Doctor Mains: What Rework/Buff Would You Like To See For Him?
With BHVR's announcement of Herman Carter being on next list of killers to be reworked or buffed I'm curious if any mains of him have any advice or personal opinions on how to make him a viable killer.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Moldy Electrode base kit, for one.
I second this, his basic shock range is pretty terrible any exact numbers on how long it is basekit?
No movement speed penalty during the charge of his shock, increased blocked interactions from 1.3 to 1.8 or 2 seconds if possible and moldy electrode range for base kit. Would like to see an add-on that decreases charge time as well.
I wouldn't go as far as the Moldy electrode 25% increase. I'd go more for a 10 or 15% increase. That way I could keep the same charge time (remember that moldy electrode increases charge time, and I REALLY DONT WANT THAT.
In exchange for a range increase on the base power, All the electrodes can take a small nerf to give them the same range they had previously pre-buff.
Interview Tape - Love this thing. Railgun Doc is great for Memes.
Scrapped Tape - Scrap it or change it. The donut ring shock is the most useless addin he has. Personally, I'd have it shorten his range 10% but increase the width of his shock considerably. Or, you can just get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the donut and make it a solid circle of shock - that would be usable as well.
Calm Addin - The purple version is really the only good version of this one (Green version missing?) Stacking a brown and yellow is still not as good as a purple. I'd add a green version and consider buffing the yellow and brown to make them a bit more viable.
Order Addin - these are the fake pallets. Good addin, doesn't need changing.
Discipline - One of my favorite addins, moves the red stain to the survivor for a period of time. Great for mind games in maze tiles and keep track of people in corn fields. I have no complaints about this add in.
Restraint - Let's you see auras of your illusionary doubles. Decent addin, i have no issues with it.
Obedience - Purple only addin. makes snap out of it longer and causes exaustion in tier 3 madness. Seems, in theory, to be a good addin. But I've never had a cause to use it.
Iri King - I can't remember the last time I hear this was an unfair addin. And yet, I find it to be a fun addin to use.
For his second Iri - I'd like to see the devs add the illusionary Gen idea I've been pushing and refining for the past month. I have two versions that I'm considering, but the core idea is that survivors can interact with these illusions until they've gotten about 20-25% complete - then they should explode and disappear into a shower of sparks and the docs laughter. HOW the generator's appear is what I'm debating
But that's more or less my rough idea how I'd like to see Doc looked at. His base kit of what his madness does is fine on it's own as far as I'm concerned.
Anything that makes him even more obnoxious. Fake generators, making dull totems appear lit, having the doctor illusions chase people around, making the hud show people in the wrong states (Injured instead of healthy, etc.) maybe an addon that causes deafness in madness 3 (Like Hag's ear addon) etc.
I also want the shock's delay to be removed and moldy electrode base kit.
For complete addon overhauls I predict it'll be Scrapped Tape or Maple Knight. Both addons are pretty useless and Maple Knight should be turned into an ultra rare to go along with iridescent queen.
I also predict just like Wraith some addons will be "Decommissioned" given they have names like "Carters Notes" and "Class 1/2/3" which is related to rarity. Since his addon rarities are "Abnormal" to the current DBD Killer Standard (4 common, 5 uncommon, 5 rare, 4 very rare, 2 ultra rare) they will likely have rarity changes and name changes.
He's kinda in strange spot. Everything that doctor has is what every other killer has, but stronger. For example, If you want to use fake pallets, you'll just play Freddy. You want to hide red glow or play stealth killer with calm add-on's? Ghostface. You want to have a bit better chase game with exhaust/shock? Play a killer whose good at the chase. Spirit, Huntress,Nurse etc. I remember when dbd first game out and people used to be scared of being in madness and now it's like you could care less about being in madness.
I'm expecting a new ultra-rare add-on that hopefully makes doctor competitive at higher ranks of the game. I remember that he used to be able to see survivor's aura when they were snapping out with nurse calling and that gave him some good information so that would be a cool add-on to use. My opinion would be to increase base range to Moldy Electrode and change range add-on decrease charge time or increase movement when shocking. That would improve his chase game by like a mile.
The stun on doctor shock is indicated at the bottom of the survivor UI next to the perks. It's like 2 seconds long. If you make it too long, than doctor loses his some of skill-cap which is all about getting inside your opponents head and timing shocks, animation canceling modes and using his madness as information tool for juggling.
While they're at it, I hope they give Overwhelming Presence another look. I can't remember the last time I've seen that one let alone used it myself. His other two perks get plenty of use. Especially MnA
I've had these ideas for a couple of months now. I think adding all of these ideas would bring him up to the top 5. I'm not sure about ideas for adjusting the other add-ons (he doesn't meet the current Killer add-on standards).
I think Maple Knight should be base kit (see the outline of your shock attack) so you can see what you can hit with the scrapped+interview tape combo and railgun doc, which use 2 add-ons.
I would keep Maple Knight common and replace it with this:
Maple Knight
I'd like to see the fake Doctors randomly lunge at people. But I'm a Legion main so my input is limited admittingly.
Just make him not as annoying to play against, that's all I ask. Make tier 3 madness stronger in some way, remove / reduce the interaction interrupt, make some afflictions base kit at certain tiers but allow survivors to completely snap out of it (not just tier 3 back to 2), bringing survivors back to normal in exchange for time (you would have to snap out of it once for every tier of madness). Also I'd like to see it if madness would only go up passively once they had been inflicted with madness manually (nerf to "the game" Doc) however, passive madness would go up at a quicker rate.
Longer range shock therapy and Iridescent King baked in. Long range shock is minimum because a Doctor without it is weak sauce. Without King the madness is dull and generic. It certainly would put him in a better tier and is certainly feasible when you look at what Freddy and Spirit can do. They feel powerful when played. Doc doesn't.
Basicly he need a more reliable shock (longer default range and less finicky) and some real pressure through his Madness. Not just off center skill checks that don't actually do anything because they are just as easy to hit as normal ones and hallucination that are very obvious and also don't really do anything to the survivors.
I wouldn't even know where to start. It would be really hard to make madness matter against good survivors, without making it even more obnoxious and overwhelming to beginners. It probably need to be redesigned, but I have no idea what direction the devs want to go with this.
Not a Doctor Main, but I hope his rework/buff whatever is purely about making him less obnoxious to go against.
As it stands there's no reason to play Doctor unless you just want to piss off other players. He's not in a good enough state to be a killing machine, but more just ''How can I piss off other people today?"
Polished Electrode.
Mouldy Electrode is still too short IMO.
I see some decent ideas in this thread. I'd like to add one: Make Madness level 2 more threatening. Right now, it really doesn't debilitate survivors all that much, especially with no add-ons. Until you get to level 3, experienced survivors can shrug off most of the effects from Madness.
As a Doctor main I love being obnoxious and I hope he becomes even more annoying.
A simple change that I think would make his passive "madness/random placement" skillchecks more viable is to have them sometimes go counter-clockwise.
Significantly increase the amount of hallucinations. After 3 seconds they all home towards the Survivor and your fov is drastically reduced until snapped out.
Id like to see more effects to the survivors when they are in the snap out phase - Blindness, murkier field of view.
All of this would be nice, but thought I should note that his current time for blocking interactions from a shock is 2.5 seconds.
Moldy shock as base range, less of a slowdown whilst charging, with a faster charge time then doc has now. Be able to swap between treatment and punishment faster. Have tier effects be more prominent and less annoying whilst giving him more of a map presence (ie regressing gens that aren't being worked on outside of his terror radius in treatment mode where it is the largest, with the more people being in madness the higher the regression). Skillchecks etc should be harder outside of his terror radius, with that portion of treatment and madness being tied mostly towards finding people through them being periodically revealed through screams.
Also tie his less useful add-ons together. Shock therapy should insta tier 3, but the benefits should be less. It should also be harder to remove tier 3 similar to Freddy's sleep. Shock therapy add-ons should give it additional effects (hiding the doctor's terror radius and red stain briefly, a hindered effect, making everyone in his terror radius scream when he shocks someone etc.) The range add-ons should be kept as is but have slightly reduced charge time debuffs. The circle shock addon should be changed to instead decrease charge time for an instant shock. Also he should have an add-on that decreases his terror radius to zero in both modes whilst still allowing him to shock for a truly stealth doc, at the expense of losing a lot of his kit and tracking.
An iridecent queen add-on should be added as his second ultra rare, making his terror radius global in treatment and 16 in punishment. Drawback being they can't get to tier 3 so it's mostly just for periodic reveals and hiding his position (ie a stealth add-on despite the terror radius)
Tier 3 should no longer block the use of items, however it should increase the charges they use slightly.
Basically terror radius = finding people/ no terror radius = debuffs and madness,
And shock is more useful in chase by being more easily accessible and swapable, with a higher range and less slowdown allowing him to more easily break loops and force pallets.
3 gen doc would no longer be a thing as so long as there outside of your terror radius the effects on gens occur whilst in a 3 gen situation there always close together which would take away the debuff.
What's the biggest complaint about Doctor? I know three gen pops up a lot. I bet the Devs changes something about him so three gen dragged out games won't be possible anymore.
More fake stuff, fake Pallets & Doctors is cute, but i'd like to see them start working on a Generator or Totem for example, but it poofs out of existence.
Melee hits should increase madness by a tier
Make the screams from shocks that stop survivors from vaulting or dropping pallets more reliable, in order to give him good anti-loop.