The question we're not asking about gens...

To the devs:

Do you believe that the current state of generator speed is fine?

It's possible for a killer to traverse the entire length of a map just in time to see the first gen be completed by a group of survivors.

Is this ok even as an outlier situation?

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • like the devs care about what we think as long as the money keeps flowing from battle passes and cosmetics they can easyily sustain a drop in the playbase as long as the whales keep buying their stuff

    not to mention its easy to lie with statistics as long as you dont show the whole picture you can always bend the perception the way you want

    and i am sure gen speed is too long for rank 20 survivors

  • Ruin is gone!! We can install that game again!!! HOORAY

  • They always avoid these questions. I wonder why...

  • @PoisonN said:

    They always avoid these questions. I wonder why...

    Me too.

  • That kind of situation highlights a map issue to me, not a gen one.

    A lot of maps are just too big.

  • Lets be real for a minute. This game has been out a couple years now. It is still being developed and it still has a strong player base. As much as I have said they are, the team at bhvr is not stupid. Do they do things thinking about money more so than the established player base? Probably. But they are not a charity. If they don't make money, there is no game right? So we can't fault them for that. I'm sure they know the objectives are a major issue. I'm sure they know playing survivor is extremely easy and i'm sure they know that they don't need to change it right now because they are still making money.

    I have no proof but feel confident the ruin change was made because they viewed it as costing new survivors sticking around and buying cosmetics. When the fact that survivor is so easy and playing killer is something most people don't want to do and they start losing players/money they will fix it. This doesn't mean they are stupid or evil...it means they are a business.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They avoided allowing in place for feedback for Ruin in the PTB survey, too.

    I don't want to be that guy, but it does make one think.

    Same was with Balanced Landing btw.

    But of course that cannot be measured on the same scale, because its a Survivor Perk.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984386#Comment_984386

    Same was with Balanced Landing btw.

    But of course that cannot be measured on the same scale, because its a Survivor Perk.

    I mean the Ruin change was infinitely more drastic than the Balanced Landing one.

    As far as I remember though they've never had questions about perk reworks in their surveys.

  • The new ruin is what surge should have been. Then less killers would have relied as much on ruin. However they should just make it a normal perk or let it come back to a dull totem after 30 seconds of it being broken

  • @Hex_KillerMainBTW said:

    The new ruin is what surge should have been. Then less killers would have relied as much on ruin. However they should just make it a normal perk or let it come back to a dull totem after 30 seconds of it being broken

    30 seconds is too short in my opinion but that's a really good idea

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984430#Comment_984430

    30 seconds is too short in my opinion but that's a really good idea

    Could even go up to 40/50 seconds. My issue is that I feel like hex totems should be a bit better. Devour hope is really good if you can get the hooks in. Even one kill with it is pretty good. Haunted grounds is very good imo. But the weakest one I would say is Huntress Lullaby.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    To the devs:

    Do you believe that the current state of generator speed is fine?

    It's possible for a killer to traverse the entire length of a map just in time to see the first gen be completed by a group of survivors.

    Is this ok even as an outlier situation?

    It's also possible for killers to have multiple people hooked within 1 min.

    Kinda depends on luck and who you face off with.

  • I wonder if genrush would be so bad if toolboxes didn't increase the speed anymore

    What if instead of speed they made the great skillcheck area bigger?

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I wonder if genrush would be so bad if toolboxes didn't increase the speed anymore

    What if instead of speed they made the great skillcheck area bigger?

    LOL why not just delete them?

  • This content has been removed.
  • what do you mean if they made great skill check zones bigger than they could counter ruin...... oh wait a second

  • @ruler33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984635#Comment_984635

    what do you mean if they made great skill check zones bigger than they could counter ruin...... oh wait a second

    I get you're a killer main. Yes. However it's like how no one stops to sabo anymore and noobs run sc instead of adrenaline.

    What you want is de facto deleting toolboxes.

  • They would still speed up gens in a way and give more bloodpoints

    Would also be more fun for new survivors to be able to hit more great skillchecks

    New survivors who are struggling would still find them usefull while only veteran survivors that already can hit greats would be affected

    I think it would be a good way to nerf the top survivors without affecting the low ranks too much

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984635#Comment_984635

    They would still speed up gens in a way and give more bloodpoints

    Would also be more fun for new survivors to be able to hit more great skillchecks

    New survivors who are struggling would still find them usefull while only veteran survivors that already can hit greats would be affected

    I think it would be a good way to nerf the top survivors without affecting the low ranks too much

    Lets remove insta downs while we're at it... Shouldn't affect veteran killers much.

  • Making that change to toolboxes is de facto deleting them. Why play stupid?

  • Personally, when I play survivor I'm not looking to spend an hour repairing a gen. Gen speeds should stay as is. Maybe it's time to just add one more gen? The maps are probably too small for that to work.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    To the devs:

    Do you believe that the current state of generator speed is fine?

    It's possible for a killer to traverse the entire length of a map just in time to see the first gen be completed by a group of survivors.

    Is this ok even as an outlier situation?

    That's not about gen speed there, it's about map design :

    Ormond almost always puts you at the polar opposite of the survivors, and it usually ends up meaning you will lose the first gen if someone brought either Prove Thyself or a Commodious toolbox

    Same for some spawns of Red Forest, Rotten Fields, Fractured Cowshed and Temple of Purgation.

    The gen speed is fine, really, but the maps make it terrifying. Also, toolboxes should be adressed asap after Ruin gets reworked, I hope it can be reworked for the 15th Chapter.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @VincentRedfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984665#Comment_984665

    Lets remove insta downs while we're at it... Shouldn't affect veteran killers much.

    I'm sorry, but that comparison doesn't make any sense

    How does making toolboxes not effect high skill survivors equal to removing several killer powers + perks

    Sorry to say but i'm sensing some bias here

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119070/the-question-were-not-asking-about-gens

    That's not about gen speed there, it's about map design :

    Ormond almost always puts you at the polar opposite of the survivors, and it usually ends up meaning you will lose the first gen if someone brought either Prove Thyself or a Commodious toolbox

    Same for some spawns of Red Forest, Rotten Fields, Fractured Cowshed and Temple of Purgation.

    The gen speed is fine, really, but the maps make it terrifying. Also, toolboxes should be adressed asap after Ruin gets reworked, I hope it can be reworked for the 15th Chapter.

    This is a fair point.

  • @Actually_Jesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984672#Comment_984672

    Imagine making that comparison in a game with huge maps (lack of ability to apply gen pressure with how fast they go even without toolboxes), where it's 1v4.

    Please, I implore you to think about what you're saying.

    See it's made for 2 people to escape on average and 2 perish. Literally. Thats why killers are so upset, they want average 4ks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/984407#Comment_984407

    That's just it. Asymmetric game play doesn't work well with capitalism. These greedy ass holes will always just listen to the largest part of the community (Survivors) because that's where that sweet, sweet, DLC money comes from. They don't give a single flying ######### about us.

    Also, it's the Killer player's fault for not doing what I did. Just stop playing. There needs to be protests; a boycott. But, you people are too ######### ######### to have the balls to do what needs to be done. I haven't played for about a month and played better games, like Street Fighter 5 instead. https://streetfighter.com/

    I don't need this sad sack of ######### of a game in my life anymore and I hope the devs do go bankrupt. They are ######### devs that made a ######### game. That's what's supposed to happen.

    If you feel they should make the game in their spare time for free then I don't know what to tell you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985338#Comment_985338

    I feel they should actually balance their game. What they do is blatant catering to one side over the other. Games can be done is about 3 mins. People don't want to waste a perk slot on ruin; they HAD to.

    The right choice is to look at why 80 something % of people used ruin and fix that problem. Not nerf ruin into the ground without fixing the reason why people needed it.

    Survivor side is M1 to victory. It's not even a game. It's running circles and M1.

    Even with ruin, gens usually went far too fast. They need to take at least double, if not triple the time they take. But, they don't. It's the same time. And now the only tool people had to defend against this is taken away.

    Behavior is ruled by their Survivor players. That's why gen times will never increase. That's why we got SWF. That's why SWF is never balanced for.

    Nothing can be done that would ever piss them off too much. Yet, Killer players are pissed off with nerfs that cut to the bone routinely and not a single person at Behavior bats a ######### eye.

    They know who feeds them. The real idiots are the people who keep playing Killer. As long as Survivors can find matches, then Behavior is happy. Your experience, as a Killer player, means absolutely nothing to them.

    Ask the lead. Don't like playing Killer? He has three solutions for you.

    1: Take a break.

    2: Play Civ 3.

    3: Play Survivor.

    I decided to play Street Fighter 5 instead of Civ 3. But, Matt's advice was helpful. The best solution to this game is to just walk away from it. It's not worth it. And, frankly, I'm finding these forums posts not worth it anymore either.

    I don't think playing killer makes you an idiot. I don't think people would play it off they didn't enjoy it. I've honestly cut back on killer because I really don't enjoy it anymore. But to say anyone who does is an idiot is a little much.... Honestly just take a step back and calm down some. That's Rich coming from the guy with a cellar door over his Avatar because I've been an ass but really it isn't worth being this upset and attacking everyone.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Actually_Jesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985064#Comment_985064

    No. The devs SAY it's made for 2 kills, 2 escapes, but the emblem system they created contradicts that completely. You can kill all 4, and still not get a pip. Not that most of us care about pips, but if we're going to talk about what was made for what, pips DO define victory.

    But yeah, as @SpaceCoconut said, you provided a strawman argument that has no basis in this debate.

    PSA: Using the legal term "Willfully ignorant" to describe a poster's post is enough to get the post deleted and jailbars for being disrespectful and insulting other players lol

    Willful blindness (sometimes called ignorance of law,[1]:761willful ignorance or contrived ignorance or Nelsonian knowledge) is a term used in law to describe a situation in which a person seeks to avoid civil or criminal liability for a wrongful act by intentionally keeping himself or herself unaware of facts that would render him or her liable or implicated. In United States v.

    "Although the term was originally—and still is—used in legal contexts, the phrase "willful ignorance" has come to mean any situation in which people intentionally turn their attention away from an ethical problem that is believed to be important by those using the phrase (for instance, because the problem is too disturbing for people to want it dominating their thoughts, or from the knowledge that solving the problem would require extensive effort)."

  • This content has been removed.