Adam has least cosmetics of all the Original Characters.

image.png

Huh.

image.png


Interesting.


You know, I've ranted A LOT about many things from this game. I admit it. And I've ranted about this topic before as well, but I mean seriously???

This just SADDENS me... I cannot believe Adam has been out for OVER A YEAR and YUI has more cosmetics than him!!! And she came out like 15 seconds ago!!

This is just ugly. Every character that came out after him has more outfits... @not_Queen @Peanits @Clyde

I know not a lot of people care about Adam (for reasons they wont admit), but there are a few of us that DO.

I know at this point it looks/feels like I'm grasping for straws... and I'm sorry for bringing this up over and over again. But PLEASE, give Adam more love and attention. He's a professor for goodness sake! He deserves respect lmao.

Please talk to Filip and the Art team or whoever has the power to make this happen.

I expect a new outfit in the store and in the upcoming rift when the latter comes out! (just kidding... but not really...)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • "I know not a lot of people care about Adam (for reasons they wont admit)"

    You mean his current awful cosmetics and mediocre perks?

    Seriously though, its kind of obvious what this is referring too and if I'm right its one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen.

  • I love all these people using "he's not a popular character" as an excuse as to why he doesnt get cosmetics because... if the reason for that is that he looks boring then with more reason bhvr needs to DO something about it and mess around with his clothes and overall look!

    Thats why Im saying they should add some cosmetics for him on the next rift. So people get a new outfit for him by playing the game.

    Or idk... do SOMETHING lmao they cant just release a new outfit yearly for him. Thats just mean. Last outfit he got was in MAY. Its mid December now! Whats that about??

  • I've been waiting on someone to say it..... but no one has. So I'll say it. Adam is NOT "Original". I had to do it..... now carry on.

  • @Deoblo said:

    I've been waiting on someone to say it..... but no one has. So I'll say it. Adam is NOT "Original". I had to do it..... now carry on.

    Explain yourself mortal

  • Almost half the characters in this game (BHVR characters) are POC so OBVIOUSLY I didnt call anyone ANYTHING. if any of you thought I was calling people "something" and got mad/annoyed by it, then thats a problem you need to work on with yourself...

  • I DID explain myself, BUT since you need EXTRA clarification, the definition of the word original is as follows:

    o·rig·i·nal

    /əˈrijənl/

    adjective

    1. 1.
    2. present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.
    3. "the original owner of the house"

    Adam, by definition, is not an Original Dead By Daylight survivor. Are we crystal now?

  • I just think he's boring, most the survivors have some sort of personality, like bill mains are usually pretty bad. Adam doesn't really have one, atleast that's why I dont play him.

  • In the context of this game original means a character that was created by Bhvr. In that sense Adam is an original character. Whereas the likes of Laurie, Tapp, Ash, Quentin, Steve etc are not original as they are licensed. Taken from movies/TV shows.

  • @lazerlight said:

    Almost half the characters in this game (BHVR characters) are POC so OBVIOUSLY I didnt call anyone ANYTHING. if any of you thought I was calling people "something" and got mad/annoyed by it, then thats a problem you need to work on with yourself...

    You were making insinuations. Explain the "reasons they won't admit" part then?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/914839#Comment_914839

    In the context of this game original means a character that was created by Bhvr. In that sense Adam is an original character. Whereas the likes of Laurie, Tapp, Ash, Quentin, Steve etc are not original as they are licensed. Taken from movies/TV shows.

    "In the context of this game"? Please show me this "Context". Nowhere in the in-game bio's, nor the dead by daylight wikipedia, nor the stream, xbox or playstation stores, do they specify that an original character is one that was created by them. Nor did the original poster indicate that was what they meant in the opening post. In the opening of the description of the dlc of this topic, Behaviour put: "The SHATTERED BLOODLINE chapter is a Chapter for Dead By Daylight and it includes a new Killer, a Survivor and a Map." So, in the C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ creative sense that YOU speak of, yes Adam would be "Original", but that was not the definition that I am speaking of. "New" is not "Original" in this case.

  • @Deoblo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/914924#Comment_914924

    "In the context of this game"? Please show me this "Context". Nowhere in the in-game bio's, nor the dead by daylight wikipedia, nor the stream, xbox or playstation stores, do they specify that an original character is one that was created by them. Nor did the original poster indicate that was what they meant in the opening post. In the opening of the description of the dlc of this topic, Behaviour put: "The SHATTERED BLOODLINE chapter is a Chapter for Dead By Daylight and it includes a new Killer, a Survivor and a Map." So, in the C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ creative sense that YOU speak of, yes Adam would be "Original", but that was not the definition that I am speaking of. "New" is not "Original" in this case.

    So what would you call every character after the nurse and Nea? "New Characters"??? You're being childish. You know very well what we mean when we say original characters. Which every character, dlc or not, IS one. If you dont have anything that can constructively support or refute the initial topic of this post then move along to something else that you actually care about.

  • @lazerlight said:

    Almost half the characters in this game (BHVR characters) are POC so OBVIOUSLY I didnt call anyone ANYTHING. if any of you thought I was calling people "something" and got mad/annoyed by it, then thats a problem you need to work on with yourself...

    Lmao.

    "I'm going to imply something that I'm obviously implying and if anyone calls me out on it then they have a problem."

    This world.

  • @lazerlight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/915145#Comment_915145

    So what would you call every character after the nurse and Nea? "New Characters"??? You're being childish. You know very well what we mean when we say original characters. Which every character, dlc or not, IS one. If you dont have anything that can constructively support or refute the initial topic of this post then move along to something else that you actually care about.

    The Nurse and Nea were also added LATER, therefore eliminating them from the list of original characters. As a result to me stating facts, you resort to calling me names as an attempt to insult me? Yet I'm the childish one? 😂 Even your friend @Dwight_Fairfield acknowledges the fact that, even in the sense they were speaking of, EVERY character is NOT original. So, what are YOU talking about? I rest my case, because you obviously can't debate or include facts with your statements. On a ending note, every one of the original characters have more cosmetics because they had (and still have) something about them that connects with people. Hence why you see more of them, giving the devs more incentive to create more cosmetics for them because they KNOW people will buy them. Your beloved Adam is simply not popular enough. It has nothing to do with not being original..... he just doesn't have the sauce! Lmao

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/914859#Comment_914859

    Lmao.

    "I'm going to imply something that I'm obviously implying and if anyone calls me out on it then they have a problem."

    This world.

    And they refuse to even respond as to what they were implying if not racism.

  • @Deoblo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/914924#Comment_914924

    "In the context of this game"? Please show me this "Context". Nowhere in the in-game bio's, nor the dead by daylight wikipedia, nor the stream, xbox or playstation stores, do they specify that an original character is one that was created by them. Nor did the original poster indicate that was what they meant in the opening post. In the opening of the description of the dlc of this topic, Behaviour put: "The SHATTERED BLOODLINE chapter is a Chapter for Dead By Daylight and it includes a new Killer, a Survivor and a Map." So, in the C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ creative sense that YOU speak of, yes Adam would be "Original", but that was not the definition that I am speaking of. "New" is not "Original" in this case.

    Ok you want to be pedantic. That's fine. You're correct there's is no official written statement that calls any of the characters created specifically for this game original. But that is what is meant when the Dbd community refers to them as original characters. They are referring to characters that the creative team made up for this game, as opposed to the ones created in movies and TV shows that Bhvr got permission to put into the game. Hence the labeling of original and licensed.

    I know this is all information you already know. But for some reason you seem intent on trying to make a simple discussion unnecessarily complicated and pedantic.

  • It'd be cool if they did a Survivor popularity/survival chart like they did the Killers. We'd likely see Quentin and Adam as the bottom two.

    As for the new girl. She is young, pretty, tough, and Asian. They knew she'd market very well. Most gamers are sexually driven straight men in their youth, anything with a somewhat pretty face and some curves will be HIGHLY popular. That's why she is already cosmetically gifted.

    We basically live in reverse sexism of video game characters. The males are no longer that popular (outlook of you're gay if you want to look at a guy) and aren't made to be appealing to look at. Meanwhile the females are much more popular (prior was you're a wuss to play as a girl) and basically go through a "would the players want to make naughty fan art of her" test before coming out.

  • @HuN7r3sS said:

    Honestly I've felt like Adam hasn't had too many cosmetics because the devs can't come up with any unique designs for him like they did with the other survivors. I feel like there is a lot they could do for possible Adam cosmetics but they're at a loss

    Are you kidding me, I main Adam and there are so much you can do for him. Literally give him some cool rapper clothes because for god sakes rap is one of the music most listen from. On his lore he's also Jamaican so any cultural clothes are awesome as well. Adam has so many potential ideas because black culture fashion is a trend nowadays. They literally have examples of clothing style from many rappers today and hairstyles as well, I don't want to say that but it's true Adam can take so many inspiration ideas from black culture

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/915145#Comment_915145

    Ok you want to be pedantic. That's fine. You're correct there's is no official written statement that calls any of the characters created specifically for this game original. But that is what is meant when the Dbd community refers to them as original characters. They are referring to characters that the creative team made up for this game, as opposed to the ones created in movies and TV shows that Bhvr got permission to put into the game. Hence the labeling of original and licensed.

    I know this is all information you already know. But for some reason you seem intent on trying to make a simple discussion unnecessarily complicated and pedantic.

    Pedantic? I'll take that as a compliment? I simply like to prove what I speak of. If I'm wrong, I'll admit to it. As I said, yes, in a creative sense, you're right. However, your friend @lazerlight? That guy.... or girl.... or whatever they are..... could use a bit of help. The way they responded made me want to go in about the situation lol. I LOVE to debate. You were simply a part of the crossfire. I knew what you meant as well, but I HAD to stand up lol. You feel me?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield in other words they admit they were just here to waste our time.

    @Chop Right?? They can even give him more teacher related outfits or around-the-house looks...

  • I feel like in general female survivors get way more attention than male survivors.

  • Cuz no ones gives a dollar for him. I find him one of the most ugly survivors, I don't like playing with him. I must have played him just for the adept archievemnt and never touched him ever again.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Cuz no ones gives a dollar for him. I find him one of the most ugly survivors, I don't like playing with him. I must have played him just for the adept archievemnt and never touched him ever again.

    I love every single one of his perks and his lore. He was my main before steve came out.

  • Anyone that prefers Blendette clearly hasn't found Adam's 900 shard Brown Trenchcoat. Killers just run on by.

  • @magpiejay said:

    Anyone that prefers Blendette clearly hasn't found Adam's 900 shard Brown Trenchcoat. Killers just run on by.

    HONESTLY

  • Used SearchFunc.


    I hope Adam gets some love this Spring.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Popular characters get the most cosmetics, it's that simple.

    Partly because that's where the greatest demand is at (i.e. that's how they can please the most players at once) and obviously, partly because those cosmetics are going to draw in more revenue.

    Adam has the least cosmetics because he's the least popular of the original characters. It sucks for the few who do like him, but it makes a lot of sense.

    @Fibijean

    If they gave him a load of cosmetics with meme potential, Adam would surge in popularity. He wouldn't surpass the 5 free Survivors, but he'd be on a Kate, Tapp, and Bill level popularity.

  • @Hex_Raider said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/910529#Comment_910529

    @Fibijean

    If they gave him a load of cosmetics with meme potential, Adam would surge in popularity. He wouldn't surprise the free 5 free Survivors, but he'd be on a Tapp and Bill level.

    Potentially, but not necessarily. If he's not popular already, strictly from a business standpoint, there's no real reason to believe that that would be the case.

  • Well, I feel like this whole "popularity" thing is just whack because Susie is the most popular of the legions and NOW is when she's getting a new cosmetic...

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    *cries in freddy who has zero cosmetics*

    *cries in Quentin*

  • I agree that Adam should get more cosmetics. I don't see many players using him and for me, I always liked Tapp better, but Adam deserves some good cosmetics to make him stand out a bit.

  • When upcoming cosmetics leak I'm always hopeful there will be a new set of cosmetics for Adam, more than any other survivor, and I'm always disappointed. There are so many things they could do with him! Even in the professor/teacher style. For head cosmetics they could give him glasses, a sixpence. And for upper-body a shirt with a vest or a pullover. And of course Adam being from Jamaica should give more than enough ideas for cosmetics. I want Adam with long dreadlocks!

    I would also love a nice buzzcut.

  • Myers got cosmetics. Your comment is irrelevant

  • Licensed have less cosmetics.

  • @lazerlight said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/756/W6MHRLIWIDL3.png

    Huh.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/114/EOVRZM4EJ6Q8.png

    Interesting.

    You know, I've ranted A LOT about many things from this game. I admit it. And I've ranted about this topic before as well, but I mean seriously???

    This just SADDENS me... I cannot believe Adam has been out for OVER A YEAR and YUI has more cosmetics than him!!! And she came out like 15 seconds ago!!

    This is just ugly. Every character that came out after him has more outfits... @not_Queen @Peanits @Clyde

    I know not a lot of people care about Adam (for reasons they wont admit), but there are a few of us that DO.

    I know at this point it looks/feels like I'm grasping for straws... and I'm sorry for bringing this up over and over again. But PLEASE, give Adam more love and attention. He's a professor for goodness sake! He deserves respect lmao.

    Please talk to Filip and the Art team or whoever has the power to make this happen.

    I expect a new outfit in the store and in the upcoming rift when the latter comes out! (just kidding... but not really...)

    He is one of the least played characters in the game...

  • @rd_dex said:

    "I know not a lot of people care about Adam (for reasons they wont admit), but there are a few of us that DO."

    Are you calling people racists? Because that just doesn't add up considering Claudette is one of the most popular survivors. People just don't care about Adam because the very thing you are complaining about right now, bad cosmetics plain and simple.

    goodness.

  • Adam's are just toxic and boring No0b3 wannabes. Besides, 26 cosmetic items + basic outfit + prestige outfit + the stuff you get for buying the whole pack is definitely enough.

  • All the toxic tryhards used to use Adam, then he just disappeared. I’m guessing that’s when the cosmetics dried up too.

    There’s always hope. Remember when Feng went the best part of a year without any new cosmetics?

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Adam's are just toxic and boring No0b3 wannabes. Besides, 26 cosmetic items + basic outfit + prestige outfit + the stuff you get for buying the whole pack is definitely enough.

    "Adam's are just toxic and boring No0b3 wannabes".

    No0b doesn't even play him XD.

    Also if 26 cosmetics + default + prestige is enough for Adam then how can you explain EVERY other original survivor?

  • This content has been removed.
  • Sheesh this thread...send it back to the Fog, for Entity's sake!

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    Sheesh this thread...send it back to the Fog, for Entity's sake!

    Nao.

    COSMETICS FOR ADAM

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1006011#Comment_1006011

    "Adam's are just toxic and boring No0b3 wannabes".

    No0b doesn't even play him XD.

    Also if 26 cosmetics + default + prestige is enough for Adam then how can you explain EVERY other original survivor?

    I never said No0b3 played Adam. But all the toxic tryhards used him. Then he died. If nobody plays a character then there's no point in releasing new cosmetic items for he/she.

1 2 ›