What was your biggest facepalm moment of yourself

For survivor i once mistook No mither for dead hard. I just saw David and said yeah that's the perk i want. You can imagine my surprise when i entered the trial injured

For Killer i once started a match and i did horrible. I could find any survivors constantly lost them in chase. It wasen't untill one gen was left i realised i had my headphones on backwards so all the sounds were reversed

Do you people have any embarressing stories that made you facepalm for yourself?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Wearing your headphones on backwards cracked me up! That's the sort of thing I would do.

    I think my biggest facepalm moment was in the early days whilst learning killer, playing Trapper - finally caught someone, and promptly stepped in my own trap and they escaped :(

    I've done too many facepalm things as a survivor to even remember at this point, I'm usually left sitting there trying to think what was in my mind and the whole "why on earth did I do that?"

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    For survivor i once mistook No mither for dead hard. I just saw David and said yeah that's the perk i want. You can imagine my surprise when i entered the trial injured

    For Killer i once started a match and i did horrible. I could find any survivors constantly lost them in chase. It wasen't untill one gen was left i realised i had my headphones on backwards so all the sounds were reversed

    Do you people have any embarressing stories that made you facepalm for yourself?

    Buying Dead by Daylight, June 2018

  • Downloading the game again and expecting things to be different...

  • Hooking a survivor then hatch spawns next to hook ( but I can’t see it only hear it so I can’t close it at all) then the survivor gets off hook and jumps into the ground pretty good job so far

  • I was playing survivor and my rank got reset to grey ranks because I was focused on other things/games. I thought "These survivors shouldn't be too bad".

    I could only play SWF just to get back to yellow ranks, let alone green.

  • Tried to heal a downed person at the pallet, killer came so I tried to drop it but I ended up healing the downed person a bit and took a hit. I then dropped the pallet and tried to finish the heal but I vaulted instead and got knocked down. To make it worse one person was hooked nearby and the other guy was dead with the last gen nearly finished. I was the teams last hope with all the tools I needed available for a comeback. I failed them spectacularly.

    I think even the killer facepalmed at my stupidity.

  • @Mandy said:

    Wearing your headphones on backwards cracked me up! That's the sort of thing I would do.

    I think my biggest facepalm moment was in the early days whilst learning killer, playing Trapper - finally caught someone, and promptly stepped in my own trap and they escaped :(

    I've done too many facepalm things as a survivor to even remember at this point, I'm usually left sitting there trying to think what was in my mind and the whole "why on earth did I do that?"

    You mean this? ❤

    NMCKE playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more XboxOne clips at XboxClips.com
  • When I started playing on Xbox I negated to read the control panel and when I was found I didn’t know how to run.

    lol

  • I didn't know you could lunge till green ranks. I just tapped RT.

    Yep, those were the days.

  • Expecting decent patch that will not punish killers exclusively.

  • i.. camped the last gen thinking it's the only gen left. until i realized there are 2 other gens they can work on. yeah, i had just started playing dbd and had no clue of the game lol

    as survivor i once exposed a claudette to the killer because she was only camping the hatch. then she messaged me she had a key and was waiting and looking for me. i felt so stupid lol

  • My biggest oof as I first played dbd I got everyone's teachable perk as killer except the hags bc I sucked using her just to find out later she had the one perk every killer needs not to be gen rushed half to heck.

  • Lol, I admit that I've done the reversed headphone thing a number of times. :P

    I think my embarrassment moment happened pretty early on in DBD where I played several games as Trapper wondering why I only had one Bear Trap the entire game, only to eventually realize that there are Bear Traps scattered all throughout the map.

  • My first game playing killer I didn't pick up anybody and I camped 1 exit gate. That was so sad to remember.

  • Attempting to 360 only to run into a tree.

    As killer, thinking that the ambient screaming (on Léry’s) was pointing towards the direction of the survivors. I ran into the center so many times and had no idea.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    For survivor i once mistook No mither for dead hard. I just saw David and said yeah that's the perk i want. You can imagine my surprise when i entered the trial injured

    For Killer i once started a match and i did horrible. I could find any survivors constantly lost them in chase. It wasen't untill one gen was left i realised i had my headphones on backwards so all the sounds were reversed

    Do you people have any embarressing stories that made you facepalm for yourself?

    ######### I wore my headphones reverted too and I hated it so much I didnt get until the end of my playing session why i couldnt find people / ran into killers all the time

  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/120324/what-was-your-biggest-facepalm-moment-of-yourself

    ######### I wore my headphones reverted too and I hated it so much I didnt get until the end of my playing session why i couldnt find people / ran into killers all the time

    It's so confusing right?

    Really made me realise how important sounds are in this game

  • Trying to body block a basement camper killer for a Claudette to escape and ended up body blocking her instead, hehehe

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    For survivor i once mistook No mither for dead hard. I just saw David and said yeah that's the perk i want. You can imagine my surprise when i entered the trial injured

    For Killer i once started a match and i did horrible. I could find any survivors constantly lost them in chase. It wasen't untill one gen was left i realised i had my headphones on backwards so all the sounds were reversed

    Do you people have any embarressing stories that made you facepalm for yourself?

    I actually did the headphones thing for awhile. Got a new pair and the mic was on the other side than what Im use to... didnt figure it out for afew days.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    For survivor i once mistook No mither for dead hard. I just saw David and said yeah that's the perk i want. You can imagine my surprise when i entered the trial injured

    For Killer i once started a match and i did horrible. I could find any survivors constantly lost them in chase. It wasen't untill one gen was left i realised i had my headphones on backwards so all the sounds were reversed

    Do you people have any embarressing stories that made you facepalm for yourself?

    I was 2 full blinks away from my ruin totem when I got the sound notification someone was on it.

    I spilled a cup of energy drink infused iced coffee and my cute as a button black lab puppy began lapping it up.

    Naturally I had to defend my totem.

    The puppy had a heart attack and died.

    Remember survivors, every time you cleanse a totem, you might be killing an adorable little puppy.

    (i'm obviously kidding. please don't sick peta on me)

  • My most recent '#########' moment came as I was Trapper. I set a trap at a good pallet, then found that one toxic survivor who had been hounding me all match either vault spamming when I wouldn't chase, or teabagging when I would. Went through a chase of maybe fifteen seconds, downed them, went to pick up a nearby trap, then returned and picked them up. Except they had crawled on top of my previous trap. . . yeah. Trapped myself, they got free, dropped the pallet on me, teabagged, made it to the gate. I was so incredibly angry at myself for that;. . .

  • i played Doc.

    i attacked my own illusion, thinking it was a survivor...

    i am not proud of it xD

  • Spending money on this game back in the day