Nurse change (SURVIVOR PERSPECTIVE)

Disclaimer: this poll is only from a survivors perspective. If you want to vote from a killer perspective please go to this poll link

Comments

  • For some reason I can't create another poll. I will create a poll from killer perspective asap.

  • I dont care because I'm on console

  • Even from a survivor POV, her add-ons are just stupid.

    Especially the "ultra rare",

    3 blink but can't go through solid object? With her movement speed being 95?

    oh boy I can loop her forever.

    And the basekit require charge time?

    if nurse miss her first attack, it take 4 blink to catch up someone RUNNING STRAIGHT LINE, tru3talent tested it.

    not to mention her ability to patrol gens is fked

  • @Nekoo said:

    Even from a survivor POV, her add-ons are just stupid.

    Especially the "ultra rare",

    3 blink but can't go through solid object? With her movement speed being 95?

    oh boy I can loop her forever.

    And the basekit require charge time?

    if nurse miss her first attack, it take 4 blink to catch up someone RUNNING STRAIGHT LINE, tru3talent tested it.

    not to mention her ability to patrol gens is fked

    You bring up good points. Overly punishing is an apt description for this "slight" change.

  • It's hard to notice a difference. I didn't play against many omega Nurses and basekit is still pretty similar to run from.

    Yeah I could probably notice the differences if I tried, but if I'm not looking for them I wouldn't be able to tell.

  • I was fine with Nurse being the undeniable best killer in the game, mainly due to the amount of skill it takes to play her and the fact that she comes free with the game.

    She was one of my favorite killers to go against (idk how it is now, since I have yet to get a nurse game as survivor in the PTB). Even against a 5-blink nurse or a slugging omegablink nurse I managed to have some fun.

    Obviously, her add-ons were a bit much. Strong killers don't need strong add-ons. I personally like the new add-ons. They are interesting and can be used for unique builds. Her base power, however, was perfectly fine imo.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    I was fine with Nurse being the undeniable best killer in the game, mainly due to the amount of skill it takes to play her and the fact that she comes free with the game.

    She was one of my favorite killers to go against (idk how it is now, since I have yet to get a nurse game as survivor in the PTB). Even against a 5-blink nurse or a slugging omegablink nurse I managed to have some fun.

    Obviously, her add-ons were a bit much. Strong killers don't need strong add-ons. I personally like the new add-ons. They are interesting and can be used for unique builds. Her base power, however, was perfectly fine imo.

    it doesnt take a ton of skill. You blink twice and you are now on their butt and you hit them. Being slow does almost nothing when you can close the gap by so much especially with addons. She easily 4ks with typically used perks. Now she'll take a bit more thinking and knowledge and skill since you cant just spam blinks till you get an easy hit

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/754748#Comment_754748

    it doesnt take a ton of skill. You blink twice and you are now on their butt and you hit them. Being slow does almost nothing when you can close the gap by so much especially with addons. She easily 4ks with typically used perks. Now she'll take a bit more thinking and knowledge and skill since you cant just spam blinks till you get an easy hit

    Either you are a bad survivor or you versed bad survivors.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I dont care because I'm on console

    Well, this, you rarely see nurses on console.

    But dont get me wrong, when i encounter one especially at higher ranks i get utterly obliterated, nurses on console are surprisingly good despite the stereotype.

  • As a survivor on PS4, I almost never see Nurses. It's disappointing, since they provide a completely different experience than other killers.

    After this change, I'll probably see even fewer. That really sucks.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755280#Comment_755280

    Either you are a bad survivor or you versed bad survivors.

    im not the best survivor but im rank 3-4 and i havent gotten very high on killer yet im at 6 or 7

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/754748#Comment_754748

    it doesnt take a ton of skill. You blink twice and you are now on their butt and you hit them. Being slow does almost nothing when you can close the gap by so much especially with addons. She easily 4ks with typically used perks. Now she'll take a bit more thinking and knowledge and skill since you cant just spam blinks till you get an easy hit

    Have you actually tried playing nurse? That's like saying "Bubba doesn't take skill, just chainsaw them and they go down."


  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/755280#Comment_755280

    Have you actually tried playing nurse? That's like saying "Bubba doesn't take skill, just chainsaw them and they go down."

    yeah i've played her and she doesnt take much skill i came from ps4 to pc and was able to 4k here. Its not hard. Bubba is hard and i hate playing him though

  • It's nice having a chance.

  • Her basekit is just horrible too both play and fight. Counterplay has been turned into "walk in a straight line" like old Legion. Nurse never deserved these nerfs, and its sad too see the queen fall.

  • Killers that main Nurse can do well with no addons anyways, they aren't complaining.

    True survivor mains aren't moaning about it, because the changes aren't that drastic. Also, whose ever heard a survivor main complain about a nerf.... 'oh no! I wish old Legion was back...' pfff

    The only people that are gonna b*tch about it are those who play her occasionally because she has the best map pressure out of any killer.

    It's not an overhaul or overnerf, she's still flying around, get over it.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I dont care because I'm on console

    Um... you should care because these changes will be effecting console nurse as well. I'm glad I got the Nurse achievements before these changes.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/754618#Comment_754618

    Um... you should care because these changes will be effecting console nurse as well. I'm glad I got the Nurse achievements before these changes.

    Why should I care it's a killer I only play for dailys

  • @then4321 said:

    Killers that main Nurse can do well with no addons anyways, they aren't complaining.

    True survivor mains aren't moaning about it, because the changes aren't that drastic. Also, whose ever heard a survivor main complain about a nerf.... 'oh no! I wish old Legion was back...' pfff

    The only people that are gonna b*tch about it are those who play her occasionally because she has the best map pressure out of any killer.

    It's not an overhaul or overnerf, she's still flying around, get over it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkNDByBWaYg&t=596s

    Just watch this... I can tell you don't play killer much.

    The New Nurse absolutely needs to use addons to do well, since that recharge time just is not nessisary. Everyone complained about OmegaBlink, not base nurse. These changes will kill her off on console at least.

    Basekit nurse had counterplay: Stealth (which survivors don't like to do) or juking (which many weren't good with). I actually learnt to master both, and helped make nurse easier to counter.

  • New add-ons are fine. They needed change but the changes to her base-kit was unwarranted.

  • Nurse was one of the top tier killers in the game. Being good with Nurse allowed you to actually do well with killer without needing ruin...

    ...but you're unconcerned anyway. It means you'll play against her less, you won't be able to get her achievements as easily, and ultimately, you'll have less experiences against her. Making you weaker as a survivor.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758948#Comment_758948

    Nurse was one of the top tier killers in the game. Being good with Nurse allowed you to actually do well with killer without needing ruin...

    ...but you're unconcerned anyway. It means you'll play against her less, you won't be able to get her achievements as easily, and ultimately, you'll have less experiences against her. Making you weaker as a survivor.

    bold of you to assume I care about achievements

  • Well, I care about them. Maybe you don't. People are different. I just listed reasons why it might affect you.

  • even easier survivor games.

  • I hated the Nurse! Every time i had to play against her, i was already sick and tired from the start on. As playing Killer, i completly avoided her after a while. She was always an easy win, not much effort really, and because i like challanges, nurse was clearly not in that category. And as Survivor.... if the nurse player was not totally dogshit, you are dead no matter what.

    And i still must say, with all the hate i feel for the Nurse: These changes are really bad. The basekit changes make her very unfun to play, it feels super clumsy.

    If it was about me, i would have just took some simple nerfs:

    • Megablink Addons RIP
    • Reduce blink range by 1,5 Meters (scaling with charge and movement ofc)
    • Fix her overpowered lunge

    .... AND SHE WOULD BE FINE

  • @Peanits can we please get a statement from you guys finally? What's going to happen with Nurse? The image is very clear, majority doesn't like the basekit change and it would be really bad if you ignore us and keep the basekit changes.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758582#Comment_758582

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkNDByBWaYg&t=596s

    Just watch this... I can tell you don't play killer much.

    The New Nurse absolutely needs to use addons to do well, since that recharge time just is not nessisary. Everyone complained about OmegaBlink, not base nurse. These changes will kill her off on console at least.

    Basekit nurse had counterplay: Stealth (which survivors don't like to do) or juking (which many weren't good with). I actually learnt to master both, and helped make nurse easier to counter.

    XD that video just proved my point entirely, so thank you for that.

    First off, he complained about her base cooldown because of the walking speed, saying 'how am I supposed to catch up to survivors?' Not something a nurse main would say. The answer, uhhhh, teleport speed? She's still the fastest killer, and you can go through walls, durp. Not to mention, her cooldown is in effect along side her fatigue animation.

    Secondly, he mentioned multiple times that he didn't play her yet, because he made the video before the ptb was even out. Also, underlining tones of 'now I'm upset because she's not a guaranteed 4k, I have to work for it now... sad face'.

  • @not_Queen any statement from you guys? Please don't remain silent.