Is DCing against Ghostface the new thing?

Seems to be a new trend. Just played a game as Ghostface where everyone DCed. Survivor said people hate him more than Legion.

Comments

  • Depends on the person. Ghostface is annoying with the ability to insta down but he does have to stalk to get it.

    I'd disagree with the him being more annoying than legion as legion is just a constant mend fest unless their trying to kill you.

  • @Eleghost said:

    Depends on the person. Ghostface is annoying with the ability to insta down but he does have to stalk to get it.

    I'd disagree with the him being more annoying than legion as legion is just a constant mend fest unless their trying to kill you.

    Didn't stalk once. Think people hate his ability to remove his terror radius.

  • He can be very annoying to go against because of how inconsistent revealing him is sometimes.

    At least that's the only thing i hate when going against GF.

    Other than that he's pretty fun to go against imo.

  • ghostface with caught on tape is pretty annoying because it's basically instant lean stalk

  • Oh, you did not know?

    Survivors can DC against every Killer if they just feel like it, according to the DCer scrublords on these forums.

    Oh yeah, and Killers can never DC. Not even against a 4-man SWF running 4 second chance perks each plus 2 purple toolboxes and 2 medkits with insta-heals. Gotta let the Survivors bully you for maximum BP, then go sit in a corner until they decide to end the match.

    And if you down any of them? They get to DC and call you a tryhard.

  • Survivors DC against any killer they deem "unfun" can't wait to see all the NuRf GhOsTfAce threads popping up once Spirit and Freddy are nerfed (I can understand Spirit but Freddy? I mean c'mon seriously, Nerf Freddy 2: Electric Boogaloo?)

  • I was just wondering this evening what order the hit-list was in.

    Legion

    Freddy (I think)

    Nurse

    Lately it’s been spirit

    I was trying to guess who was next. So it’s Ghostface, huh? I wonder if Hag or Shape will be next in line (please no....) Oh wait! Some people are good with Billy! I forgot! There have been complaints in the past. He’s prolly next.

  • @Centrum said:

    Oh, you did not know?

    Survivors can DC against every Killer if they just feel like it, according to the DCer scrublords on these forums.

    Oh yeah, and Killers can never DC. Not even against a 4-man SWF running 4 second chance perks each plus 2 purple toolboxes and 2 medkits with insta-heals. Gotta let the Survivors bully you for maximum BP, then go sit in a corner until they decide to end the match.

    And if you down any of them? They get to DC and call you a tryhard.

    Someone call this man a Wambulance!

  • GhostFace isn't even good. For all the people complaining about his reveal mechanic, he gets screwed over just as much as you do.

  • Yes, apparently. Last time I played with him, some survivors said that he is so broken as Spirit


    So........ Yikes, I guess

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/794985#Comment_794985

    Didn't stalk once. Think people hate his ability to remove his terror radius.

    Yes. I have a couple of friends who play survivor a lot and they always speak hate on Ghostface because of that. The main thing (to them) being that GF doesn’t have any drawback while using stealth. One of them is a Pig main so I understand his frustration.

    Not siding with dcers or saying GF needs a nerf, but ”Every stealth killer in the game needs to sacrifice something to benefit from stealth, except Ghostface” is actually a pretty valid point.

  • Why everyone so butthurt against Stealth Killers. Lotsa people hate Mirror Myers and Ghostface, IMO they're saving DBD one jump scare at a time.

  • I hate going against Ghostface because players tend to use him like Wraith Aka Tunnel and or camp the whole game. His reveal mechanics also make getting exposed feel cheap so he 200% needs a bigger cone for revealing him.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/794991#Comment_794991

    Yes. I have a couple of friends who play survivor a lot and they always speak hate on Ghostface because of that. The main thing (to them) being that GF doesn’t have any drawback while using stealth. One of them is a Pig main so I understand his frustration.

    Not siding with dcers or saying GF needs a nerf, but ”Every stealth killer in the game needs to sacrifice something to benefit from stealth, except Ghostface” is actually a pretty valid point.

    But every other stealth killer got something reliable except the stealth (Pig traps for example). They can't be broken out of their stealth by looking at them too.

    Only because people are unable to heal safely against anti-heal GF or just use "Spine Chill", it don't means he needs a nerf.

  • I think it depends. It wouldn't surprise me if you were hovering around the gray and yellow ranks. Survivors there will dc a lot to stealth killers. The times I see people dc to Ghostface in red ranks is if they think they're gonna lose an item, but then that's with every other killer too.

  • @Centrum said:

    Oh, you did not know?

    Survivors can DC against every Killer if they just feel like it, according to the DCer scrublords on these forums.

    Oh yeah, and Killers can never DC. Not even against a 4-man SWF running 4 second chance perks each plus 2 purple toolboxes and 2 medkits with insta-heals. Gotta let the Survivors bully you for maximum BP, then go sit in a corner until they decide to end the match.

    And if you down any of them? They get to DC and call you a tryhard.

    @Centrum Thanks for speaking for the entire survivor community. Now I’ll keep that in mind whenever killers I go against DC after their ruin gets cleansed or miss 2-3 times and give up.

    The DC issue is on both sides. People generally DC when they find something annoying. In this case GF.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/794991#Comment_794991

    Yes. I have a couple of friends who play survivor a lot and they always speak hate on Ghostface because of that. The main thing (to them) being that GF doesn’t have any drawback while using stealth. One of them is a Pig main so I understand his frustration.

    Not siding with dcers or saying GF needs a nerf, but ”Every stealth killer in the game needs to sacrifice something to benefit from stealth, except Ghostface” is actually a pretty valid point.

    The drawback for Ghostface is being spotted by survivors. Can't use his power if the survivors disable it. He is the only stealth killer in the game that actually has to conceal himself to gain the upper hand from survivors that must rely heavily on perception to beat him. I'm not gonna speak for the community, but when I play against a GF, I'm revealing him nearly every time. The only times I failed is when an experienced Ghost Face player is actually hiding too much of their body for me to reveal them.

  • @THEghostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795197#Comment_795197

    The drawback for Ghostface is being spotted by survivors. Can't use his power if the survivors disable it. He is the only stealth killer in the game that actually has to conceal himself to gain the upper hand from survivors that must rely heavily on perception to beat him. I'm not gonna speak for the community, but when I play against a GF, I'm revealing him nearly every time. The only times I failed is when an experienced Ghost Face player is actually hiding too much of their body for me to reveal them.

    So you can easily do gens inside jungle gyms and reveal him through the walls, to not get grabbed. Right?

    ######### “I’m revealing him every times” does even mean. Are you doing gens or not?

  • cant wait until the real dc bans come in with the dedicated servers

  • people DC against ghostface because his ability is generally bugged. no one wants to play against that. (or spirit.)

  • I see people DCing even against Clown, so I'm not surprised.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    He can be very annoying to go against because of how inconsistent revealing him is sometimes.

    At least that's the only thing i hate when going against GF.

    Other than that he's pretty fun to go against imo.

    @PhantomMask20763 said:

    Survivors DC against any killer they deem "unfun" can't wait to see all the NuRf GhOsTfAce threads popping up once Spirit and Freddy are nerfed (I can understand Spirit but Freddy? I mean c'mon seriously, Nerf Freddy 2: Electric Boogaloo?)

    @FairP1ayer said:

    I hate going against Ghostface because players tend to use him like Wraith Aka Tunnel and or camp the whole game. His reveal mechanics also make getting exposed feel cheap so he 200% needs a bigger cone for revealing him.

    And he's really bad about tunneling and camping.

    I don't believe people want him nerfed. They want his detection to work properly.

    Pretty much why I hate him.

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795561#Comment_795561

    So you can easily do gens inside jungle gyms and reveal him through the walls, to not get grabbed. Right?

    ######### “I’m revealing him every times” does even mean. Are you doing gens or not?

    Of course I am. Am I not supposed to reveal him while actually doing the objective?

  • People dc about everything, no matter what.

    Ghostface is a great killer, probably my favourite to go against. Most of the time the rounds are super fun and I almost never had a GF who was camping. Maybe 1 or 2 times. Really not a big number at all. And the killer is really not that strong. I'm not saying he's weak, not at all, but pretty good balanced imo (beside the fact that survivors seem to be able to reveal him behind some walls, this is kinda broken. Never happened to me though).

  • Ironically I had a Ghostface farm with us today lol.

  • @THEghostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/797359#Comment_797359

    Of course I am. Am I not supposed to reveal him while actually doing the objective?

    The majority of the generators in this game do not have line of sight on an approaching killer before he is in melee range. Now if we bring our hearing within this, it’s okay to notice a GF is coming to you, but saying you can reveal him all the time while doing gens is just nonsense...

  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/798649#Comment_798649

    The majority of the generators in this game do not have line of sight on an approaching killer before he is in melee range. Now if we bring our hearing within this, it’s okay to notice a GF is coming to you, but saying you can reveal him all the time while doing gens is just nonsense...

    To have it make more sense, yes that is true it can be mostly difficult to break him on a gen, but I've mostly gotten GFs that don't really hide that much, but if they do I begin revealing him as I run off. Other cases they could be chasing someone else within my LoS on a gen, and I reveal him that way as well.

  • @THEghostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/798806#Comment_798806

    To have it make more sense, yes that is true it can be mostly difficult to break him on a gen, but I've mostly gotten GFs that don't really hide that much, but if they do I begin revealing him as I run off. Other cases they could be chasing someone else within my LoS on a gen, and I reveal him that way as well.

    Yeah that makes much more sense xD

    I still think they may be right about his grab potential being slightly higher than intended

  • Ghostface isnt even that bad...

    And plus playing vs a ghostface lets your hear the satisfying SFX of you breaking him out of stealth.