No Word From Mods/Community Manager in Over 13 Pages?

What’s going on, where is the involvement?

Comments

  • They're following the "let's do what fortnite does" route, and now going dark on all social media.


    /s

  • People have no idea what you're talking about

  • @Blueberry said:

    People have no idea what you're talking about

    13 pages of forum posts I meant. They haven’t been active in the community it seems.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762116#Comment_762116

    13 pages of forum posts I meant. They haven’t been active in the community it seems.

    So what is the concern exactly? We know they're active because they've been closing/moving posts recently. Unless there's a post that requires attention or is asking a question of them directly I don't see why they would respond other than just out of their own personal fun.

  • What thread are you talking about?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762118#Comment_762118

    So what is the concern exactly? We know they're active because they've been closing/moving posts recently. Unless there's a post that requires attention or is asking a question of them directly I don't see why they would respond other than just out of their own personal fun.

    They used to. It's only recently they've distanced themselves.

    The used to do weekly streams and have constant involvement on the forums, twitter, and reddit.

    Ever since the third anniversary special they've grown increasingly quiet.

  • Legit on the third page it showed a mod icon sooo...

  • the devs in this game are in touch with the community even if it takes a while sometimes

    unlike some other devs

    I'm looking at you Overwatch team

  • They are probably hard at work getting the Mid Chapter patch ready for launch. We can't expect them too be on 24/7. I had a mod on my discussion because people were getting unruly. Plus, a lot of the discussion have been repeats of other posts, so it's kind of a time waste too repeat the same thing over and over again.

  • @yandere777 said:

    Legit on the third page it showed a mod icon sooo...

    @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762118#Comment_762118

    So what is the concern exactly? We know they're active because they've been closing/moving posts recently. Unless there's a post that requires attention or is asking a question of them directly I don't see why they would respond other than just out of their own personal fun.

    That’s a dev saying to follow the forum rules. That’s not exactly constructive. If they just move the post to a different category it says “mod.” It doesn’t mean there’s any real involvement.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    They are probably hard at work getting the Mid Chapter patch ready for launch. We can't expect them too be on 24/7. I had a mod on my discussion because people were getting unruly. Plus, a lot of the discussion have been repeats of other posts, so it's kind of a time waste too repeat the same thing over and over again.

    Community managers aren't game developers.

    @Peanits started a Q&A thread a few days ago to collect questions about the upcoming patch, so I suspect that is where they are trying to centralize their response to any pertinent concerns.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762348#Comment_762348

    Community managers aren't game developers.

    @Peanits started a Q&A thread a few days ago to collect questions about the upcoming patch, so I suspect that is where they are trying to centralize their response to any pertinent concerns.

    Doesn't mean they aren't devs themselves, and even if they aren't they can still help the devs with testing and whatnot.

  • Previous experience says that in between PTB and release, the official input into threads is pretty minimal.

  • They're probably taking a break or something. :/

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    What’s going on, where is the involvement?

    What's going on?

    Well, other countries exist besides yours, and it's currently a holiday weekend in the country that employs the devs.

    Where is the involvement?

    Hopefully it's with their families, at home, enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95887/no-word-from-mods-community-manager-in-over-13-pages

    What's going on?

    Well, other countries exist besides yours, and it's currently a holiday weekend in the country that employs the devs.

    Where is the involvement?

    Hopefully it's with their families, at home, enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday.

    Oh I’m sorry for asking for an answer that should have probably been addressed by a transparent company sooner, considering most of the playerbase reside OUTSIDE of Canada.

    Expecting us to know or to assume such a thing is the equivalent of me expecting you to know that it’s Ohi day in Greece in two weeks .

  • They probably got told "Nobody says anything until the dev Q&A."

    This is a major change that has annoyed a lot of people who enjoy abusing the most broken killer in the game, and it's probably best to not risk saying anything until the devstream Q&A which is basically scripted.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It’s probably for their mental health.

    There’s a lot of horrible or inflammatory stuff posted on these forums (generally speaking)

    I have to agree to be fair... The forums are like a lets make fun of the devs buffet.

  • It's Thanksgiving in Canada. Give them a break.

  • @Lambda said:

    It's Thanksgiving in Canada. Give them a break.

    I was just going to say this /\

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762546#Comment_762546

    Oh I’m sorry for asking for an answer that should have probably been addressed by a transparent company sooner, considering most of the playerbase reside OUTSIDE of Canada.

    Expecting us to know or to assume such a thing is the equivalent of me expecting you to know that it’s Ohi day in Greece in two weeks .

    God bless Ioannis Metaxas.

  • It's only just turned Tuesday here, Monday for them in Canada. I don't know if they had a special holiday on the Monday but still give them a break.

    If they're not around now they will be back soon. It's not like the forums are abandoned because they've moved and deleted threads they needed to in the last few days. They don't all work weekends if not at all.

  • They could just be taking a break. Never hurts to get up and go do things outside of the community. Gotta remember that these people have families and friends that they to support. :)

  • @Peanits

    The people need you.

  • Some of the posts in this thread are very embarrassing. I refuse to believe the entitled posts are from adults.

  • Maybe they're on Vacation Leave. Not healthy to be working 24/7 365 days a year.

  • So, I see this post wondering where the dev's have been with communicating to the public. And then I see others commenting on where they are currently.... so they obviously cannot communicate right now.

    The two seem to be different.... *scratches head*

  • They're definitely not working OT on customer support tickets^^; I jest..but am honestly do have a 3-week old ticket still in queue :(

  • @anarchy753 said:

    They probably got told "Nobody says anything until the dev Q&A."

    This is a major change that has annoyed a lot of people who enjoy abusing the most broken killer in the game, and it's probably best to not risk saying anything until the devstream Q&A which is basically scripted.

    "abusing the most broken killer". Your words tell me very much about your role and your rank, also your knowledge about the game.

    I think hardstuck purple/low red survivor, refusing to adapt your playstyle. Because many many people showed that the current base nurse is fine. I did a review about the current PTB nurse if you are interested.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/762690#Comment_762690

    "abusing the most broken killer". Your words tell me very much about your role and your rank, also your knowledge about the game.

    I think hardstuck purple/low red survivor, refusing to adapt your playstyle. Because many many people showed that the current base nurse is fine. I did a review about the current PTB nurse if you are interested.

    Classy, I'm actually a red rank killer player, and just because not all of us only play games by finding the most overpowered thing and spamming it, doesn't mean I'm a survivor player.

    Nurse needed to be taken down a notch.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/763268#Comment_763268

    Classy, I'm actually a red rank killer player, and just because not all of us only play games by finding the most overpowered thing and spamming it, doesn't mean I'm a survivor player.

    Nurse needed to be taken down a notch.

    Longer her fatigue about 0.x seconds then. The cooldown, especially the complete reset of the cooldown after a blink, is not a slight tweak, it's a massive nerf.

  • Just a quick reminder that the community team is made of human beings, with schedules, jobs, families, so don't expect everyone posting in here 24/7, there's also a lot of work to do in the background that needs to be taken care of.

  • @Rizzo said:

    Just a quick reminder that the community team is made of human beings, with schedules, jobs, families, so don't expect everyone posting in here 24/7, there's also a lot of work to do in the background that needs to be taken care of.

    Thank you. This post was just silly.

  • It's not a nerf (about Nurse). It's a change. Get over it, learn to play it, or move on. She's still the same at her core, you just can't spam blink-chains back to back. Big deal, add-ons were brought up to par and work with it.

  • @Rizzo said:

    Just a quick reminder that the community team is made of human beings, with schedules, jobs, families, so don't expect everyone posting in here 24/7, there's also a lot of work to do in the background that needs to be taken care of.

    Thanks @Rizzo90 I know they’re human beings who live eat and breath air just like the rest of us. My concern was that this is the longest I’ve seen silence since the forums began.

  • The reason why you didn't see any activity from our team is because BHVR is a Canadian company and last weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada. We were off spending time with our families. We're still around quite a bit during the week.

  • @Peanits said:

    The reason why you didn't see any activity from our team is because BHVR is a Canadian company and last weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada. We were off spending time with our families. We're still around quite a bit during the week.

    Crazy echo in here ;3

    Hope you all enjoyed it, but don't you dare forget about Ohi Day in Greece in two weeks!