I can't understand the absence of a voice chat

Sorry but I can't understand this sentence: "We do not have voice chat in our game as we feel this would ruin the survivor experience. However, you are able to use certain gestures in order to communicatewith other players".

I really can't immagine anything bad for this game if a voice chat is implemented. I am main killer so not that big of a problem, but already on this forum I keep on reading that the overall experience of a solo surv is not that great.

Surely a voice chat will help to create a bare minium coordination among surv.

Let me know if you do agree that with a voice chat the experience will be ruined.

Comments

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786698#Comment_786698

    Voice chat doesn't mean people play like an SWF.

    SWF aren't strong just because of voice chat it's becasue they are a group of friends who know how each other play and coordinate well together.

    This rarely happens in pug groups.

    Voice chat hinders the game more than adds to it. It becomes more elitist and anyone not on their level becomes a target for ridicule.

    Then there is those who will question why peoole do x instead of y questioning how they wish to play the game.

    Then There are regions where people speak multiple languages. People tend to only think of their own country when it comes to this idea.

    People screaming down the mic is just one aspect of why it's a bad idea. To say people have to grow a spine is quite frankly rude and highly inconsiderate as some may have trauma from life experiences. People use games as an escape as well as fun. Everyone's mind is different and that should always be respected.

    DBD has been bought by many on the pretence it has no in game voice chat like others games in the genre. If you buy a product you should always be informed of what you are purchasing and accept it for how it is.


    Everything that you just said is absolutely negated by having the option to not join voice chat, while others want to. And if they do, they can still mute. Your argument is objectively invalid by a feature that almost all games with a voice chat has.


  • @UgyBoogie said:

    It would absolutely ruin the game. The game isn't build around a voice chat. A lot of perks and powers of the killer would lose their viablity if survivors were able to communicate freely. This goes hand in hand with the issue many have with SWF groups, cause they are able to communicate via third party programs. The overall game wasn't build around communication.

    That said, even my own personal opinion is strongly against voice chat. I've got nearly 3k hours, all of them as either killer or solo survivor. And if the game had voice chat, I'd mute it 24/7. The lack of communication is precisely one of the appealing things for me.

    Exactly. I totally agree. I've always imagined trials as "nightmares" in which you try to escape a monster and you are not able to talk. This last makes the experience more terrifying. I sometimes like to play with my SWF group without voice chat to make it more thrilling.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786770#Comment_786770

    Everything that you just said is absolutely negated by having the option to not join voice chat, while others want to. And if they do, they can still mute. Your argument is objectively invalid by a feature that almost all games with a voice chat has.

    Not when it affects the balance of the game those people purchased if they don't or cant use it.

    If this ever happened killers would be buffed to compensate.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    Imagine playing the game and then you get in a lobby with a person who's annoying AF, screaming, overall obnoxious because this is DBD and imagine the killer in the voice chat as well some survivors would most likely be annoyingly loud just for the competitive advantage..... I support the devs decision of not including voice chat in game

    "Imagine someone is being annoying and nobody has the guts to tell them to shut up or mute them."

    Sounds legit.

  • @Starbricks19 said:

    Sorry but I can't understand this sentence: "We do not have voice chat in our game as we feel this would ruin the survivor experience. However, you are able to use certain gestures in order to communicatewith other players".

    I really can't immagine anything bad for this game if a voice chat is implemented. I am main killer so not that big of a problem, but already on this forum I keep on reading that the overall experience of a solo surv is not that great.

    Surely a voice chat will help to create a bare minium coordination among surv.

    Let me know if you do agree that with a voice chat the experience will be ruined.

    I can tell you haven't played against may SWF groups.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786578#Comment_786578

    I disagree. As soon as you add that option, people would end up harassing people through messages/postgame chat that you aren't in voice chat. Which they already do for other reasons that are outside of your control/outside of their perception.

    Instead of all y'all wanting to try and make other people better at the game by talking at them, how about you focus on your own gameplay instead? If you really want to talk to people, find some friends either ingame or outside the game and stick with them.

    I don't want to talk to people. I just think it could add to the game.

  • Never EVER put voice chat in DBD.

  • @Peanits said:

    Not everyone wants voice chat with strangers. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I usually turn it off when I'm playing online games these days. It's just not worth it. Half the time you get someone who leaves their mic open the whole time as they listen to music in the background, argue with their mother about cleaning their room, or talk with a friend (not realizing or caring that everyone can hear them). Even if you don't, usually everything's peachy until someone starts dying, and then they turn on you and start screaming over the mic.

    If I couldn't opt out, I just wouldn't play survivor anymore. And I can opt out, you're already missing the point of adding it (you have no idea if the person you're talking to can even hear you).

    If you want to use it with friends, go for it, we won't stop you. But talking with friends and talking with strangers are two different things. Your friends aren't going to throw a fit, get mad at you and start throwing the match when things don't go their way.

    This is pretty terrible logic. They could add voice chat, make it optional, and even put the default setting to "off". Then players that want to use voice chat could have the option to turn it on. They could add a small icon by a players name in the user interface to show they have voice chat enabled with a mic turned on. Then other survivors would at least know they have the option to talk if they want to plug in their mic and turn on voice chat in options. The player with the mic would also know if there is anyone else in the lobby they could talk to. Such a simple solution should solve virtually every issue you described.

  • Survivors currently have a chat box before and after the match. How many times they used the first to coordinate, tell their perks and define strategies? And how many times they use the second to insult someone or complain or in general to be toxic?

    Now apply this to voice chat. Now you should understand.

  • @White_Owl said:

    Survivors currently have a chat box before and after the match. How many times they used the first to coordinate, tell their perks and define strategies? And how many times they use the second to insult someone or complain or in general to be toxic?

    Now apply this to voice chat. Now you should understand.

    So nothing will change if VC is implimented?

  • I'm not sure how I would feel about voice chat. I wouldn't want to hear a bunch of cussing or hateful talk, like I sometimes see in the regular chat. If people were nice, then it could be fun. It's so uncertain. Right now, if they're getting too crazy in the pre-game chat, then I just leave the lobby.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    that would break and ruin the game for both sides

    This. It's already incredibly unfair for killers when a SWF joins and they are all in discord, so when one is being chased the other 3 are on gens. Now imagine that in EVERY game, I would just quit the game. Gotta think about the other side when it comes too these changes.

    It's like how people want Kindred too be base, that would be like Killers getting BBQ's aura reading base. It's just a bad idea and not fun for any side.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Play Left 4 Dead 2 versus for a week.

    You will very quickly learn why voice chat is a terrible idea.

    Make sure you bring an entire hospital to nurse your emotional wounds, too. Because some people there say some very horrible and nasty things.

    Legit, I just turned off the voice chat audio because of it, 7/10 it's a toxic dude being mean, so It's not really worth it. it would be even worse in DBD with how entitled a lot of survivors are, god forbid you save them when the killer is near when you have BT.

  • Well Mcote and others have "visions". You should play as immersed and scared claudette, hiding forever and have 0 informations.

    Many games are getting choked by visions, many getting killed by them.

    Mental insitutions are full of visionaries like this dev team.

  • I think proximity based voice chat would be nice.

  • I guess I don't understand what the debate is.

    Swf DO communicate over voice com with each other.

    It exists. It creates imbalance in a game designed around lack of verbal communication (lest the killer should hear!)

    So what is the question/problem? 3 pages in this thread don't answer this.

    It exists. The developers can't change it. So what's the remedy?

  • @Starbricks19 said:

    Sorry but I can't understand this sentence: "We do not have voice chat in our game as we feel this would ruin the survivor experience. However, you are able to use certain gestures in order to communicatewith other players".

    I really can't immagine anything bad for this game if a voice chat is implemented. I am main killer so not that big of a problem, but already on this forum I keep on reading that the overall experience of a solo surv is not that great.

    Surely a voice chat will help to create a bare minium coordination among surv.

    Let me know if you do agree that with a voice chat the experience will be ruined.

    Well it would so happen that survivors would communicate and plan with others stressing the killer

  • Honestly, I would drop DBD instantly if they ever added voice chat.

  • The amount of answer let us all understand that the debate was necessary.

    Many of you give really good answers, the focus point here is simple: from a balance point of view it will be disastrous?

    That is the core of the discussion, but here we are shifting to other problems that honestly I do not see. Lot of you complain about the toxicity of the community, well let me say dbd is exactly like every other games, you have the toxic people and the genuine one. Lol, ow, dota, Cs, cod, battlefield, Sot, pubg, fornite... What's the difference?? None! People are people and we can't change that, so if devs think that this feature will brake the game well, I welcome this choice and I appreciate all your passion in this post.


  • but what if we had the option to mute other players?

  • Enabling the Killer to hear the theoretical VC of survivors would lead to 3 things.

    1. Survivors would use 3rd party software the killer cannot hear instead
    2. Survivors would ONLY use the ingame VC to insult the killer
    3. Killers would either need to mute everyone ingame EVERY TRIAL out of habit or straight up disable it in the options.


    Adding VC would break this game, havent you seen the CWF-complains or SOLO-CWF-debates?

  • I'm probably not alone in this but i just can't STAND other ppl's voices without knowing them. I can already irritate myself when listening to a streamer who has enabled other ppl's voices too. it just makes me shut off the stream. It's even more so in a game where you don't want to be distracted by random ppl u don't know. Or even worse kids with tiny voices calling for mommy. Even with friends it's kinda exhausting to hear other ppl w hen you try to concentrate on the game. Also extra pressure to do this and that.

    Nah solo is more fun in a lot of ways.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786149#Comment_786149

    This. It's already incredibly unfair for killers when a SWF joins and they are all in discord, so when one is being chased the other 3 are on gens. Now imagine that in EVERY game, I would just quit the game. Gotta think about the other side when it comes too these changes.

    It's like how people want Kindred too be base, that would be like Killers getting BBQ's aura reading base. It's just a bad idea and not fun for any side.

    If the gap between the experience of solo and swf isn't closed you will doom killers to forever be dunked on by swf. The point of giving solo survivor communication options is so that killers can be balanced in a way that they have the tools to truly challenge swf.

  • Insert Hill Billy playing Initial D music with both turning addons. oh man that would be great.

  • I feel that voice chat should be added, but then most killers should be buffed to be balanced around survivors using voice chat.

  • I see more disconnects happening due to voice chat with randos...

  • @StevePerryPsychOut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787261#Comment_787261

    If the gap between the experience of solo and swf isn't closed you will doom killers to forever be dunked on by swf. The point of giving solo survivor communication options is so that killers can be balanced in a way that they have the tools to truly challenge swf.

    It doesnt work that way as a good team of solo can still be far better than a team of swf players.

    Swf aren't strong due to just being able to communicate. The top SWF being strong are due to them playing with a set group who know they are good players and have spent the time learning to coordinate well.

    Empathy is a perk where you can see when the killer is in a chase and know you are safe doing gens without comms.

    If you also balanced the game around chat then SWF will become the norm and I could guarantee queue times for killers would increase. If it affects Solo players which are over 50% of the playerbase then you risk losing that market.

    Take other games with voice chat balance. They don't last long and the playerbase dwindles as without actual friends online it's never the same game if you try to play alone.

    4 man and 3 man SWF are the only groups that are considered strong and they make up around 18% of the userbase according to the last stats and out of that not all are "tryhard" squads or even good players. The problem with this is so many think it's SWF when they lose when it's generally not.

    This means what people are asking for here effectively changes the game people bought for 82% of the playerbase as they will be disadvantaged if they don't use a feature which wasn't part of it.

    And again those that live in a region like Europe who can be matched with around 30 different countries all speaking different languages. And that's only one example you also have south America, Asia etc.

  • Everyone worries about toxicity but i would argue the majority of player base aren't. Its certainly likely that you load into a game and find decent people and then continue to play with those people.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    that would break and ruin the game for both sides

    Then why did they make swf easier to do without adding some downside to it?

  • @honestscript said:

    but what if we had the option to mute other players?

    Still wouldn't work. I can see people getting sandbagged because they refuse to chat.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787860#Comment_787860

    Still wouldn't work. I can see people getting sandbagged because they refuse to chat.

    yeah, good point. There's a lot of people who are stupid like that.

  • @SupaSlay3r20 said:

    I feel that voice chat should be added, but then most killers should be buffed to be balanced around survivors using voice chat.

    EXACTLY

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787860#Comment_787860

    Still wouldn't work. I can see people getting sandbagged because they refuse to chat.

    That's a little extreme, dont you think?

    I've played my fair share of games, and I dont think I've come across anyone, let's say in Overwatch, who wouldn't heal me as Mercy because I wasnt communicating.

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788586#Comment_788586

    That's a little extreme, dont you think?

    I've played my fair share of games, and I dont think I've come across anyone, let's say in Overwatch, who wouldn't heal me as Mercy because I wasnt communicating.

    I was shot and murdered in L4D because I didn't follow precise orders of a Russian kid screaming in his mic.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788604#Comment_788604

    I was shot and murdered in L4D because I didn't follow precise orders of a Russian kid screaming in his mic.

    As absolutely hilarious as that is, the fact you remembered it so vivadly states it's more of a fond memory of a funny moment rather than a constant occurance.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788228#Comment_788228

    It doesnt work that way as a good team of solo can still be far better than a team of swf players.

    Swf aren't strong due to just being able to communicate. The top SWF being strong are due to them playing with a set group who know they are good players and have spent the time learning to coordinate well.

    Empathy is a perk where you can see when the killer is in a chase and know you are safe doing gens without comms.

    If you also balanced the game around chat then SWF will become the norm and I could guarantee queue times for killers would increase. If it affects Solo players which are over 50% of the playerbase then you risk losing that market.

    Take other games with voice chat balance. They don't last long and the playerbase dwindles as without actual friends online it's never the same game if you try to play alone.

    4 man and 3 man SWF are the only groups that are considered strong and they make up around 18% of the userbase according to the last stats and out of that not all are "tryhard" squads or even good players. The problem with this is so many think it's SWF when they lose when it's generally not.

    This means what people are asking for here effectively changes the game people bought for 82% of the playerbase as they will be disadvantaged if they don't use a feature which wasn't part of it.

    And again those that live in a region like Europe who can be matched with around 30 different countries all speaking different languages. And that's only one example you also have south America, Asia etc.

    The same players playing solo would undoubtedly be a stronger team by simply putting on mics and communicating.

    Yeah teams that practice together will be better than randoms, clearly. The point isn't to make them equal but close the gap. But part of that coordination is undoubtedly voice comms.

    Comms are stronger than empathy, they work without requiring anybody to be injured and free up a perk slot.

    I am this market, I don't generally like to mic up with randoms. But I will if the situation calls for it. I'm not the kind of guy who is going to gab with my team the whole time but i will make call outs when necessary. I don't see how an optional chat system will destroy the solo playerbase.

    I would argue team based games with integrated chat are among the most successful titles in the multiplayer genre. If you mean asymmetric or asymmetric horror games, I would argue that they failed for different reasons such as being based around a strange battle royale mode or weird instant death / respawn mechanics.

    That's still like 1 in 5 games, and even if you're not some try hard squad communication does give an undeniable edge. Simply being able to say, "ruin is here killer is chasing me," or " killer lost me he is heading toward this part of the map is quite the advantage and should be considered. But if you make it the norm that most of your playerbase can't do that, then you are allowing those that do communicate to effectively break your game.

    This is the kind of thing they probably should have thought about before allowing swf in the first place.

    Now this is actually a good point, even on american servers I play with a lot of Spanish speakers. I'm not saying open comms is an end all be all perfect solution. I would prefer a vermintide style ping system personally. My general intention though is that either solos need communication or swf needs nerfs/removal. I don't really care how it is achieved, I am just want a more balanced game.

  • @StevePerryPsychOut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788428#Comment_788428

    The same players playing solo would undoubtedly be a stronger team by simply putting on mics and communicating.

    Yeah teams that practice together will be better than randoms, clearly. The point isn't to make them equal but close the gap. But part of that coordination is undoubtedly voice comms.

    Comms are stronger than empathy, they work without requiring anybody to be injured and free up a perk slot.

    I am this market, I don't generally like to mic up with randoms. But I will if the situation calls for it. I'm not the kind of guy who is going to gab with my team the whole time but i will make call outs when necessary. I don't see how an optional chat system will destroy the solo playerbase.

    I would argue team based games with integrated chat are among the most successful titles in the multiplayer genre. If you mean asymmetric or asymmetric horror games, I would argue that they failed for different reasons such as being based around a strange battle royale mode or weird instant death / respawn mechanics.

    That's still like 1 in 5 games, and even if you're not some try hard squad communication does give an undeniable edge. Simply being able to say, "ruin is here killer is chasing me," or " killer lost me he is heading toward this part of the map is quite the advantage and should be considered. But if you make it the norm that most of your playerbase can't do that, then you are allowing those that do communicate to effectively break your game.

    This is the kind of thing they probably should have thought about before allowing swf in the first place.

    Now this is actually a good point, even on american servers I play with a lot of Spanish speakers. I'm not saying open comms is an end all be all perfect solution. I would prefer a vermintide style ping system personally. My general intention though is that either solos need communication or swf needs nerfs/removal. I don't really care how it is achieved, I am just want a more balanced game.

    I think that's one of DBD players issues as It's not inherently a team game as you can chose to help others or not. If you escape and the rest die they don't gain anything from that and you don't lose anything.

    The only reason for a solo person to keep others alive in reality is to give to give themselves more of a fighting chance.

    People working together in a team game need a common goal and shared points. People save for the extra points but those point at a theirs alone.

    It's very hard to try and make it so the game doesnt become something different for those who bought and played it as it was always intended.

    A ping system woukd be the middle ground but it may change the game too much. It has already became a lot easier with all the icons and notifications of every actions and has removed a lot of the fun of not knowing.

    Knowing too much info personally for myself breaks the game and makes it about going through motions rather the feeling like I need to be aware of what's happening.

    SWF will never be nerfed that's a given as they stated they don't want to punish people for playing with friends.

  • Oh, thigns would change alright. For the worse.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    that would break and ruin the game for both sides

    Not really. You can already do it in SWF or just paste a discord link in the pre game lobby if you really wanted to. They talked a while ago about bringing SWF and solo queue closer to together to more easily balance the game. I know they don't want to because they feel like it ruins the essence of the game, but as long as SWF is allowed they need to go ahead and just add in voice comms. It would put SWF and solo queue on the same level and allow them to balance the game around it.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788851#Comment_788851

    LOL!

    Please refer to my post literally right above yours. AMAZING logic.

    Your logic is awful. They can't get rid of SWF because it would kill the game. The game heavily relies on friends being able to play with each other. So, SWF is not going anywhere. They have to find a standard to balance the game around. If they choose solo queue, SWF can have a ton of advantages because they aren't being take into account. If they balance entirely around SWF then solo queue players can get ######### over because of changes that might be made. The best solution is to bring the two as close together as they can so that balancing is as simple as possible. The best way to do this would be to add in voice comms for solo queue and rework perks/whatever else to compensate for the change.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788851#Comment_788851

    LOL!

    Please refer to my post literally right above yours. AMAZING logic.

    They made a cogent argument and you're just throwing shade. Perhaps it is you who should read their post again and actually respond to it.

  • @Starbricks19 said:

    Sorry but I can't understand this sentence: "We do not have voice chat in our game as we feel this would ruin the survivor experience. However, you are able to use certain gestures in order to communicatewith other players".

    I really can't immagine anything bad for this game if a voice chat is implemented. I am main killer so not that big of a problem, but already on this forum I keep on reading that the overall experience of a solo surv is not that great.

    Surely a voice chat will help to create a bare minium coordination among surv.

    Let me know if you do agree that with a voice chat the experience will be ruined.

    @Starbricks19 said:

    Sorry but I can't understand this sentence: "We do not have voice chat in our game as we feel this would ruin the survivor experience. However, you are able to use certain gestures in order to communicatewith other players".

    I really can't immagine anything bad for this game if a voice chat is implemented. I am main killer so not that big of a problem, but already on this forum I keep on reading that the overall experience of a solo surv is not that great.

    Surely a voice chat will help to create a bare minium coordination among surv.

    Let me know if you do agree that with a voice chat the experience will be ruined.

    It would be to over powered you'd be able to identify the killer your going against immediately an track what the killer doing throughout the match

  • @Romey95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/98528/i-cant-understand-the-absence-of-a-voice-chat

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/98528/i-cant-understand-the-absence-of-a-voice-chat

    It would be to over powered you'd be able to identify the killer your going against immediately an track what the killer doing throughout the match

    Swf already does this. If you want killers to be buffed to compete with swf, than solo must compete on the same level since they're about 80% of the survivor population.


  • @StevePerryPsychOut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788868#Comment_788868

    Swf already does this. If you want killers to be buffed to compete with swf, than solo must compete on the same level since they're about 80% of the survivor population.

    TBH there should be a Hex perk that plays loud static in SWF

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788859#Comment_788859

    No YOUR logic is terrible lol

    SWFs on comms severely nerf killers. "Oh I'm being chased" so the other 3 know then to immediately work on gens. Comms pretty much kills most perks too. Bond, Empathy, Insidious, etc, all become useless. The only people arguing for this are survivor mains, which is nothing new. Since 2016 survivor mains have been pushing for as much advantage as possible and whine and cry about every single nerf, even if they're glaringly obvious (like red instaheals.)

    There's absolutely NO reason why the devs just HAVE to ad comms to solo queue, just because SWFs use Discord or Party chat. Ok, so SWFs can use comms via third party sources. So? It is what it is. What's the actual tangible reason for adding, other than ridding the purpose of a large number of perks and screwing killers over?

    This isn't DBD exclusive either by the way. League of Legends, one of the biggest multiplayer games on the planet, does not implement voice chat for solo queue. You can voice chat with your friends you're queued up with, and it's built in (no outside apps necessary), but not with randoms. And that's simply just due to toxicity, which DBD has plenty of. Now League isn't asymmetric, but if it was, they DEFINITELY wouldn't implement comms for solo queue.

    Again, the comms already exist for anyone that wants to use them. They just aren't in the game. I can just as easily make a discord and give out the link before the game starts. SWF already exist and are pretty common. I don't know what part of my argument you aren't understanding, but it's pretty funny to see. As I have said twice already, they would need to balance the game around the changes. This would obviously include killer. Also, if you feel like comms negatively impact your killer games this much, I can guarantee that you aren't that great of a killer. I'm not going to argue with you any more because you clearly don't understand the game or how logical argumentation works

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788859#Comment_788859

    No YOUR logic is terrible lol

    SWFs on comms severely nerf killers. "Oh I'm being chased" so the other 3 know then to immediately work on gens. Comms pretty much kills most perks too. Bond, Empathy, Insidious, etc, all become useless. The only people arguing for this are survivor mains, which is nothing new. Since 2016 survivor mains have been pushing for as much advantage as possible and whine and cry about every single nerf, even if they're glaringly obvious (like red instaheals.)

    There's absolutely NO reason why the devs just HAVE to ad comms to solo queue, just because SWFs use Discord or Party chat. Ok, so SWFs can use comms via third party sources. So? It is what it is. What's the actual tangible reason for adding, other than ridding the purpose of a large number of perks and screwing killers over?

    This isn't DBD exclusive either by the way. League of Legends, one of the biggest multiplayer games on the planet, does not implement voice chat for solo queue. You can voice chat with your friends you're queued up with, and it's built in (no outside apps necessary), but not with randoms. And that's simply just due to toxicity, which DBD has plenty of. Now League isn't asymmetric, but if it was, they DEFINITELY wouldn't implement comms for solo queue.

    The purpose is to be able to buff killers to the level that they can compete with swf. 80% of survivors play solo so that is the survivor experience that the devs will balance the game around. If solo survivors are of a similar strength to swf, then killers can be buffed to truly compete with swf. I want killers to be able to properly compete with all survivors.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788892#Comment_788892

    Oh here we go with the personal attacks. I can just as easily do the same to you "If you need comms to play, you're probably not that good at survivor. Learn to loop better." See how dumb and pointless that is? Stop being a child.

    I would post my Twitch stuff but you can't self promote on the forums. But that's besides the point. Allow me to address your argument.

    My question was simple. Just because SWFs CAN do this stuff, why does that automatically means the Devs are obligated to implement it into the game? There's no reason other than the fact that you just want them to, for your own convenience. Just because it's available through other means, doesn't inherently justify forcing it onto 100% of the player base without solid reasoning. Some survivors might not WANT voice chat with others. And as I stated before, it opens the door for toxicity, which this community is pretty well known for (your personal insult to my skill above included in that by the way.) Right now, as it stands, your reasoning is "because Disord exists." Which isn't a reason...

    Also you're forgetting there's no pre-game chat on PS4, and no Discord. You're thinking with a very narrowed PC centered perspective. On console you have to personally invite all 3 players to a party beforehand, which 90% of the time they won't accept, because they don't know who you are and don't even realize you're in the lobby with them OR they're already in a party with a friend.

    You're also grossly exaggerating how many 4 man SWFs there are. The majority of players are either Solos or just Duos, but not 4 mans in Discord. So based on that small percentage of 4 man SWF lobbies, you want to turn EVERY lobby into a 4 man SWF lobby and then balance from there? Seems kind of...ridiculous, if not knee jerk, and definitely unnecessary. SWFs are their own separate thing and don't need to have the entire game balanced around them.

    You don't really address any of my points. But I'll counter your awful arguments anyway. Your last point is that I exaggerate how many people are 4 man SWF then immediately say that adding comms will also turn every game into a 4 man SWF. You SEVERELY overestimate the number of people who have a mic, use that mic in game, and actively use that mic to relay important information to the other players. I have played tons of games with voice comms (both ranked and unranked) and very rarely will everyone in the lobby have a mic or use their mic. Even more rare is someone using their mic to give relevant information. At best you will have someone relay where the killer is which isn't that difficult to figure out anyway. Usually within the first 30 seconds of a game I know what killer i'm going vs because almost all of them have some tell that notifies people. Console is completely irrelevant to me and should never be considered when looking at overall balancing. They should have their own individual balancing patches or they shouldn't matter when looking at the balancing. The overall negative impacts it would have on the game are much smaller than the benefits it could have. Like every other game in existence with voice comms, someone can easily just mute the players mics if they don't want to talk. No one is forcing them to communicate. The personal attacks happened because everything you are saying is idiotic and very poorly thought out. It's not worth addressing because you don't understand virtually anything you are speaking on. To your "solid reasoning" point, I already explained this. Twice. It allows the devs to balance the game for both SWF and solo queue. Sure, SWF isn't happening every game. But it's still very prevalent or the devs would just get rid of it. The overall negative impact it would have on the game wouldn't be that significant. Especially if they did what I already suggested (if you weren't awful at argumentation and comprehension) is to balance the game around voice comms being a thing. It would solve a lot of the issues and wouldn't have that much of a negative impact. Your don't have a solid argument against it and you can't form a solid argument against it. Your only "argument" is that you don't like it and you keep throwing horrible premises to support your argument. It's just a really really bad argument.

  • Lore wise is because some of them don't speak the same language but gestures are universal. In game wise idk. It should be an option for people who want it but at the same time party systems exist on most versions so what's the point of making your own? Idk would be nice to have but isn't a priority right imo.

  • It’s like people can’t handle a mute button in these comments. Optional chat wouldn’t hurt anyone though would give an edge to some survivors if they decide to use it. I enjoy solo but I also enjoyed this game a lot with friends before they stopped playing. Would be nice to More easily make more already in the game. Chat would be a great addition for consoles where creating a group is difficult

  • @StevePerryPsychOut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787261#Comment_787261

    If the gap between the experience of solo and swf isn't closed you will doom killers to forever be dunked on by swf. The point of giving solo survivor communication options is so that killers can be balanced in a way that they have the tools to truly challenge swf.

    No one likes SWF groups, so why make solo survivors as strong as them? it literally makes no sense. A better idea would be too have two modes, Casual and Ranked, where Ranked only allows 2 man SWF, and Casual can have any number, that way it's much more balanced then a 4 man SWF but it doesn't kill the feeling of ranking up with a friend.

1 2 3