Hey guys. I think whispers is in a pretty good spot as perk but I'd like to know your thoughts about it. Is it balanced right now or would you like a change? Personally I wouldn't mind if whispers doesn't activate on hooked survivors. Would that be too much?
I mean that's something people have wanted for ages. Not many people use Whispers because most killers benefit from another meta perk that makes up for their weakness, like Spirit Fury which helps in a chase for M1 killers.
It's great on trackers like Nurse, Huntress, you could make an argument for high mobile killers like Billy, who it is amazing on. You really will very, very rarely see it used outside of those, so I see no reason for it not to ignore hooked survivors.
I get that you think its perfect how it is. no need to mention that twice.
I dont really think theres 8/10 someone near the hook. also I think its a bad idea as survivor to stay close to a freshly hooked.
If you honestly don't see people bum rushing hooks when someone is hooked, you must not play a lot of survivor. It's a thing.
Again (yes for the third time, since you'll rudely call me out on that again), it's fine where it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's like that by design.
I think you could also say it encourages killers to leave to hook if whispers doesnt proc
Killers don't leave the hook the moment they notice a survivor - imagine procsing a perk that gives u that informantion even if the other surivivor is literally on the other end of its range. The killer will just become paranoid and check every corner till the hooked one dies
If you honestly don't see people bum rushing hooks when someone is hooked, you must not play a lot of survivor. It's a thing.
Again (yes for the third time, since you'll rudely call me out on that again), it's fine where it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's like that by design.
I play mainly survivor atm. I know its a thing and I dont see why bad playstyle like bum rushing the hook is an argument for whispers not working on hooked survivors. Maybe you could clarify that to me.
I didnt mean to be rude. I just wanted to let you know I read all the comments. If you feel that way, then Im sorry, that wasnt intented.
Thats exactly what I want to know. I asked for your opinions. I understand your point. So thanks for sharing
Killers don't leave the hook the moment they notice a survivor - imagine procsing a perk that gives u that informantion even if the other surivivor is literally on the other end of its range. The killer will just become paranoid and check every corner till the hooked one dies
Yeah youre right. Considering this whispers would really help in camping or make killers check around the hook for longer even without clear evidence.
I think Whispers is one of those underrated perks.
If you get good with its distance you can use it to pinpoint survivors and the longer the game goes on the stronger it gets.
People knock it for saying you don't want to waste time searching for the survivors when it goes off, but it's actually the complete opposite. You use it so you don't waste time in a wrong area. Helps a lot for less mobile killers like Huntress by saving them from wasted time on certain sides of the map and helps make up for their mobility issues some.
I don't think you could ever stop it from counting hooked survivors as then it would be too strong for camping and I think that is intentionally why it still does count them.
With EGC whispers isn’t needed as much anymore because as killer you should be satisfied with 3 kills.
but maybe it could get louder as you are closer to a survivor
People dont just equip whispers for that LAST guy. Alot of times it can be really handy for finding the FIRST guy, as well as keeping you from checking out an area that nobody is at. Its a valuable perk, even when all 4 survivors are alive.
People dont just equip whispers for that LAST guy. Alot of times it can be really handy for finding the FIRST guy, as well as keeping you from checking out an area that nobody is at. Its a valuable perk, even when all 4 survivors are alive.
If you’re good enough you won’t need whispers for the first guy or any guy, you’ll get those 3-4 kills enough of the time
My favourite killer is trapper, after watching otzdarva is got a hell of a lot better with him without using whispers.
if I can get to rank one with trapper not using whispers, then you don’t need whispers
Killers can do their job with or without perks. Nobody NEEDS bbq but its run just for its utility. And trapper is one of those killers that doesnt need to find survivors quickly. Trapper wants to herd survivors to his already activated traps. If trapper is waiting until he finds a survivor to use his traps then he's most likely going to lose.
Killers can do their job with or without perks. Nobody NEEDS bbq but its run just for its utility. And trapper is one of those killers that doesnt need to find survivors quickly. Trapper wants to herd survivors to his already activated traps. If trapper is waiting until he finds a survivor to use his traps then he's most likely going to lose.
Trapper: All my traps are now in place. Time to find those pesky survivors.
Do you have any thoughts about how you would imagine a whispers thats worth picking for your loadout?
i have whispers in my core 3 killer perks on EVERY killer, BBQ, Whispers, Enduring (4th perk most of the time is haunted grounds for memes and sometimes i slugged 3-4 survs in those 60sec)
whispers is strongest non teachable perk in the game and imo 2nd or 3rd if you count teachables but in contrast to many other perks it require constant thinking how you use it and it gets better the more you use it with EGC ingame whispers pretty much guarantee you kill, whispers make you waste less time looking for 1st survivor (btw most killers are using ruin because they cant find and catch 1st surv fast enough) and that perk its not that much in meta because as i told it require player to use brain while playing most players in this game want effortless profit like ruin, noed
i would love that change to whisper would make it a good bit better and wouldn't encourage camping would do that to proxy camping though but if that happened the other survivors can just bust out gens which would cause the killer to lose and at the end of the day all you would need to do is leave against whisper and then come back after about ten seconds by then the killer would leave to pressure gens
Current Whispers is fine and rewards people who use it well to their advantages. If whispers didnt proc from hooked survivors it would become perk for campers.
Sadly only killers I have room to use Whispers are Nurse, Spirit, Huntress and Billy.
i have whispers in my core 3 killer perks on EVERY killer, BBQ, Whispers, Enduring (4th perk most of the time is haunted grounds for memes and sometimes i slugged 3-4 survs in those 60sec)
whispers is strongest non teachable perk in the game and imo 2nd or 3rd if you count teachables but in contrast to many other perks it require constant thinking how you use it and it gets better the more you use it with EGC ingame whispers pretty much guarantee you kill, whispers make you waste less time looking for 1st survivor (btw most killers are using ruin because they cant find and catch 1st surv fast enough) and that perk its not that much in meta because as i told it require player to use brain while playing most players in this game want effortless profit like ruin, noed
Personally I find Sloppy Butcher the strongest non-teachable. Its the barebone of any anti-heal build.
Imagine a thread getting made on how to change possibly the best killer perk in the game that isn't broken or needing fixing at all...and people still talking about it. OOF.
Perhaps we should come up with ideas for things that need changing instead of fixing what isn't broken.
Imagine a thread getting made on how to change possibly the best killer perk in the game that isn't broken or needing fixing at all...and people still talking about it. OOF.
Perhaps we should come up with ideas for things that need changing instead of fixing what isn't broken.
Its about if it is ok or can need some adjustment.
I never said in the topic that whispers is broken or something like that. I just wanted to hear others oponion about whispers. Thats all. I dont see why this thread shouldnt exist.
I think your comment doesnt deliver anything to this thread and is just out of topic.
Pretty rude phrasing btw if you wanted to be constructive.
Its about if it is ok or can need some adjustment.
I never said in the topic that whispers is broken or something like that. I just wanted to hear others oponion about whispers. Thats all. I dont see why this thread shouldnt exist.
I think your comment doesnt deliver anything to this thread and is just out of topic.
Pretty rude phrasing btw if you wanted to be constructive.
It's not off topic. Perhaps you should actually learn what off topic actually means.
In a game where there's so much wrong with so many other things...you want to change one a handful of perks that is absolutely perfect how it is. I'll keep saying it, and hammering it into your brain until you get it. Don't touch my Whispers.
It's not off topic. Perhaps you should actually learn what off topic actually means.
In a game where there's so much wrong with so many other things...you want to change one a handful of perks that is absolutely perfect how it is. I'll keep saying it, and hammering it into your brain until you get it. Don't touch my Whispers.
How about you go to these threads then instead of staying here?
Its called general discussion and not fixes, bugs and problems.
I never I said I want to change a perk. wth you even talking about? You are so far away from reality whats this thread is about. But well done you ruined it with your broken heart leave my whispers alone cry stuff. Im gonna let this thread shut down. hope you happy.
@MandyTalk hey could you please close this thread for me. I had enough. thank you.
If you’re good enough you won’t need whispers for the first guy or any guy, you’ll get those 3-4 kills enough of the time
The perk is quite helpful on certain killers. Huntress for example with her slow movement speed and large Lullaby range is particularly susceptible to stealth, so being able to quickly determine if a location is worth looking into or if its empty is a huge time saver.
Whispers is one of the best end game perks and gives intel the entire match. I used to think it wasn't worth it then I learnt how use it.
The most simple uses are knowing if someone may see you setting a trap, knowing if a survivor is near a door, if a generator is being worked on, and knowing if someone is near a totem.
You won't know if someone *is*, you'll know if they *can be*. Whispers is a time saver as well as an intel tool.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Whispers is fine how it is, honestly
If whispers didnt pick up the hooked survivor it would be way too strong of a tool for camping.
I mean that's something people have wanted for ages. Not many people use Whispers because most killers benefit from another meta perk that makes up for their weakness, like Spirit Fury which helps in a chase for M1 killers.
It's great on trackers like Nurse, Huntress, you could make an argument for high mobile killers like Billy, who it is amazing on. You really will very, very rarely see it used outside of those, so I see no reason for it not to ignore hooked survivors.
This precisely. Even as a killer main i know this. Killers have a first person perspective for a reason.
How so?
I think you could also say it encourages killers to leave to hook if whispers doesnt proc
It's a great perk that does its job just fine.
There is ALWAYS someone near the hook. 8/10 times. It would be too strong and is perfect how it is.
I get that you think its perfect how it is. no need to mention that twice.
I dont really think theres 8/10 someone near the hook. also I think its a bad idea as survivor to stay close to a freshly hooked.
If you honestly don't see people bum rushing hooks when someone is hooked, you must not play a lot of survivor. It's a thing.
Again (yes for the third time, since you'll rudely call me out on that again), it's fine where it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's like that by design.
Killers don't leave the hook the moment they notice a survivor - imagine procsing a perk that gives u that informantion even if the other surivivor is literally on the other end of its range. The killer will just become paranoid and check every corner till the hooked one dies
I play mainly survivor atm. I know its a thing and I dont see why bad playstyle like bum rushing the hook is an argument for whispers not working on hooked survivors. Maybe you could clarify that to me.
I didnt mean to be rude. I just wanted to let you know I read all the comments. If you feel that way, then Im sorry, that wasnt intented.
Thats exactly what I want to know. I asked for your opinions. I understand your point. So thanks for sharing
Haven't touched it in years, probably won't if it stays like it is.
But that's only because of what it is, not because of how powerful it is, i think it's fine where it is.
Yeah youre right. Considering this whispers would really help in camping or make killers check around the hook for longer even without clear evidence.
Do you have any thoughts about how you would imagine a whispers thats worth picking for your loadout?
I think Whispers is one of those underrated perks.
If you get good with its distance you can use it to pinpoint survivors and the longer the game goes on the stronger it gets.
People knock it for saying you don't want to waste time searching for the survivors when it goes off, but it's actually the complete opposite. You use it so you don't waste time in a wrong area. Helps a lot for less mobile killers like Huntress by saving them from wasted time on certain sides of the map and helps make up for their mobility issues some.
I don't think you could ever stop it from counting hooked survivors as then it would be too strong for camping and I think that is intentionally why it still does count them.
Not without a complete rework, and any kind of buff to get me to equip it would most likely be an unnecessarily big buff.
It's just good and not my taste.
With EGC whispers isn’t needed as much anymore because as killer you should be satisfied with 3 kills.
but maybe it could get louder as you are closer to a survivor
People dont just equip whispers for that LAST guy. Alot of times it can be really handy for finding the FIRST guy, as well as keeping you from checking out an area that nobody is at. Its a valuable perk, even when all 4 survivors are alive.
If you’re good enough you won’t need whispers for the first guy or any guy, you’ll get those 3-4 kills enough of the time
My favourite killer is trapper, after watching otzdarva is got a hell of a lot better with him without using whispers.
if I can get to rank one with trapper not using whispers, then you don’t need whispers
Why won't you touch it? Also can't Survivors hear the Whispers perk too? I've sworn I've heard it as Survivor.
I want them to revert the volume increase they did with the 1.5.2 patch.
Killers can do their job with or without perks. Nobody NEEDS bbq but its run just for its utility. And trapper is one of those killers that doesnt need to find survivors quickly. Trapper wants to herd survivors to his already activated traps. If trapper is waiting until he finds a survivor to use his traps then he's most likely going to lose.
I never really learned to use it properly, but i think it's a good perk.
Trapper: All my traps are now in place. Time to find those pesky survivors.
*doors power*
Trapper: Damnit
When you go against the doctor, madness causes you to hear the same sound as whispers
Thanks, that must be it, if he got his own chase music, Doctor would definitely be horrifying.
i have whispers in my core 3 killer perks on EVERY killer, BBQ, Whispers, Enduring (4th perk most of the time is haunted grounds for memes and sometimes i slugged 3-4 survs in those 60sec)
whispers is strongest non teachable perk in the game and imo 2nd or 3rd if you count teachables but in contrast to many other perks it require constant thinking how you use it and it gets better the more you use it with EGC ingame whispers pretty much guarantee you kill, whispers make you waste less time looking for 1st survivor (btw most killers are using ruin because they cant find and catch 1st surv fast enough) and that perk its not that much in meta because as i told it require player to use brain while playing most players in this game want effortless profit like ruin, noed
This just in: Survivors near a fresh hook 8/10 times... but killers constantly accused of camping ^^"
Go figure!
Jokes aside, I think whispers is okay as is. Any tweaks and it would become too strong of a tracking perk.
Whispers is the killers Spine Chill
i would love that change to whisper would make it a good bit better and wouldn't encourage camping would do that to proxy camping though but if that happened the other survivors can just bust out gens which would cause the killer to lose and at the end of the day all you would need to do is leave against whisper and then come back after about ten seconds by then the killer would leave to pressure gens
Current Whispers is fine and rewards people who use it well to their advantages. If whispers didnt proc from hooked survivors it would become perk for campers.
Sadly only killers I have room to use Whispers are Nurse, Spirit, Huntress and Billy.
Personally I find Sloppy Butcher the strongest non-teachable. Its the barebone of any anti-heal build.
Oh God no. If it got louder as you got closer it would be broken. You'd be able to pinpoint survivors with no effort.
Imagine a thread getting made on how to change possibly the best killer perk in the game that isn't broken or needing fixing at all...and people still talking about it. OOF.
Perhaps we should come up with ideas for things that need changing instead of fixing what isn't broken.
Its about if it is ok or can need some adjustment.
I never said in the topic that whispers is broken or something like that. I just wanted to hear others oponion about whispers. Thats all. I dont see why this thread shouldnt exist.
I think your comment doesnt deliver anything to this thread and is just out of topic.
Pretty rude phrasing btw if you wanted to be constructive.
It's not off topic. Perhaps you should actually learn what off topic actually means.
In a game where there's so much wrong with so many other things...you want to change one a handful of perks that is absolutely perfect how it is. I'll keep saying it, and hammering it into your brain until you get it. Don't touch my Whispers.
How about you go to these threads then instead of staying here?
Its called general discussion and not fixes, bugs and problems.
I never I said I want to change a perk. wth you even talking about? You are so far away from reality whats this thread is about. But well done you ruined it with your broken heart leave my whispers alone cry stuff. Im gonna let this thread shut down. hope you happy.
@MandyTalk hey could you please close this thread for me. I had enough. thank you.
The perk is quite helpful on certain killers. Huntress for example with her slow movement speed and large Lullaby range is particularly susceptible to stealth, so being able to quickly determine if a location is worth looking into or if its empty is a huge time saver.
Whispers is one of the best end game perks and gives intel the entire match. I used to think it wasn't worth it then I learnt how use it.
The most simple uses are knowing if someone may see you setting a trap, knowing if a survivor is near a door, if a generator is being worked on, and knowing if someone is near a totem.
You won't know if someone *is*, you'll know if they *can be*. Whispers is a time saver as well as an intel tool.
Cause it's not my kinda Perk.
I actually LOL'd at this.
Locked at OP's request.