Comments

  • There are better cosmetics around ,Imo

  • I’m just happy to have gotten other cosmetics.

  • While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    There are better cosmetics around ,Imo

    I do like the propane hammer, to be fair. Something something propane and propane accessories, I tell ya hwat.

  • I recommend looking at the following Discussion, it provides a nice compromise whilst remaining fair to those who earned the cosmetics initially.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109850/petition-for-a-compromise-regarding-the-withdrawal-of-the-4-event-cosmetics/p1

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    Something something give me more free stuff something something I deserve everything you have something something salty tears

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    I recommend ignoring these kind of Discussions.

  • I got these and I lost them. I am was very upset when I did loose them but only to to find out I’d never get them again is very upsetting. So no. It isn’t fair.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894072#Comment_894072

    Something something give me more free stuff something something I deserve everything you have something something salty tears

    I had them and lost them. I can’t even get them back.

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    Well the argument of "they're exclusives so they should stay that way." doesn't hold up when all other event cosmetics are in the store for auric cells, so why not simply make the old event cosmetics the same? There's a discussion that is getting quite a lot of attention that I feel should be considered.

    Here's the link so you can read it: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109850/petition-for-a-compromise-regarding-the-withdrawal-of-the-4-event-cosmetics/p1

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    So what about the lunar event with the lanterns? People worked hard on that event. When did you decide the deadline?

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894072#Comment_894072

    Well the argument of "they're exclusives so they should stay that way." doesn't hold up when all other event cosmetics are in the store for auric cells, so why not simply make the old event cosmetics the same? There's a discussion that is getting quite a lot of attention that I feel should be considered.

    Here's the link so you can read it: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109850/petition-for-a-compromise-regarding-the-withdrawal-of-the-4-event-cosmetics/p1

    I would pay for them, not even joking. I just think that it is pretentious that they are doing this.

  • @Miss_Britannia said:

    I got these and I lost them. I am was very upset when I did loose them but only to to find out I’d never get them again is very upsetting. So no. It isn’t fair.

    I believe the devs said they will be able to give event cosmetics back to those who lost them.

    And I agree, it's not fair to not get special skins back that you lost because of bugs.

  • @Miss_Britannia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894085#Comment_894085

    I had them and lost them. I can’t even get them back.

    What do you mean by had them then lost them?

    Did you get them during the event or via other means?

    If via other means, please describe how?

  • @Miss_Britannia said:

    I got these and I lost them. I am was very upset when I did loose them but only to to find out I’d never get them again is very upsetting. So no. It isn’t fair.

    That's the point; we found a way to determine through our data who played during the event so we can return the cosmetics only to those who earned them. If you had them, you will be getting them back.

  • Those who didnt have the time to play obviously had more important things going on and should understand that they weren't able to earn the cosmetics because.... well.... more important matters took place.... same with the players who were not playing the game at the time, they should understand that they were not playing and therefore unable to earn the cosmetic...

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894099#Comment_894099

    That's the point; we found a way to determine through our data who played during the event so we can return the cosmetics only to those who earned them. If you had them, you will be getting them back.

    And what about giving everyone recolors of these event cosmetics? Just so we know who work hard to get that cosmetic and who got it for free?

  • The game is broke for Killer and Survivor and you are worried about skins?

    Seems Legit carry on.

  • Then they should also give everyone the rift cosmetics as well with that logic. What if I was too busy to earn them?

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894118#Comment_894118

    And what about giving everyone recolors of these event cosmetics? Just so we know who work hard to get that cosmetic and who got it for free?

    Good god give it a rest.

  • I honestly want to see this Discussion burn.

    People need to learn how to communicate their point across rather than screaming random ######### in the forums whilst saying FRICK BHVR.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    Those who didnt have the time to play obviously had more important things going on and should understand that they weren't able to earn the cosmetics because.... well.... more important matters took place.... same with the players who were not playing the game at the time, they should understand that they were not playing and therefore unable to earn the cosmetic...

    But here isn’t the thing. Notice how the other event item should are buyable, almost like the cosmetics shouldn’t be time locked.

  • @Miss_Britannia said:

    GODDAMN IT. The event cosmetics should be available for EVERYBODY. What about the people who were busy when the event took place or had just found out about the game? Still don’t want people the cosmetics? Smells like elitism to me.

    I would like to have the Chinese New Year's David Jacket, but what you have to consider is that people who own those exclusive items did a lot of grinding to get those items. I own the the Hillbilly's Pro-Pain Hammer and Kate's Song Bird Dress. They aren't the best cosmetics but I earned those cosmetics and they are indicators to others players that I earned those items during the event, rather than me buying them.

    EDIT: Especially the Pro-Pain Hammer, before the event I had never played as killer. I had to learn how to play killer before I could even get my Summer BBQ hooks.

    In my opinion asking for the old exclusive cosmetics to made available to everyone, is similar to asking for Legacy skins to be made available to everyone.

  • It may seem small to those who don’t care about cosmetics but it’s the principle of them.

  • @arslaN said:

    Then they should also give everyone the rift cosmetics as well with that logic. What if I was too busy to earn them?

    They will be though? It's confirmed that Rift Cosmetics will be in the store.

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    Mine is a little different, I got a save reset some time ago, completely resetting my progress


    How will you know if I even participated in the event?

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894149#Comment_894149

    They will be though? It's confirmed that Rift Cosmetics will be in the store.

    They didn't confirm that every rift item would come to the store as far as I know.

  • @Miss_Britannia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894131#Comment_894131

    But here isn’t the thing. Notice how the other event item should are buyable, almost like the cosmetics shouldn’t be time locked.

    If the events happened when bhvr started to put the cosmetics in the store then they would be...... the store wasn't implemented into the game until the clown chapter the howling grounds happened before clown and the devs made the BBQ event to be the sameway as the howling grounds... bhvr stated that event cosmetics wont be obtainable for those who didnt participate in the event and wont come back, something goes for legacy...

    this should be respected.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894072#Comment_894072

    Mine is a little different, I got a save reset some time ago, completely resetting my progress

    How will you know if I even participated in the event?

    They know. *Cue spooky music*

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    And why aren't they in the store like every other event cosmetic?

  • I own the event cosmetics and I feel as though they should be treated like the Hallowed Blight ones where they're put in the shop for purchase. The events were easy AF the reason everyone hated them was because they brought toxicity into the game. I really don't get why people say they worked hard for them which is why they should be exclusive you literally just play the game. Seems more entitled to try and prevent others from being able to acquire them even with auric cells than players asking for them tbh..


    @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894099#Comment_894099

    That's the point; we found a way to determine through our data who played during the event so we can return the cosmetics only to those who earned them. If you had them, you will be getting them back.

    Is there any way what so ever you can restore legacy for those who lost it? Even though I personally don't have legacy that's the only cosmetic I see that has a reason to be exclusive and restored to their rightful owners.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894118#Comment_894118

    And what about giving everyone recolors of these event cosmetics? Just so we know who work hard to get that cosmetic and who got it for free?

    Most of those cosmetics are recolours of existing items, so you've already got it. The only one that doesn't have a recolour in the game is the Hillbilly's hammer.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894118#Comment_894118

    And what about giving everyone recolors of these event cosmetics? Just so we know who work hard to get that cosmetic and who got it for free?

    They decided against that as they said a majority of them are just re-colors of existing skins as it is.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894139#Comment_894139

    Most of those cosmetics are recolours of existing items, so you've already got it. The only one that doesn't have a recolour in the game is the Hillbilly's hammer.

    And the hound mask iirc

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894149#Comment_894149

    They will be though? It's confirmed that Rift Cosmetics will be in the store.

    Yeah I am sure they do. The

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894178#Comment_894178

    If the events happened when bhvr started to put the cosmetics in the store then they would be...... the store wasn't implemented into the game until the clown chapter the howling grounds happened before clown and the devs made the BBQ event to be the sameway as the howling grounds... bhvr stated that event cosmetics wont be obtainable for those who didnt participate in the event and wont come back, something goes for legacy...

    this should be respected.

    Legacy is different from these cosmetics.

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    They are more than good enough (especially bills sweater) so thank you very much. On behalf of everyone else, thank you

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894139#Comment_894139

    Most of those cosmetics are recolours of existing items, so you've already got it. The only one that doesn't have a recolour in the game is the Hillbilly's hammer.

    Yeah no. I still want them as a completionist.

  • I'll be okay, I'm happy with these new cosmetics, I'm happy with what I have, you'll be too.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894139#Comment_894139

    They decided against that as they said a majority of them are just re-colors of existing skins as it is.

    Then why get the basic colours on the basic outfit?

  • Yikes OP.

    Also @Peanits, have you guys considered putting the event cosmetics in the store to be more consistent will all other events? Either that or letting people earn them in the future via the rift? Seems like a fair compromise. And thank you guys for the free 18 cosmetics btw.

  • I hate exclusives in general, alienating a portion of a player base is just stupid.

    I just don't have, worry, or buy cosmetic stuff in games that do, and don't stress about it.


    Edit:

    I like how riot changed their system like 8 years ago or so now was it? They made it so that like, the event skins come back but rather than just give them out for free they bring them back every matching event; and skins that happen at tournaments or whatever can be bought in store during that time until next year when tournaments roll around they and all prior ones are back in store.

    Like they still have that semi limited aspect but there is no "Oh you started the game but this cosmetic is your favorite- too bad you can never ever ever get it no matter what" that concept is just stupid to me.

    but w/e, devs can do what they want to do, I bought the demogorgon skin, that is probably the only cosmetic I'll buy or use tbh in the life of the game unless demo gets more later.

  • There's an alternate version of it in the free track of the Rift right now.

  • With bhvr stating multiple times on multiple streams that event cosmetics wont be coming back and that you had to play during the events to obtain those cosmetics, it's similar to them saying that legacy isnt coming back and you had to prestige back in 2016 in order to obtain those cosmetics... you can see where I'm going with this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I hate exclusives in general, alienating a portion of a player base is just stupid.

    I just don't have, worry, or buy cosmetic stuff in games that do, and don't stress about it.

    This is what I was talking about.

  • @Peanits said:

    While I get what you're saying, we did just give every 18 free cosmetics earlier this week. The point of giving people the event cosmetics was to compensate for the fact that people had lost them due to loss of progress. We found a better solution that would have allowed us to award them only to people who had earned them. I'm sorry if the free cosmetics we gave you weren't good enough, but this way is more fair to the people who put in the effort to get them.

    Does this mean there's even a tiny scrap of hope that this solution could get me my legacy back after I lost it due to a progress wipe?

  • @Cetren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894072#Comment_894072

    Does this mean there's even a tiny scrap of hope that this solution could get me my legacy back after I lost it due to a progress wipe?

    Not exactly. Our data was nowhere near as detailed when the game first came out, so unfortunately that wouldn't be possible yet.

  • They.

    Are.

    Just.

    Kilobytes.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894268#Comment_894268

    There's an alternate version of it in the free track of the Rift right now.

    No that's the cat mask.

‹ 1 2 3