So now Freddy = DC?

So for the last several days almost every time I play Freddy I have had survivors DC either as soon as they see who the killer is or immediately after being downed the first time. Is this seriously how the survivor community reacts to a killer being reworked? Oh this killer is more powerful now so I'm not even going to attempt to put up a fight.

I follow the "survivor rules" and don't tunnel or camp to give people a chance. Freddy is so much fun to play not to mention one of my favorite horror icons. Now it's such a gamble if I'll even get to play a decent match with him. I hope the devs are paying attention to this stuff.

Comments

  • @Zoldyar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/102229/so-now-freddy-dc

    It not as if Freddy is op, but he is boring to play against. Freddy can literally do what every killer does to the point where you asked, what is the point playing?

    He has map pressure by being able to teleport to gens.

    He has snare portals (whatever they are called) to stop pretty much all loops or fast vault (If you are a smart killer).

    He also has dream pallet which becomes very strong during late game where most pallets are gone and you can used that to trick suriviors (granted the killer can't dream snares with this add on).

    He can turn invisible at a certain distance.

    He can slow down gen speed when in just dream world and can use ruin with other perks to slow the game down. So you can understand how boring it is being on a gen doing one thing for over 100 seconds. Granted this is also with an add on.

    When a surivior is in his dream world. The dream portal would usually spawn very far away which makes it a long journey. It's even better when you leave the dream world just for the Freddy to wake you up again instantly. While in the dream world a lot of perks such as borrowed time becomes useless.

    His lunge attack can be quite ridiculous because it seems he isn't hitting you from a long distance.

    Obviously they are more things I can cover but I'm obviously listed the obvious ones without going into most depth on how annoying each one is. A killer that can pretty much do what almost every killer can do, is pretty boring. It isn't as if he needs a nerf but limit the number of powers he has in return of buffing other powers that haven't been removed.

    Would you rather him be another Low Tier killer?

    Plus it makes sense he could do most of those things. The Dream World is his world. Manipulating the things around him is his thing. Having the ability to go from gen to gen sounds like something he could actually do.

    Can we stop calling killers "boring"? Because I'm bored having to face Exhaustion perks.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818018#Comment_818018

    Correct. This is why they can and are filtered out, as mentioned earlier.

    "Overall, the matches with disconnects tend to look very similar to matches without (on average)."

    im not buying this line.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817968#Comment_817968

    That's not it at all. If it was, we wouldn't be doing exactly that (timeout when disconnecting). That's something we're already working on, and we're currently testing the new disconnection detection behind the scenes right now.

    Cool stuff hopefully the timer is reasonable (annoying enough to dim rage quitters but not to long to punish normal players to long when something happens like network crash, dbd crash, hostage situation forcing to dc or other bugs).

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817798#Comment_817798

    Honestly, I disliking facing both these Killers (I loathe the Wraith with an explainable and confusing amount of ire) and wouldn't mind them being nerfed. But that is just me being selfish and know Wraith is actually fine.

    Freddy on PS4 feels like ACTUAL bs half the time though.

    Wraith is weak. He needs buffs lol

  • @Rinthespooki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818021#Comment_818021

    "Overall, the matches with disconnects tend to look very similar to matches without (on average)."

    im not buying this line.

    well, think about it: Spirit has a 100% win rate, how would it change if you add DCs in the statistics?

    ?

  • I know. But I refuse to say that. If he got buffed I'd see him more and I don't want that because I am terrible at playing against him.

    So, he's fine. ? Okay?

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818060#Comment_818060

    I know. But I refuse to say that. If he got buffed I'd see him more and I don't want that because I am terrible at playing against him.

    So, he's fine. ? Okay?

    Nope! Buffs for Bing Bong Boi!!!

  • It really depends on the game and killer addons I don’t mind playing against Freddy or Spirit any killer other than pig, I hate pig with a burning passion like I loathe them. I can’t stand looking at them. I LIKE I REALLY HATE PIG! I just always have had bad experiences with pig. I just never enjoyed playing against her. Pig really triggers me and makes my blood boil over. I swear everytime my friend says it’s a pig I’m really to throw something across the room.

    I‘M yeeting myself out the server.

  • Not a fan of new Freddy but disconnecting to get what you want seems to be working. I never disconnect due to the high moral integrity I have but it's obvious there's a problem if people see it as the only way for change.

  • It’s because no one wants to work on a gen for 45 minutes with your paint brush, jump rope, and/or swing chain add ons. Then they run the Thana/Ruin/PGTW combo to make it even longer. Sorry but next game please

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817325#Comment_817325

    This is the problem with the survivor mentality in this community. Every killer has builds that are annoying. That's no excuse to DC and this is why there needs to be a punishment for people who DC because they don't want to be "annoyed" by something in a match.

    Do you not think facing a bunch of survivors with DS isn't annoying for killers? How do you think the survivor community would react if killers started DC'ing as soon as a survivor used DS?

    DS is not the equivalent. It’s a 5 second stun compared to working on a generator for 20 minutes

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    It’s because no one wants to work on a gen for 45 minutes with your paint brush, jump rope, and/or swing chain add ons. Then they run the Thana/Ruin/PGTW combo to make it even longer. Sorry but next game please

    You obviously didn't read through this thread. And how often are you encountering this build? I don't play it as Freddy and I haven't encountered this as a survivor. The problem is people have this attitude when you run ONE slowdown add-on or perk.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818338#Comment_818338

    You obviously didn't read through this thread. And how often are you encountering this build? I don't play it as Freddy and I haven't encountered this as a survivor. The problem is people have this attitude when you run ONE slowdown add-on or perk.

    You must not be a red rank survivor, as ALL Freddy players run these perks and add-ons

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817597#Comment_817597

    He was only explicitly labelled that in the remake. I grew up on the films in the 80's when he was only a child killer.

    The back story was the same in the 80s dude you might need to watch them again ?

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818361#Comment_818361

    You must not be a red rank survivor, as ALL Freddy players run these perks and add-ons

    Def not red ranks. Only a rank 14 here and don't think I'll ever reach red! But I think I'm ok with that. My frustration is at how many people have been DC'ing at low ranks on non-slowdown Freddy builds. Not sure why higher ranks feel they must be locked in to specific builds.

  • @OGBatDad69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817669#Comment_817669

    The back story was the same in the 80s dude you might need to watch them again ?

    I've watched them a bunch. Wasn't explicitly stated. Not really sure why you are being so insistent on bringing up something that's not even related to this post.

  • @Kenshin said:

    ppl will always DC as long as there is no punishment to it. devs need to start to care about it. we have dedicated server for a long time now and still no punishment system for DC's.

    While punishment will help, people can always just suicide on the hook.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    Not a fan of new Freddy but disconnecting to get what you want seems to be working. I never disconnect due to the high moral integrity I have but it's obvious there's a problem if people see it as the only way for change.

    I don’t dc Bc I want my bloodpoints, even if it is a gigantic f u survivors match due to xyz. I’m already here let’s get the ass whoopin over with.


    addendum : I also don’t cry about it Bc I know what happened last time and neither side enjoyed playing him or against him. Plus the devs put a lot of work into his rework. I’m going to give it some time since it’s still kind of fresh to see if it’s adaptable. Try a wide variety of #########. So far staying awake with fast medkits works best. It gives a bit more of a chance.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817297#Comment_817297

    While punishment will help, people can always just suicide on the hook.

    True. I don't think that is a reason not to punish DC'ing though.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I can already see the salty nerf posts

    "PlEaSe NeRf HiM. I CaN'T sTaNd a KiLlEr wHo iS StRoNgEr tHaN lEgIon"

    You talking about me :D?

  • Also keep in mind some of those are games crashing though. Its been happening a lot to my friends and I. But I've had games playing freddy where as soon as I hit them they DC.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817297#Comment_817297

    While punishment will help, people can always just suicide on the hook.

    and thats why this game also needs rewards for ranking up. so ppl actually try and want to win the game. its all the devs fault for doing nothing against this kind of ######### bevhavior what streamers brought to us by showing its ok to play this way. DEVS FIX THIS ALREADY.

  • My only opinion on Freddy is that dream pallets should still stun him, even if it's a shorter stun. If you don't have a flashlight or ds, and you've already used your exhaustion perk, pallets are your only defense, and it's bad enough they're fake- at least give him the stun. I'm so tired of being hit through pallets as it is, let's not add on to that with the dream sh*t.

    I've never dc'ed (intentionally- lately the game will crash midgame, thank you devs, very cool) against a Freddy, but those pallets get me itching to do it.

  • @upsetelcor said:

    My only opinion on Freddy is that dream pallets should still stun him, even if it's a shorter stun. If you don't have a flashlight or ds, and you've already used your exhaustion perk, pallets are your only defense, and it's bad enough they're fake- at least give him the stun. I'm so tired of being hit through pallets as it is, let's not add on to that with the dream sh*t.

    I've never dc'ed (intentionally- lately the game will crash midgame, thank you devs, very cool) against a Freddy, but those pallets get me itching to do it.

    But if you've already used an exhaustion perk to get a second chance why do you need another chance? And how would Freddy being stunned by an illusion that he created make sense?

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818560#Comment_818560

    But if you've already used an exhaustion perk to get a second chance why do you need another chance? And how would Freddy being stunned by an illusion that he created make sense?

    here's something you may not realize, if you're being tunneled, it doesn't matter if you use your exhaustion perk, use your decisive, or use all the pallets on the map, you're going to be chased down and killed. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense from a standpoint of the lore of the character, there's a such thing as balance, and balance and lore don't always go together, look at some of the other killers.

    for example, if you got a hatchet lodged in your back, chances are, you would go down immediately. However, because of balance, it takes the huntress two hatchets on average unless she has iridescent head. But her lore says that she's a hatchet wielder, from which you can infer that she knows where to land a killing, or at the very least seriously injuring blow, aka a down. But a little thing called balance says she can only one hit down with an add-on.

    The logic that's used in this discussion says that it's Freddy's dream world, he should be able to do whatever he wants. Keyword should. It's just like the huntress, and it's never been told how much power he really has in Dreamworld with the Entity, because you still have to factor her in. She still controls everything in the end.

  • @upsetelcor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818567#Comment_818567

    here's something you may not realize, if you're being tunneled, it doesn't matter if you use your exhaustion perk, use your decisive, or use all the pallets on the map, you're going to be chased down and killed. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense from a standpoint of the lore of the character, there's a such thing as balance, and balance and lore don't always go together, look at some of the other killers.

    for example, if you got a hatchet lodged in your back, chances are, you would go down immediately. However, because of balance, it takes the huntress two hatchets on average unless she has iridescent head. But her lore says that she's a hatchet wielder, from which you can infer that she knows where to land a killing, or at the very least seriously injuring blow, aka a down. But a little thing called balance says she can only one hit down with an add-on.

    The logic that's used in this discussion says that it's Freddy's dream world, he should be able to do whatever he wants. Keyword should. It's just like the huntress, and it's never been told how much power he really has in Dreamworld with the Entity, because you still have to factor her in. She still controls everything in the end.

    If it doesn't matter how many pallets you use when you're being tunneled, why would Freddy's pallets stunning him briefly make a difference?

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817902#Comment_817902

    Would you rather him be another Low Tier killer?

    Plus it makes sense he could do most of those things. The Dream World is his world. Manipulating the things around him is his thing. Having the ability to go from gen to gen sounds like something he could actually do.

    Can we stop calling killers "boring"? Because I'm bored having to face Exhaustion perks.

    I never said anything about rather having him as a low tier killer. What I'm saying is that he isn't really "fun" to go against. This has nothing to do with him being strong which i tbought i made it clear from my introduction.

    I never said his dream world was the main problem. I'm saying the number of things he can do is the problem which is what makes him unfun.

    Would you rather have me call him op than boring? At least exhausted perks doesn't come with the surivior being capable of doing gens plus looping the killer around at the same time which is pretty much what Freddy can do. He can slow the game down with add ons, prevent all loops (If dream snares are used correctly. I don't think it's a bad thing he can end loops, but the number of things he can do is annoying), slow the game down, teleport, become invisible, no heart beat, ignores borrowed time and e.t.c.

    I also wanted to make it clear that by removing the number of things he can do and buff the ones that have not been remove would probabaly make him more fun to play against. Freddy is pretty much a killer that can do almost everything any other killers or perks can do.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818588#Comment_818588

    If it doesn't matter how many pallets you use when you're being tunneled, why would Freddy's pallets stunning him briefly make a difference?

    You have that spare moment to gain distance. Do you play survivor like, at all? Pallets can be used for more than just looping, you know that, right?

  • @upsetelcor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818598#Comment_818598

    You have that spare moment to gain distance. Do you play survivor like, at all? Pallets can be used for more than just looping, you know that, right?

    I do play survivor. I understand how pallets work. But I also play killer. It just seems to me that this complaint falls into the typical "killer has a new power I don't like, they should change that power." argument. They aren't even his Base kit power. You have to use an add-on to use them.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817325#Comment_817325

    This is the problem with the survivor mentality in this community. Every killer has builds that are annoying. That's no excuse to DC and this is why there needs to be a punishment for people who DC because they don't want to be "annoyed" by something in a match.

    Do you not think facing a bunch of survivors with DS isn't annoying for killers? How do you think the survivor community would react if killers started DC'ing as soon as a survivor used DS?

    Many already do that. Know what survivors do in response? Laugh loudly in the knowledge that they made the killer rage quit.

  • Until they decide to give actual punishment and not encouraging it during a public event such as twitch rivals, nothing will change

  • I have played as both killers and survivors although I stick to survivor mostly. What I have say about it is DC during a match is the most irritating thing. Yes a lot of the killers I face I oftentimes call them overpowered but I never DC. Most killers just happen to be smart and good at the game which is oftentimes fun unless they camp you. As far as killers being “overpowered” Freddy is definitely not one of them I actually enjoy playing against Freddy users because they bring a different challenge to the game. Now as for killers like ghost face and legion something’s could be done to change them a tad bit. But overall none of them really should make anyone DC cause that’s just a dick move.

  • @TheJet said:

    I have played as both killers and survivors although I stick to survivor mostly. What I have say about it is DC during a match is the most irritating thing. Yes a lot of the killers I face I oftentimes call them overpowered but I never DC. Most killers just happen to be smart and good at the game which is oftentimes fun unless they camp you. As far as killers being “overpowered” Freddy is definitely not one of them I actually enjoy playing against Freddy users because they bring a different challenge to the game. Now as for killers like ghost face and legion something’s could be done to change them a tad bit. But overall none of them really should make anyone DC cause that’s just a dick move.

    Are you saying legion needs more nerfs? They already murdered them

  • Can they buff clock wake up times and person wake up times because you're pretty much always asleep and the fact that when he hits you yoi go to sleep like how do you stay awake lol

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Depends how you play your Freddy. If you are that kind of guy who uses Paint Brush and Swing Chains or Swing Chains and Jump Rope, compared with all the Slowdown Perk, it is not about the actual Strength of the Killer, more about how annoying it is to go against.

    From my experience, people have not that much of a problem vs Freddy. However, if Freddy is using all this Slowdown-Stuff, it is highly annoying to play against him and then I see people DC. And Freddy is so much more than just massive Slowdown.

    If you were using a normal Build, I dont know. Might be coincidence.

    That's a terrible reason to DC. I know people don't like slow down Freddy. But there are much more annoying things to play against in this game.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818361#Comment_818361

    You must not be a red rank survivor, as ALL Freddy players run these perks and add-ons

    Red Ranks. Freddy Main. Don't run this build. Don't even run Ruin.

  • Hmm I see a pattern emerging..

  • They dont condone dc'ing, fine....

    So, they chose to use an automated system in punishing players, fine...

    But the automated system they have in place is far too passive on punishing players for the amount that it is happening. I feel at purple ranks it was getting bad, now at red its getting even worse.

    I think its because a lot players who put more hours into the game know as long as they dont DC too much they will be fine.

    Basically, if i play any kind of spirit, someone will dc. Now if i play freddy, more and more are dc'ing. I dont have a bunch of fun playing against SWF groups with Adren and DS but i dont just quit out.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818386#Comment_818386

    Red Ranks. Freddy Main. Don't run this build. Don't even run Ruin.

    You’re either a liar or you enjoy being bullied

  • Well played man! I always laugh at the people that rely on ruin. The next reply you get will be "They must have been bad survivors".

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/819314#Comment_819314

    Well played man! I always laugh at the people that rely on ruin. The next reply you get will be "They must have been bad survivors".

    They put up quite the fight, I was desperately defending the last gen from being done with PGTW.

  • @DeKillerKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/819327#Comment_819327

    They put up quite the fight, I was desperately defending the last gen from being done with PGTW.

    DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping 06-11 1573009164 .png

    My last significant game was fairly enjoyable, I only noticed the one key because the person last second switched to it.

    I also hate Myers so I was pretty proud, ofc - just bad survivors though.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/819334#Comment_819334

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/U2455I81JL8R.png

    My last significant game was fairly enjoyable, I only noticed the one key because the person last second switched to it.

    I also hate Myers so I was pretty proud, ofc - just bad survivors though.

    I doubt "bad survivors" brings 3 keys and has a combination of Adrenaline, DS and Head On in their builds.

  • I'm sorry, but with the current gen times and sometimes people bringing 2-3 BNP's We have all the damn right in the world to slow down the game.


    Sometimes people do seem to forget that the killers are supposed to be stronger. The game is not supposed to be in the survivors favour from the beginning, that's why you can search through chests etc, to raise your chances.

  • @AbsolutelyAmel said:

    I'm sorry, but with the current gen times and sometimes people bringing 2-3 BNP's We have all the damn right in the world to slow down the game.

    Sometimes people do seem to forget that the killers are supposed to be stronger. The game is not supposed to be in the survivors favour from the beginning, that's why you can search through chests etc, to raise your chances.

    lmao 2-3 bnps I bet you ahven't gone against that in a LONG time.


    Either way, one hook with Pop removes the equivalent of a bnp, run that and you'll be fine, game is easy on both sides.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817707#Comment_817707

    Oh definitely, didn't mean to make it sound like every Freddy uses that build. I've run into a couple though since the rework, but more with normal builds. When I play Freddy I usually don't have anyone DC, but I'm not a Freddy main, I play a variety of killers, mostly Pig and Bunny Momma. When I play surv I haven't noticed people DCing more against Freddy than any other killer. It usually doesn't take long to see if you're going against a Forever Freddy. Usually you can tell from the very first hook. If you're affected by both Remember Me and Thana and slowdown addons then the probability of him having Pop and BBQ is pretty high.?

    I do not condone of DCing because of a specific killer or build, but I somewhat get why some people do it and I'm guilty of having done it myself a few times.

    Im getting a collection...

    20191006120145_1.jpg 20191031125723_1.jpg 20191029214059_1.jpg


  • @Venoxxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/819653#Comment_819653

    Gotta love it, eh? People who buy the game just to not even play it then complain. Sorry you and other Freddys have to go through this.

    *pat pat*

    All of these screenshots are from matches where 3 ppl DC within 15 seconds. The last got hatch of course.

1 2 3