NOED does NOT rewards the killer for playing badly

I keep reading it all over the forums: "NOED is such a crutch perk because it rewards the killer for being bad", and I believe this can't be further from the truth.

You, as a killer, can play good and still have the 5 gens completed, specially if you're using low-tier characters.

NOED doesn't rewards the killer for playing bad, it penalizes bad survivor gameplay.

Another thing some people have been asking is for a totem counter on the HUD, this wouldn't just be a big nerf to NOED but also a buff to gens. Because if the counter reachs zero, no one will spend time searching for totems and they instead will do gens. And we have enough of gens speed complaints already right?

NOED is not a crutch perk nor an OP one, just cleanse the totems. :)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Actually, could you help me get the killer mission where i get a 4k? I only know how to play survivor and be entitled, not play killer, which is the good side of the player base

  • @WickedKatz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758650#Comment_758650

    You hook a survivor, and in less than 60 seconds you find a survivor and down him, hook him, find another one and it is the person with ds. I dont believe your games are like this, sorry

    Yep, Im sorry to tell you that this happens to a lot of people. Try watching some red rank killer gameplays, or even better, play killer yourself.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758661#Comment_758661

    so lets see.... dead hard one health state decisive strike one health state borrowed time a health state for your teammate adrenaline another health state combine them all and the survivors have 3 health states + the 2 health states that your teammates give you with borrowed time increase that by four and that is 20 health states a game... balanced indeed

    Yeah, all the perks give you endurance. They dont have conditions where they are active and they work multiple times. How could i forget, last night i hit a survivor 7 times while playing killer

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758672#Comment_758672

    Yep, Im sorry to tell you that this happens to a lot of people. Try watching some red rank killer gameplays, or even better, play killer yourself.

    @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758672#Comment_758672

    Yep, Im sorry to tell you that this happens to a lot of people. Try watching some red rank killer gameplays, or even better, play killer yourself.

    As i told the friend over there, i cant play killer, i am a very entitled survivor and can only acess one side of the game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758683#Comment_758683

    well noed don't activate all time either all you need to do is touch those cute bones 😺

    I already do, still a ######### perk

  • I think I found the person that could not ESCAPE DEATH T_T

  • I found an actual picture of @WickedKatz and the survivor mains posting on NOED threads


    282.png


  • @WickedKatz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758552#Comment_758552

    Low tier killers are more related to the variety of perks and playstyles you can use with them, as well as how easy to learn they are. You play nurse for 2 games, you can 4k against a good swf. You put hours into playing Clown, you will get destroyed by any players you face. But with the right build for say, Clown, you can wreck Swf and you can play at red ranks, against very optimal survivors. So my point is, all killers can be very effective with time and effort, and losing the first games you play with Wraith or Bubba doesn't mean they require Noed to be played

    Really? I've played Legion since they came out and still get stomped at times. Wanna try again?

  • Also found the person that thinks the game should be over when generators are completed (I was very sad when they patched all the end game builds/perks out of the game because the entity just beams survivors up upon gen completion /s) T_T

    Also found the person that didn't mention that Adrenaline now activates in a 100% failure scenario (0 gens done, hatch closed, 3 survivors dead - nor even that the hatch is GUARANTEED to open every game regardless of generator progress), that NOED activation can occur because a killer was juggling survivors enough/applying enough pressure that doing totems was not possible (killer intent), that most times getting more than 1 kill off of NOED is a result of survivor spoonfeeding, and the cold, hard truth that NOED is one of the ONLY comeback mechanics killers have in the endgame (which, surprisingly, does not end until everyone is dead or escaped, even with the generators done :O)

    Then again, I'm not surprised that people have such narrow ideas and resort to histrionics - Someone called me out today for using Brutal Strength on Wraith @_@

    Edit - Actually seems like an invite to swap BS for NOED, given all the BS spouted here about it :D

  • @Frosty said:

    I found an actual picture of @WickedKatz and the survivor mains posting on NOED threads

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/312/OZT5CK8AL7FU.png

    Hey hey, no need to yell at people cause they disagree.


    Yall stay civil.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758704#Comment_758704

    Hey hey, no need to yell at people cause they disagree.

    Yall stay civil.

    There's disagreeing, and there's trolling.

    We musent feed the trolls.

  • BUT IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!

  • No survivor with a brain is going to spend (14secondsX5totems)70 seconds+search time on a perk that may not even be in play (noed was ran like 14% in yellow ranks in the may statistics) when they could repair,heal,search chests all of which 100% increase your odds of survival .So either killers get 70+ seconds of distractions (80 seconds for a gen) or a effortless exposed and 4% movement speed . The exposed allows a killer to easily secure a kill or waste a lot of time during the egc . People dislike this perk because it has bad counterplay and could get you camped to death with reliance on your teamates find the totem in time

  • I suppose a few Danishes couldn't hurt

  • @Frosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758740#Comment_758740

    There's disagreeing, and there's trolling.

    We musent feed the trolls.

    Just sayin friend!

  • @nickofford said:

    No survivor with a brain is going to spend (14secondsX5totems)70 seconds+search time on a perk that may not even be in play (noed was ran like 14% in yellow ranks in the may statistics) when they could repair,heal,search chests all of which 100% increase your odds of survival .So either killers get 70+ seconds of distractions (80 seconds for a gen) or a effortless exposed and 4% movement speed . The exposed allows a killer to easily secure a kill or waste a lot of time during the egc . People dislike this perk because it has bad counterplay and could get you camped to death with reliance on your teamates find the totem in time

    I mean... .there are numbers in there... but i'm not sure what you are even saying by the end.

  • These threads are just one big circle jerk echo chamber.

  • Appreciate the concern, you're one of the good ones

  • @Frosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758763#Comment_758763

    Appreciate the concern, you're one of the good ones

    I try! Just like I keep my Legion Rework thread alive!

  • Can I use NOED if i'm drank?

  • It actually is rewarding Killers who can’t complete their objective, but I digress.

    Most NOED users are plebs anyways. It’s almost never seen at R1. I think I played against 2 NOED killers all of this past season.

    I also run Small Game every match, so NOED gets smacked before it has the chance to come alive.

  • @altruistic said:

    It actually is rewarding Killers who can’t complete their objective, but I digress.

    Most NOED users are plebs anyways. It’s almost never seen at R1. I think I played against 2 NOED killers all of this past season.

    I also run Small Game every match, so NOED gets smacked before it has the chance to come alive.

    It is still popular in rank 1 from my experience. Just went against a freddy that absolutely destroyed us and he still had noed. Like, why even run noed when you play that good? There are also tons of nurses and spirits that use noed, it's basically to guarantee a 4k since no one will probably have time to cleanse all 5 totems anyway.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758930#Comment_758930

    It is still popular in rank 1 from my experience. Just went against a freddy that absolutely destroyed us and he still had noed. Like, why even run noed when you play that good? There are also tons of nurses and spirits that use noed, it's basically to guarantee a 4k since no one will probably have time to cleanse all 5 totems anyway.

    Spirit and Nurse both are probably the worst killers for finding survivors that are not on generators, due to their lower movement speed. Against them finish the last generator when they are not on you and hide somewhere near an exit gate. Then wait for them to check the gate and leave, then open it, or wait for them to attack someone else to check for NOED. You can instead also check the totems you found but haven't cleansed to possibly disable NOED.

  • @WickedKatz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95450/noed-does-not-rewards-the-killer-for-playing-badly

    Your post is further from the truth. NOED does reward bad players, since the main objective is to do gens and prevent gens. The survivors dont have to check all map for totems, noed activating doesnt mean bad survivor plays, it means the survivors were focused on doing gens. If you compared noed and adrenaline, which is the most common killer main thing to say, Noed activates if you dont do the Gatekeeper objective as killer, and Adrenaline activates if you do all of your objectives of the Lightbringer category. This means that noed is a noob perk, and it rewards players who cannot prevent gen completion

    I don't know when or how survivors got it in their head that killers have that much map control lmao

  • @WickedKatz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95450/noed-does-not-rewards-the-killer-for-playing-badly

    Your post is further from the truth. NOED does reward bad players, since the main objective is to do gens and prevent gens. The survivors dont have to check all map for totems, noed activating doesnt mean bad survivor plays, it means the survivors were focused on doing gens. If you compared noed and adrenaline, which is the most common killer main thing to say, Noed activates if you dont do the Gatekeeper objective as killer, and Adrenaline activates if you do all of your objectives of the Lightbringer category. This means that noed is a noob perk, and it rewards players who cannot prevent gen completion

    If you view things this way that is fine. Focus on the gens. But then don't complain if you get hit with NOED. That's all I'm saying.

  • @beatddb said:

    I keep reading it all over the forums: "NOED is such a crutch perk because it rewards the killer for being bad", and I believe this can't be further from the truth.

    You, as a killer, can play good and still have the 5 gens completed, specially if you're using low-tier characters.

    NOED doesn't rewards the killer for playing bad, it penalizes bad survivor gameplay.

    Another thing some people have been asking is for a totem counter on the HUD, this wouldn't just be a big nerf to NOED but also a buff to gens. Because if the counter reachs zero, no one will spend time searching for totems and they instead will do gens. And we have enough of gens speed complaints already right?

    NOED is not a crutch perk nor an OP one, just cleanse the totems. :)

    I agree. If you don't want to cleanse totems as survivor then that is fine, but don't complain when the killer then has NOED. As far as it being a perk that rewards bad gameplay, it CAN be. It's very controversial. When used on a lower tier killer than yes, it doesn't reward bad gameplay, but instead can just help you collect that final kill or two. However, because it is so easily accessed, newer players use it a lot and they rely heavily on it. Due to this they do not try to get better at other aspects such as gen control and literally use NOED just to reward their own gameplay. Of course they paid for the game, they can use whatever perk they want. Just wanted to point this out.

  • I am Killer main and I hate noed aswell^^ And your "solution" with just do totems is the same as "just get gud" you cant always run around the map and find totems 24/7. Especially on maps like, the game, underground complex, swamp etc. If you ever played survivor then you know that you are getting chased, you have to save ppl from hook, heal, do gens to get some pressure to the killer so he has to protect this area and kick the gens sometimes.

    I am not saying noed is op, but it is crutch for fact and rewards bad killers in that way because you dont have to do ANYTHING to get that effect, compare that with make your choice.

    You have to down a survivor, hook him, AND stay further then 32Meters while this guy gets saved to get for 60 sec ONLY 1 insta kill. And what for noed? Nothing. Same issue with adrenaline, you have to do nothing to get such a powerfull effect.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I am Killer main and I hate noed aswell^^ And your "solution" with just do totems is the same as "just get gud" you cant always run around the map and find totems 24/7. Especially on maps like, the game, underground complex, swamp etc. If you ever played survivor then you know that you are getting chased, you have to save ppl from hook, heal, do gens to get some pressure to the killer so he has to protect this area and kick the gens sometimes.

    I am not saying noed is op, but it is crutch for fact and rewards bad killers in that way because you dont have to do ANYTHING to get that effect, compare that with make your choice.

    You have to down a survivor, hook him, AND stay further then 32Meters while this guy gets saved to get for 60 sec ONLY 1 insta kill. And what for noed? Nothing. Same issue with adrenaline, you have to do nothing to get such a powerfull effect.

    Except adrenaline literally activates when you do your job, and noed activates when you dont

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758586#Comment_758586

    Really? I've played Legion since they came out and still get stomped at times. Wanna try again?

    That means nothing. During all the time the old legion was here, bloodhound was a top tier perk and you weren't supposed to chase. Now, the way you are supposed to play him is so different that it is almost a whole new killer. Put Corrupt Intervention on him, you will see survivors will stack on gens and make your life a whole lot easier. I really like running Pop, Corrupt, Enduring and Spirit Fury in him, the 2 last to help chases

  • @SinisterDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758496#Comment_758496

    I don't know when or how survivors got it in their head that killers have that much map control lmao

    Ever experienced a 3gen? I literally clutched a red rank match with pop and a 3 gen, and that was because i got demolished the first few minutes

  • @WickedKatz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95450/noed-does-not-rewards-the-killer-for-playing-badly

    Your post is further from the truth. NOED does reward bad players, since the main objective is to do gens and prevent gens. The survivors dont have to check all map for totems, noed activating doesnt mean bad survivor plays, it means the survivors were focused on doing gens. If you compared noed and adrenaline, which is the most common killer main thing to say, Noed activates if you dont do the Gatekeeper objective as killer, and Adrenaline activates if you do all of your objectives of the Lightbringer category. This means that noed is a noob perk, and it rewards players who cannot prevent gen completion

    The objective for the killer is to sacrifice all the survivors. Not prevent the gens. That just gets them killed quicker.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758496#Comment_758496

    The objective for the killer is to sacrifice all the survivors. Not prevent the gens. That just gets them killed quicker.

    Killers have 2 objectives valued equally in game, Gatekeeper and Sacrifice.

  • @beatddb said:

    I keep reading it all over the forums: "NOED is such a crutch perk because it rewards the killer for being bad", and I believe this can't be further from the truth.

    You, as a killer, can play good and still have the 5 gens completed, specially if you're using low-tier characters.

    NOED doesn't rewards the killer for playing bad, it penalizes bad survivor gameplay.

    Another thing some people have been asking is for a totem counter on the HUD, this wouldn't just be a big nerf to NOED but also a buff to gens. Because if the counter reachs zero, no one will spend time searching for totems and they instead will do gens. And we have enough of gens speed complaints already right?

    NOED is not a crutch perk nor an OP one, just cleanse the totems. :)

    Think is NoeD is a great perk that survivors fall victim to, but the problem is that the vast majority of killers who use it are bad and it rewards them for failure. I rarely if ever see a good killer use NoeD why is that? Even at rank 1 I hardly see any killer use it.

    So NoeD is in fact a great perk used by bad killers.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    It penalizes survivors laziness.

    I remember watching an Spanish streamer that said he runned NOED to counter "clowns that rushed trough gens"

    Not even an argument.

    Doing gens is the whole point for survivors, no such thing as gen rush or "laziness".

  • @beatddb said:

    I keep reading it all over the forums: "NOED is such a crutch perk because it rewards the killer for being bad", and I believe this can't be further from the truth.

    You, as a killer, can play good and still have the 5 gens completed, specially if you're using low-tier characters.

    NOED doesn't rewards the killer for playing bad, it penalizes bad survivor gameplay.

    Another thing some people have been asking is for a totem counter on the HUD, this wouldn't just be a big nerf to NOED but also a buff to gens. Because if the counter reachs zero, no one will spend time searching for totems and they instead will do gens. And we have enough of gens speed complaints already right?

    NOED is not a crutch perk nor an OP one, just cleanse the totems. :)

    I agree and disagree.

    While NOED has a clear and easy counter it can reward a bad/new killer.

    I have had games (I play solo) where the killer was getting dominated with gens flying left and right. I think they managed 1 hook. Gates get powered NOED pops then he gets 3 slugs and I escape.

    Did we do totems? No, and for that NOED procs that's fine, but did the killer show their performance or "play good" that game? No they didn't. NOED is the only reason they got a 3k in a game that we were easily outclassing the killer.

    So do I think NOED is OP? Nope.

    Do I think NOED rewards bad killers? Yes.

    So I do not think NOED is a problem that needs some "nerf" but I'm also not blinded by the fact that it plays an instrumental part of why some "bad/less skilled" killers make it into mid ranks. In high ranks you typically have the totems destroyed and NOED becomes a very rare surprise.

  • I mean it's not coincidence that many streamers and I by myself can call out that the killer will most likely have noed because of how BAD he plays.

  • @WickedKatz

    Well but the perk is still to strong for no requierment, I would like to see a small adrenaline nerf something like, finish yourself 1 complete gen to get the perk activated.

  • @justarandy said:

    I mean it's not coincidence that many streamers and I by myself can call out that the killer will most likely have noed because of how BAD he plays.

    If you can reliably predict whether or not the killer has NOED, then why don't you play around? For example by hiding near the exit gate and waiting for the killer to check it and leave before you attempt to open it or by cleansing the totems?

    If the killer is playing badly, as you say, then you should have more than enough time to destroy the totems.

  • NOED doesnt reward the killer for playing badly, it rewards the killer for the survivosr not completing an objective

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @WickedKatz

    Well but the perk is still to strong for no requierment, I would like to see a small adrenaline nerf something like, finish yourself 1 complete gen to get the perk activated.

    Yeah, i agree. Maybe having some requirements like completing the certain amount of gen charges, heal charges or chase seconds to activate the perk would be awesome

  • @Dr_Trauts said:

    NOED doesnt reward the killer for playing badly, it rewards the killer for the survivosr not completing an objective

    How is cleansing totems an objective, it awards boldness points

  • @WickedKatz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/759115#Comment_759115

    Except adrenaline literally activates when you do your job, and noed activates when you dont

    You keep saying that it's the killers job to stop gens, when it's more of a priority. Their job is to hook survivors. Right?

  • Not rewards, but its a mark of a bad killer.

    When I go into a killer game, I if all 5 gens are done, I consider it a loss, thats a bronze gatekeeper, and i'd need a perfect game in every other area to pip. Anything after that point is just a bonus.


    My aim going into every game, is to not get genrushed, and control the game. Now im not amazing or anything, i'll still get bodied some games, but my GOAL is to start snowballing before they get completed. Besides, i'd much rather take somthing like MYC or even Devour for an insta, something I can reliably use during the match when it matters.

    So by definition, taking noed is a defeatest way to go into games. Now I used to use it when I wasn't brand new, but still getting good enough to not rely on it, or times when ive succumbed to saltyness. But now i never touch it. Thats not to say its not got its place, it can be fun to pop as a suprise. (But id say dh is a better option for that.) Or on killers that dont have the map pressure to reliably stop gens getting done at all.



    That being said, it has plenty of counters, and isnt that bad to go against. Just do bones yo.

  • @jeyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758494#Comment_758494

    Not even an argument.

    Doing gens is the whole point for survivors, no such thing as gen rush or "laziness".

    You want an argument?

    Totems are there for a reason mate, they arent there just for a cosmetic purpose, they are a legit secondary objective that survivors avoid most of the time. You even get 1000 BP for them!

    If NOED activates in the end, its your fault because you did not do bones. Heck, I would go as far as to say that cleansing all totems is as important as cleansing a 3 token devour hope totem

    You cant just gen blitz and hope there arent consequences in the end.

  • @Frosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/759307#Comment_759307

    You keep saying that it's the killers job to stop gens, when it's more of a priority. Their job is to hook survivors. Right?

    It is true that the killers need to hook the survivors, but unlike survivors they are awardes equally for gatekeeping and sacrifice, so yes, preventing gens is as much a priority as killing, but one thing leads to the other

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/759374#Comment_759374

    You want an argument?

    Totems are there for a reason mate, they arent there just for a cosmetic purpose, they are a legit secondary objective that survivors avoid most of the time. You even get 1000 BP for them!

    If NOED activates in the end, its your fault because you did not do bones. Heck, I would go as far as to say that cleansing all totems is as important as cleansing a 3 token devour hope totem

    You cant just gen blitzkrieg and hope there arent consequences in the end.

    Not really the definition of blitzkrieg

  • Noed punishes survivors who genrush and focus on no other things.

  • NOED is a crutch perk for weak killers 100%. For better killers who use it? It's like insurance against strong SWF teams. It's also the ultimate "second chance" perk and there's a reason killers who camp from the first hook love it.

    Do I think it's OP, though? Nah. I don't think it's good game design, however, and it doesn't belong in a seriously competitive game. DBD isn't one of those games, though. It's asymmetrical and moris and keys exist.

1 2 3 4 5