This is going to be so much fun for Survivors with DC penalties, i can't wait :)
Seriously, if scumbag killers like this one become more common with DC penalties, i won't mind last second switching to 4 Toolboxes in a SWF or just hiding until the Killer gives up.
I didn't know this was a thing until today. Devs probably won't fix it until they come back from vacay. Just alt+tab to youtube or something until the killer gets bored, then report them.
I didn't know this was a thing until today. Devs probably won't fix it until they come back from vacay. Just alt+tab to youtube or something until the killer gets bored, then report them.
This has always been a thing, sadly. Should have been patched out ages ago, but alas.
It isn’t bannable since you’ll eventually die I believe.
I think your right Groot since it's not technically hiding the game hostage. Just incredibly scummy.
On a side note I finally got my 4 basement sacrifices. I kept getting DCing people. So I tried to farm amd ask them prior. They would DC when it was time to die. Eventually said screw it. Got a 4 man SWF and killed them legit on Haddonfield.
I think your right Groot since it's not technically hiding the game hostage. Just incredibly scummy.
On a side note I finally got my 4 basement sacrifices. I kept getting DCing people. So I tried to farm amd ask them prior. They would DC when it was time to die. Eventually said screw it. Got a 4 man SWF and killed them legit on Haddonfield.
It isn’t bannable since you’ll eventually die I believe.
It actually is bannable, mister. This is why the “mori spam” was kinda “nerfed“.
Also, isn’t it impossible to bleed out because when you’re getting moried doesn’t your bleed out timer stop? And since they’re spamming it, then wouldn’t it never activate?
This wouldn't happen if survivors didn't bm so much, guarantee 90% of killers that are toxic had one game where they were bm by swf and now choose to punish survivors.
This wouldn't happen if survivors didn't bm so much, guarantee 90% of killers that are toxic had one game where they were bm by swf and now choose to punish survivors.
Except survivor "toxicity" is completely different to killer "toxicity"
While you might find T-Bagging, or flashlight clicking "toxic" it actually has 0 impact on how a match is played out, tbagging/flashligh flicking doesn't prevent or delay anything from happening, while mori spam is directly used to show that you could kill the person but refuse to and instead enact a rather obnoxious animation and force the survivor to wait until bleed out/you do the mori, directly affecting the person either moving on, or preventing others from picking you up.
I'm sorry but the "Survivors are toxic and this is what they get" doesn't really cut it here, at least for me, anyway.
Except survivor "toxicity" is completely different to killer "toxicity"
While you might find T-Bagging, or flashlight clicking "toxic" it actually has 0 impact on how a match is played out, tbagging/flashligh flicking doesn't prevent or delay anything from happening, while mori spam is directly used to show that you could kill the person but refuse to and instead enact a rather obnoxious animation and force the survivor to wait until bleed out/you do the mori, directly affecting the person either moving on, or preventing others from picking you up.
I'm sorry but the "Survivors are toxic and this is what they get" doesn't really cut it here, at least for me, anyway.
I don't see killers in my dm's harassing but almost every survivor game I'm getting told to kill myself and uninstall win or lose. So because someone spammed you in a video game that directly affects you emotionally.
What you are saying is you condone survivors harassing people but when they get a taste of their own medicine that's where you draw the line pfft, if you don't want to get spammed with a mori learn stealth and/or don't be a toxic survivor.
Gotta get hooked once and downed twice to get mori whereas someone bm can mesmerise all the safe pallets and have a 5 gen chase without ruin.
I don't see killers in my dm's harassing but almost every survivor game I'm getting told to kill myself and uninstall win or lose. So because someone spammed you in a video game that directly affects you emotionally.
What you are saying is you condone survivors harassing people but when they get a taste of their own medicine that's where you draw the line pfft, if you don't want to get spammed with a mori learn stealth and/or don't be a toxic survivor.
Gotta get hooked once and downed twice to get mori whereas someone bm can mesmerise all the safe pallets and have a 5 gen chase without ruin.
You're twisting my words awfully hard here.
I don't condone harassment of any form, strictly things you can do in a live match, not any communication or anything outside of that, so please don't try and make it seem like I'm saying it's ok for survivors to send death threats or the like at all, because it's not right for either side, I literally had a killer banned recently for facecamping and tunneling my friend because they were a certain homophobic slur I cannot repeat, had he just tunneled and face camped then fine, but he had to tell us in end game chat why he decided to do what he did which ended in him being banned for 3 days.
Again, i'm sorry but this "don't be a toxic survivor" is just a cowards way of admitting you like the toxicity just as much as the survivors. I've had plenty of games where it's been played normally and something dumb has come out at end game chat etc for no reason, mori spam prevents players moving on, tbagging does not, harrasment via messages etc should not be tolerated and if someone sends you a message of hate, and you go take it out on someone else it doesn't make you a better person.
You mean something that the developers can't ever stop from happening?
The best they can do is remove the convenience of doing so, and since they don't want you to DC over something like this, might as well remove said convenience.
Except survivor "toxicity" is completely different to killer "toxicity"
While you might find T-Bagging, or flashlight clicking "toxic" it actually has 0 impact on how a match is played out, tbagging/flashligh flicking doesn't prevent or delay anything from happening, while mori spam is directly used to show that you could kill the person but refuse to and instead enact a rather obnoxious animation and force the survivor to wait until bleed out/you do the mori, directly affecting the person either moving on, or preventing others from picking you up.
I'm sorry but the "Survivors are toxic and this is what they get" doesn't really cut it here, at least for me, anyway.
Well, that's not necessarily true... since t-bagging gives the killer a choice: loop them round the loop, break the pallet at the loop and they run away, or drop the chase. That's if they Tbag after a pallet. If they're at the open gate, it's just showing: ''I could leave, but I don't want to.''
Clicking flashlights is to gain attention. It's also telling the killer that ''I'm a survivor that isn't afraid of you and wants to get into a chase. I think you're a garbage killer.''
And that's not considering what survivors give killers after the match. There may not be a chat system in game on console, but I've received lots of threats/insults via messages. Survivors are way more susceptible to give this than killers do. That is toxic behavior.
I don't see killers in my dm's harassing but almost every survivor game I'm getting told to kill myself and uninstall win or lose. So because someone spammed you in a video game that directly affects you emotionally.
What you are saying is you condone survivors harassing people but when they get a taste of their own medicine that's where you draw the line pfft, if you don't want to get spammed with a mori learn stealth and/or don't be a toxic survivor.
Gotta get hooked once and downed twice to get mori whereas someone bm can mesmerise all the safe pallets and have a 5 gen chase without ruin.
It's almost exclusively killers who harass me after a game. Usually only times I get messaged by survivors it's a thanks for hatch.
You've gotta be a derp idiot to believe survivors aren't the cause of toxicity in this game, the whole reason the game is a mess, understand without us killers you have no game but yes keep e-begging nerfs and killer man bad yes 👍🙄🤡
Both sides have toxicity. Blaming one only increases the possible amount. Although I do think survivors have more, I'm aware that killers can be incredibly toxic.
Well, that's not necessarily true... since t-bagging gives the killer a choice: loop them round the loop, break the pallet at the loop and they run away, or drop the chase. That's if they Tbag after a pallet. If they're at the open gate, it's just showing: ''I could leave, but I don't want to.''
Clicking flashlights is to gain attention. It's also telling the killer that ''I'm a survivor that isn't afraid of you and wants to get into a chase. I think you're a garbage killer.''
And that's not considering what survivors give killers after the match. There may not be a chat system in game on console, but I've received lots of threats/insults via messages. Survivors are way more susceptible to give this than killers do. That is toxic behavior.
What?
Whether the survivors t-bags or not, you, as a killer still have to make that choice, the t-bagging doesn't affect this choice in the slightest, the same with flashlight flicking, the killer makes the choice whether to pursue it or not, it doesn't slow down or prevent anything from happening in the match.
Again, survivors on the floor don't have a choice, survivor stood in the exit gate, the killer can choose to push them out, they're also on a timer that they can't stop.
Whether the survivors t-bags or not, you, as a killer still have to make that choice, the t-bagging doesn't affect this choice in the slightest, the same with flashlight flicking, the killer makes the choice whether to pursue it or not, it doesn't slow down or prevent anything from happening in the match.
Again, survivors on the floor don't have a choice, survivor stood in the exit gate, the killer can choose to push them out, they're also on a timer that they can't stop.
Survivor actions dictate what the killer does. And vice versa. I was illustrating that survivor actions are just like how killer ones can be in your eyes. With the extra bit that if a killer is mori spamming, they aren't pressuring other survivors on the map.
Survivor actions dictate what the killer does. And vice versa. I was illustrating that survivor actions are just like how killer ones can be in your eyes. With the extra bit that if a killer is mori spamming, they aren't pressuring other survivors on the map.
Why do you only look at one side of this?
If the killer is mori spamming the rest of the match is irrelevant as at this point the killer has made the decision that mori spamming is more important than a win/loss, so whether pressure is applied, something negative is happening in the match, additionally mori spam can be done at the end of a match. I have a video of a nurse mori spamming all 4 survivors, and then carrying a survivor around with infections fright, and dropping the survivor and then hitting them to try and trigger it on the last survivor, she then found the last survivor, closed hatch and proceeded to mori spam that survivor for the entirety of the EGC, so pressure in the match wasn't the issue, the match lasted 30 minutes.
and no, tbagging and flashlight flicking does not dictate what a killer does, flashlight flicking and tbagging does not prevent any action that a killer can do, at all, how ever.
If the killer is mori spamming the rest of the match is irrelevant as at this point the killer has made the decision that mori spamming is more important than a win/loss, so whether pressure is applied, something negative is happening in the match, additionally mori spam can be done at the end of a match. I have a video of a nurse mori spamming all 4 survivors, and then carrying a survivor around with infections fright, and dropping the survivor and then hitting them to try and trigger it on the last survivor, she then found the last survivor, closed hatch and proceeded to mori spam that survivor for the entirety of the EGC, so pressure in the match wasn't the issue, the match lasted 30 minutes.
and no, tbagging and flashlight flicking does not dictate what a killer does, flashlight flicking and tbagging does not prevent any action that a killer can do, at all, how ever.
You're right.
It's still rude, and therefore, toxic behavior. It's deliberate taunting. (Flashlight clicking to get noticed when the killer hasn't seen you yet is different.)
It's still rude, and therefore, toxic behavior. It's deliberate taunting. (Flashlight clicking to get noticed when the killer hasn't seen you yet is different.)
How is it rude? I've legit used T-Bagging/Flashlight flicks to coax a camping killer away from the hook, it's literally a tactic, just like tunneling and camping is.
Mori Spamming has 0 benefits other than bad manners.
I also have a very different definition of toxicity, the only things I find toxic are Abusing/Exploiting bugs & offensive chat. Sorry that I don't cry over a character bumping up and down or a little clicky noise.
It actually is bannable, mister. This is why the “mori spam” was kinda “nerfed“.
Also, isn’t it impossible to bleed out because when you’re getting moried doesn’t your bleed out timer stop? And since they’re spamming it, then wouldn’t it never activate?
You actually will die eventually but I believe someone else already corrected me on if or if not it’s bannable.
Simple fix as a mori should be able to be cancelled imo as it means you can go after another who you see if one choses too.
After 3 attempts within 30s it times out the action for 20s.
This seems to fix the abuse issue of some prolonging a game just becasue they can while also allowing you to cancel the action to chase another or even just kick a gen etc.
How is it rude? I've legit used T-Bagging/Flashlight flicks to coax a camping killer away from the hook, it's literally a tactic, just like tunneling and camping is.
Mori Spamming has 0 benefits other than bad manners.
I also have a very different definition of toxicity, the only things I find toxic are Abusing/Exploiting bugs & offensive chat. Sorry that I don't cry over a character bumping up and down or a little clicky noise.
Taunting in any way is rude/toxic. Don't really care why.
Then again, I only facecamp during EGC if I have to guarantee a kill.
Also yes, mori spamming is equally toxic. I don't do it, and rarely even use a mori. Last time I did was for the kill 4 challenge.
Aaron found a new tech (the hook tech), and he doesn't abuse things, he's just way too good that he can win only using deja vu.
Never said I'm better than him, hell, he sank thousand of hours in this game, he has every survivor L3, I wouldn't be willing to do it, even if at the time I knew how much popular would later have become.
Also he found a glitch, he's abusing a bug in the game, just because he started calling it "tech", doesn't mean it's good to use it. I mean, following this logic, wasn't moonwalking with Legion a tech too?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Is this bannable? I want to try it against the next 4 man Blendette squad I face.
If you do it for too long, you can get banned for it afaik.
I didn't know this was a thing until today. Devs probably won't fix it until they come back from vacay. Just alt+tab to youtube or something until the killer gets bored, then report them.
It isn’t bannable since you’ll eventually die I believe.
This has always been a thing, sadly. Should have been patched out ages ago, but alas.
Thought mori spam was considered griefing
Hexy did get banned for it before, but i can't remember exactly how long he spammed the mori for.
I think your right Groot since it's not technically hiding the game hostage. Just incredibly scummy.
On a side note I finally got my 4 basement sacrifices. I kept getting DCing people. So I tried to farm amd ask them prior. They would DC when it was time to die. Eventually said screw it. Got a 4 man SWF and killed them legit on Haddonfield.
Congrats on getting it. :)
If he got banned for it then I could be wrong.
Mori spam is a reportable offense, of cause you can get banned for it.
It actually is bannable, mister. This is why the “mori spam” was kinda “nerfed“.
Also, isn’t it impossible to bleed out because when you’re getting moried doesn’t your bleed out timer stop? And since they’re spamming it, then wouldn’t it never activate?
I expect toolboxes. Rancor is always with me.
This wouldn't happen if survivors didn't bm so much, guarantee 90% of killers that are toxic had one game where they were bm by swf and now choose to punish survivors.
Except survivor "toxicity" is completely different to killer "toxicity"
While you might find T-Bagging, or flashlight clicking "toxic" it actually has 0 impact on how a match is played out, tbagging/flashligh flicking doesn't prevent or delay anything from happening, while mori spam is directly used to show that you could kill the person but refuse to and instead enact a rather obnoxious animation and force the survivor to wait until bleed out/you do the mori, directly affecting the person either moving on, or preventing others from picking you up.
I'm sorry but the "Survivors are toxic and this is what they get" doesn't really cut it here, at least for me, anyway.
I don't see killers in my dm's harassing but almost every survivor game I'm getting told to kill myself and uninstall win or lose. So because someone spammed you in a video game that directly affects you emotionally.
What you are saying is you condone survivors harassing people but when they get a taste of their own medicine that's where you draw the line pfft, if you don't want to get spammed with a mori learn stealth and/or don't be a toxic survivor.
Gotta get hooked once and downed twice to get mori whereas someone bm can mesmerise all the safe pallets and have a 5 gen chase without ruin.
You're twisting my words awfully hard here.
I don't condone harassment of any form, strictly things you can do in a live match, not any communication or anything outside of that, so please don't try and make it seem like I'm saying it's ok for survivors to send death threats or the like at all, because it's not right for either side, I literally had a killer banned recently for facecamping and tunneling my friend because they were a certain homophobic slur I cannot repeat, had he just tunneled and face camped then fine, but he had to tell us in end game chat why he decided to do what he did which ended in him being banned for 3 days.
Again, i'm sorry but this "don't be a toxic survivor" is just a cowards way of admitting you like the toxicity just as much as the survivors. I've had plenty of games where it's been played normally and something dumb has come out at end game chat etc for no reason, mori spam prevents players moving on, tbagging does not, harrasment via messages etc should not be tolerated and if someone sends you a message of hate, and you go take it out on someone else it doesn't make you a better person.
All these DBD you tubers who used this "abusing/OP #########/toxic" clout to become famous deserve it.
This is why i once said:
Except it happens to other people as well, not just YT'ers & Streamers. The hate this forum has against content creators is honestly embarrassing.
Without us survivors you have no game.
:)
Aaron is a good player and even better than you.
Have you even discovered a tech? NO.
Aaron found a new tech (the hook tech), and he doesn't abuse things, he's just way too good that he can win only using deja vu.
What if they disconnect their cable, lol?
You mean something that the developers can't ever stop from happening?
The best they can do is remove the convenience of doing so, and since they don't want you to DC over something like this, might as well remove said convenience.
Bannable.
Well, that's not necessarily true... since t-bagging gives the killer a choice: loop them round the loop, break the pallet at the loop and they run away, or drop the chase. That's if they Tbag after a pallet. If they're at the open gate, it's just showing: ''I could leave, but I don't want to.''
Clicking flashlights is to gain attention. It's also telling the killer that ''I'm a survivor that isn't afraid of you and wants to get into a chase. I think you're a garbage killer.''
And that's not considering what survivors give killers after the match. There may not be a chat system in game on console, but I've received lots of threats/insults via messages. Survivors are way more susceptible to give this than killers do. That is toxic behavior.
It's almost exclusively killers who harass me after a game. Usually only times I get messaged by survivors it's a thanks for hatch.
Seems like a grey area. Could be considered holding the game hostage
Idk though
The game needs both survivors and killers to function. I just wish both sides wasn't acting like this is a warzone all the time...
(On a separate note, what's this hook tech you mentioned that Aaron found? Do you have a link?)
Both sides have toxicity. Blaming one only increases the possible amount. Although I do think survivors have more, I'm aware that killers can be incredibly toxic.
Both sides are needed for this game.
What?
Whether the survivors t-bags or not, you, as a killer still have to make that choice, the t-bagging doesn't affect this choice in the slightest, the same with flashlight flicking, the killer makes the choice whether to pursue it or not, it doesn't slow down or prevent anything from happening in the match.
Again, survivors on the floor don't have a choice, survivor stood in the exit gate, the killer can choose to push them out, they're also on a timer that they can't stop.
Survivor actions dictate what the killer does. And vice versa. I was illustrating that survivor actions are just like how killer ones can be in your eyes. With the extra bit that if a killer is mori spamming, they aren't pressuring other survivors on the map.
Why do you only look at one side of this?
If the killer is mori spamming the rest of the match is irrelevant as at this point the killer has made the decision that mori spamming is more important than a win/loss, so whether pressure is applied, something negative is happening in the match, additionally mori spam can be done at the end of a match. I have a video of a nurse mori spamming all 4 survivors, and then carrying a survivor around with infections fright, and dropping the survivor and then hitting them to try and trigger it on the last survivor, she then found the last survivor, closed hatch and proceeded to mori spam that survivor for the entirety of the EGC, so pressure in the match wasn't the issue, the match lasted 30 minutes.
and no, tbagging and flashlight flicking does not dictate what a killer does, flashlight flicking and tbagging does not prevent any action that a killer can do, at all, how ever.
You're right.
It's still rude, and therefore, toxic behavior. It's deliberate taunting. (Flashlight clicking to get noticed when the killer hasn't seen you yet is different.)
How is it rude? I've legit used T-Bagging/Flashlight flicks to coax a camping killer away from the hook, it's literally a tactic, just like tunneling and camping is.
Mori Spamming has 0 benefits other than bad manners.
I also have a very different definition of toxicity, the only things I find toxic are Abusing/Exploiting bugs & offensive chat. Sorry that I don't cry over a character bumping up and down or a little clicky noise.
You actually will die eventually but I believe someone else already corrected me on if or if not it’s bannable.
Simple fix as a mori should be able to be cancelled imo as it means you can go after another who you see if one choses too.
After 3 attempts within 30s it times out the action for 20s.
This seems to fix the abuse issue of some prolonging a game just becasue they can while also allowing you to cancel the action to chase another or even just kick a gen etc.
Taunting in any way is rude/toxic. Don't really care why.
Then again, I only facecamp during EGC if I have to guarantee a kill.
Also yes, mori spamming is equally toxic. I don't do it, and rarely even use a mori. Last time I did was for the kill 4 challenge.
Never said I'm better than him, hell, he sank thousand of hours in this game, he has every survivor L3, I wouldn't be willing to do it, even if at the time I knew how much popular would later have become.
Also he found a glitch, he's abusing a bug in the game, just because he started calling it "tech", doesn't mean it's good to use it. I mean, following this logic, wasn't moonwalking with Legion a tech too?
Mori spam like this, is bannable - it's griefing.
I've removed the link due to naming & shaming rules on the forum.