Doctor rework is going to be a buff after all!

Hot damn.


Cannot say how hyped I am to try Shockmaster out when the PTB lauches. I'm hoping that what has been penned down will be the final product as my favourite build will actually be Red Rank viable at last. Rudimentary stance switching? Gone. Constant pallet looping? You can't. Gen progress? You scream in the TR due to Static Blast. Backwards Skill Checks? Even more memes.


Please don't nerf Order or Calm, or even how Distressing works. This is going to be interesting to try indeed.

docTpose.png


Comments

  • @sailormars said:

    Woah Woah Woah, his shock therapy is still going to make survivors unable to interact after this change? That's ridiculous. What exactly can you do then at loops? He just needs to shock you without having to switch stance and get a free hit every time. At least when he had to switch stance, it gave survivors a bit of distance to still reach a pallet or window.

    1. He’s been able to do this for over a year.
    2. It’s supposed to be his anti-loop tool. As in, if you get stunned you aren’t getting to drop that pallet or vault the window.
  • If the Doc rework is really well done, then I might prestige Doc before Freddy.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931422#Comment_931422

    1. He’s been able to do this for over a year.
    2. It’s supposed to be his anti-loop tool. As in, if you get stunned you aren’t getting to drop that pallet or vault the window.

    I know he's been able to shock and interrupt options for a long time, I mean why would they still allow him to do it withoutknow that he won't have a cool down? What counter play will there be? Literally he just needs to follow you to a pallet/window, shock you before you can reach it, and bam he gets a free hit. That's not skill, that's just pressing a button for a hit.

  • @eiylus said:

    The only thing that concerns me as a calm spirit fanatic is that I can now get into tier 2 just by being near the guy at the wrong time. (Not that it couldn't happen before, it was just a rare occurrence.) As doctor is my substitute killer when I'm sick of my main, I'm both excited and iffy. Iridescent queen sounds dope.

    Queen?

  • Am I the only one who’s excited cuz he’s getting his own chase music?

  • @sailormars On pallets you do the same like against chainsaws or spiritfury/enduring: drop them early. And I'm pretty sure there will be a speed slowdown while charging, maybe even more tweaking so that the increased cone range is not really a buff but needed to stay in range because the charge time / speed slowdown is heavier than before. Let's see what happens on PTB before yelling too loud

  • @Clockso said:

    Am I the only one who’s excited cuz he’s getting his own chase music?

    I love unique chase music. Sometimes I think it is a bit sad that you know about who the killer is before you see him by just the music approaching, but on Demogorgon I loved this, because he has it's on atmosphere in general. Just not sure how it will feel when every killer is recognizable by it's music.

  • I feel like everyone is forgetting the most important thing: he's gonna get his own chase music!

  • I find it weird that the only reason they looked at doctor was because he was annoying to face in treatment. From what I watched in their Q&A they weren't motivated by trying buff him, they were motivated by making treatment less annoying to face.

    I'm happy he'll be buffed but just worries me how that wasn't what they originally looked at.

  • 60 seconds is definitely too long. It's never worth using your static blast outside of chase just because it has a whole minute of a cooldown, which is pretty insane. Imo it should be 30 or at the very least have some cooldown addons

  • I really dont see it as a buff. Just a change making him less annoying to face. Still it will be a nice change.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I find it weird that the only reason they looked at doctor was because he was annoying to face in treatment. From what I watched in their Q&A they weren't motivated by trying buff him, they were motivated by making treatment less annoying to face.

    I'm happy he'll be buffed but just worries me how that wasn't what they originally looked at.

    Perhaps it wasn't conveyed fully in the stream, but it's more a matter of killing two birds with one stone. If we can make something more fun to play as and against while also giving them some QOL changes, that's a two for one deal. We're already changing them, so we can knock out both at the same time. This way we get more value out of the changes we make since it makes both sides happy at the same time.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932052#Comment_932052

    Perhaps it wasn't conveyed fully in the stream, but it's more a matter of killing two birds with one stone. If we can make something more fun to play as and against while also giving them some QOL changes, that's a two for one deal. We're already changing them, so we can knock out both at the same time. This way we get more value out of the changes we make since it makes both sides happy at the same time.

    Thats good to hear, just was a little worried by the explanation on stream that's all.

  • It's a new add. After you shock a survivor they hold a charge and when they get near another survivor it shocks them. Somewhat like a proximity mine. 2 shocks for the price of one.

  • @sailormars said:

    Woah Woah Woah, his shock therapy is still going to make survivors unable to interact after this change? That's ridiculous. What exactly can you do then at loops? He just needs to shock you without having to switch stance and get a free hit every time. At least when he had to switch stance, it gave survivors a bit of distance to still reach a pallet or window.

    Treat him like a clown who denies re-looping a loop: drop early and loop around it, or abandon the loop altogether

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932052#Comment_932052

    Perhaps it wasn't conveyed fully in the stream, but it's more a matter of killing two birds with one stone. If we can make something more fun to play as and against while also giving them some QOL changes, that's a two for one deal. We're already changing them, so we can knock out both at the same time. This way we get more value out of the changes we make since it makes both sides happy at the same time.

    Legion isnt fun to play as. why is it that most of the focus is on survivor fun?? killer mains want changes and the real only change was freddy and that was it. every other change was for survivor. hell even the wraith was for survivors.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932052#Comment_932052

    Perhaps it wasn't conveyed fully in the stream, but it's more a matter of killing two birds with one stone. If we can make something more fun to play as and against while also giving them some QOL changes, that's a two for one deal. We're already changing them, so we can knock out both at the same time. This way we get more value out of the changes we make since it makes both sides happy at the same time.

    lol you guys have never cared about making killer fun to play as.

  • Will the doctor be good again?? I mean, I used to play doc but sometime he appeared be less powerful than before

  • @White_Owl said:

    I feel like everyone is forgetting the most important thing: he's gonna get his own chase music!

    You are actually so right.

    I'm so hyped for more unique chase music.

  • @Perelie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932488#Comment_932488

    lol you guys have never cared about making killer fun to play as.

    I get the feeling I won't be able to convince you otherwise, but intentionally making the game less enjoyable for a ton of people would be a ridiculous move for any developer to make.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932907#Comment_932907

    I get the feeling I won't be able to convince you otherwise, but intentionally making the game less enjoyable for a ton of people would be a ridiculous move for any developer to make.

    So when are Leatherface, Legion, and Clown getting buffed?

  • 60 seconds is wayyyyy too long.

    in 60 seconds 1 or 2 gens can already be finished. especially on a large map will be very big problem for doctor.

    before you even have a chance to use your power that much half the game will be over .


    needs to be 30-40 seconds at the most

  • @Perelie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/932991#Comment_932991

    So when are Leatherface, Legion, and Clown getting buffed?

    You know the devs are humans, right? They’re not robots designed with the sole purpose of working 24/7.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/933096#Comment_933096

    You know the devs are humans, right? They’re not robots designed with the sole purpose of working 24/7.

    Dunno, sure seems like they work 24/7 on nerfing killers..

  • @BeanieBoyBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930872#Comment_930872

    It's a rework. His power has completely changed in how it works.

    Freddy is the example of a rework... this is an update..

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930926#Comment_930926

    Freddy is the example of a rework... this is an update..

    How are they both not reworks?

    One's just a bigger rework than the other.

  • The only interesting thing about Doctor was treatment mode. Because outside of that he’s a very very bad M1 killer, easy AF to loop and his only map pressure is his passive static field raising your madness. Seems like this is just a nerf on the killer side to appease crappy survivors who don’t like the madness element. Haven’t seen anything to replace the nerf to his map pressure. Haven’t seen anything about something that actually helps him in a chase. Counter clockwise skill checks that require an add-on is a gimmick.

    Is this another Fred where a killer is getting a sizable nerf because lower skilled survivors don’t have fun against it? There’s barely anyone using Doctor because he’s so bad.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/933364#Comment_933364

    How are they both not reworks?

    One's just a bigger rework than the other.

    A rework is a completely different power...

    Doc has the same power

    Only difference is there is no longer going to be a passive madness increase whil in the TR.

    No more switching modes.. this is an upgrade/update.


    Tinkerer is another example of a rework.... it once worked with addons... it now does something completely different.. doctor does the samething essentially..

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/933370#Comment_933370

    A rework is a completely different power...

    Doc has the same power

    Only difference is there is no longer going to be a passive madness increase whil in the TR.

    No more switching modes.. this is an upgrade/update.

    Tinkerer is another example of a rework.... it once worked with addons... it now does something completely different.. doctor does the samething essentially..

    I mean, static field and static burst work in completely different ways. They apply the same thing but how they work is being... reworked :^)

    Freddy still puts people to sleep, and survivors can still wake up via skillchecks, so you could argue he just got updated too.

    However this is a very petty semantic argument so we should stop lmao.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/933395#Comment_933395

    I mean, static field and static burst work in completely different ways. They apply the same thing but how they work is being... reworked :^)

    Freddy still puts people to sleep, and survivors can still wake up via skillchecks, so you could argue he just got updated too.

    However this is a very petty semantic argument so we should stop lmao.

    No freddy has a completely different power.. he has dream snares and teleports now... like what? Ofcourse sleeping is involved with freddy.

    Doc is still tied to madness... theres a 60 second cooldown on his blast...... does it do the samething that his static field does currently? Yes.. it tiers survivors up in madness....

  • I'd like it if the doctor had some sort of cooldown animation after shock therapy rather than it looking like you're just running after a survivor with both arms down.

  • @BeanieBoyBob said:

    Hot damn.

    Cannot say how hyped I am to try Shockmaster out when the PTB lauches. I'm hoping that what has been penned down will be the final product as my favourite build will actually be Red Rank viable at last. Rudimentary stance switching? Gone. Constant pallet looping? You can't. Gen progress? You scream in the TR due to Static Blast. Backwards Skill Checks? Even more memes.

    Please don't nerf Order or Calm, or even how Distressing works. This is going to be interesting to try indeed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/500/Q8WG3E0XKJJ7.png

    Hmm, so have you tried it in the PTB yet?

    I tried it out last night..

    I think my biggest concern so far is the (3 second?) delay between using shock therapy and swinging, no joke, I used to be able to switch stance faster and get a hit in before.

    So like, if they're removing stance switching, I had the crazy hopes that it would make it easier to connect a hit with Doctor after using shock, but in reality, with this super long "cooldown" effect, it is legit slower to land a swing attack after using shock than it used to be with stances.

    Welp, to me that part of it definitely comes off feeling like a nerf.

    In my match last night I had a girl loop me in a window area for 2 gens straight, not because I was playing terrible, but because I was landing shock on her before she went to the window but by the time I was "allowed" to swing at her she was already through the window by just enough that my swing would hit the window but not her. It was super close I will admit, but it happened probably like 15 times in a row before I finally got her, there is definitely no way that should be the case, it is way too easy to get through a window currently even if you've been shocked by Doctor just because of this long swing delay cooldown.

    I think it feels sort of broken at the moment, I understand that it is still PTB, so I am hoping that they will change it, maybe lower it to a 1 second CD instead of 3 seconds, as I've seen others suggest already on the forums. But they have to do something because the way it is now makes Doctor feel extremely clunky and not fun to play as. I don't like shocking someone and then standing next to them waiting for them to crawl through a window before I can swing again. It makes shocking feel 100% useless, and in this case, I would have been much better off just chasing as an M1 Killer without using my power at all. That's pretty bad in my opinion.

    The static blast is pretty fun though I'll admit, 60 seconds is a bit of a long CD for that to use as well, but I like using it when I know survivors are nearby because it forces an instant scream.. which is something that the old passive madness didn't do, it didn't have a "scream on demand" option.

    So overall I actually think the current PTB Doctor I played and tested last night is a pretty critical "NERF" to the previous Doctor, and would never do too well in Red Ranks, at least not compared to the previous Doctor before the changes.

    But if they fix his Shock / Swing Cooldown then I can see him being more viable for sure. Here's to hoping that they will!

    Curious as to what all your guys who have tried him thoughts are on this..

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931990#Comment_931990

    You are actually so right.

    I'm so hyped for more unique chase music.

    Haha, I was hyped for the unique chase music, but I have to admit the Doctor's is rather annoying.. sort of ruins it for me, just not pleasant sounds in general.

  • @sailormars said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931447#Comment_931447

    I know he's been able to shock and interrupt options for a long time, I mean why would they still allow him to do it withoutknow that he won't have a cool down? What counter play will there be? Literally he just needs to follow you to a pallet/window, shock you before you can reach it, and bam he gets a free hit. That's not skill, that's just pressing a button for a hit.

    He has a 3 second cooldown before he can swing again, but I believe they're slightly reducing it because a 3 second cooldown to not attack is irritating.

1 2 ›