The Nurse's stats prove that her rework was bad

She used to be the strongest and most played killer yet the stats clearly show that she is now the weakest and is not as picked as she used to be.

Look as a Nurse main, I will admit that the Nurse was very powerful. However, there should be killers who are powerful and harder to escape from but balanced. Nurse was a prime example of that. I would rather them give her a longer fatigue and give more negative effects for Cambell's Last Breath (plus 2 blinks addon) then the rework she received.

Nurse's rework made her extremely unfun to play and the stats clearly show that. Please consider reverting her BHVR.

Comments

  • I hope you are not advocating for the multi blink addons.

  • Only revert her base kit.

    The add-on changes were justified.

  • Her base kit nerf killed her.. stare at the ground and wait for the cooldown to finish simulator now

  • @Mr_K said:

    I hope you are not advocating for the multi blink addons.

    did I not say to nerf the +2 blink addons?

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Only revert her base kit.

    The add-on changes were justified.

    i disagree, i felt like most of her addons were fine. They are weird now.

  • I'm against their existence in the first place. If it wasn't for the three blink achievement I say no plus blink addons.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867183#Comment_867183

    i disagree, i felt like most of her addons were fine. They are weird now.

    They had to nerf them because some of her add-ons were legitimately overpowered lol.

  • No one liked her changes so in all and all, her play rate went down.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867201#Comment_867201

    They had to nerf them because some of her add-ons were legitimately overpowered lol.

    which ones did you feel were OP?

  • The ones that gave her extra blinks or too much range.

  • I don't see anything on the stats that suggest that ? All I see her kill rate is down to some normal numbers aka 65% at red ranks. if we can call 65% normal that is .... when every other killer is also above that number and they were way lower last time we had stats but thats another story ...

  • @Haku said:

    I don't see anything on the stats that suggest that ? All I see her kill rate is down to some normal numbers aka 65% at red ranks. if we can call 65% normal that is .... when every other killer is also above that number and they were way lower last time we had stats but thats another story ...

    But the first chart shows playdate vs kill rate..nurse was bottom 3

  • It is very bad if you look at all the ranks because it is undoubtedly the most difficult killer to handle and master, and it is in the basegame. The same reasoning explains why the Trapper would be the most popular killer (all ranks), and by far...

    However, the Nurse keeps a reasonable level if you look at the red ranks.

    For me, she needs QoL (which will also increase its popularity), and maybe a slight buff, but nothing more.

  • The distance addons offered no downside. You could blink the same distance as base on a shorter charge. It basically buff her entire kit along side the one value they were supposed to, distance.

    Multi-blink addons removed any skill involved in prediction and accuracy. The four blink combo for example removed as much and rewarded mistakes in exchange of no downside in charge time or distance.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867229#Comment_867229

    But the first chart shows playdate vs kill rate..nurse was bottom 3

    Yes the first stats are bad nurses + good nurses aka all ranks . Bad nurses include me doing my daily + probably80-90% of the nurses in general. Nurse takes skill to play. It is a not a Freddy spam my traps with one button gameplay. It is way harder

  • @Haku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867236#Comment_867236

    Yes the first stats are bad nurses + good nurses aka all ranks . Bad nurses includes me doing my daily + probably80-90% of the nurses in general. Nurse takes skill to play. It is a not a Freddy spam my traps with one button gameplay. It is way harder

    You dont play her much I take it..she always took skill..especially addonless , but giving free extra distance to survivors is a handout..not a boost to skill requirement

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867219#Comment_867219

    The distance addons offered no downside. You could blink the same distance as base on a shorter charge. It basically buff her entire kit along side the one value they were supposed to, distance.

    Multi-blink addons removed any skill involved in prediction and accuracy. The four blink combo for example removed as much and rewarded mistakes in exchange of no downside in charge time or distance.

    Distance addons decreased the accuracy but I agree it didn't do much. However, multiblink addons did increase her fatigue a lot and shortened the chain blink window. Bookmark and Fragile Wheeze was fine but Campbell's was the only multiblink that was OP.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867244#Comment_867244

    Distance addons decreased the accuracy but I agree it didn't do much. However, multiblink addons did increase her fatigue a lot and shortened the chain blink window. Bookmark and Fragile Wheeze was fine but Campbell's was the only multiblink that was OP.

    Like I said before, it is my opinion that all blink addons reduced the skill involved in playing Nurse. That includes 3, 4 , and 5 blinks.

    I have more respect for the old Omega blink Nurses than I do with three blink Nurses.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867183#Comment_867183

    i disagree, i felt like most of her addons were fine. They are weird now.

    No. Her multi blink and range addons made her too powerful. Every additional blink for nurse is like a second chance perk of a survivor.

    Anyway, the stats show a really low pickrate through the ranks. So she is apparently not fun anymore. How bout reverting the basekit nerf then, something literally everyone says since the nerf announcement?

  • I like how a 65% kill rate is too low for some people. It probably dropped because most people that played Nurse used broken stuff and can't play her without it anymore. I'm still seeing the good nurse players utterly dominate just as much as they did.

  • @ScottJund said:

    I like how a 65% kill rate is too low for some people. It probably dropped because most people that played Nurse used broken stuff and can't play her without it anymore. I'm still seeing the good nurse players utterly dominate just as much as they did.

    65% of the average including all players.

    The issues for killers lie in the 1% of matches. Having data not based on best vs best won't show killer issues.

    The minority portion of red ranks. Overall red rank data isn't good we need data vs elite depip teams with the goal to make the game unfun for the killer. Teams that will not be altruistic if it means a win.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867296#Comment_867296

    65% of the average including all players.

    The issues for killers lie in the 1% of matches. Having data not based on best vs best won't show killer issues.

    The minority portion of red ranks. Overall red rank data isn't good we need data vs elite depip teams with the goal to make the game unfun for the killer. Teams that will not be altruistic if it means a win.

    Do you seriously think balancing the game for the 1 out of 200 games you get a true depip squad is a good idea? Can you seriously not see how that would absolutely kill the game?

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867254#Comment_867254

    Like I said before, it is my opinion that all blink addons reduced the skill involved in playing Nurse. That includes 3, 4 , and 5 blinks.

    I have more respect for the old Omega blink Nurses than I do with three blink Nurses.

    I respect your opinion. I just think that her addons now just don't fit her power at all.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867304#Comment_867304

    Do you seriously think balancing the game for the 1 out of 200 games you get a true depip squad is a good idea? Can you seriously not see how that would absolutely kill the game?

    Balancing the entire game around it obviously isn't the solution. There should be a middle ground that addresses these players is all i'm saying.

    Ignoring these matches/groups isn't a good idea they're not fun.

  • Interesting.

    It seems every other Killer is over performing Behaviour's ideal 50% kill rate (2 escape and 2 sacrificed).

    Sound's like more adjustments are needed.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867316#Comment_867316

    Balancing the entire game around it obviously isn't the solution. There should be a middle ground that addresses these players is all i'm saying.

    Ignoring these matches/groups isn't a good idea they're not fun.

    Ideally yes, but due to the rank system being impossible to get right and due to how asymmetrical the game is, that will never happen.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867229#Comment_867229

    But the first chart shows playdate vs kill rate..nurse was bottom 3

    This was for all Ranks AND Platforms. I dont think that many red Rank Killers will play the Nurse on Console so that this shifts more to PC than the overall. And for all Ranks... Funny thing, last time the data was not representative (according to some people) because all Ranks were included. Now it is?

    I mean, you can interpret statistics the way you like, at least it looks like that...

  • Agreed, the base kit needs to be looked over again, so boring to play her now

  • The stats proof nothing.

    1. They include console gameplay. (= low kill rate overall, compare to PC only)
    2. Ex-Nurses are sulky and dont play her anymore. (= low pickrate overall)
    3. Ex-Nurses werent that skilled at all (= lower kill rates)
    4. Babynurses/low skilled Nurses decrease her killing rate. (= low kill rate overall)


  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867236#Comment_867236

    This was for all Ranks AND Platforms. I dont think that many red Rank Killers will play the Nurse on Console so that this shifts more to PC than the overall. And for all Ranks... Funny thing, last time the data was not representative (according to some people) because all Ranks were included. Now it is?

    I mean, you can interpret statistics the way you like, at least it looks like that...

    I'm looking at mainly Ted ranks because console wont skew the stats very far..and no new nurse wants to play her at red..so that's where the veterans play..bottom..3..less than wraith ffs

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    The stats proof nothing.

    1. They include console gameplay. (= low kill rate overall, compare to PC only)
    2. Ex-Nurses are sulky and dont play her anymore. (= low pickrate overall)
    3. Ex-Nurses werent that skilled at all (= lower kill rates)
    4. Babynurses/low skilled Nurses decrease her killing rate. (= low kill rate overall)

    @LetsPlayTogether Whereas your made up stats make perfect sense lol, nice one. Had you in fact read the feedback, you'd see that we can still 4k and that's not the problem, the problem is she's unfun to play now so I'd rather play other killers.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867304#Comment_867304

    Do you seriously think balancing the game for the 1 out of 200 games you get a true depip squad is a good idea? Can you seriously not see how that would absolutely kill the game?

    The irony, didn't you advocate on these forums that there is no chance vs the godlike nurse and demanded changes based upon the 1% of players in total?

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867316#Comment_867316

    The irony, didn't you advocate on these forums that there is no chance vs the godlike nurse and demanded changes based upon the 1% of players in total?

    The difference is the Nurse didn't have to be godlike. She could just have 5 blinks, or omegablink, or any combination of things that made her playable by a potato.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    She used to be the strongest and most played killer yet the stats clearly show that she is now the weakest and is not as picked as she used to be.

    Look as a Nurse main, I will admit that the Nurse was very powerful. However, there should be killers who are powerful and harder to escape from but balanced. Nurse was a prime example of that. I would rather them give her a longer fatigue and give more negative effects for Cambell's Last Breath (plus 2 blinks addon) then the rework she received.

    Nurse's rework made her extremely unfun to play and the stats clearly show that. Please consider reverting her BHVR.

    I would take a vague stat like this with a semi grain of salt, especially if they didn't show comparisons of Nurse before and after her rework. A lot of people probably play Nurse who are not in red ranks. In other words, they're probably noobs and don't win that often compared to someone who's mained her for awhile and is in purple/red ranks.

    It'd be nice if they gave us both general and specific stats. Going against Nurses (which honestly I haven't seen many since) still seem to be the same to me. She's good at what she does depending on the person playing her still.

    This isn't to say your thoughts are invalid, because you play Nurse more than I do automatically lol. I know my personal opinion is that she's fine just like she was before the mini rework. Who knows, maybe people don't play her as much because the add-ons are not as OP or she's actually just no fun.

  • Shes still queen in the right hands.


  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867467#Comment_867467

    The difference is the Nurse didn't have to be godlike. She could just have 5 blinks, or omegablink, or any combination of things that made her playable by a potato.

    That has literally nothing to do with what I said, you argued to balance because there is a very small amount of players 1% is probably too much that just destroy survivors no matter what they do with nurse.

    Every potato can play ever killer if the person has purchased it. And no, potatoes that played nurse were bullied or did you never see a baby nurse? Completely wrong.


  • @wichael_wyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107337/the-nurses-stats-prove-that-her-rework-was-bad

    I would take a vague stat like this with a semi grain of salt, especially if they didn't show comparisons of Nurse before and after her rework. A lot of people probably play Nurse who are not in red ranks. In other words, they're probably noobs and don't win that often compared to someone who's mained her for awhile and is in purple/red ranks.

    It'd be nice if they gave us both general and specific stats. Going against Nurses (which honestly I haven't seen many since) still seem to be the same to me. She's good at what she does depending on the person playing her still.

    This isn't to say your thoughts are invalid, because you play Nurse more than I do automatically lol. I know my personal opinion is that she's fine just like she was before the mini rework. Who knows, maybe people don't play her as much because the add-ons are not as OP or she's actually just no fun.

    @wichael_wyers I played base kit nurse without add ons, can still 4k but find her unfun after messing up the base kit and have moved on to other fun killers / play survivor instead

  • @wichael_wyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107337/the-nurses-stats-prove-that-her-rework-was-bad

    I would take a vague stat like this with a semi grain of salt, especially if they didn't show comparisons of Nurse before and after her rework. A lot of people probably play Nurse who are not in red ranks. In other words, they're probably noobs and don't win that often compared to someone who's mained her for awhile and is in purple/red ranks.

    It'd be nice if they gave us both general and specific stats. Going against Nurses (which honestly I haven't seen many since) still seem to be the same to me. She's good at what she does depending on the person playing her still.

    This isn't to say your thoughts are invalid, because you play Nurse more than I do automatically lol. I know my personal opinion is that she's fine just like she was before the mini rework. Who knows, maybe people don't play her as much because the add-ons are not as OP or she's actually just no fun.

    Lol ok I feel like an idiot, because I didn't get images for all of the stats, so some of the things I said might be dumb. I just saw the stats between all ranks and red ranks. We all can't say for sure why it's lower regardless. Maybe add-ons are harder, maybe Nurse is actually boring, maybe it was a bad nerf, who knows. To me, a 7% difference in kills (for red ranks) before and after the patch doesn't seem big, but I could be wrong honestly. We don't know what builds, add-ons, or how "sweaty" people are. Or even how good.

  • @Uxoricide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867477#Comment_867477

    @wichael_wyers I played base kit nurse without add ons, can still 4k but find her unfun after messing up the base kit and have moved on to other fun killers / play survivor instead

    Oof, that's actually unfortunate, man. I hope you can find another fun killer to play as. Maybe one day a cool build will appear for you to experiment and find some dumb fun out of her again. I wasn't ever really knowledgeable about Nurse's add-ons in the first place. It seemed like everyone used the same blink or maybe distance add-ons, so I wasn't really aware of any of her other add-ons. Not sure if they were any good or were pretty cool.

  • Base kit was fine only some addons needed rework. They didnt kill the nurse but decrease the numbers massively cause now only true nurse mains play her because Is not Even fun for most people anymore.