Survivors disadvantaged

This game is really getting on my nerves with all the lack of validation towards survivors obviously being at a disadvantage. I would love to hear how survivors aren't disadvantaged other than the excuse that there are 4 survivors and 1 killer.....Fragrant tuft of hair shouldnt be a thing, the add ons for killers are insane compared to the survivors....there are no unique survivor add ons theyre all contiguous among every survivor character....combined with the toxicity of the community who main killer this game is really forcing me to distance myself from it.

Matches where killers play for kills and dont actually accrue points are such a waste of time and they just do it to get under people's skin.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Just remove ebon mori and the game is perfect

  • I have said this many times before and it still holds true for me.


    I am a killer main, though I will admit I avoid red ranks because of the BS. But with that said, I have to intentionally avoid red ranks cause I have almost no trouble as killer. (spirit, pig, gf)

    Most of the time, I play friendly. I won't camp, I won't tunnel, I aim for two hooks per survivor and usually pick one or two to kill while letting the others escape.

    the main exception to this are toxic groups that want to teabag everytime they drop a pallet or bodyblock en masse. I will go super sweaty tryhard to ensure I kill as many as possible in that scenario.

    Even when I fail, and they escape, I don't feel too stressed or too 'put out' by it...


    meanwhile, playing as survivor frustrates me to no end. the camping, the tunneling, the useless rando teammates that let me complete 3-4 gens and for some reason still don't break any totems so I end up dead to NOED at the end while they escape with 7,000 points.


    I prefer playing killer, but aside from rank 1-4, I would swear up and down, survivors have it WAY harder...

  • You're salty do you kiss your mom with that mouth lol. Survivors are the power in this game. If you don't believe that, you've got issues

  • I think you need to put things into perspective. I think the disadvantage goes both ways; it depends on skill, map, rng, perks, add ons, swf, ruin lasting less than 30 seconds or more than three minutes. I mean, I don't think you can really say that survivors have an absolute disadvantage and I'm sure you would agree with me on this one.

    If you mean that killers have op add ons, then I would agree with you, but the thing is that they are rarely used. Should they be nerfed or removed? Yeah, probably. For example, I've always said that ebony mori should be nerfed to two kills and they should only be available to use when there is only two or one gen left.

  • When survivors who focus down on their objective can end the game in less then 5 minutes...... I'm fairly certain that survivors are at the advantage.

  • if survivors are getting gens done in less than 5 minutes... then I have failed at one of my basic requirements as killer. pressure.

  • Well. If you really want to piss off a myers/ easy escape tuft, jump in a locker. Forces a hook, or escape.


    Cant tell you how many times ive been boned from my tuft because survivors are smart enough to jump in a locker before i catch them.


    Its honestly not bad.

  • There are a lot of people here who think that killers aren't the "Power Role" but frankly they're just people who are not as good at the game as they think they are.

    Survivors are supposed to be at a disadvantage the game is stacked against them. They can only survive if they come together and work together (even when they intend to stab each other in the back later on for the hatch).

    Killer holds the power in this game, survivors have to outwit and outlast the killer. No single survivor can stand up to a killer except if he has a key and is gunning for the hatch. Generally, has to be four of you working to beat the killer.

  • @DonnieTheZombie said:

    Well. If you really want to piss off a myers/ easy escape tuft, jump in a locker. Forces a hook, or escape.

    Cant tell you how many times ive been boned from my tuft because survivors are smart enough to jump in a locker before i catch them.

    Its honestly not bad.

    You’re thinking of tombstone

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803550#Comment_803550

    I shared a ss showing my solo que match getting a 4-man escape against him, it isn’t op just because someone or multiple people feed him stalk.

    To be fair your killer was rank 8 and the other four were ranks 3 and 4. Also if you haven't tried it, Judith's Journal + Furtive Chase completely negates the downside of having to stalk a lot. You can get to tier 3 extremely fast by stalking your obsession, hooking them, and then stalking the new obsession. I'm not arguing for or against removing it, but it's not as bad as it seems if you know how to abuse it. I used Judith's Tombstone + Judith's Journal and if I had not killed my obsession third, I would have got a 4k mori quite easily with plenty of stalk left to spare.

  • Neither should ds to be honest

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803469#Comment_803469

    How is it your fault if you get the moron who tbags myers and gives them all of their juice easy

    He needs to stalk more than one person to get his fragment tuff to proc. Odds are, you won't have more than one person intentionally feeding him.

  • I haven't read much past the first page, but seeing as it's page 3 and you're all still talking about Tuft of Hair makes me think the discussion is stagnant.


    Survivors are not disadvantaged at all. Regardless of solo que or SWF, all 5 gens can get completed in under 5 minutes without much difficulty even when there is a first hook in the first minute of the game. If you think that's not advantageous for survivors then I don't know what to tell you.

  • You'd like this suggestion:

    @NuclearBurrito said:

    First off I want to start by saying that I've never like the idea of Killer's or Survivor's SOMETIMES being way stronger than other times, and that there should be some baseline powerlevel that they can consistently have no problem which is then balanced around. It's ok to have a bit of a progression requirement to get to that point but I've never like the idea of something being balanced around the idea of "oh this one thing is super strong but can only be used in one match so it's fine".

    Thus addons and items throw the game completely out of balance, since you can't balance around 4 Survivors with items and 4 Survivors without items at the same time, let alone basekit Killers vs Killers with their best addons and Survivors with their best addons on those items and also Mori's because why not.

    Since it's impractical to expect high level addons to only be used against opponents using those same addons, balance is not maintained and no matter what everything is thrown out of whack.

    Thus the primary change is this:

    Make all items and addons not consumables. You always keep them after every match no matter what so long as you got them from the bloodweb (not chest items). Offerings stay the same as they don't generally provide a major benefit and just alter the games RNG instead although Mori's should be completely removed.

    The bloodweb would be altered to be MUCH smaller per web compared to now, however besides offerings all prices would be significantly increased to compensate.

    As for the specific addon and item effects they would be altered so higher rarity means the effects are more extreme but with a drawback of some sort. Higher rarity means bigger effect and a bigger drawback.

    Now to list out what I'd specifically suggest for each item/addon:

    Medkits

    • Camping Aid Kit - Moderately increases healing speed. Unlocks the self heal option (24 charges)

    Note: This means self heal speed is increased too.

    • First Aid Kit - Considerably increases the speed you heal others. Unlocks the self heal option (24 charges)
    • Emergency Med-Kit - Slightly increases the speed you heal others. Unlocks the self heal option. (32 charges)
    • Ranger Med-Kit - Tremendously increase the speed you heal others. Moderately increases Skill Check success zones. Moderately increases Skill Check bonus zones. (32 charges)

    Note: No self heal option with the Ranger's medkit.

    Addons

    • Rubber Gloves - Moderately decreases the Healing Skill Check difficulty. Moderately increases the Skill Check bonus zones.
    • Butterfly Tape - Slightly increases the Healing speed
    • Bandages - Adds 8 charges to the Med-Kit
    • Sponge - You don't get skill checks while healing. Overrides other addons.
    • Self Adherent Wrap - Moderately increase healing efficiency when healing another Survivor and slightly increase healing speed when healing another Survivor. (not yourself)
    • Needle & Thread - Moderately increase the chance to trigger a skill check. Moderately reduces skill check success zones.
    • Medical Scissors - Moderately increase Healing speed. Decrease med-kit charges by 8.
    • Gauze Roll - Add 12 charges to the Medkit. Slightly reduce healing speed.
    • Surgical Suture - Considerably increase the chance to trigger a skill check. Considerably reduces skill check success zones.
    • Gel Dressings - Add 16 charges to the Medkit. Moderately reduce healing speed.
    • Abdominal Dressing - Considerably increases the healing speed. Decrease med-kit charges by 12.
    • Styptic Agent - Using the secondary action button will cause you to consume this addon as well as 16 medkit charges and gain Endurance for 8 seconds during which time you glow (the visual effect when you are hit with endurance but the entire time). If you are hit during this time you will gain 20 seconds of the Deep Wounds status effect. Overrides normal healing with the medkit until used.
    • Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe - Using the secondary action button will consume this medkit and automatically heal the target up to 1 health state at the normal healing rate. This requires 32 charges to use and overrides normally healing with the medkit.

    Note: Unlike with Second Wind taking damage does not interrupt the automatic healing. However it will reset the healing and picking up the Survivor WILL stop the heal.

    Toolboxes

    • Worn Out Tools - Moderately increases repair speed. Slightly decreases Skill Check odds. Unlocks the Sabotage action (120 charges)
    • Toolbox - Moderately increases repair speed. Unlocks the Sabotage Action (130 charges)
    • Mechanics Toolbox - Considerably increases repair speed. Considerably decreases Sabotage speed. Unlocks the Sabotage action. You cannot hit great skill checks. (80 charges)
    • Commodious Toolbox - Slightly increases repair speed. Unlocks the Sabotage action. (160)
    • Engineers Toolbox - Moderately increases repair speed. Slightly increases repair speed further if the generator is less than 50% complete. (80 charges)
    • Alex's Toolbox - Slightly increases repair speed. Tremendously increases Sabotage speed. Sabotaging does not consume charges. Unlocks the Sabotage action. (110 charges)

    Addons

    • Spring Clamp - Moderately decreases the repair Skill Check difficulty. Moderately increases the Skill Check bonus zones.
    • Scraps - Adds 15 charges to the Toolbox
    • Clean Rag - Slightly increases the Toolbox's repair speed
    • Wire Spool - Adds 30 charges to the Toolbox. Slightly decreases the Toolbox's repair speed
    • Socket Swivels - Moderately increases the Toolbox repair speed. Remove 15 charges from the Toolbox
    • Protective Gloves - Moderately increases the chances to trigger a sabotage Skill Check. Moderately increases sabotage Skill Check success zones. Considerably reduces the sabotage Skill Check failed penalty
    • Instructions - Moderately increases the Toolbox's Sabotage efficiency
    • Grip Wrench - Moderately increase the chance to trigger a repair skill check. Moderately reduces repair skill check success zones.
    • Cutting Wire - Sabotaging a hook does not produce an audio cue
    • Hacksaw - Moderately increases Sabotage Speed
    • Brand New Part - remove 30 charges from the Toolbox. When you start to repair a generator with a Toolbox consume this addon. You will repair the generator by 15% over 10 seconds. During that time you will receive 2 difficult skill checks. Hitting each Skill Check will result in 5 % progression each for a maximum of 25 % added progression.

    Flashlights

    • Flashlight - You may blind the Killer. (8 charges)
    • Sport Flashlight - You may blind the Killer. Slightly reduces blindness duration and blinding speed.(12 charges)
    • Utility Flashlight - You may blind the Killer. Moderately increases blindness duration and blinding speed. Slightly decrease blinding range. (6 charges)

    Addons

    • Wide Lens - Moderately increases the Flashlight Beam's width
    • Power Bulb - Slightly increases the Blindness duration
    • Leather Grip - Slightly increases the Flashlight Beam's range
    • Battery - Adds 2 charges to the Flashlight
    • Focus Lens - Slightly increase Blinding speed
    • TIR Optic - Moderately increases the Blindness duration. Reduces Flashlight charges by 2
    • Rubber Grip - Moderately increases the Flashlight Beam's range. Slightly decreases Blindness duration
    • Low Amp Filament - The Killer does not see the Light beam (he may still be blinded by it). The Flashlight activation sound is muffled
    • Heavy Duty Battery - Adds 4 charges to the Flashlight. Slightly decrease Blinding speed
    • Long Life Battery - Adds 6 seconds of use to a standard Flashlight. Moderately decrease Blinding speed.
    • Intense Halogen - Considerably increases the Blindness duration. Reduces Flashlight charges by 4
    • High-End Sapphire Lens - Moderately increase Blinding speed. Moderately reduces the Flashlight Beam's range
    • Odd Bulb - Each time you successfully blind the Killer slightly increase the Blinding duration of future blinds. Slightly decreases the initial Blinding duration.

    Maps

    • Detailed Map - Start with 1 Generator and 1 Exit gate Marked. Unlocks ability to track Generators, Hooks and Exit gates within a range of 16 meters. (20 charges)
    • Rainbow map - Start with 3 random items marked. Unlocks ability to track Generators, Hooks and Exit gates within a range of 8 meters. (40 charges)

    Addons

    • Map Addendum - Start with 2 additional random items marked
    • Yellow Wire - The map also tracks items in range of other Survivors
    • Unusual Stamp - Increases the map range by 8 meters
    • Retardant Jelly - Gain 5 additional charges
    • Red Twine - Unlocks the ability to track Killer Belongings
    • Glass Bead - Unlocks the Marker Ability on secondary action creating a marker that can be seen by all the Survivors.
    • Odd Stamp - Increases the map range by 12 meters and reduces it's charges by 4
    • Black Silk Cord - Unlocks the ability to track the hatch
    • Crystal Bead - Every Survivor sees the Aura generated by the map when the owner activates it. Decreases map range by 50% and the map starts with 1 less item tracked.

    Keys

    • Broken Key - Reveals your aura to Survivors within 32 meters. (30 charges)
    • Dull Key - Reveals Survivor auras within 32 meters (30 charges)
    • Skeleton Key - Reveals the Killers aura within 24 meters (30 charges)

    Addons

    • Prayer Rope - Adds 10 charges to the Key
    • Scratched Pearl - Increase the range by 4 meters
    • Prayer Beads - Adds 15 charges to the key. Reduces the range by 4 meters.
    • Eroded Token - You may channel the key while preforming other actions.
    • Gold Token - Revealing a players aura also reveals any auras they can see
    • Weaved Ring - Decreases channel time by 0.5 seconds
    • Blood Amber - Revealing a players aura also reveals other player aura's within 8 meters of them.
    • Unique Wedding Ring - You may see the obsessions Aura during the entire trial. Decreases your odds of being the obsession. Reduces the keys range by 8 meters.
    • Milky Glass - You may open a closed hatch. Makes the Key brightly glow at all times. Shatters if you are ever downed, destroying the addon.

    Basically: The addon/item system is inherently unbalanced.

    This is because of the disconnect you are trying to point out (and are generalizing to conclude Killers as a whole are OP) regarding Killers with red addons vs Killers with no addons or low tier addons.

    The solution is to make addons/items not consumables and re-balance them accordingly, the specifics are in the link including that would need to be done to successfully re-balance the various items/addons.

    For tuft of hair specifically the suggestion is to reduce the amount of evil each Survivor has by 25% in addition to it's current effects.

    This means all 4 Survivors have 30 evil between them out of a required total of 20 needed to get to tier 3. This means he'd need 2.6 Survivors worth of stalk, so even if 2 Survivors are deliberately giving him as much stalk as possible he'd still need another 5 evil in order to actually reach tier 3.

    Do remember that without unlimited Tier 3 it's possible to use Tier 2 to get closer than normal to Survivors with the lower TR and then pop T3 to get the down in record time. With unlimited T3 this trick can only be used once, hence why further downsides are unneeded.

  • Also with this nerf in order to use it with tombstone (which is also nerfed here) You'd need to get literally all of everyones evil.

  • mediocre survivor main whine thread

  • Survivors are in a disadvantage??? Sorry #########??

    Buddy trust me, it’s the other way around.. if you’re playing anything other than Nurse or Spirit then you’re at a huge disadvantage because you can be looped and have to rely on the survivor’s mistakes to down them.. Let alone if you’re playing against SWFs.. I have been in plenty of games where I play optimally and still lose..

  • @Usui said:

    The main issue I have with it is all the killer ultra rares are seen as killers just having their fun, but when a survivor has their fun, it's seen as toxic. Not to mention survivors no longer have anything in comparison to killer ultras now.

    (keys) and the instas of course. If you think syringe is dead you probably think that nurse is still op lmao.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    This game is really getting on my nerves with all the lack of validation towards survivors obviously being at a disadvantage. I would love to hear how survivors aren't disadvantaged other than the excuse that there are 4 survivors and 1 killer.....Fragrant tuft of hair shouldnt be a thing, the add ons for killers are insane compared to the survivors....there are no unique survivor add ons theyre all contiguous among every survivor character....combined with the toxicity of the community who main killer this game is really forcing me to distance myself from it.

    Matches where killers play for kills and dont actually accrue points are such a waste of time and they just do it to get under people's skin.

    Just Gen Rush like red ranks always do. All gens can legit be done in under 5 minutes.

  • Survivors are at no disadvantage to killers, a competent team of survivors will always beat a competent killer.


    Survivors getting overalls altruistic or making poor choices is what feeds the killer, the killer has a lot more he needs to focus on.

  • Survivors are supposed to be at a disadvantage. They're trying to survive. Yeah, some add-ons are bullshit, but so are balanced landing loops. DS invinciblity and other things. 4 survivors, and one killer. The killer can only chase one survivor at a time, and that leaves 3 survivors to do gens, cleanse totems, find items. Killers have to end chases quickly or else every game would be a entity displeased.

  • @Pulsar said:

    If you get hit by Fragrant Tuft, it's entirely your fault.

    "Yea, just dont get downed you dumbass" (quote, ohtofu)


  • @Kycer said:

    Survivors are on a disadvantage??? Sorry #########??

    Buddy trust me, it’s the other way around.. if you’re playing anything other than Nurse or Spirit then you’re at a huge disadvantage because because you can be looped and have to rely on the survivor’s mistakes to down them.. Let alone if you’re playing against SWFs.. I have been in plenty of games where I play optimally and still lose..

    Scratch Nurse off your list.

    Now, she walks slower than Survivors AND can't spam her blink! She lost all her map pressure and at least 50% of her chase pressure.

    And the OP thinks 'Survivors are disadvantaged'. :P

    Only because the Devs have not started 'Looking at' Spirit (she's next) and then Billy.

  • @Entity_Burger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/804179#Comment_804179

    Scratch Nurse off your list.

    Now, she walks slower than Survivors AND can't spam her blink! She lost all her map pressure and at least 50% of her chase pressure.

    And the OP thinks 'Survivors are disadvantaged'. :P

    Only because the Devs have not started 'Looking at' Spirit (she's next) and then Billy.

    I think billy is fine, they need to remove purges ability to see where someone cleanses so they have to stumble upon a cleansed fountain and nerf spirit, those are the only killer aspects i think need to be nerfed and michaels tuft of hair


  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/805521#Comment_805521

    I think billy is fine, they need to remove purges ability to see where someone cleanses so they have to stumble upon a cleansed fountain and nerf spirit, those are the only killer aspects i think need to be nerfed and michaels tuft of hair

    I disagree.

    Cleansing already heals Survivors AND is half of Plague's power. The Plague should not have to hunt the map to use her power.

    And the Devs should not touch Spirit until they actually fix Nurse instead of just ripping out her guts and saying 'Job's done!'

    I ave no real opinion on Tuft.

  • @Entity_Burger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/805581#Comment_805581

    I disagree.

    Cleansing already heals Survivors AND is half of Plague's power. The Plague should not have to hunt the map to use her power.

    And the Devs should not touch Spirit until they actually fix Nurse instead of just ripping out her guts and saying 'Job's done!'

    I ave no real opinion on Tuft.

    they could still keep the cleansing noise and the fountain red just dont have a location indicator of where they did it at purge is pretty decent w/o vomit water

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/805589#Comment_805589

    they could still keep the cleansing noise and the fountain red just dont have a location indicator of where they did it at purge is pretty decent w/o vomit water

    She needs the location. The whole point of breaking people w/ the vomit is so she can then grab the blood vomit & down them at range.

    So I still have to disagree with forcing the Plague to hunt for 50% of her power. It would be like if the Trapper had to hunt for his traps instead of seeing their auras; it makes no sense and is a needless nerf.

  • Killers are only the power role vs low skill survivors. Have you ever played killer? Have you ever been a red rank killer? If you haven't then you don't know anything about the power survivor has compared to killer. Sorry if that sounds mean, but it is the truth. The hardest thing about playing survivor is dealing with random teammates as a solo player. I say this as a person that has been rank 1 multiple times on killer and survivor. I enjoy both roles and I'm one of the least bias players you will ever meet.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803535#Comment_803535

    it is an excuse because some killers dont even need add ons to have instadowns.

    But those instadowns have a charge or requirement they must fulfill first. And... depending on the survivors, they can be very hard to accomplish.

  • @cosmicvolts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803562#Comment_803562

    all of these "ADVANTAGES" and you can still get a 4k off of a level 1 killer with 1 perk and no add ons....

    That is not due to a killer's base, but due to a person's skill with a killer. @HatCreature's skill is high, so he can overcome those advantages. Less skilled killers will not have the skill to beat those.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803582#Comment_803582

    That is not due to a killer's base, but due to a person's skill with a killer. @HatCreature's skill is high, so he can overcome those advantages. Less skilled killers will not have the skill to beat those.

    I try 😅 give me Freddy and Ghostface and I'm in my zone no matter what team I get. Give me Billy or Nurse and I struggle hard lol

  • @HatCreature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/805659#Comment_805659

    I try 😅 give me Freddy and Ghostface and I'm in my zone no matter what team I get. Give me Billy or Nurse and I struggle hard lol

    I did forget to mention that not everyone is able to play every killer. I can't play Nurse, Hag, or Billy well, myself. Same with Hag... but give me Legion, Trapper, or Demo and I will get a 4k most of the time.

1 2 ›