Since Balanced Landing is getting destroyed...

I feel like Killers should stagger after a fall.


They can fall out of the Asylum or the Underground Facility's second floor with no punishment. ESPECIALLY CLOWNS ENORMOUS BEHIND.


So please. Equal rights.

Comments

  • They made it so that you couldn't use infinites like the tractor or haddonfield.


    Its to balance everything out and I don't mind because this needed to happen anyways to balance the game

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    I feel like Killers should stagger after a fall.

    They can fall out of the Asylum or the Underground Facility's second floor with no punishment. ESPECIALLY CLOWNS ENORMOUS BEHIND.

    So please. Equal rights.

    Nah BL needed a nerf for a long time due to Haddonfield and some maps.

    This coming from a person who before I found exhaustion perks pointless used BL on every build.

  • Since survivors have perks that give them speed boosts on certain conditions, I think killers should get 150% speed boosts for 3 seconds too.

  • Equal rights. Let Killers vault as fast as Survivors. :)

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    I feel like Killers should stagger after a fall.

    They can fall out of the Asylum or the Underground Facility's second floor with no punishment. ESPECIALLY CLOWNS ENORMOUS BEHIND.

    So please. Equal rights.

    Did you just say equal rights? Don't even.

  • Rofl.

    Legion is nerfed. Survivors: Fair.

    Nurse is nerfed. Survivors: About time!

    Spirit is nerfed. Survivors: Nerf more!

    Balanced Landing is nerfed. Survivors: #########! No fair! Nerf Killers equally! Give Killers a stagger!


    For the record; Killers don't stagger to make falling a threat to Survivors. Killers are super-human monsters. Balance is not 'what you do to one side, you do to both'.

  • No, git gud without it

  • That's... not how balancing the game works

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    I feel like Killers should stagger after a fall.

    They can fall out of the Asylum or the Underground Facility's second floor with no punishment. ESPECIALLY CLOWNS ENORMOUS BEHIND.

    So please. Equal rights.

    Don't start with "equal rights". There is a long list of things waiting...

  • I think it needed to be very strong in certain parts of the map to make up for it being useless in other parts of the map, or even being nearly non-useable on some maps (shelter woods). It was already kind of a risk to take over dead hard and now it's pretty junk.

  • @Apple2o said:

    I think it needed to be very strong in certain parts of the map to make up for it being useless in other parts of the map, or even being nearly non-useable on some maps (shelter woods). It was already kind of a risk to take over dead hard and now it's pretty junk.

    Basically this.

    This only leaves Dead Hard as a real option for Exhaustion Perks. I mean, this is exactly how you end up with all Survivors having the same Perks.

  • They should've considered fixing their maps and give other exhaustion perks passives too.

  • @S_Panda said:

    Since survivors have perks that give them speed boosts on certain conditions, I think killers should get 150% speed boosts for 3 seconds too.

    Lmao. Most Killers are 115% and they jump without breaking ankles.

    What's the point of BL after that. Devs babing the killers bc they cry.

  • @nononono said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848631#Comment_848631

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848648#Comment_848648

    You see, he means killers should stagger too. Killers can fall from any height and be fine which isn’t that fair. They should be staggered at least a little bit. Falling from the hole on the 2nd floor in Hawkins is pretty high yet the killers legs don’t seem to be broken at all :0

    If Killers should stagger, they should also be able to naturally vault as fast as Survivors. Equal rights.

  • It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

  • Well, previously all the survivors had BL, so not a good point

    And I'm wondering how long it takes until this thread is deleted XD

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    So the entity made clown look like 200kg but he falls like a feather?

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848835#Comment_848835

    So the entity made clown look like 200kg but he falls like a feather?

    If we want to bring realism into this, it's not very realistic to step in a bear trap, free yourself, then proceed to jump out of a second story window multiple times without even being phased by the fall. Gameplay comes before realism.

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848835#Comment_848835

    So the entity made clown look like 200kg but he falls like a feather?

    Well, yeah. Much like how Entity gives all Killers super hearing.

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848835#Comment_848835

    So the entity made clown look like 200kg but he falls like a feather?

    No, but the Entity made every kill abnormally strong so they can kick apart wooden pallets (I used to cut them up for firewood; no human alive can splinter one in two kicks) and not stagger in falls.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848845#Comment_848845

    If we want to bring realism into this, it's not very realistic to step in a bear trap, free yourself, then proceed to jump out of a second story window multiple times without even being phased by the fall. Gameplay comes before realism.

    It's funny - I was wondering why you were commenting on this and then I was like 'oh ptb patch notes must be out'

    You should obviously just put survivors in the dying state when they jump out of the second story.

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848835#Comment_848835

    So the entity made clown look like 200kg but he falls like a feather?

    Yep. Just like how rubbing your hands on another survivor's back magically heals severe attacks from knives, chainsaws, axes, swords etc.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848845#Comment_848845

    If we want to bring realism into this, it's not very realistic to step in a bear trap, free yourself, then proceed to jump out of a second story window multiple times without even being phased by the fall. Gameplay comes before realism.

    I've been meaning to ask about that, you guys should add a bloodloss mechanic to the game to cause some kind of debilitation for frequent wounds. like a sound or slight sight reduction that can build up like deep wounds or deafening.

  • @Peanits thank the devs team for that. This is a good change keep up the good work.

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    I feel like Killers should stagger after a fall.

    They can fall out of the Asylum or the Underground Facility's second floor with no punishment. ESPECIALLY CLOWNS ENORMOUS BEHIND.

    So please. Equal rights.

    I said this so many times I don’t think it’s fair a killer and he holding me and drop off 2 stories and has no fall stager but I drop of a rock and I broke my ankle for a minute lool

  • Since balanced landing is getting balanced...

  • No one mentions that jumping off now gonna be silent and you actually can stealthily get away with it?

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/105380/since-balanced-landing-is-getting-destroyed

    I said this so many times I don’t think it’s fair a killer and he holding me and drop off 2 stories and has no fall stager but I drop of a rock and I broke my ankle for a minute lool

    Again; the Killers are super-human. They can kick apart wooden pallets in 2 kicks. They can ignore a 2 story fall, and realism has no place in a game where Survivors can ignore a meathook through the shoulder, and get up after knives, swords, claws, and chainsaws cleave through their bodies.

  • @avilmask said:

    No one mentions that jumping off now gonna be silent and you actually can stealthily get away with it?

    You mean stealthy with all those Scratch Marks you are leaving when running away with your Speed Boost?

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    There is no point in using Balanced Landing then. It is more situational than Lithe, and Lithe is already not so good.

    In the end this will just lead to more people using Dead Hard (when you make it work, eventually...), which results in even less Perk Diversity.

  • @AokiiSenpaii said:

    I feel like Killers should stagger after a fall.

    They can fall out of the Asylum or the Underground Facility's second floor with no punishment. ESPECIALLY CLOWNS ENORMOUS BEHIND.

    So please. Equal rights.

    What the actual hell are you on about mate it's still really good

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848999#Comment_848999

    You mean stealthy with all those Scratch Marks you are leaving when running away with your Speed Boost?

    If it's from behind of a house, doesn't matter much since killer can't see through walls (and have a hard time watching through vaults over elevations). Also you don't have to run if you want to stay stealthy, boost applies to walking.

  • @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/849009#Comment_849009

    If it's from behind of a house, doesn't matter much since killer can't see through walls (and have a hard time watching through vaults over elevations). Also you don't have to run if you want to stay stealthy, boost applies to walking.

    Now you can fall and WALK away from a phasing spirit

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    It's less than it ever was. Even back, when the stagger reduction had a 40sec cooldown, it wasn't exhaustion depended. And much more usable. That's why I was even running the DH+BL combi even in the time before you removed the cooldown. I had a secondary choice and even if I was using DH in a chase, BL would give me the reduction at least once in a chase.

    Problem with this change is, that Balanced Landing alone is a way to situational perk compared to other exhaustions. SB might come with less control, but I'm guaranteed to get it. DH might be smaller, but is much more controlled and always usable as well. BL requires you to get a good map and be in a good position to use it in a chase. Lithe is quite similar, but it's less situational because you can trigger it on palletts. So BL needs it's second passive efect. Otherwise it's just a bottom tier exhaustion perk.

  • I take it they're changing it to you only get the stun reduction if you aren't exhausted? If so I have to disagree with that change. The only reason it was good is because it opened up potential loops. If the stagger reduction was lessened while exhausted that would have been a fair change. Removing it completely will kill the perk.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I take it they're changing it to you only get the stun reduction if you aren't exhausted? If so I have to disagree with that change. The only reason it was good is because it opened up potential loops. If the stagger reduction was lessened while exhausted that would have been a fair change. Removing it completely will kill the perk.

    >The only reason it was good is because it opened up potential loops

    That was exact issue with this perk tho, and exactly why it was nerfed.

  • @avilmask said:

    No one mentions that jumping off now gonna be silent and you actually can stealthily get away with it?

    My thought exactly. Balanced landing might actually become part of some people's stealth builds now.

  • I think a better idea would be to simply reworking Haddonfield and all the bullshit setups in the game, but I think at this point trying to 'fix' the game via perks is a staple.

  • @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/849053#Comment_849053

    >The only reason it was good is because it opened up potential loops

    That was exact issue with this perk tho, and exactly why it was nerfed.

    My point is they took a good perk and made it nearly useless. If they tweaked the numbers while exhausted that would have been a fair change. Eliminating most of a perks use is just bad.

  • @S_Panda said:

    Since survivors have perks that give them speed boosts on certain conditions, I think killers should get 150% speed boosts for 3 seconds too.

    It's called blood lust and is used by all baby killers

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848845#Comment_848845

    If we want to bring realism into this, it's not very realistic to step in a bear trap, free yourself, then proceed to jump out of a second story window multiple times without even being phased by the fall. Gameplay comes before realism.

    Well...to be honest people do weird things when adrenaline kicks in :)

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    Exactly this.

    If you have balanced landing on haddonfield and go to a house; you are untouchable except to a few certain killers.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    Then why did you guys buff this perk in the 2.0.0 patch if the reduced stagger was meant to be used once per chase? It wasn't a popular perk before the buff and it's going to be seldom used once again. Seperate cooldown for the passive effect (like 30 seconds) would fix the issues without making the perk a lot worse than before.

    The only problematic thing was haddonfield and it seems like you decided to nerf BL instead of actually fixing the map.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    Was harvester loop to strong aswell? Did I abused it by vaulting over it 3 times just because I had balanced?

  • @Peanits said:

    It's the exact same as it was before, only you can't use the stagger reduction multiple times in a chase. If you were using it multiple times in a chase, I'm willing to bet you were taking advantage of setups that were way too strong (e.g. Haddonfield).

    In any case, the killer is meant to be stronger than one survivor in a chase, so they won't be getting a stagger.

    I think you guys are going about nerfing BL the wrong way. The stagger reduction is the only reason to use BL over any other exhaustion perk. BL has the hardest activation condition out of all the other perks. The haddonfield house is really the only place where BL is insane and is manageable in other places except maybe certain RNG spawns of the father campbells.

  • killer mains always whining nerf this nerf that my killer sucks now whatever will i do.....heres a answer stfu get good and stop bandwagon jumping 1 killer.... u make us actual good players that play both survivor/killers look bad

  • I am okay with this change if only because i know it's all we are going to get. In an ideal world however, I would say just fix the maps like Haddonfield that are so unbalanced it's borderline unplayable for some killers.

    Thing is that is a LOT more work so.....here we are with a perk change.

  • I think you missed part which said asymmetrical game. Survivors are not supposed to be equal in chase

  • @nononono said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/848857#Comment_848857

    Except it’s not just realism, it is gameplay. Sometimes you’re doing a gen on a second story floor and have no choice but to jump out of a window and fall down or run off an edge and fall down just to give a free hit to the killer because they get 0 stagger.

    There is a perk to fix that issue.

‹ 1 2