Second Cut!?!? (TEASER MEANING)

7DAB3D79-59CA-4E70-A7CA-2A4AB00DE09E.jpeg

So when I first saw this I thought to myself, “what in the actual #########”. Than I thought more reasonably. This tease could mean 3 things.


1) it’s a teaser for sprit changes. You could or call it second cut because they’ll probably gut the spirit with her upcoming changes. The first cut was when they killed nurse, but that’s up for another conversation.


2) it could be a chapter tease and we might actually have new chapter that ties itself with shattered bloodline. It would make sense to receive the spirits father as he is in the lore. This possible upcoming chapter would also better help the devs and their creative team show off their writing skills with the dlc linking to its predecessor. In the lore of the spirit it explains how her father caused her to be in the state she is in. Perhaps, the entity took the spirts father as well.


3) it may also mean that she is getting her own chase music. Which is less exciting, but I guess it would be cool to see. I personally find that her own chase music may hurt survivors, but I rather not try to explain my reasoning for that as I can’t begin to explain in words as of the moment.


NOTE: if the spirit is changed this upcoming patch than we may not see the doctor changes until the following patch.


what do you think?


EDIT: you guys are a bunch of lame heathens. Instead of being excited for something like a potential dlc, all you do is fight over is spirit nerfs. I asked you what you thought about the teaser not how you felt about spirit. Yes, we can agree she needs changes, but we all also agree she doesn’t need to be ruined either. Just be happy something is happening and call it a day. Otherwise, get out of this discussion and go complain in the many discussions that are typically titled as so “DONT NERF SPIRIT” (REAL TALK), “SpiRiT Is FiNe”.


bye

Comments

  • You see the writing on the wall? It says "Nerf Spirit"

  • I see it is more of an omen of the coming Spirit gutting....oh sorry I meant "tweak" for more "fun" game play.

  • Lets's hope it's not her nerf. If it is, I wonder how many babies cried to receive a nerf so early

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Lets's hope it's not her nerf. If it is, I wonder how many babies cried to receive a nerf so early

    My estimate between IG, Reddit, The forums, Twitter, and even discord... probably about 200,000 post about it, either opposing or defending her. Between the 200,000 post I would guess that most of the people who want her change/tweak/nerf are survivor Mains that don’t often play killer without the exception of doing tomb challenges.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    but for real maybe we are getting rin's father as a killer but the devs say when the entity leave the person mind they start to wake up so maybe rin's father would be a survivor? if he is coming to the game I wish he would be a killer samurai killer would be cool ?

    I’ll 2nd that.

  • This is definitely Spirit reworks and not a new killer.

  • @LordGlint said:

    This is definitely Spirit reworks and not a new killer.

    Go figure. However, you cannot go into this without a tinfoil hat for fun ;)

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826876#Comment_826876

    My estimate between IG, Reddit, The forums, Twitter, and even discord... probably about 200,000 post about it, either opposing or defending her. Between the 200,000 post I would guess that most of the people who want her change/tweak/nerf are survivor Mains that don’t often play killer without the exception of doing tomb challenges.

    Spirit has zero counterplay. Killer mains love her because of this which is why they don’t want her nerfed. Plain and simple

  • They have said that they were going to look into spirit, as she’s “over performing.” BHVR is also having a couple of fog whisperers fly out to Canada, possibly to test a rework.

    I think that if this is Rin’s father coming into the game, they’d have something more than a GIF of the spirit reveal.

  • @rayoxium said:

    They have said that they were going to look into spirit, as she’s “over performing.” BHVR is also having a couple of fog whisperers fly out to Canada, possibly to test a rework.

    I think that if this is Rin’s father coming into the game, they’d have something more than a GIF of the spirit reveal.

    it's the rework, speculation is fun but realistically it 's just one thing and one thing only.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826886#Comment_826886

    Spirit has zero counterplay. Killer mains love her because of this which is why they don’t want her nerfed. Plain and simple

    Yep! you’re totally right! Anyone who plays killer, even if they don’t play spirit or even if they play both sides of the game than they feel exactly the way as you described! Yep! That’s exactly what us killer players feel. If they nerf our precious spirit than survivors can counter us and that’s bad. Yep. That’s why everyone is upset. We don’t want to be counter. Not all.


    let me tell you the truth man. It’s not about being countered. It’s about killing what makes her fun to play as. It’s about making her lack the unique style she has. It’s about killing her intended purpose (mindgaming/scares). It’s about ruining what makes the killer fun as killer as they’ve done with legion, pig, and nurse. You can even use freddy as an example, better as the first example. Those killers are on the record for being changed and people not approving, because the wrong changes were made. People want fun, people want balance, but most importantly people want to still play the same killer they bought. They don’t want to play a changed variant of that killer that is much weaker and lacks the ability to due as intended. Changes are needed, I’ll agree.

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826914#Comment_826914

    it's the rework, speculation is fun but realistically it 's just one thing and one thing only.

    Is that an inglorious bastards reference?

  • This content has been removed.
  • Could be Yamaoka Estate map rework

  • It could also mean that Yamaoka Estate is going to be reworked.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826886#Comment_826886

    Spirit has zero counterplay. Killer mains love her because of this which is why they don’t want her nerfed. Plain and simple

    Spirit has counterplay you are just bad as survivor, deal with it.

    Btw leave that crap out of this thread there are enough for it. Thx bye.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    It could also mean that Yamaoka Estate is going to be reworked.

    I doubt it, that map isnt really unfun to play against, if any map should get a rework its definetely Haddonfield

  • They don't normally do a teaser gif for killer nerfs do they?

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    They don't normally do a teaser gif for killer nerfs do they?

    no

  • since it's so highly anticipated i think it is warranted that they do it now with a short teaser.

  • after all, the spirit is one of their best created killers let's be honest here

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    after all, the spirit is one of their best created killers let's be honest here

    I tend to agree with that actually

  • Is the teaser really called Second Cut? One of the teasers for Shattered Bloodlines was called First Cut. https://youtu.be/lv35nylikfU

  • @8obot1c said:

    You see the writing on the wall? It says "Nerf Spirit"

    lol 10/10 comment.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Lets's hope it's not her nerf. If it is, I wonder how many babies cried to receive a nerf so early

    Yes pls nerf, make her power like legion so she can be FUN like legion stab,stab,stab!

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    Spirit has counterplay you are just bad as survivor, deal with it.

    Btw leave that crap out of this thread there are enough for it. Thx bye.

    If bhvr gives us vanilla Legion back then they can nerf spirit, honestly enjoyed playing old legion a lot more than current spirit. :)

  • @ACEvHEARTS said:

    Is the teaser really called Second Cut? One of the teasers for Shattered Bloodlines was called First Cut. https://youtu.be/lv35nylikfU

    Second cut is just a joke name

  • @8obot1c said:

    You see the writing on the wall? It says "Nerf Spirit"

    You guys are now joking? Because I can't get the sarcasm tone anymore now XD

  • Instead of calling it Second cut it should have been called Second Gut :3

  • @rayoxium said:

    They have said that they were going to look into spirit, as she’s “over performing.” BHVR is also having a couple of fog whisperers fly out to Canada, possibly to test a rework.

    I think that if this is Rin’s father coming into the game, they’d have something more than a GIF of the spirit reveal.

    Start teasing with a gif would be a nice nod to the way they handled Spirit, who got first teased on instagram with a short tease, before we got the First Cut trailer.

    I'm quite honest. I was in the camp Alchemist before. But wouldn't mind to see Rin's father or somebody else related to the Yamaoka Estate.

  • Oh well I feel silly. I’ll see myself out.

  • Lol no no? you’re fine. I see the confusion

  • @Luke_Atmey said:

    起死回生 ... This means that once dead, it will come back again. Yes, the spirit will die and the survivor will be revived.

    The spirit is nerfed and dies.

    See? I told everyone it said nerf spirit

  • Leave it to the killer/survivor main partisans to ruin an obvious chapter teaser with their nerf-victim noises.


    This is OBVIOUSLY a new chapter teaser. The next content is a new chapter, not a midpatch update.


  • @ACEvHEARTS said:

    Is the teaser really called Second Cut? One of the teasers for Shattered Bloodlines was called First Cut. https://youtu.be/lv35nylikfU

    That gif is literally cut from that video. Frame for frame from the 10 second mark to the 14 second mark.

    If I had to guess, this links to a new map to flush out the estate theme. Like how Clown added a new asylum and Plague added another red forest. The next chapter will likely have an estate themed map.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826886#Comment_826886

    Spirit has zero counterplay. Killer mains love her because of this which is why they don’t want her nerfed. Plain and simple

    Funny..I seem to be quite the anomaly..i survived and even won chase vs the uncoumterable 0.0 where's my medal?

  • What does this particular moment in the short film depict? maybe looking in to that may give some insight

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    What does this particular moment in the short film depict? maybe looking in to that may give some insight

    Good question. Not sure how to answer

  • @8obot1c said:

    You see the writing on the wall? It says "Nerf Spirit"

    That sign can't stop me because I can't read

  • Given the writing on the wall about “resurrection”, if this is a character connected to the Shattered Bloodline, it would probably be the mother. The father would be kind of weird as he is the subject of revenge of Rin and it would not be in the interests of the Entity to have him on the realm, because if he meets his daughter (which can happen, as killer have meet each other like Nurse and Wraith), the source of her anger may be lost.

    Besides, according to the lore, the father was corrupted by the Entity and when it took Rin, he regained his senses, so he wouldn’t have much of a motivation to be a Killer.

    Although I would prefer to be something unrelated. If we are going to have an original Killer, I would prefer a more unique and different lore than an expansion to an already existent Killer that could be done with the Archives. Perhaps is a killer with a similar undead theme to the Spirit, which I would also like, more of a Ring type powers, perhaps…

    Reworking of the maps and the Spirit...I don’t think so, as mentioned, they have never done this type of stuff in the past, and why they would try to hype the reworking of an already polemic character?

  • They haven't released any "linked" killers at all have they yet so It might be cool to link it together, but then the teasers are never what they seem...I'm sure when they teased the Plague ppl were googling like African voodoo

  • Releasing a bad killer now would sour the killer comunity's mood. Unexpectedly releasing a strong killer dlc right after gutting the top 2 killers would be even worse.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    Releasing a bad killer now would sour the killer comunity's mood. Unexpectedly releasing a strong killer dlc right after gutting the top 2 killers would be even worse.

    Imagine if they released a perfectly balanced killer that people didn't complain about?


    NEver gonna happen

  • @Khorzad said:

    Given the writing on the wall about “resurrection”, if this is a character connected to the Shattered Bloodline, it would probably be the mother. The father would be kind of weird as he is the subject of revenge of Rin and it would not be in the interests of the Entity to have him on the realm, because if he meets his daughter (which can happen, as killer have meet each other like Nurse and Wraith), the source of her anger may be lost.

    Besides, according to the lore, the father was corrupted by the Entity and when it took Rin, he regained his senses, so he wouldn’t have much of a motivation to be a Killer.

    Although I would prefer to be something unrelated. If we are going to have an original Killer, I would prefer a more unique and different lore than an expansion to an already existent Killer that could be done with the Archives. Perhaps is a killer with a similar undead theme to the Spirit, which I would also like, more of a Ring type powers, perhaps…

    Reworking of the maps and the Spirit...I don’t think so, as mentioned, they have never done this type of stuff in the past, and why they would try to hype the reworking of an already polemic character?

    This is what I'd like... maybe the mother had a similar rage to Rin while being terminally ill and unable to protect herself... so the Entity took her too..

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827280#Comment_827280

    Imagine if they released a perfectly balanced killer that people didn't complain about?

    NEver gonna happen

    Thats why i am stocking up on fries, there will e salt incoming anyways ?

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    What does this particular moment in the short film depict? maybe looking in to that may give some insight

    Bhvr posted a reply to the Tweet saying that something is missing in the gif. It looks like a sword is missing maybe? Somebody on Reddit said that they recently noticed that in the map in game a sword is missing from this sword rack now.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    Spirit has counterplay you are just bad as survivor, deal with it.

    Btw leave that crap out of this thread there are enough for it. Thx bye.

    ahahahhahahahaha your delusion sent my sides to sea. youre just a silly killer main who wants characters with no counterplay potential and wants chases to end in 15 seconds or less. G E T G U D. also tell us stories about how much noed’s carried u. id love to not care =)

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    Yep! you’re totally right! Anyone who plays killer, even if they don’t play spirit or even if they play both sides of the game than they feel exactly the way as you described! Yep! That’s exactly what us killer players feel. If they nerf our precious spirit than survivors can counter us and that’s bad. Yep. That’s why everyone is upset. We don’t want to be counter. Not all.

    let me tell you the truth man. It’s not about being countered. It’s about killing what makes her fun to play as. It’s about making her lack the unique style she has. It’s about killing her intended purpose (mindgaming/scares). It’s about ruining what makes the killer fun as killer as they’ve done with legion, pig, and nurse. You can even use freddy as an example, better as the first example. Those killers are on the record for being changed and people not approving, because the wrong changes were made. People want fun, people want balance, but most importantly people want to still play the same killer they bought. They don’t want to play a changed variant of that killer that is much weaker and lacks the ability to due as intended. Changes are needed, I’ll agree.

    Standing still is not a “mind game”, it’s a guessing game. You can’t counter that. All survivors are asking is that they give some sort of signal that she’s phasing. Her being able to just stand there and wait for a survivor to react is not a mind game

‹ 1 2