Second Cut!?!? (TEASER MEANING)

7DAB3D79-59CA-4E70-A7CA-2A4AB00DE09E.jpeg

So when I first saw this I thought to myself, “what in the actual #########”. Than I thought more reasonably. This tease could mean 3 things.


1) it’s a teaser for sprit changes. You could or call it second cut because they’ll probably gut the spirit with her upcoming changes. The first cut was when they killed nurse, but that’s up for another conversation.


2) it could be a chapter tease and we might actually have new chapter that ties itself with shattered bloodline. It would make sense to receive the spirits father as he is in the lore. This possible upcoming chapter would also better help the devs and their creative team show off their writing skills with the dlc linking to its predecessor. In the lore of the spirit it explains how her father caused her to be in the state she is in. Perhaps, the entity took the spirts father as well.


3) it may also mean that she is getting her own chase music. Which is less exciting, but I guess it would be cool to see. I personally find that her own chase music may hurt survivors, but I rather not try to explain my reasoning for that as I can’t begin to explain in words as of the moment.


NOTE: if the spirit is changed this upcoming patch than we may not see the doctor changes until the following patch.


what do you think?


EDIT: you guys are a bunch of lame heathens. Instead of being excited for something like a potential dlc, all you do is fight over is spirit nerfs. I asked you what you thought about the teaser not how you felt about spirit. Yes, we can agree she needs changes, but we all also agree she doesn’t need to be ruined either. Just be happy something is happening and call it a day. Otherwise, get out of this discussion and go complain in the many discussions that are typically titled as so “DONT NERF SPIRIT” (REAL TALK), “SpiRiT Is FiNe”.


bye

Comments

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    Spirit has counterplay you are just bad as survivor, deal with it.

    Btw leave that crap out of this thread there are enough for it. Thx bye.

    Nope, no counterplay. Ask any killer main on yt. Standing still is not a counter

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    Funny..I seem to be quite the anomaly..i survived and even won chase vs the uncoumterable 0.0 where's my medal?

    I’ve won too, but that doesn’t mean she can be countered. Standing still is not a counter

  • Obviously Rin's father is gonna be a new Killer: The Salaryman with abilities that deal with mundane work activities. STAPLE STAPLE

  • @HamdaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826941#Comment_826941

    ahahahhahahahaha your delusion sent my sides to sea. youre just a silly killer main who wants characters with no counterplay potential and wants chases to end in 15 seconds or less. G E T G U D. also tell us stories about how much noed’s carried u. id love to not care =)

    Instead of laughing and throwing tantrums like a kid, you should invest some time to research on how to play against spirit, fyi i present to you dbd latest tournaments hosted by marth, lots of spirit games with no 4ks iirc. You should check it out and git gud. I am just annoyed by the amount of baddies that demand nerfs cause they are bad at the game.

    @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826941#Comment_826941

    Nope, no counterplay. Ask any killer main on yt. Standing still is not a counter

    Even @arslaN who disagrees with me on this, says he dominated many spirits in 4man swf. I wonder why? No counterplay would mean there is nothing survivors can do so every spirit game should result in a 4k. Yet it does not, seems to me you are wrong and those yt killer mains.

    No wonder there is no counterplay for you when the only thing you can come up with is "standing still". You must be quite the experienced survivor in order to say something like this. ?

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827482#Comment_827482

    Instead of laughing and throwing tantrums like a kid, you should invest some time to research on how to play against spirit, fyi i present to you dbd latest tournaments hosted by marth, lots of spirit games with no 4ks iirc. You should check it out and git gud. I am just annoyed by the amount of baddies that demand nerfs cause they are bad at the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827702#Comment_827702

    Even @arslaN who disagrees with me on this, says he dominated many spirits in 4man swf. I wonder why? No counterplay would mean there is nothing survivors can do so every spirit game should result in a 4k. Yet it does not, seems to me you are wrong and those yt killer mains.

    No wonder there is no counterplay for you when the only thing you can come up with is "standing still". You must be quite the experienced survivor in order to say something like this. ?

    You think escaping means that she’s uncounterable? ????????????????????? she has no counterplay because if you drop a pallet, there’s no telling when she’s phasing around it if she’s standing still. That’s what needs to be nerfed. No one knows when she’s phasing or when she’s just standing there. You must only play killer though ????

  • I mean, there's a fourth possibility, that this is a teaser for the next Archives, though I guess it would be a little too early to tease that sort of thing.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827482#Comment_827482

    Instead of laughing and throwing tantrums like a kid, you should invest some time to research on how to play against spirit, fyi i present to you dbd latest tournaments hosted by marth, lots of spirit games with no 4ks iirc. You should check it out and git gud. I am just annoyed by the amount of baddies that demand nerfs cause they are bad at the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827702#Comment_827702

    Even @arslaN who disagrees with me on this, says he dominated many spirits in 4man swf. I wonder why? No counterplay would mean there is nothing survivors can do so every spirit game should result in a 4k. Yet it does not, seems to me you are wrong and those yt killer mains.

    No wonder there is no counterplay for you when the only thing you can come up with is "standing still". You must be quite the experienced survivor in order to say something like this. ?

    Yeah, we dominated many spirits in a 4 man swf with the power of genrushing. I mean, they still ended chases pretty quickly but they just can't keep up with the insane gen speeds. That's a problem of swf though and if we balance killers towards that then solos will be screwed badly.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827766#Comment_827766

    You think escaping means that she’s uncounterable? ????????????????????? she has no counterplay because if you drop a pallet, there’s no telling when she’s phasing around it if she’s standing still. That’s what needs to be nerfed. No one knows when she’s phasing or when she’s just standing there. You must only play killer though ????

    Yes escaping means she is uncounterable. Literally #########. You do you.

    Can't equip SC, too difficult, gonna cry on forum instead.

  • Nerf this Killer now (Teaser) The trailer was too much of "Overperforming" I will continue to cry until nerfs happen.

    "Survivors preparing nerf drafts" Tittle - Unfun/Uncounterable

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827773#Comment_827773

    Yes escaping means she is uncounterable. Literally #########. You do you.

    Can't equip SC, too difficult, gonna cry on forum instead.

    Self care is literally the most useless survivor perk. ######### are you talking about?

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827138#Comment_827138

    I’ve won too, but that doesn’t mean she can be countered. Standing still is not a counter

    Lol if she doesnt get you every time theres a counter..that's about as first grade as it gets my friend

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827707#Comment_827707

    Lol if she doesnt get you every time theres a counter..that's about as first grade as it gets my friend

    That’s not how it works..............but ok

  • By definition no counter means you cant beat it..so by textbook definition..that's exactly how it works

  • Hoping for a spirit change !

  • my theory: the spirit aka Rin stole the long sword to have her ready for her big upcoming change: a bigger lunge

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    my theory: the spirit aka Rin stole the long sword to have her ready for her big upcoming change: a bigger lunge

    If only, right? (Yeah, no, I hate Spirit)

    Why would the Devs drop two teaser in one day about the Spirit rework when it hasn't even been announced yet.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/827805#Comment_827805

    Self care is literally the most useless survivor perk. ######### are you talking about?

    SC Spine Chill

  • K. Completely does what you asked for, now worse than self care. Honestly this is the problem with this community, people claim garbage, have a solution right there and refuse to use it cause reasons.

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    Yep! you’re totally right! Anyone who plays killer, even if they don’t play spirit or even if they play both sides of the game than they feel exactly the way as you described! Yep! That’s exactly what us killer players feel. If they nerf our precious spirit than survivors can counter us and that’s bad. Yep. That’s why everyone is upset. We don’t want to be counter. Not all.

    let me tell you the truth man. It’s not about being countered. It’s about killing what makes her fun to play as. It’s about making her lack the unique style she has. It’s about killing her intended purpose (mindgaming/scares). It’s about ruining what makes the killer fun as killer as they’ve done with legion, pig, and nurse. You can even use freddy as an example, better as the first example. Those killers are on the record for being changed and people not approving, because the wrong changes were made. People want fun, people want balance, but most importantly people want to still play the same killer they bought. They don’t want to play a changed variant of that killer that is much weaker and lacks the ability to due as intended. Changes are needed, I’ll agree.

    You seem to generalise a bit. Everything you say would be valid under the caveat - that it's just your opinion. For contrast, my opinion regarding spirit specifically is - what you call mindgame is just an arbitrary feeling that you've done something (mindgame), when in reality you've just reacted to visual and sound cues that the other side left for you without having any feedback from you.

    Also, in my opinion the spirit gameplay loop consists of one person thinking how great they are at mindgaming and four other people being bored out of their mind thinking please get me out of this as soon as possible, so I can move on to the next game

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    What does this particular moment in the short film depict? maybe looking in to that may give some insight

    It cuts immediately from that to a shot of Rin's dad holding the katana and about to attack her, so I assume it's suggesting that he took one of the katanas that was hanging on the wall to attack her with. And that's what's "missing".

    What that could mean in terms of the teaser, though, is less obvious. The katana Rin was killed with is missing. So what? I always assumed that the katana she was killed with is the same one she wields ingame, so I'm not sure what relevance it would have to upcoming content.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828084#Comment_828084

    K. Completely does what you asked for, now worse than self care. Honestly this is the problem with this community, people claim garbage, have a solution right there and refuse to use it cause reasons.

    So bringing a perk is a solution? Every survivor has to waste a perk slot for a 1/17 chance to get a Spirit? Got you. Perfect solution. You’re so right

  • If the wall says something about "coming back to life" or something along those lines it could be referring to the Alchemist coming back from the void into the trials

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828092#Comment_828092

    So bringing a perk is a solution? Every survivor has to waste a perk slot for a 1/17 chance to get a Spirit? Got you. Perfect solution. You’re so right

    1/17? ? Yes at rank 15. At rank 1 it is something like 1/3. Also the perk doesn't only work against spirit but all killers. You wanted an indicator to know whether or not spirit is using phase, sc will provide you with that and make the game much easier in several places. When it is fine for killers to take a perk to counter gen speeds etc it is fine for survivors to pick a perk for a killer they are having trouble with.

  • Its probably a tease for the next chapter, a samurai maybe?

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828350#Comment_828350

    1/17? ? Yes at rank 15. At rank 1 it is something like 1/3. Also the perk doesn't only work against spirit but all killers. You wanted an indicator to know whether or not spirit is using phase, sc will provide you with that and make the game much easier in several places. When it is fine for killers to take a perk to counter gen speeds etc it is fine for survivors to pick a perk for a killer they are having trouble with.

    Definitely not the case at rank 1. I’ve seen more Legions at rank 1 than I’ve seen Spirit. Spine Chill also no longer works against Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, or Demogorgon (out if portal), so it definitely doesn’t work on every killer. On top of that, survivors cannot see who the killer is in the lobby, so they cannot adjust like killers can. If a killer sees survivors all have toolboxes, they bring Franklin’s. They see they all have medkits, they play Legion. So idk what you’re talking about

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828725#Comment_828725

    Definitely not the case at rank 1. I’ve seen more Legions at rank 1 than I’ve seen Spirit. Spine Chill also no longer works against Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, or Demogorgon (out if portal), so it definitely doesn’t work on every killer. On top of that, survivors cannot see who the killer is in the lobby, so they cannot adjust like killers can. If a killer sees survivors all have toolboxes, they bring Franklin’s. They see they all have medkits, they play Legion. So idk what you’re talking about

    Not jumping into you twos pointless argument but spine chill does work vs all stealth killer or anyone who is using that new status effect. That’s why teir 1 Michael is weaker now, as he can be countered with Spine Chill

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828725#Comment_828725

    Definitely not the case at rank 1. I’ve seen more Legions at rank 1 than I’ve seen Spirit. Spine Chill also no longer works against Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, or Demogorgon (out if portal), so it definitely doesn’t work on every killer. On top of that, survivors cannot see who the killer is in the lobby, so they cannot adjust like killers can. If a killer sees survivors all have toolboxes, they bring Franklin’s. They see they all have medkits, they play Legion. So idk what you’re talking about

    Your seriously misinformed about SC and stealth killers but I actually wish you were right. The undetectable status only works with aura-reading perks not SC. And it is one of the best Survivor perks but, seriously, please keep telling everybody it's not. The last thing I want is more survivors using it against me when I play Ghostface & Myers.

  • @rayoxium said:

    They have said that they were going to look into spirit, as she’s “over performing.” BHVR is also having a couple of fog whisperers fly out to Canada, possibly to test a rework.

    I think that if this is Rin’s father coming into the game, they’d have something more than a GIF of the spirit reveal.

    Unless the changes are legit changes needed (I.E Phase Collision and Prayer Beads) and this is just amusing them as they hint at the next Chapter. Gives them time to let the fog whispers actually imput valid claims on killer reworks.

    Not like Phase Collision was ever needed it just helps bad Spirits do well.

  • Could also be previewing that Spirit will be coming next as the focused killer in the next Archives. I'd like to think they'd get the base characters' lore out there first, but who knows?

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/828725#Comment_828725

    Definitely not the case at rank 1. I’ve seen more Legions at rank 1 than I’ve seen Spirit. Spine Chill also no longer works against Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, or Demogorgon (out if portal), so it definitely doesn’t work on every killer. On top of that, survivors cannot see who the killer is in the lobby, so they cannot adjust like killers can. If a killer sees survivors all have toolboxes, they bring Franklin’s. They see they all have medkits, they play Legion. So idk what you’re talking about

    You crack me up, pls pick legion literally the most horrible killer there is. Idk ask the legion mains in this forum if they have a nice time in red ranks, i rarely see them, they are like pre-rework freddy mains but from what I've read they suffer and that is what i see everytime a legion plays against me and mates.

    Franklins? Ok. I will let you in on a not so big secret, prepare to be mindblown. A survivor that is in chase can not use his item anyway, franklins only helps vs instaheals. The other survivors, since you probably know a killer can not be at multiple locations at once are free to use their items. A killer using franklin's is a wasted slot.

    I think the other people explained you enough about spine chill, good day sir, maybe you git gud at some point.

  • @Viracocha72 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829469#Comment_829469

    Your seriously misinformed about SC and stealth killers but I actually wish you were right. The undetectable status only works with aura-reading perks not SC. And it is one of the best Survivor perks but, seriously, please keep telling everybody it's not. The last thing I want is more survivors using it against me when I play Ghostface & Myers.

    Spine Chill is no longer meta. Whoever runs it against you is not a very smart survivor

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829469#Comment_829469

    Not jumping into you twos pointless argument but spine chill does work vs all stealth killer or anyone who is using that new status effect. That’s why teir 1 Michael is weaker now, as he can be countered with Spine Chill

    That is false

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829469#Comment_829469

    You crack me up, pls pick legion literally the most horrible killer there is. Idk ask the legion mains in this forum if they have a nice time in red ranks, i rarely see them, they are like pre-rework freddy mains but from what I've read they suffer and that is what i see everytime a legion plays against me and mates.

    Franklins? Ok. I will let you in on a not so big secret, prepare to be mindblown. A survivor that is in chase can not use his item anyway, franklins only helps vs instaheals. The other survivors, since you probably know a killer can not be at multiple locations at once are free to use their items. A killer using franklin's is a wasted slot.

    I think the other people explained you enough about spine chill, good day sir, maybe you git gud at some point.

    I see you play survivor once a week, so talking to you is pointless.

  • Did they recently change it on PC? Because on Console spine chill most certainly does detect all stealth killers. Undetectable only affects aura-reading perks.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/829658#Comment_829658

    I see you play survivor once a week, so talking to you is pointless.

    Says the person that is wrong on SC and myers. Undetectable prevents aura reading, sc is not aura reading. That was introduced to prevent OoO from removing all possibilities for certain killers. Maybe read upon it before you talk about wrong etc?

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/403/0CVFME1ALGES.jpeg

    So when I first saw this I thought to myself, “what in the actual #########”. Than I thought more reasonably. This tease could mean 3 things.

    1) it’s a teaser for sprit changes. You could or call it second cut because they’ll probably gut the spirit with her upcoming changes. The first cut was when they killed nurse, but that’s up for another conversation.

    2) it could be a chapter tease and we might actually have new chapter that ties itself with shattered bloodline. It would make sense to receive the spirits father as he is in the lore. This possible upcoming chapter would also better help the devs and their creative team show off their writing skills with the dlc linking to its predecessor. In the lore of the spirit it explains how her father caused her to be in the state she is in. Perhaps, the entity took the spirts father as well.

    3) it may also mean that she is getting her own chase music. Which is less exciting, but I guess it would be cool to see. I personally find that her own chase music may hurt survivors, but I rather not try to explain my reasoning for that as I can’t begin to explain in words as of the moment.

    NOTE: if the spirit is changed this upcoming patch than we may not see the doctor changes until the following patch.

    what do you think?

    EDIT: you guys are a bunch of lame heathens. Instead of being excited for something like a potential dlc, all you do is fight over is spirit nerfs. I asked you what you thought about the teaser not how you felt about spirit. Yes, we can agree she needs changes, but we all also agree she doesn’t need to be ruined either. Just be happy something is happening and call it a day. Otherwise, get out of this discussion and go complain in the many discussions that are typically titled as so “DONT NERF SPIRIT” (REAL TALK), “SpiRiT Is FiNe”.

    bye

    Maybe it means the next rift will focus on the Spirit's lore.

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/403/0CVFME1ALGES.jpeg

    So when I first saw this I thought to myself, “what in the actual #########”. Than I thought more reasonably. This tease could mean 3 things.

    1) it’s a teaser for sprit changes. You could or call it second cut because they’ll probably gut the spirit with her upcoming changes. The first cut was when they killed nurse, but that’s up for another conversation.

    2) it could be a chapter tease and we might actually have new chapter that ties itself with shattered bloodline. It would make sense to receive the spirits father as he is in the lore. This possible upcoming chapter would also better help the devs and their creative team show off their writing skills with the dlc linking to its predecessor. In the lore of the spirit it explains how her father caused her to be in the state she is in. Perhaps, the entity took the spirts father as well.

    3) it may also mean that she is getting her own chase music. Which is less exciting, but I guess it would be cool to see. I personally find that her own chase music may hurt survivors, but I rather not try to explain my reasoning for that as I can’t begin to explain in words as of the moment.

    NOTE: if the spirit is changed this upcoming patch than we may not see the doctor changes until the following patch.

    what do you think?

    EDIT: you guys are a bunch of lame heathens. Instead of being excited for something like a potential dlc, all you do is fight over is spirit nerfs. I asked you what you thought about the teaser not how you felt about spirit. Yes, we can agree she needs changes, but we all also agree she doesn’t need to be ruined either. Just be happy something is happening and call it a day. Otherwise, get out of this discussion and go complain in the many discussions that are typically titled as so “DONT NERF SPIRIT” (REAL TALK), “SpiRiT Is FiNe”.

    bye

    It could also be a new original killer who happens to share the same realm as the Spirit much like Nurse and Clown sharing Crotus Prenn Asylum or Huntress and Plague sharing the Red Forest.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103222/second-cut-teaser-meaning

    Maybe it means the next rift will focus on the Spirit's lore.

    NO IT WONT


    jesus people

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826886#Comment_826886

    Spirit has zero counterplay. Killer mains love her because of this which is why they don’t want her nerfed. Plain and simple

    This is so fun. All of this is apparently definite and 100% true , not just a bunch of crying for the sake of "having your fun", disregarding the killer AND survivors' idea of fun and balance.

  • Why do you say that? I'm talking about the next rift pass, not tome 2. They are clearly going to use the rift passes to give more backstory on the characters. She will get highlighted at some point. It could be sooner than later.

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/826909#Comment_826909

    This is so fun. All of this is apparently definite and 100% true , not just a bunch of crying for the sake of "having your fun", disregarding the killer AND survivors' idea of fun and balance.

    This is ten billion percent true. You can’t counter a killer who just stands there and think they’re phasing

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830285#Comment_830285

    Why do you say that? I'm talking about the next rift pass, not tome 2. They are clearly going to use the rift passes to give more backstory on the characters. She will get highlighted at some point. It could be sooner than later.

    They will not do a teaser for the next mid season patch when they haven't even teased the next main chapter...why tease something 4 months away when you have content coming in 5 weeks or so?

  • @TeambossFloze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/830296#Comment_830296

    They will not do a teaser for the next mid season patch when they haven't even teased the next main chapter...why tease something 4 months away when you have content coming in 5 weeks or so?

    Good point.

1 2 ›