Did buffing killers/nerfing survivors result in more SWF creating the killer shortage at red ranks

With the exception of blunders like mettle of man and ez anytime flashlight/pallet saves it seems like red rank survivor ques are at an all time high.

Seems weird since the improvements for killers over the last 2 years have been massive. I couldn't imagine playing killer now with things like

Pallet vacuum, Double pallet spawns, Instant full gen BnPs, Insta blind 180' flashlights, 4 man insta escape DS, BT that effected unhooker as well, Little things like slow picking up survivors, slow pallet break, slow hooking etc etc etc

I think all these changes have made more players play swf turning more killers off of survivor which I'd assume was the opposite intended effect

Anyways just figured I'd share my thoughts while waiting in que

Comments

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908569#Comment_908569

    I'm sorry but you must be wearing blinders if you think killer have not been buffed to hell over the past year or so while survivors have been nerfed to hell at the same time (everything from pallets to healing) .

    Holy #########, and the game still pretty survivor sided.

    Guess it was pretty fked up back then, uh.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908569#Comment_908569

    I'm sorry but you must be wearing blinders if you think killer have not been buffed to hell over the past year or so while survivors have been nerfed to hell at the same time (everything from pallets to healing) .

    Nice way to change the context. We were talking about recent changes, and recent queue times. I don’t think that anyone would consider 1 year as being, recent. However, over YOUR 1 year, there have been just as many survivor buffs, so your point is moot.

  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/910886#Comment_910886

    If killers get lobbies straight away then surely their is more red rank killers as they’ll get 2 games per 1 as a surviver

    Are you trolling? When killers get instant lobbies and survivors have to wait, that does mean that there are only few killers and lots of survivors.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Killer shortage? so i'm waiting 10-60 minutes for a game as killer why? Oh thats right. Lack of survivors. Top it off with a DC and i'm waiting even longer or a farming game.

    People talk about how its unfun to play killer against but have never played the game solo to red ranks. People want "game balance" but have no clue where to start.

    The main problem is the entire community is overly entitled to either all survive or get a 4k. That's the reality of it.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Killers are still scared of SWF even though the majority of them doesnt tryhard like those redrank killers with their ebonys and OP Addons. They wouldnt even understand that they would get done in by solo players ######### just better skilled. Also killers are highly sulky to any kind of change which doesnt benefit them. Survivor are just adapt to changes, while killer quit. Looks like mental problems on killer sides.

    Survivors do not adapt, they complain until all aspects of a killer are nerfed to the point that they are easily pallet looped. If a different tactic is needed for the killer to be avoided, survivors do anything but adapt, they in fact complain until that mechanic is basically gutted, and the Killer becomes yet another M1 killer.

  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911422#Comment_911422

    I think you’re confused .... there discussion is about red rank killers not killers in general

    There aren't enough killers in general, there especially aren't enough red rank killers.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911712#Comment_911712

    Are you a red rank surviver yourself ? Probs not , I am red rank on both and as surviver it wil either be red or purple / rarely green but as killer you get all lvls ....

    I'm red. I get matched against green and purple rank killers the majority of my matches. I also have to wait some time for a lobby.

    (When I play killer, I get instant lobbies.)

  • This content has been removed.
  • Pretty sure the longer queue time has more to do with lobby bugs tbh.


    Given my queue times comes from playing with someone and constantly getting the 'unknown error occurred' bug almost every time we get a lobby. Which has been happening ever since dedicated servers came out...and I tested that it's worse for the Australian server than it is for the European server, which is really quite odd.

  • @WhoDatNinja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908621#Comment_908621

    Glad to see other players do it too. I play both im rank 2 in survivor and rank 4 in killer and if i can get 2 to 3 kills as killer on average with no perks or add ons then i think we have more baby killers than anything in high ranks. I honestly think survivors need more buffs considering how easy killer is and have always been.

    This honestly just reads as bait, and I tend to defend the side you're fighting for lmao

    There are definitely some bad killers in red ranks, mostly because (insidious/face) camping doesn't affect emblems nearly as much as it should.


    But if you look at the other role...there are literally so many immersed players who cause their teammates' deaths who pip off finding the hatch and doing barely any gen work that get into red rank. Granted, those players won't get past rank 4, but they're still red.

  • People keep saying it gets harder for killers as they go up the ranks, yet kill rates also go up the higher rank they go.


    It's amazing how people are willing to ignore data that do not support their opinions

  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911739#Comment_911739

    I didn’t say killers lobbies aren’t instant ? I know they are . Surviver lobbies take 10 mins at least and killers a few seconds , look at my original comment lol

    I know. What I don't know is why you can't come to the conclusion that this means that there are not enough killers for the big amount of survivors wanting to play the game. 🤷‍♀️

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Killers are still scared of SWF even though the majority of them doesnt tryhard like those redrank killers with their ebonys and OP Addons. They wouldnt even understand that they would get done in by solo players ######### just better skilled. Also killers are highly sulky to any kind of change which doesnt benefit them. Survivor are just adapt to changes, while killer quit. Looks like mental problems on killer sides.

    Oh my.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    I can tell you this: no.

    Game balancing has nothing to do with shortage.

    It's not fun playing Killer at red ranks most times anyway because everyone tries to finish gens in 2 minutes and if you don't find someone instantly into the match, say goodbye, even with Ruin.

    Wrong. WRONG. It's entirely dependent on the team you get, that's it. Potatoes or average players decides who wins.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/910886#Comment_910886

    If killers get lobbies straight away then surely their is more red rank killers as they’ll get 2 games per 1 as a surviver

    Dude, this is what you said. You say there are MORE killers than there are survivors, which is wrong. There are significantly more survivors, than there are killers, needed for all survivors to play. Whichever side has the shortage, gets the instant matches.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/911969#Comment_911969

    Did you miss the part where I said RED RANK killers ? Hahaha

    You truly are oblivious. Time to ignore you.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    People keep saying it gets harder for killers as they go up the ranks, yet kill rates also go up the higher rank they go.

    It's amazing how people are willing to ignore data that do not support their opinions

    The devs have said 50,000 times the stats they release shouldnt be used to come to conclusions because they dont take in a lot of factors.

    Such as the rampant DCing that has been taking place that counts as kills which is especially more prevalent in red ranks or Mori's for example.

  • @Usui said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908632#Comment_908632

    Wrong. WRONG. It's entirely dependent on the team you get, that's it. Potatoes or average players decides who wins.

    Exactly, which is why I said "most times" cause most of the time, they are well aware of how to do the objective and do it in quick succession, now there are potatoes who got carried to red ranks, but that makes at the most the minority.

  • @Might_Oakk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908569#Comment_908569

    If you are having trouble playing killer in 2019 that's on you.

    You are certainly the minority as shown in statistical information or by any streamer.

    Otz just played 16 games of trapper without Ruin and brown add ons and 0 games were 5 gens completed

    Just because killer was worse then doesn't mean it's a cakewalk now. Otz plays the game for a living. It's literally his job. I would hope he'd be more successful than the average player. Same goes for any full time DbD streamer. Their results aren't typical.

  • I couldn't play with SWF. At least not in this game it feels cheap to me. I shouldn't be able to talk across the map to my team. I can see within a certain distance, but no. Its already a 4v1 match.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DBDplayersRsaltyAFha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/912021#Comment_912021

    It seems you are oblivious to reading what I actually said so your point is completely invalid as I know their are more survivors than killers .... lol at you

    FINALLY you agree with everyone else, that there are more survivors, more than 4 times the number of killers, which is the equilibrium point. I don’t understand why it took you this long to understand that.

  • @WhoDatNinja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908621#Comment_908621

    Glad to see other players do it too. I play both im rank 2 in survivor and rank 4 in killer and if i can get 2 to 3 kills as killer on average with no perks or add ons then i think we have more baby killers than anything in high ranks. I honestly think survivors need more buffs considering how easy killer is and have always been.

    Yep. Play both. Rank 1 at both. Play all killers. I'm I a god? No. I miss swings all the time. Sometimes I don't put enough pressure. I make mistakes. Some games I get rolled. But it's not that hard to play killer as red ranks.

    When I lose, I don't blame the devs.

  • @BeanieBoyBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908621#Comment_908621

    So you are going to use the best Trapper player in the game as an example? Great reasoning there.

    Seriously though are you playing Killer against Red Ranks yourself? If so, can you record the results of all of your past 16 games so we can see how well you do as Killer in 2019?

    I'll do this. I'm rank 10 and routinely face red ranks so I'll record my record for the next 16 games before reset hits.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    Just delete killers in general. Problem solved.

    Agreed. Better community, no toxicity. Win-win-win for survivors, killers, and BHVR

  • @Viracocha72 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/909105#Comment_909105

    I'll do this. I'm rank 10 and routinely face red ranks so I'll record my record for the next 16 games before reset hits.

    You're right, the matchmaking is terrible. I'm sorry that you have to play red ranks at your current rank, it isn't fair at all.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/111822/did-buffing-killers-nerfing-survivors-result-in-more-swf-creating-the-killer-shortage-at-red-ranks

    since this is similar to another thread im just gonna copy and paste my response

    if you are talking about red ranks, there is NO incentive for killers at red ranks other than stress. you play perfectly or you lose. for survivor? it gets super easy, one person needs to have 1 good chase with the killer and the game is pretty much over most of the time. red rank killers (like myself) will just get to rank 1 then de rank, im in the process of this atm. killer Q's at red ranks are INSTANT. but like I said there is no reason to be a red rank killer other than stress or youtube/twitch content. because at red ranks the IMBALANCE in the game is VERY clear

    until 2 things happen, this will remain a problem

    1. give us a reason to be a red rank killer (reward or something)
    2. balance the game better

    now we have come a long way since 2016, but there is still a lot of imbalance in the game. so until things change, red rank survivors will have longer Q's since not very many people want to deal with red rank games

    All of this right here. Even approaching red ranks is full of stress, sweat, and BS. I'm a double pip away from red ranks again and from ranks 6 and 5, you face a LOT of SWF red rank survivors who do not care about anything other than gens and leaving. That's fine and all but you don't get anything for it being in red ranks as killer. At all.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908661#Comment_908661

    Survivors are saints

    Killers are #########

    Got it. 👍

    most are in red ranks and thats a fact. stealth killer camping is insane right now because of sheer perception and lack of skill

1 2 ›