because Killers need it more. Most of killers tracking capabilities rely on sight, such as blood pools, scratch marks, etc. Not to say their abilities don't rely on sound now and then (I have caught people because of grass crunching beneath their feet).

    As a survivor, subtle time sensetive color shifts are not neccesary. All of the things you need to focus on are bright (generators, pallets to an extent, lit totems). I don't believe that only one side should get a colorblind mode, and I don't believe this is survivor sided (in a similar manner to more competitive games, color blind mode and hearing loss mode can make things extremelt unfair. I hate to use this as an example, but Fortnite has a hearing deficiency mode, which gives you subtitles based on noises around you. Including footsteps and gunshots you may not have heard even id you could hear. Imagine if you were playing a stealth killer and got a text warning they were coming).

    Colorblind would be hard to impliment, but I think it should be something the devs should at least think about. For both sides. This is for the enjoyment of all, not to buff one side or another

    Finally , someone read the actual post and understood what I was trying to say. Thank you

  • @PalletYui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132599/proof-that-the-game-is-survivor-sided-as-hell

    Oh my Lord. Will you killer mains please stop just finding things to complain about? You're finally starting to get your way just stop.

    You sure about that?

  • What's that Nvidia color thing that bad killer mains like to abuse to make survivors and their scratch marks easier to see? Can that be used to manipulate the colors for colorblind people?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1116942#Comment_1116942

    Overwatch isnt based on what you can see or hide from within an environment.

    It's easy to point to other examples and say hey, they do it why not us!?

    When in reality, simply adding the option of brighter textures or colors, to help colorblind people, would lead to the non impaired turning them on for an advantage.

    I get that but personally, when you get use to the game you start seeing scratch marks fine. It doesn't take skill and just becomes a natural imo.

    It really wouldn't make much of a difference on the game if they added a colourblind mode as long as they didn't make survivors a vastly different colour than their surroundings. Scratch marks and everything would be great for this.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117264#Comment_1117264

    My point was that the journey to get those perks for survivor is considerably shorter than getting those perks for killer

    I get points easier as killer? This might just be me personally but i find as killer its not nearly as much of a grind. I also find killer much easier

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1117264#Comment_1117264

    Spine Chill and Premonition are unlocked by default on all surviviors, you just have to find them on bloodweb, and you can easily do this at lvl 20 or something.

    Dead hard, sprint burst and a few others were mentioned. Also the more you level up the harder it is to find yellow perks or green rather than purple, so that depends on luck.

  • So where's said "proof"? All I see is stuff that was said by others before you and is kinda obvious.


    PS:

    If you have nvidia gpu there is a colourblind filter there. AMD has something too I think.Stop giving devs ######### when you can take care of it very easily , and there's a reason why they didn't add that to the game. There are enough games that don't have that in there.

  • @BigBubs said:

    So where's said "proof"? All I see is stuff that was said by others before you and is kinda obvious.

    PS:

    If you have nvidia gpu there is a colourblind filter there. AMD has something too I think.Stop giving devs ######### when you can take care of it very easily , and there's a reason why they didn't add that to the game. There are enough games that don't have that in there.

    The proof is the research done into generator speeds after the toolbox buffs : https://t.co/VchR0zgb4z?amp=1


    And I can't take care of it easily.i play on console, I don't have access to any colorblind setting and ontop of that not everyone can just buy a good gpu. Then again I really don't know the costs of computer parts but. My point here is I can't mess with any gpus on console

  • @KillerKiller said:

    THIS IS A LONG POST but I end it with great advice for struggling killers.

    What game are you playing?

    The very design of the game is that killers have a profound advantage. So much so, that death is inevitable and the goal of the game is to fix gens and escape fast enough that you can escape your inevitable demise.

    I cannot understand anyone perceiving this game as anything but killer biased. It is PROFOUNDLY killer biased. AND IM A KILLER MAIN! Its so killer biased that there are many killers I can't play because it's so easy that I feel like a big jerk. I can't play with Michael, Leatherface, Freddy, Trapper, Oni, or the new Doctor because they're all so OP that survivors don't have a chance for survival.

    I also belong to a very large group of friends who play this game together. All of us have the same experience. As killer, we get 4/4 95% of the time. As survivor, 19 out of 20 matches are 4k. Survivors have no chance in this game. Even playing in SwF. Then I hear killers saying things like the game is survivor balanced and im like WHAT?

    WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?

    I've spoken at length with these killers and every time it has become apparent that the reason they fail to perform well is because they get psyched out. For me, if a player starts looping, im thrilled because I know Loopers are a guaranteed hook. I get them every time on the 3rd loop around right at the pallet. Sometimes they stun me as they go down, sometimes not, but they always go down. But these killers get intimidated when someone loops.

    Like all sports, the second you are psyched out, it's over.

    The truth is, almost all of my games are 4k unless I let them go and when I play survivor, I escape maybe one out of 20 matches.

    And im a red rank level 1 survivor so im as good as it gets. It's just that the game is too killer balanced. The devs only care about killers.

    They always nerf survivors. They nerfed 5 survivor traits and then one killer trait and the killers lost it. This game caters to killers so much that it's unfair. Worse, they also let killers get away with bullying, cheating, exploits, and making other players miserable.

    I find it profoundly obnoxious when people say "git gud" but the truth of the matter is,

    If you aren't getting 4k every game, it's not the game. The game is designed to give killers the profound advantage. It's you, not the game.

    Ideally, killers should average 2 kills per game. Sometimes 4k, sometimes none, sometimes 1,2, or 3, averaging at 2k per match. Survivors should escape 50% of the time.

    95% of all games I play are 4k. Killer or survivor and I escape one in 20 matches. I go days without escaping a match.

    So I don't know who these killers are who have a hard time but I promise you, from one killer to another, it's not the game. It's you.

    You need to understand some killers will work with your playing style, some won't. So you need to try different killers till you find a good fit. Otherwise, you need to adjust your strategy for each killer you play.

    For instance. As legion, you frenzy stab to keep them off gens because they're sending and self healing. Then, once everyone is wounded you find one to chase to hook.

    As hag, you trap gens and exits to prevent progress and only chase someone if they're already injured by a teleport hit.

    As purge, you puke on gens so they can't fix them and if you see someone suddenly get infected, you know they're working on a gen you just puked on and go back.

    Pig was DESTROYED by egc, but as pig, you sneak up and dash attack on genworkers then chase one for 5-10 seconds then crouch again and return to the gen to get the players who returned to it, thinking you're chasing the other. If you're fast enough, you'll nail them before the old chase knows you stopped chasing them which gets you past swf communication.

    But you can't play the same strategy for two different killers

    And most importantly

    NEVER CHASE ANYONE for more than 20-30 seconds. If a down doesn't come easily, don't waste your time while 3 players do gens. Leave them and pursue them later when you get an advantage on them.

    And lastly, never get psyched out.

    As killer, you have the profound advantage. Act like it. There is no way for a survivor to escape you. You're faster and they can't hurt you. So stop chasing people like it's hard. Own your power. Act like you have the advantage BECAUSE YOU DO.

    U mmmm....this post is about accesablity options. Not game balance

  • Yes and survivors know this as well, but they aren't going to complain about it lol I stopped playing because I got so bored of playing survivor because of how easy it gotten. I could complain, but it's not like I'm going to have other survivors agreeing with me that survivors need some real good nerfs 😂 so I just decided to not play anymore.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game.

    Sight. It's a huge part of our everyday lives, it's a huge part of dead by daylight - so why is it that those who have any sight difficulties are actively pushed away from playing killer?

    To explain : as a survivor what you have to use your eyes for is fairly easy to see : generators are a brightish red to contrast its environment. Pallets are a multitude of simualrly bright colours, vaults have a very distinct shape, and totems you can cleanse to damage a killer glows a bright orange.

    However things like the hags traps (which can be made to glow as bright as can be with a flashlight), darkened trapper traps and stealth killers can be hard to see, however most stealth killers have audio cues they make to make sure that someone who has a visual imparement can react to stealth killers

    As a killer : survivors have a multitude of cosmetics that blend into the environment which combined with some of the darker outdoor maps can make tracking anyone a pain. Hooks share the same colour pallet as the map are hard to see unless they have an aura, the blood pools survivors leave while Injured can be hidden by the grass or they blend into the grey indoor map floors at time (particularly on the game's bottom floor). And survivors have perks that can take away the killers ability to use their audio to help them. Perks like iron will, quick and quiet, sprint burst to some extent, off the record.

    So what can a killer with a visual imparement do to make the game playable for them? They have to grind the wraith all the way to level 40 to get shadowborn (should be an option in the options menu) and bloodhound (making it so those with colour blindness have a chance of tracking blood). Which in turn alienates that audience due to the options they need to play the game being locked being a progression gate that opens up into a relam of rng to get the perks.

    Survivors just have to jump straight into the rng as the equivenlant perks (spine chill and premonition) are general perks. And not just that they're good perks too.

    But regardless. Its imoral to force a player to suffer through terrible conditions to have a chance of getting the tools they need to play the game. Which will ultimately handicap them at the higher ranks of play as every perk slot for a killer is invaluable

    That’s no proof. Killers have such an advantage it’s insane 😂 vision most definitely should be impaired (1st person) as it allows survivors to actually have better survivability with close encounters by maneuvering the environment. I mean, they have all those abilities to phase through walls and teleport and sneak up on people why do you need 3rd person too? You’re just asking for too much. Not having fun playing killer you’re not playing killer right. It’s more so the other way around. Survivors aren’t fun a lot of the time because of the messed up ######### killers do camping hooks and slugs .... you’re lucky to find people to play against

  • It really seems like a chore

  • Part of obtaining sufficient points to match those of the killers at the end of the match is to actually survive and complete objectives. However, as much as killers want to complain about certain perks or the way survivors play I really feel like it’s the other way around particularly because of all the control killers have on how any one particular players match goes. Tunnel, camp, whatever. Is it fair that one survivor tries to loop and eventually goes down in the process only to leave a match with 5K because nothing else got done by that guy Because the killer won’t let him get off the hook or the ground? No. But here killers are racking in the points. If you don’t expect us to get out alive often at least give us more points for playing. I’m not here for these killers’ amusement and/or benefit. I’d rather play something else. If I pay for your game I want my cut. Just sayin. You put these bs melee ranges on these killers that one hit me and face camp? Nah. Like who cares if you don’t kill everyone? You get plenty of points. You don’t have to. It’s a fight and struggle as survivor to get theirs. Surviving gives them a little bonus so I’m sorry if they actually want to get out alive more often. I’m sorry they gen rushed you. How about the devs give surv more points then. Sometimes matches go really quick, I just feel deflated after leaving a game with no

    points because I didn’t get the chance to keep playing because that’s what’ a killer decides is going to happen. There should be a debuff for the killer that Applies within a radius of a hooked survivor where he loses bloodpoints/second

  • If there was ever a post trying So hard and yet giving so little about the whole “The game is survivor sided here is proof” is this one.

    You can literally see ALL generator auras, You can literally see ALL hook auras that are available to you when you carry a survivor. You can literally walk without the need to worry about leaving scratch marks.

    Like, if you wanna make a thread about visually hindering objects in the environment is one thing but to try to sell this as proof the game is survivor sided, no one is buying that.

    That would be like saying the game is killer sided because it has random trash that I get stuck on for no reason.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    This won't talk about game balance, it won't talk about generator speed. But the actual ability for one to enjoy the game.

    Sight. It's a huge part of our everyday lives, it's a huge part of dead by daylight - so why is it that those who have any sight difficulties are actively pushed away from playing killer?

    To explain : as a survivor what you have to use your eyes for is fairly easy to see : generators are a brightish red to contrast its environment. Pallets are a multitude of simualrly bright colours, vaults have a very distinct shape, and totems you can cleanse to damage a killer glows a bright orange.

    However things like the hags traps (which can be made to glow as bright as can be with a flashlight), darkened trapper traps and stealth killers can be hard to see, however most stealth killers have audio cues they make to make sure that someone who has a visual imparement can react to stealth killers

    As a killer : survivors have a multitude of cosmetics that blend into the environment which combined with some of the darker outdoor maps can make tracking anyone a pain. Hooks share the same colour pallet as the map are hard to see unless they have an aura, the blood pools survivors leave while Injured can be hidden by the grass or they blend into the grey indoor map floors at time (particularly on the game's bottom floor). And survivors have perks that can take away the killers ability to use their audio to help them. Perks like iron will, quick and quiet, sprint burst to some extent, off the record.

    So what can a killer with a visual imparement do to make the game playable for them? They have to grind the wraith all the way to level 40 to get shadowborn (should be an option in the options menu) and bloodhound (making it so those with colour blindness have a chance of tracking blood). Which in turn alienates that audience due to the options they need to play the game being locked being a progression gate that opens up into a relam of rng to get the perks.

    Survivors just have to jump straight into the rng as the equivenlant perks (spine chill and premonition) are general perks. And not just that they're good perks too.

    But regardless. Its imoral to force a player to suffer through terrible conditions to have a chance of getting the tools they need to play the game. Which will ultimately handicap them at the higher ranks of play as every perk slot for a killer is invaluable

    sBiaEgHP_o.jpg


  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    If there was ever a post trying So hard and yet giving so little about the whole “The game is survivor sided here is proof” is this one.

    You can literally see ALL generator auras, You can literally see ALL hook auras that are available to you when you carry a survivor. You can literally walk without the need to worry about leaving scratch marks.

    Like, if you wanna make a thread about visually hindering objects in the environment is one thing but to try to sell this as proof the game is survivor sided, no one is buying that.

    That would be like saying the game is killer sided because it has random trash that I get stuck on for no reason.

    I don't think you read the title correctly. Proof is written as "proof" for a reason.

    Because if you wanted proof that the game is survivor sided you'd look at all the complaints on the forums and then cross reference them with how quickly those changes got put through.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1131265#Comment_1131265

    I don't think you read the title correctly. Proof is written as "proof" for a reason.

    Because if you wanted proof that the game is survivor sided you'd look at all the complaints on the forums and then cross reference them with how quickly those changes got put through.

    @Seltas0208

    Still doesn’t change the fact that this is reaching a new level of “this is a survivor sided game”.

    Also, many of those complaints you speak of is a lot of people just insulting either the devs or survivors so I try not to waste time on posts which have 0 substance and basically just seeking attention.

    Yes there are legit posts which offer a different outlook on things, maybe some new ideas but they come far in between.