Woe is the poor killer.

I play both sides.  Everyone that complains that the game is survivor sided, how do you figure when every killer has better than a 50% kill rate?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • They say the stats aren't accurate because not all survivors are trying their best. Well, neither are the killers bud.

  • @w_sohl said:

    I play both sides.  Everyone that complains that the game is survivor sided, how do you figure when every killer has better than a 50% kill rate?

    Because a lot of douchebags kill their selves on 1st hook. The stats means 💩

  • @w_sohl said:

    I play both sides.  Everyone that complains that the game is survivor sided, how do you figure when every killer has better than a 50% kill rate?

    I don't get why everyone throws that number around. In my experience, it's luck of the draw. Sometimes Survivors aren't on top of their game, sometimes they are. Same goes for Killers.

  • Balance seems better than ever for the most part. Killers that still moan about survivors probably just can't deal with getting anything less than a 4k. Personally I got so bored of playing killer lately I started playing survivor again and I'm honestly shocked how many rank 1 killers respect pallets like their life depended on not getting stunned. Those are probably the people who complain about survivors.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112091/whoa-is-the-poor-killer

    Because a lot of douchebags kill their selves on 1st hook. The stats means 💩

    That doesn't change the fact the killer won. Maybe if you stop running ruin they will commit die less. But that's just ridiculous because Ruin is "essential".

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112091/whoa-is-the-poor-killer

    Because a lot of douchebags kill their selves on 1st hook. The stats means 💩

    So, if the stats don't support your agenda, they are #########.  But if they say what you want them to they are valid?

  • The stats don't mean anything because most survivors aren't that good at the game. Even red rank survivors struggle because the ranking system is flawed.

    If the ranking system wasn't flawed, and you had the best survivor vs the best killers than you would see the game is much more survivor based.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911187#Comment_911187

    That doesn't change the fact the killer won. Maybe if you stop running ruin they will commit die less. But that's just ridiculous because Ruin is "essential".

    What killer doesn't run ruin? Even if it's gone the first 30secs, that's 30secs a surv wasn't on a gen, wasting time looking for ruin. The best killers in this game still run ruin. What is your point? That's like saying maybe if more survs quit bringing tool boxes and flashlights, more killers would stop DC'ing... Lol. If you quit or ######### on hook, your a coward, a 💩💩💩 teammate, and shouldn't even be playing this game. They are the reason killers keep getting bs nerfs. That's where the BS kill stats comes from...

  • @w_sohl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911187#Comment_911187

    So, if the stats don't support your agenda, they are #########.  But if they say what you want them to they are valid?

    No, the stats are FLAWED. If 20 people play, and 10 kill their selves on 1st hook, and the other 10 escape, there's your 50%. Now, is that fair to use that data to tweak the game? Obviously not

  • I think you mean "Woe the killer"

    Your tittle made me think Crash Bandicoot was coming to DbD

  • The data is not conclusive as it has many factors which we cant see which can heavily skew it.

    Never take the kill data as the be and end all of game balance as it only proves what the end result was but it cant show what happened in the match to make it this way.

    For example if survivor players decided to just let themselves be killed each and every game then every killer would then be shown to be strong and in need of a nerf.

    Think outside the box as to why it could be this way, killing oneself on the hook as you dont like the map or killer, going for risky saves, not needing to survive to pip, wanting to be chased instead of doing gens, challenges changing the game along with the event of late etc.

  • Lmao people still using the "kill rate" charts provided as "evidence" that all Killers arefine.

    How about you actually PLAY both sides instead of just saying that you do? And, no, playing Killer to do dailies and challenges is not the same as actually being a Killer player.

    I'm a Survivor Main btw. Mainly because its stress free and I can do whatever I want.

  • Besides what the others already stated, keep in mind that a 2k is usually a de-pip.

  • Your sarcastic title should say "woe" not "whoa".

  • "i'M a FiFtY/FiFtY pLaYeR, mY oPiNiOn Is RiGhT."

    This thread stinks like killer bait.

  • @w_sohl said:

    I play both sides.  Everyone that complains that the game is survivor sided, how do you figure when every killer has better than a 50% kill rate?

    Because stats don't account for idiots, big difference between a real rank one survivor who can loop for days, knows when to save, and when to settle and do gens and someone that got carried there in a squad and decided to play solo and proceeded to get dumpster'd because he waits at pallets and still gets hit. Rank one killers on the other hand can't get carried by 3 other people, when they get to rank one with a specific killer it usually means they're playing at their best. (Albeit some get lucky and got potatoes every game).

    My point is more often than not if there's gonna be someone who's trash/brings everyone else down in a lobby it's gonna be a survivor thus skewing the stats in favor of killers.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Besides what the others already stated, keep in mind that a 2k is usually a de-pip.

    This is weird game design to me. Kills shouldn't influence the ranking system so heavily and I'm sure I remember the devs saying they ideally wanted killers to get at least 2 kills per game. Ranking system bad as usual for dbd :/

  • Oh look, it's this thread again.

    Usually when threads like this happen, and they start with "I play both sides", what it really means is they played killer in brown, yellow and MAYBE green ranks if they made it it even that far.

    You don't "play both sides" until you're in red ranks with killer.

  • @w_sohl said:

    I play both sides.  Everyone that complains that the game is survivor sided, how do you figure when every killer has better than a 50% kill rate?

    Rank?

  • The funny thing is if those stats mentioned a kill rate of 25%, then people would have complained that survivors are OP and that those stats are legit, but since the kill rate is high, of course, they're unreliable!!!

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    Oh look, it's this thread again.

    Usually when threads like this happen, and they start with "I play both sides", what it really means is they played killer in brown, yellow and MAYBE green ranks if they made it it even that far.

    You don't "play both sides" until you're in red ranks with killer.

    Oh look this comment again.

    Usually when comments like this happen they make broad generalizations about the player posting instead of looking at what they're trying to say or starting a counter argument.

    You don't know "what it really means" until you stop stereotyping and insulting people.

    Just saying.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912213#Comment_912213

    Oh look this comment again.

    Usually when comments like this happen they make broad generalizations about the player posting instead of looking at what they're trying to say or starting a counter argument.

    You don't know "what it really means" until you stop stereotyping and insulting people.

    Just saying.

    I didn't insult them. Don't talk to me about what things mean when you don't know what insulting means.

    😂🤣

    As for the rest - if you actually play at a relatively high rank, that statement doesn't emanate from your fingertips. It's a pretty good assumption.

  • @symptom101 said:

    The funny thing is if those stats mentioned a kill rate of 25%, then people would have complained that survivors are OP and that those stats are legit, but since the kill rate is high, of course, they're unreliable!!!

    Logic suggests that when you see a graph without detailed info, just a generalized graph based on a very limited statistic, without additional info, that It should be taken with a grain of salt.


    Without details, without the full context of those graphs, it just gives you an idea. It doesn't pain the whole picture.


    So, if that all is true. Then it stands to reason, It would not matter which side of that fence we stood at, the same principle would apply.


    So, no, no logical person would flip flop in that way.


    People tend to look at the feel of the game, how it plays, etc... Anyone that plays at high ranks, knows, it literally depends on many other factors.


    What's ironic though, is, we are talking about a "Kill Rate" in a game that doesn't have a CLEAR definition of winning for either side of the coin. I mean, shouldn't that tell you all you need to know?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912213#Comment_912213

    Oh look this comment again.

    Usually when comments like this happen they make broad generalizations about the player posting instead of looking at what they're trying to say or starting a counter argument.

    You don't know "what it really means" until you stop stereotyping and insulting people.

    Just saying.

    I'm with The_Second_Coming on this. You sound like you've never been to red rank killer.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912252#Comment_912252

    I didn't insult them. Don't talk to me about what things mean when you don't know what insulting means.

    😂🤣

    As for the rest - if you actually play at a relatively high rank, that statement doesn't emanate from your fingertips. It's a pretty good assumption.

    Ok. I guess I should've listened to the little voice in my head saying I shouldn't try to start a reasonable discussion with this guy because he's just going to attack me and not bring up any good points. Whatever.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912257#Comment_912257

    Ok. I guess I should've listened to the little voice in my head saying I shouldn't try to start a reasonable discussion with this guy because he's just going to attack me and not bring up any good points. Whatever.

    You attacked me first with your facetious mocking reply to my original post. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the boiler room, Freddy.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912274#Comment_912274

    You attacked me first with your facetious mocking reply to my original post. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the boiler room, Freddy.

    Like I said, continuing to attack for no good reason other than "I don't like that you disagreed with me". I don't get why you're being so aggressive when you could just as easily talk things out.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912279#Comment_912279

    Like I said, continuing to attack for no good reason other than "I don't like that you disagreed with me". I don't get why you're being so aggressive when you could just as easily talk things out.

    What you don't seem to understand is - I'm not attacking you. I'm merely stating and bringing light to the humor I get from you saying I attacked you when you literally attacked me first. You could have just not done that and we'd have a nice, civil conversation. Consult your nearest mirror, look deep into it, and blame that guy. I don't need to attack or insult you.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912288#Comment_912288

    What you don't seem to understand is - I'm not attacking you. I'm merely stating and bringing light to the humor I get from you saying I attacked you when you literally attacked me first. You could have just not done that and we'd have a nice, civil conversation. Consult your nearest mirror, look deep into it, and blame that guy. I don't need to attack or insult you.

    You may not think you're attacking me but you forget all dbd players are snowflakes.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912309#Comment_912309

    You may not think you're attacking me but you forget all dbd players are snowflakes.

    That was funny, I'll give you that.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    Lmao people still using the "kill rate" charts provided as "evidence" that all Killers arefine.

    How about you actually PLAY both sides instead of just saying that you do? And, no, playing Killer to do dailies and challenges is not the same as actually being a Killer player.

    I'm a Survivor Main btw. Mainly because its stress free and I can do whatever I want.

    Lately I find killer to be more stress free. It's not that hard, you just have to learn to accept that sometimes you won't get a 4k.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911421#Comment_911421

    Lately I find killer to be more stress free. It's not that hard, you just have to learn to accept that sometimes you won't get a 4k.

    Survivor is far from stress free. I'm not buying it.

  • I agree. Survivor is more stressful than killer right now. I don't think you read my post correctly.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912383#Comment_912383

    I agree. Survivor is more stressful than killer right now. I don't think you read my post correctly.

    Wasn't talking about your post, just put your post there because it captures my opinion

  • @symptom101 said:

    The funny thing is if those stats mentioned a kill rate of 25%, then people would have complained that survivors are OP and that those stats are legit, but since the kill rate is high, of course, they're unreliable!!!

    This depends on what you see as victory, 4k=automatic victory is flawed because anyone can stoop low enough and play cancerous builds like insidious, mad grit, Ruin, Noed bubba and face camp someone to death from the start and get an easy win especially if people sacrifice themselves for the save. Ranking how good a killer via the ranking system is more effective specifically the emblems "how good did they do in chase", "how well were they able to slow the game down/prevent gen progress", and the hooking emblem will be abysmal if they just camped people to death for freebies. It kinda keeps track in how the game went, a 4k is meaningless if the survivors turbo threw, that's not victory but you can't tell if that happened or not just by judging kills per game but if a rank 1 killer gets a 1-2k consistantly sweating his nuts off there's obviously something wrong with it seeing as a killer can't get carried to rank one by 3 other people while a survivor can.

    Lmk where you disagree and we can talk that out.

  • @w_sohl said:

    I play both sides.  Everyone that complains that the game is survivor sided, how do you figure when every killer has better than a 50% kill rate?

    When every nerf happens when survivors complain in a much faster response time to buffing a killer.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Balance seems better than ever for the most part. Killers that still moan about survivors probably just can't deal with getting anything less than a 4k. Personally I got so bored of playing killer lately I started playing survivor again and I'm honestly shocked how many rank 1 killers respect pallets like their life depended on not getting stunned. Those are probably the people who complain about survivors.

    What's also amusing is how many survivors will throw down a pallet if you just stand there staring at them for a bit. They then immediately leave the pallet. It's a great way to start a mind game. Do the above for 1 to 2 pallets then hit through the 3rd.


    On a side note people have been dcing against Oni after getting downed from his power. Then complain that he's OP. Especially if I hit them as they vault or before they throw a pallet down.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    The data is not conclusive as it has many factors which we cant see which can heavily skew it.

    Never take the kill data as the be and end all of game balance as it only proves what the end result was but it cant show what happened in the match to make it this way.

    For example if survivor players decided to just let themselves be killed each and every game then every killer would then be shown to be strong and in need of a nerf.

    Think outside the box as to why it could be this way, killing oneself on the hook as you dont like the map or killer, going for risky saves, not needing to survive to pip, wanting to be chased instead of doing gens, challenges changing the game along with the event of late etc.

    Not sure if it's a typo or not, but it's, be all end all.

  • @AAAAA said:

    Your sarcastic title should say "woe" not "whoa".

    Corrected

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    They say the stats aren't accurate because not all survivors are trying their best. Well, neither are the killers bud.

    That doesn’t even make sense lmao. Neither are killers? So killers are trying their best? And they still have like 70% kill rates and they still aren’t trying their best? So with their “best” you’re saying they can get like 80% - 90%? Maybe even 95%? Wow we need to nerf killers, NOW.

  • @innocentguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911185#Comment_911185

    That doesn’t even make sense lmao. Neither are killers? So killers are trying their best? And they still have like 70% kill rates and they still aren’t trying their best? So with their “best” you’re saying they can get like 80% - 90%? Maybe even 95%? Wow we need to nerf killers, NOW.

    I'm saying the stats are more accurate than people think.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/921280#Comment_921280

    I'm saying the stats are more accurate than people think.

    Ohh lol that makes more sense. That’s true, you’re right

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911203#Comment_911203

    No, the stats are FLAWED. If 20 people play, and 10 kill their selves on 1st hook, and the other 10 escape, there's your 50%. Now, is that fair to use that data to tweak the game? Obviously not

    You know how many times people I know have left their killer afk to farm bps and xp?

    how many times I’ve seen a killer let a survivor live and give him hatch? (Literally carry a survivor and drop him at the hatch or door)

    farm with survivors and let them leave?


    the stats aren’t that far off bud. Could even be a higher % and not lower

  • @innocentguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911240#Comment_911240

    You know how many times people I know have left their killer afk to farm bps and xp?

    how many times I’ve seen a killer let a survivor live and give him hatch? (Literally carry a survivor and drop him at the hatch or door)

    farm with survivors and let them leave?

    the stats aren’t that far off bud. Could even be a higher % and not lower

    Custom Image 15122019174038.jpg


  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112091/whoa-is-the-poor-killer

    Because a lot of douchebags kill their selves on 1st hook. The stats means 💩

    That is the shittiest excuse Ive ever heard to dismiss stats

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    Lmao people still using the "kill rate" charts provided as "evidence" that all Killers arefine.

    How about you actually PLAY both sides instead of just saying that you do? And, no, playing Killer to do dailies and challenges is not the same as actually being a Killer player.

    I'm a Survivor Main btw. Mainly because its stress free and I can do whatever I want.

    Then what the hell are you talking about

  • Because kill rate basically means nothing. Hook rate would be way more interesting.

  • For the people saying the stats are inaccurate. Ask yourself this first, what is your own killrate percentage? Is it under 50%?

‹ 1 2