We're not gonna act like gen speeds are fine as is right?
(Hey guys, if you're coming here now scroll down and take a look at the last 2 paragraphs of this post, the top 2 paragraphs I admit are flawed because I didn't take certain things into account but I don't want the meaningful things I said to go unnoticed. thx for understanding)
I don't like using videos on forums but honestly I think if I'm going to use a video now would be a good time. It's by Tru3 love him or hate him, it's not really about him though as he didn't do anything spectacular, just did gens and saved.
https://youtu.be/FvN1m-KHirMIf you didn't watch the video fine but tru3 on multiple occasions was destroyed by this Nurse player, seriously one of the better Nurse players I've seen since the nerf (Not that I went out of my way to find better nurse players). This Nurse had one bad chase and it was over, ruin and pop wasn't enough (pop she especially made use of). This Nurse's crime was... not playing like a (Bad Word), didn't tunnel anyone and he paid for it. Survivor mains if you're wondering why you get tunneled off of 2nd hook when there's 2-3 gens left this is why, it's not personal (usually) we'd just rather win. If this Nurse secured the kill on Tru3 he would've won, 3v1 is so much easier than 4v1 for obvious reasons. This wasn't even a Swf group, those aren't a problem themselves but when they're there they make certain problems worse.
Tl:dr bottom line is we should add a small secondary objective for survivors to do like making dull totems give a small slowdown penalty to gens per each totem active, this way it doesn't feel like such a waste of time watching someone do a totem next to a gen, actually gives them a reason to exist aside from 1k boldness.
Added on after: to make up for these changes I also want to see killers punished for playing like ######### for example tunneling one dude into the ground at the start of the match/blatant facecamping. I was thinking for being in a certain proximity to the hook (10-14 meters something like that) survivor repair/heal speeds increase by a fair bit as to punish facecamping just to secure an easy win. This way it rewards killers for playing fair by making gens just a little more manageable while punishing those who go out of there way to be ######### and gives the survivors a real chance to get gens done even while someone is pretty much out of the game.
Comments
Most people don't know how to read or interpret stats, which makes them useless on here. Coupled with ridiculous stubbornness that shows up on here, doubly so.
The fact that they brought up the stats as some sort of defense against Gen speed proves your point.
The fact that people insist that an average 70% kill rate is a 2k proves my point that that don't know how averages work. The fact that people bring up keys and moris when the data set is tens of thousands of games does as well.
Bold of you to assume that Ruin lasts for any length of time. I don't even take it anymore.
Nurse doesn't stops gen progress, she just haves a strong chase pressure
Oh spare me. Ever since they released those stats, anytime a killer player has a legit complaint the peanut gallery comes out to tell them how "gud" they need to git. That mentality is pervasive in this community. Which is hilarious because this game isn't ######### hard.
Ah well, it is something I read from Killer players when Survivors complain. So yeah, why not do it the other way around?
And yes, DBD is not a difficult game. On both sides it is really easy.
Invalid. That video was made when she was decent.
Do you know this is the third time with the same comment from people not reading the whole thread and seeing the other video of the new nurse I posted 🤣😂
She is still decent there is no argument about that. Her feeling fun to play as well that's another story.
No, she isn't. Her counterplay changed from "use LOS blockers and try to predict her" to "run in a straight line and she'll never catch up to you because she's a 96% m.s. killer with a [BAD WORD] 6 seconds [BAD WORD] cooldown on her power".
That's subjective.
Just becasue you may feel you can no longer play her as well that doesn't mean many aren't doing just as well with her.
The only ones who have these figures are the devs and anything is speculation due to ones personal experience and not in any way a fact.
Why is it always tru videos in these kinds of posts? Not to criticize true or argue anything, but why isn't anybody else's video used for proof if it's such a widespread problem?
Hex: Ruin has been in the game for what 2 years (maybe, I didn't play when Hag came out) and so survivors have gotten used to hitting those skillchecks (for the most part) it's not Gen speed that needs to be looked at its the bonuses giving for hitting great skillchecks without Hex: Ruin active
Plus add in survivor perks like TINH, and Resilience, SC, Leader, Prove Thyself
Also add in toolboxes with Brand New Part and another add on like Grip Wrench and Spring Clamp. Or the add on that increase repair speeds
And on the killer side we have Hex: Ruin, Thanatophobia, DL, Overcharge, PGTW, Surveillance, TT, Discordance, CI
TL:DR... base Gen speeds are in a good spot let's not kid ourselves. Through adding perks, items and add ons make it feel like gens are done quickly and killers are using perks to try and combat it... but if you don't down the first survivor in 20 seconds GG
Only speaking from personal experience here, but the vast majority of the time, I feel like they're fair. I don't run any slowdown perks and I tend to do just fine. Sometimes I'll mess up and have a bad game, but that's not a game problem, that's a me problem.
That's not to say that there's no time where they ever go to fast with nothing you can do about it, but using videos where someone had a bad match as evidence doesn't really help your case. The tricky part is how do you prevent them from going too fast on those rare occasions without slowing them down the rest of the time?
The devs have also said not to put to much faith into stats because there are way to many variables
5-6 minutes?? I've seen it done much faster than that. Tbf you have to play like a total doucherocket to do it... but it can be done in the first 2 minutes if you manage to slug everyone right away. I've been on the survivor end when that's happened. Red rank survivors vs a rank 6 Billy.
Can't imagine how that's fun though, except maybe for sweaty betties or tryhard trolls.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated, friend.
*Sighs...*