In my matches, the ones who lost as him also seemed to make more mistakes with general Killer play, while those who used his Powers quite well were also very good at applying pressure & your everyday loop.
I'm on PS4, and while he's clunky to play as, that doesn't necessarily mean he needs a buff so much as he needs better controls on console.
I second this. His dash feels like a shopping cart with something stuck in one of the wheels. I've played quite a few matches with him so far and I do much better if i don't use his power...
Pretty fine, as far as i know you can counter him by healing asap and using Spine Chills. He needs your blood, but if he can't find you, then he can't build-up his power on you.
Pretty fine, as far as i know you can counter him by healing asap and using Spine Chills. He needs your blood, but if he can't find you, then he can't build-up his power on you.
*Laughs in Blendette*
The only time an Oni has hit me was when one wanted to have a farming game. And one game on Hawkins against a guy who was a higher rank than me. First survivor led them to me, but got downed and instantly DC'd. Bloody rank 4 and the highest (only red) on the Survivor side.
I think he is very, very weak on Console. He can't really do anything against competent survivors in the higher ranks, and he applies no pressure at early game. His power can even be a hindrance if you try to use it to down in one hit. It's good for getting rid of pallets, but even then I think the cooldown is too long, his weaknesses on Console considered.
Note: on console, he doesn't have the flick that he does on PC, so that means his Strike is easy to dodge for survivors. I've only been able to down people with his Dash, but even then it's 1/3 chance. This is at rank 1.
I love the Oni and and I've been having a blast even when getting wrecked by good survivors. I wish could flick better but that's less to do with the Oni and more to do with ps4.
Despite my vote, and some previous superficial gripes, Oni is one of the better releases overall.
The blood orbs are the major issue, offering the easiest tracking in the game at pretty much no cost, and a power that's too easy to charge alongside both chainsaw abilities plus some tweaks to make those abilities slightly better. He's largely good, no overall nerf needed, but nerfing the blood orbs specifically would fix mechanical overperformance.. and making them look less like a Quake pickup would fix some of Oni's cosmetic anachronism.
Honestly Oni is probably a good A tier for me and he is nice as the way he is. I haven't played him yet so my opinion is based on videos and going against him. Oni's sprint is great and has the added factor of "holy crap he's charging right at me I'm gonna die" unlike Billy who's more like "oh he's charging right at me, oh well". Billy may be better in the end but Oni is the scariest killer there is.
I never see him. People stopped playing him pretty quick when they realized all survivors were dcing.
I haven‘t had any survivor dc on me because I was playing Oni in my many matches. He is very well balanced now after the nerfs in my opinion. If you are still struggling a lot against him, it simply takes practice to get used to how to counterplay him.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I honestly think this is one of the best, if not the best on-release killer they've made. Not just in terms of power, but fun and counterplay.
Congrats, BHVR. You get my stamp of approval.
I think it might be too early to decide.
Faced him a few times by now, surprisingly.
Idk, seems fine.
In my matches, the ones who lost as him also seemed to make more mistakes with general Killer play, while those who used his Powers quite well were also very good at applying pressure & your everyday loop.
I'm on PS4, and while he's clunky to play as, that doesn't necessarily mean he needs a buff so much as he needs better controls on console.
I second this. His dash feels like a shopping cart with something stuck in one of the wheels. I've played quite a few matches with him so far and I do much better if i don't use his power...
I do agree, however I think OP wants first impressions.
Fair enough.
Pretty fine, as far as i know you can counter him by healing asap and using Spine Chills. He needs your blood, but if he can't find you, then he can't build-up his power on you.
*Laughs in Blendette*
The only time an Oni has hit me was when one wanted to have a farming game. And one game on Hawkins against a guy who was a higher rank than me. First survivor led them to me, but got downed and instantly DC'd. Bloody rank 4 and the highest (only red) on the Survivor side.
Oni isn't the problem with console, CONSOLE is the problem with Oni.
Oni is bad on PS4 and XBOX because the sensitivity is too low and frame rate sucks.
This. ONI is fine.
DBD on the PS4 is not.
Agreed
I think he is very, very weak on Console. He can't really do anything against competent survivors in the higher ranks, and he applies no pressure at early game. His power can even be a hindrance if you try to use it to down in one hit. It's good for getting rid of pallets, but even then I think the cooldown is too long, his weaknesses on Console considered.
Note: on console, he doesn't have the flick that he does on PC, so that means his Strike is easy to dodge for survivors. I've only been able to down people with his Dash, but even then it's 1/3 chance. This is at rank 1.
I love the Oni and and I've been having a blast even when getting wrecked by good survivors. I wish could flick better but that's less to do with the Oni and more to do with ps4.
Despite my vote, and some previous superficial gripes, Oni is one of the better releases overall.
The blood orbs are the major issue, offering the easiest tracking in the game at pretty much no cost, and a power that's too easy to charge alongside both chainsaw abilities plus some tweaks to make those abilities slightly better. He's largely good, no overall nerf needed, but nerfing the blood orbs specifically would fix mechanical overperformance.. and making them look less like a Quake pickup would fix some of Oni's cosmetic anachronism.
Honestly Oni is probably a good A tier for me and he is nice as the way he is. I haven't played him yet so my opinion is based on videos and going against him. Oni's sprint is great and has the added factor of "holy crap he's charging right at me I'm gonna die" unlike Billy who's more like "oh he's charging right at me, oh well". Billy may be better in the end but Oni is the scariest killer there is.
Just a good killer in general. He's quite balanced, that's for sure. 10/10 gud killer.
I love the only vote for "believe it or not I play switch", hehehe
I never see him. People stopped playing him pretty quick when they realized all survivors were dcing.
I haven‘t had any survivor dc on me because I was playing Oni in my many matches. He is very well balanced now after the nerfs in my opinion. If you are still struggling a lot against him, it simply takes practice to get used to how to counterplay him.
A better Billy, never seen him run up the stairs