I can't understand the absence of a voice chat

Sorry but I can't understand this sentence: "We do not have voice chat in our game as we feel this would ruin the survivor experience. However, you are able to use certain gestures in order to communicatewith other players".

I really can't immagine anything bad for this game if a voice chat is implemented. I am main killer so not that big of a problem, but already on this forum I keep on reading that the overall experience of a solo surv is not that great.

Surely a voice chat will help to create a bare minium coordination among surv.

Let me know if you do agree that with a voice chat the experience will be ruined.

Comments

  • And I can't understand why anybody would handicap themselves putting up with random strangers creating noise pollution making hard to tune into the environment

    I saw how voice chat worked in Friday the 13th - it was awful. Ended up muting everybody.

    I already see how toxic this community is on botht he forums in in post chat, I don't need to hear you squeakers talk about how much I supposedly suck for killing your pixels.

    Use a damn keyboard like everybody else you lazy twirps.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/786345#Comment_786345

    SWF is tolerated because 1) there's absolutely no way to enforce a ban on using 3rd party chat 2) people like to be social and play games with friends - and they often like to speak with said friends during a game. To take that away will diminish the appeal of a game for quite a significant portion of the player base.

    So let's keep a clearly unbalanced and obviously unfair advantage to solo survivors just so friends can play together. As long as they're having fun who cares if the killer or other solo survivors in the match are having fun.

    My problem isn't that you can play with friends, its the extreme amount of free perks and knowledge you get at all times that was never intended for the game. Yet after a review bomb they added it in without balancing the game around it. Now we HAVE to suffer with the toxic groups who abuse it because there is no way to not deal with it.

    In my personal experience unless I'm nurse they are usually a toxic group who genrush and try to bully 4/10 games. Is that really fun for me or any survivors getting sand bagged?

  • Built in voice chat is single-handily the worst thing to ever implement into an online game.....I remember the very first time I played Friday the 13th...the amount of homophobic and racist ######### people constantly spewed, and the random loud music, fans and crap...was well enough for me. No, this game would not benefit from that at all, no matter if there was an odd match out that did.....


    The community (which fyi, is more than the ppl,posting on here) is pretty damn bad...giving people that tool,is BEGGING for harassment and abuse...no thanks. The fact people don't think of that is kinda baffling to me

  • Despite everything, I think the real reason we will never get voice chat is the cost and moderation headache. Every game has toxicity and drama on voice comms, and they also have ways to mute or opt-out and report people. That's money and time, which is why some devs leave it up to the platform options or external voice chat. I do think it would be funny and very hostile to have them on PS4 but don't see it happening.

  • I don't want to voice chat with randoms in order to have a fair match. The game should be balanced in a way that voice chat isn't required. The only way is by buffing solos.

  • @Elegant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/788915#Comment_788915

    You don't really address any of my points. But I'll counter your awful arguments anyway. Your last point is that I exaggerate how many people are 4 man SWF then immediately say that adding comms will also turn every game into a 4 man SWF. You SEVERELY overestimate the number of people who have a mic, use that mic in game, and actively use that mic to relay important information to the other players. I have played tons of games with voice comms (both ranked and unranked) and very rarely will everyone in the lobby have a mic or use their mic. Even more rare is someone using their mic to give relevant information. At best you will have someone relay where the killer is which isn't that difficult to figure out anyway. Usually within the first 30 seconds of a game I know what killer i'm going vs because almost all of them have some tell that notifies people. Console is completely irrelevant to me and should never be considered when looking at overall balancing. They should have their own individual balancing patches or they shouldn't matter when looking at the balancing. The overall negative impacts it would have on the game are much smaller than the benefits it could have. Like every other game in existence with voice comms, someone can easily just mute the players mics if they don't want to talk. No one is forcing them to communicate. The personal attacks happened because everything you are saying is idiotic and very poorly thought out. It's not worth addressing because you don't understand virtually anything you are speaking on. To your "solid reasoning" point, I already explained this. Twice. It allows the devs to balance the game for both SWF and solo queue. Sure, SWF isn't happening every game. But it's still very prevalent or the devs would just get rid of it. The overall negative impact it would have on the game wouldn't be that significant. Especially if they did what I already suggested (if you weren't awful at argumentation and comprehension) is to balance the game around voice comms being a thing. It would solve a lot of the issues and wouldn't have that much of a negative impact. Your don't have a solid argument against it and you can't form a solid argument against it. Your only "argument" is that you don't like it and you keep throwing horrible premises to support your argument. It's just a really really bad argument.

    Your arguments kinda contradict themselves.

    Since a 4 man SWF is such a major issue (last stats were around 6% of survivors joined a lobby that way) how would balancing for voice chat for everyone then help if like you stated the amount of people who have a mic is much lower than people think and on top of that most solo won't chat anyway.

    Doesnt that actually say more about why adding voice chat would be worse for the game overall than actually better since they effectively then shut out more options from the largest part of the player base solo and 2 man SWF (82%) from being able to do as well.

    Right now the balance for the majority is SWF>killers>solo so would it not just make solo even weaker and players would then in theory have to use comms to be able to do as well as they can now.

    What then happens to those that don't have a mic? Are in a region where multiple languages are present so they dont have the option to communicate as they don't understand each other? Bought the game on the pretence there was no voice chat due to a disability Etc.

  • I genuinely love how you guys think voice chat is bad, but basically ignore swf voice chat...######### hilarious.

  • Maybe like in "Friday the 13th". New survivor item: The Walkie-Talkie.

  • when I solo I don’t want to voice chat. I also don’t want to have to repeatedly mute people Bc it will just feel bad.

  • Voice chat is a terrible idea.

    Swf is already very powerful

  • I don't think you need direct voice chat to be coordinate in this game. I think just simple notifications like knowing which person is getting chased (obsession mechanic), knowing that someone is going for a unhook and knowing where you should loop the killer(away from teammate) is all you really need to be successful at solo. Finding teammate for healing can also be useful in some instances.Technically Dwight Perk Bond accomplishes all of these goals, however a lot of players don't want to really use a perk slot to play to the level of SWF and then they blame that their solo experience is miserable because they're trying to solo carry in a game that somewhat requires teamwork.

  • I really enjoy playing this game solo and if I was forced on voice coms it would ruin the immersion.

    That being said its no secret that cheat with friends breaks the game in every way possible with voice coms and I hope it gets addressed some day.

  • I was woundering why there isnt a voice chat they should really add that survivors only though comunication would be key to winning a trial. Yet again it would be an undair advantage to the killer. Dam it now im stuck "-_-

  • I'm sure this has been answered already but I don't feel like reading all the comments. Essentially, the game was originally designed to not have SWF, because the Devs loved that it added an uncertainty in terms of the skills of your teammates and your ability to properly work together without communicating. It was supposed to add an extra element of surprise and horror to each match. But right before release they decided to add a SWF option due to the alarmingly large requests from players (if I remember correctly)

1 2 3 ›