So sick of tunneling

Over 5hrs of playing and 99% of games are killers that use ruin and tunnel super hard. Just git gud at the ######### game already

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Also what rank are you in?

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/772832#Comment_772832

    Ok.

    Why?

    Killers don't know you specifically. And statistically even if every Killer would tunnel one person the whole game like you are suggesting that'd still would only lead to you being tunneled 25% of the time.

    So the only explanation is that something you do for whatever reason makes Killers more likely to want to tunnel you.

    Maybe you tbag a lot, maybe the loops you use trigger people, maybe your skin is super eye catching, I haven't seen you play so I can't say what it is.

    But if you (and not your entire team one by one) are being tunneled as often as you say you are then that doesn't add up unless something you are doing makes you more likely to be tunneled.

    Can you describe your playstyle, build and Survivor to me please?

    I don't tea bag at all, i play both so i know what it's like. I also like to play stealthy so i don't tend to get into to many chases. I don't really go for the flashy clothing either so i shouldn't stand out that much. I pick perks like urban evasion/spine chill/self care(can't rely on teammates to heal)/prove thyself. I play more on the stealthy side so killers don't see me much. I'm not the greatest at jukeing and looping but after today thats changed. I don't think i'm doing to get the killers on me, i think i've just had the worse bad luck to break statistics. i've gone from rank 9 to 7 today.

  • @martin27 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/772897#Comment_772897

    I don't tea bag at all, i play both so i know what it's like. I also like to play stealthy so i don't tend to get into to many chases. I don't really go for the flashy clothing either so i shouldn't stand out that much. I pick perks like urban evasion/spine chill/self care(can't rely on teammates to heal)/prove thyself. I play more on the stealthy side so killers don't see me much. I'm not the greatest at jukeing and looping but after today thats changed. I don't think i'm doing to get the killers on me, i think i've just had the worse bad luck to break statistics. i've gone from rank 9 to 7 today.

    Yeah idk then. I'd just keep playing and see if it stops since statistically it shouldn't happen even with an active effort from the Killer to tunnel as much as possible.

    It might be because you were a weak looper and thus once they found you they got a quick down and just kept doing that, but so long as you improve there like you say you've been doing that explanation won't stay true for long.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    camping --> deliverance + decisive strike

    tunneling --> decisive strike

    slugging --> unbreakable

    killer camping your teammates --> borrowed time

    noed --> Detective's Hunch or small game

    bad at survivor? --> git gud

    Farming --> decisive strike + borrowed time + unbreakable + tenacity

  • Just don’t be in low ranks don’t use unnatural hair colors and don’t run object of obsession. Boom no more tunneling

  • Indeed you are easy to chase. With Urban Evasion and SB you telling me, you don't want to be found and don't want to be chased, but after the SB is on cool down you have nothing that would help you to avoid a hit or exploit loops, like DH or BL. Thanks to Prove Thyself you are also easily found with Discordance or gen patrolling, what voids UE to a degree.

    That also means, that when you finish a gen, you either use your SB to get away and losing your Exhaustion Perk or try to UE your way away. With no Spine Chill or Alert you need a really good map awareness and notion of where the killer is, to not bump into him.

    The new Fixated Perk might be helpful in your stealth oriented build instead of Prove Thyself.

    It would let you move faster and helps you to mindgame the killer with the scratch marks and UE.

    Just keep in mind, most good killers have good ears and can hear you, especially when you are injured by a surprise hit.

    Wish you good luck and have fun in the fog.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    Just don’t be in low ranks don’t use unnatural hair colors and don’t run object of obsession. Boom no more tunneling

    I wouldn't call purple ranks low ranks

  • Sorry for not using your pronouns. Lmao

  • It's funny because survivors still won't run DS and BT.

  • Please drop urban evasion.

    take adrenaline or any other perk

    also dead hard is better thansprint burst for solo queuing

  • @premiumRICE said:

    Please drop urban evasion.

    take adrenaline or any other perk

    also dead hard is better thansprint burst for solo queuing

    Don't have dead hard unlocked. Also urban evasion usually works out for me.

  • Everything you listed is stuff i don't do.

  • @suli033 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/772356#Comment_772356

    Annoying the killer regardless of rank seems to be just by looping them for a couple/all GENS, which results in face camping and tunneling.

    This is fairly true. Its frustrating. If a game is over before I've gotten my start, then I say f-it and start to dink around.

    You wasted my time enough with loops (I know... git gud), abused DS (IE flaunting it by not running away and making yourself the OBVIOUS target still), etc... The goal of my game changes. My idea of 'winning' changes. I'm not throwing salt, part of my fun of this game is making sure cocky players die on the hook. Hell, changing your own objective as killer is the variety-spice this game sometimes needs.


    Bottom line though -

    If you're constantly feeling like you're being tunneled its for two reasons:

    A.) You keep doing something to piss of killers off to the point they don't care about the others escaping and just want to see you die.

    B.) You're not very good at hiding, or chases. You're the wounded prey. Survival of the fittest is taking over.

  • @martin27 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/774732#Comment_774732

    Don't have dead hard unlocked. Also urban evasion usually works out for me.

    how exactly works for you if you get tunneled?

    Also unlock DH cause its the best exh perk

  • @Lucama said:

    If you get hard focused every game then sorry to say, but you're the weak link of the team. At least in terms of looping. Most killers have adapted the most effective hunting strategy in the world, going after the member of the group that's easiest to take down. After all, the most effective way to win in DbD is reducing the effective number of survivors working on generators.

    Funny thing, the same tactics apply to warfare, as well. If you strike the enemy where they are weakest, and eliminate the weakest members of the enemy's army first, you will almost always have a better chance of victory.

  • Are you playing solo? Just accept that the experience in solo can be pretty garbage. You need swf (good team mates tho) with bt, insta heals and DS. Good luck and have fun destroying tunneling killers life :)

  • @Boss said:

    Take it as a compliment.

    They clearly recognize you as the most dangerous of the bunch.

    That's extremely optimistic. Tunnel killers tend to do the opposite -- they tunnel you because you're the weak link.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    camping --> deliverance + decisive strike

    tunneling --> decisive strike

    slugging --> unbreakable

    killer camping your teammates --> borrowed time

    noed --> Detective's Hunch or small game

    bad at survivor? --> git gud

    Now if only there were some way to equip all those perks at the same time...

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/772292#Comment_772292

    That's extremely optimistic. Tunnel killers tend to do the opposite -- they tunnel you because you're the weak link.

    That's extremely pessimistic, i often see them take out the best one because they'd be way too much trouble later on.

  • If killers are tunneling you, then do what I do. Just stay in the basement the entire game. Or just run DH and WGLF. It makes every hit or safe hook rescue you take give more bloodpoints, up to 4. Or just run some different perks, experiment, maybe try Plunderers. Or just play killer.

  • I'm sick of the fact that 90% of the time people use the phrase tunneling it's not actually tunneling.

    No Claudette just because you got unhooked and then ran into me does not mean I tunnelled you if you got downed.

    No Jake just because you have a bear trap on does not mean me looking in your direction is tunneling.

    No Meg if I haven't to find you again before I found anybody else I did not tunnel you.


    And No Dwight just in case the above or any other situations happened to you does not mean you deserve a temporary truce.

    Also if for whatever reason whether it be trying to get a flashlight save or a quick rescue you willingly come to me then act like I'm either blind or deaf and won't attack you that's on you. So no I didn't tunnelled you, your dumbass came to me


    If the killer is going out of their way to exclusively chase after you and ignoring other people even though more advantageous to down them that is tunneling.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97051/so-sick-of-tunneling

    I had this issue last night, every single killer was tunneling hard. So I called up my SWF group, had everyone switch to their most aggressive builds, and we spent the next 8 hours forcing killers to Rage Quit. Good times.

    Ya'll hard bodied yo

  • Tunneling and camping are part of playing killer. They have their time and place and a killer can decide to do it for a number of reason. Complaining about it is the same as killers crying 'gen rush' and 'body blocking'.

    Plus there are perks that directly counter these, use them if you are so bothered.

    The killer's job description is in the title and they can use any tools/ strategies to accomplish it... same as survivors.

  • Ruin is fine it is tunneling that drives me bonkers

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/772292#Comment_772292

    Doubtful. Super tunneling killers rarely do it because they consider that person a threat.

    Yeah it is ussually the other way around.

    Kill the weak link first not the most challenging.

  • @Boss said:

    Take it as a compliment.

    They clearly recognize you as the most dangerous of the bunch.

    Or the weak link

  • Comments from +1 years ago can look worse over time.

  • Getting tunneled doesn't mean the Killer is bad. It means you suck at evading the Killer.


    How about YOU "git gud"?

  • Play stealthier. Can’t be tunnelled if you’re never found in the first place.

  • If you're having trouble being tunneled by killers try using a juke build so you can disengage from the killer.

    The best juke build is: Iron Will, Lithe, Dance With me, Quick and Quiet.

    All perks are available with base characters except Lithe, which needs Feng Min. Easy build to get and will greatly increase your chances of survival when being tunneled.

  • And I just realized this is another necro.

  • @martin27 said:

    Over 5hrs of playing and 99% of games are killers that use ruin and tunnel super hard. Just git gud at the ######### game already

    99% of killers do not tunnel you. Ruin without undying is absolute trash. And even with undying.. is not really difficult.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    And I just realized this is another necro.

    Yeah, same person to. They necroed a few today.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1923216#Comment_1923216

    Comments from +1 years ago can look worse over time.

    Lmao sorry I didn't look at the time stamp

  • use the new DS :D and enjoy it its soo good

1 2 ›