We heard your complaints about the Rift...

"...go ######### yourself." Seriously this new Rift is a goddamn joke. Did Behaviour even care about all the complaints about the last one, and the leaked level 4 Rift?

Unhook 2 people during the End Game Collapse? Like Killers aren't going to facecamp during EGC if there's more than 2 Survivors left, and like Killers aren't going to all start running Bloodwarden knowing that this is a thing?

Heal 4 Survivors in 1 trial? Guess I should just equip Autodidact and Empathy and name myself "Healbot" huhn?

Trap 5 Survivors in 1 trial? Because the 4 trap one wasn't already a big enough pain in the ass.

Escape the trial without being hooked once? Why not rename this trial "Deranker's Escape"?

Sacrifice 2 Survivors in the End Game with NOED? Oh boy can't wait for everyone and their dog to run Small Game now.

Some of these Challenges are fun. The ones that encourage you to play differently with different perks (IE "Escape with the perk Hope") and the challenges related to hooking / killing the Obsession look fun. The general ones also look fun if admittedly time consuming; no more "prethrow every pallet on the map" challenge. But most of these force you to play stupid and throw the game just to get them done. A lot of the higher end challenges (notably the "sacrifice 2 Survivors during EGC" and "hook 2 people in the basement at the same time") force you to play scummy in order to complete them.

I really hope Behaviour looks over these challenges and changes them. I don't want "the next Rift to be better" because I paid money for this Pass. I shouldn't be given the beta of a product when I paid money to use it, and it should be fun to play a video game. Right now the Rift is a chore, and will only be done if a bunch of people sit down and farm.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873492#Comment_873492

    lol good suggestion, I think I might try that. NOED, Bitter Murmur, Knockout, Deerstalker. Or should I replace one of those with Blood Warden? Eh, I guess that's a trial and error question.

    Blood warden is absolutely necessary, I actually got three sacrifices instead of two when I did this today because the idiots were hanging out in the exit gate not realizing I could see them

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873497#Comment_873497

    Blood warden is absolutely necessary, I actually got three sacrifices instead of two when I did this today because the idiots were hanging out in the exit gate not realizing I could see them

    haha nice. Yeah, the build I've been using to try to do it is NOED, Blood Warden, Bitter Murmur, and Whispers. I feel like I should change it at least a little if I do a no-show Wraith build. Whispers could certainly be replaced. Maybe I'll replace Whispers with Deerstalker; Knockout probably wouldn't be very helpful.

    I can't remember if I've ever successfully used Blood Warden during a game. I don't think I've tried using it since they added the EGC.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873503#Comment_873503

    haha nice. Yeah, the build I've been using to try to do it is NOED, Blood Warden, Bitter Murmur, and Whispers. I feel like I should change it at least a little if I do a no-show Wraith build. Whispers could certainly be replaced. Maybe I'll replace Whispers with Deerstalker; Knockout probably wouldn't be very helpful.

    I can't remember if I've ever successfully used Blood Warden during a game. I don't think I've tried using it since they added the EGC.

    I did noed blood warden knockout insidious. Didn't end up using insidious at all but the idea was I'd camp the first guy to knock down the second guy. Knockouts good because if you've Gotta slug they won't be able to find him and get him off the ground. I didn't end up using that one either though.

  • All the challenges you mentioned i did in one try (each) they are not hard if you are somewhat decent at the game.

    dont understand Why people complain about challenges being challenging, Whats the point if its to easy?

  • @ggallinftw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872584#Comment_872584

    Really love the solution that every BHVR apologist on here comes up with... don't play.

    If you think about it, don't play is a good solution. Don't play so they notice that the game starts dying and actually makes positive changes to it.

  • I managed to successfully save one survivor during the end game collapse. Then the killer downs me, camps me, I get saved, and then rage quits. Why does it have to be TWO in a single match. That's absolutely ridiculous.

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    I managed to successfully save one survivor during the end game collapse. Then the killer downs me, camps me, I get saved, and then rage quits. Why does it have to be TWO in a single match. That's absolutely ridiculous.

    I would rather have grinding one like 10 total then 2 in a single match. In red ranks thats almost impossible (considering the killer doesn't deliberadly cooperates, wich is very rare)

  • @asergioam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873772#Comment_873772

    I would rather have grinding one like 10 total then 2 in a single match. In red ranks thats almost impossible (considering the killer doesn't deliberadly cooperates, wich is very rare)

    I'm red ranks and by the time end game happens, mostly everyone is on death hook. And let's just say the killer has a bad match and gets gen rushed. What happens when the killer notices? Rage quits.

    Then killers have the challenge to sacrifice 2 people during end game collapse with NOED, which means that it's more viable for the killer to slug and have everyone on death hook by the time end game triggers. It's counter intuitive and based on pure luck..

    The worst part is that I already had rescued two people during end game, but tough luck because you can only do one challenge at a time which at the time, was rescue 25 people from a hook.

    I'm a solo survivor and this particular challenge is based on nothing but pure luck, which is BS. sigh...

  • As others have pointed out in this thread, I think the main issue is not the difficulty of the challenges (it would be counter to BHVRs financial intentions for everyone to finish the archives in the timespace provided as it would give them their Auric Cells back, ideally a significant percentage of players should not get all of their Cells back for it to be a viable business decision). But that level III of the current tome puts survivors in direct competition with one another.

    This is because the unhook 25 survivors challenge acts as a gateway to other challenges, and encourages people to "get it out of the way" as soon as possible, leading to survivors making decisions in-game unrelated to their main objective. As one member pointed out, the best solution to this from a player perspective is to take a short break from the game, however from the perspective of a business, creating systems which encourage people not to use your product for stretches of time doesn't strike me as the most salient use of your resources.

    I have written about this in more detail here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107825/detailed-feedback-on-the-tome-system-and-the-behavior-it-encourages#latest

  • @JohnyBlood said:

    I dont know why so many people are defending the devs considering these Tomes. This is just a lazy work imo. This game is full of perks, full of great possible ideas and they take the most unimaginative way possible and they don't even consider the impact of these challenges on the gameplay. Everyone is doing some challenge now so every other game is completely broken - friendly killers, survivors who dont repair and compete against each other..it's a mess..and considering how much grind is required this will be happening for a long time.

    I have managed to complete Level 1 and Level 2 of the Tome, so yes, it's doable but it doesn't mean it is done correctly and that the amount of the grind is ok... After the 4th level leak, I really hoped the devs would listen to the community because their concerns were completetly right, in fact its just a common sense...but they didnt listen at all. Most of these challenges really feel just like doing chores and reqiure too much grind. This is a PAID game with the 10 E Battle Pass, with very expensive DLCs so why the grind has to be so enormous?

    This Pass was a good idea but it is badly executed, not well-thought, just lazy and unimaginative. That's my opinion, but I dont think I'm alone with it. Until there will be some important changes done with the next Pass, I definitely wont buy it. Sadly there is no "completely ignoring it", because it has impacted most of the regular gameplay. That's just my opinion ;)

    Because they're challenges they're supposed to be hard lol. Gonna lick BHVR's boots some more; maybe buy another $10 character skin.

    @StardustSpeedway said:

    I managed to successfully save one survivor during the end game collapse. Then the killer downs me, camps me, I get saved, and then rage quits. Why does it have to be TWO in a single match. That's absolutely ridiculous.

    To quote myself: "It's not like the Killer is going to camp if more than 2 people are alive during EGC."

    Also it's not like everyone and their dog is going to run NOED for the sake of the "kill 2 people with NOED" challenge.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872229#Comment_872229

    Alot of the ones that take a large number of broken pallets and such can take alot of time unless your farming, but some of em...like the bear trap one I just finished, can be done in 1 go. The only thing I'll really find annoying about the basement one is that I have to equip monsterous shrine.

    It wasn't so bad. I just did it on my first try with the hag, agitation and iron grasp. Yeah the perk required was useless but still.


  • @ZephyAlurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872646#Comment_872646

    If you think about it, don't play is a good solution. Don't play so they notice that the game starts dying and actually makes positive changes to it.

    Quite true actually. I can say myself that I've been playing a lot more OW/SOT lately and a lot less DBD.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I actually JUST finished the Trapper one for 5 traps. These are do-able.

    I think all challenges are easy with the exception of unhooking 2 survivors during the EGC. They really went nuts with that one.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872197#Comment_872197

    I think all challenges are easy with the exception of unhooking 2 survivors during the EGC. They really went nuts with that one.

    Tome 4 challenge...get 7 unhooks during EGC

  • @Fibijean said:

    I understand the frustration, but perhaps it would be a good idea to save the complaints for after we've all had a shot at the trials. As @LordGlint just demonstrated, many of the challenges probably seem a lot more insurmountable than they actually are.

    The Tome, incidentally, wasn't what you paid for. And I'm sorry to be that person, but no one forced you to pay for the Rift pass either. If you weren't satisfied with what you were getting at the time that you paid for it, it probably would have been a better idea not to.

    What's done is done, though, and I'm sure my telling you things you already know isn't easing the regret. So give the challenges a go - you might find they're not as terrible as you think, and you may end up getting more out of that pass you paid for than you're expecting to right now.

    "no one forced you too pay for the rift pass." This would be true if the free pass was worth it's weight. You get half cosmetic sets, bad pins, and air. Not even bloodpoints or iridescent shards.

    The rift pass, like all battle passes, encourages people too buy them because of exclusive content. Just because you don't have too buy them doesn't mean it's that simple. The week 3 challenges, to me, say "You could grind for days too get 3 challenges done, OR you could pay up and get it all easy." It's meant too try and force people too buy battle pass levels.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I actually JUST finished the Trapper one for 5 traps. These are do-able.

    If luck is on your side, sure it's do-able. There's no way someone is just gonna be able too save 2 people during EGC, and they have too be safe unhooks in a game or 2, it's all down too luck, nothing more. You're not even guaranteed an EGC in a match, or people are gonna be hooked.

  • https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1200171700702371841

    Guiz da chalengzz rnt dat hord juzt donut do dem if 2 herd lol

    Yes because keeping quiet and licking Behaviour's boots is the fastest way to let them know that the community has a problem with the game. Thanks for listening to feedback, Behaviour. :)

  • @FancyMrB said:

    They are challenges for a reason. They will take time, patience, skill, and some luck.

    If you don't like challenges, don't do them (or spend your money on a rift pass).

    But challenges are meant to have a reward, you get basically a daily amount of bloodpoints so people are only playing for the rift. And people were only allowed to see the first level of challenges, which weren't unreasonable. It is flat out unfair that these challenges are overly grindy and not hard or excessively difficult and only cause frustration. For 10 dollars, the cosmetics are a wonderful deal, but the challenges cause hours of frustration and boredom.

  • These challenges are pretty easy hoenstly. Even the unhooking one. Just do hook tradeoffs until someone dies. Or just farm.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872221#Comment_872221

    "no one forced you too pay for the rift pass." This would be true if the free pass was worth it's weight. You get half cosmetic sets, bad pins, and air. Not even bloodpoints or iridescent shards.

    The rift pass, like all battle passes, encourages people too buy them because of exclusive content. Just because you don't have too buy them doesn't mean it's that simple. The week 3 challenges, to me, say "You could grind for days too get 3 challenges done, OR you could pay up and get it all easy." It's meant too try and force people too buy battle pass levels.

    It's still true. People knew what was available in the pass when they bought it.

    And yes, marketing strategies are designed to encourage people to invest in a product. That's how pretty much every company ever stays in business. That doesn't mean you're "forced" to buy the Rift pass any more than you're "forced" to buy a Big Mac if you see one on a billboard, or even forced to buy the game itself, if we want to stay in the video game ballpark, just because you saw the trailer and maybe some art or gameplay footage.

    Enticing and forcing someone to buy a product are two very different things, and recognising the distinction is important. One is the basis of marketing theory. The other is borderline (if not completely) illegal.

1 2 ›