RIP Nurse. BHVR, you probably made the biggest mistake in DBD history

The ONLY "issue" with Nurse were her addons. Her basekit was absolutly fine, it was manageable.

3 seconds might not sound long, but in dbd 1 second can be the important variable between hitting or not. For me, 3 seconds sounds like a deal breaker. I'm going to use up all my good addons, moris, BPS, puddings etc and leave Nurse alone.

You know what the worst thing about this is? As survivor you will see even less Nurse players at Red ranks and much more spirit players and spirit is clearly the most hated killer to verse, much more hated than nurse (see: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/91696/who-do-you-hate-the-most-to-verse).

Im speechless. Why touching her basekit when majority was only complaining about her addons. Noone was asking for that besides some baby potato survivors.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • good luck to find at least one lobby. uninstalled....

  • @godren said:

    good luck to find at least one lobby. uninstalled....

    For ONE THING?! That you haven't tested yet? Why?

  • the legion gave me an awful experience.

  • And I'm a Legion main.

    Just, try it. If you don't like it you are fully justified to leave. But don't just leave cause it MIGHT be bad. That's not how you look at a game.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743219#Comment_743219

    I still think she’ll be good, if she isn’t then she can always be adjusted before hitting live.

    nice joke.

  • If you're genuinely looking for a reason, my best guess is they reworked her add-ons, then decided that she was still too powerful and so nerfed her basekit.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743046#Comment_743046

    The killers aren’t weak. Survivors are provided too many on map defences and escape options.

    Well that too, but my man Trapper ain't exactly close to the top

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743859#Comment_743859

    And I'm a Legion main.

    Just, try it. If you don't like it you are fully justified to leave. But don't just leave cause it MIGHT be bad. That's not how you look at a game.

    i don't want to try. i'm gonna just watch some videos. i bet there will be no cure against swf try harders who play at 4-1 rank in my country 24/7 anymore... by they way then they are going to nerf billy and leatherface.

  • @godren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743863#Comment_743863

    i don't want to try. i'm gonna just watch some videos. i bet there will be no cure against swf try harders who play at 4-1 rank in my country 24/7 anymore... by they way then they are going to nerf billy and leatherface.

    How do you know those are nerfs coming? I mean, you can be defeatist if you want, but I hope you come back!

  • I mean, Dude is a well known Killer... so I'd not just take his words as a joke.

  • @Mr_Goodman said:

    FYI, most people are actually find with the changes; or at the very least waiting for the ptb before jumping to conclusions like this post.

    Dunno about that, a lot of people making posts before they see the final product...

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743879#Comment_743879

    How do you know those are nerfs coming? I mean, you can be defeatist if you want, but I hope you come back!

    her base kit is nerfed.

  • @Spannungsstoß

    True Legion is so rip 😂

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Spannungsstoß

    True Legion is so rip 😂

    Hello! Are you a Legion main?

  • @UlvenDagoth

    I was before the "update"

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743578#Comment_743578

    Yikes. A whole lot of incoherent rambling. These changes have got you pretty rattled, eh?

    Say what you want, I can say with 100 percent certainty you're not as good as you think, and you are basing your idea of balance off of that delusion. I have over 2000 hours in the game, never not at rank 1, and I have never felt this helpless feeling while playing as killer that you claim to feel.

    When did I say I can't play against basekit nurse? When did I say I don't play nurse. The fact is, I bully players like you all the time, because they are boosted beyond belief by this broken ranked system, led to believe they are actually good. I often see nurses in red ranks who absolutely do not belong there. Just yesterday I led one of these nurses along for 5 gens. A rank 1 nurse. Why is that player in my game? When I saw all this crying today I thought of that player - someone told they are good because they got nurse to rank 1, when they actually should be purple or green. If the player is just decent or just good, they don't have a chance if they chase me. That includes nurses. When the player is skilled, and plays nurse, that is when counterplay starts to go out the window.

    I have played plenty of nurse. I don't anymore. It was too boring getting win after win after win. Nurses who are skilled feel the same way. Players who are still learning tend to think she is fine. So...keep practicing, I guess.

    And try to learn what bullying means..

    I wanna add to this I get alot of kills as Legion cause I know how they work. It's not hard to get something going when you know what you are doing.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743610#Comment_743610

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743610#Comment_743610

    What rambling? Where?

    What helplessness? Where do I Claim to feel that? Cause I got bullied when playin a meme build like burger king Myers? Since you are so good, come i play you with my SWF. You play burger king Myers and i Show you how to be bullied ok? But you are probably a tryhard so you never play any meme builds at all.

    You did say Nurse has no counterplay thus i have to assume that you are unable to play against it. You never played me and yet talk About how you bully me, sure Keep dreaming.

    Sorry I diagree but it is nice to see your Argumentation, everybody that does not agree with what streamdaddy said is boosted and bad and doesnt understand anything. Sorry you are a joke. A bad one too. Did it not once occur to you, in your arrogant mindset, that the Player might not be a Nurse main? Rarely Plays Nurse and just did dailies on her? Have you seen Edgar play Nurse? It was horrible,, i think he practiced a bit since i saw him a year ago. Even Zubat knows there are bad nurses at rank 1 doing dailies or People just goofin around.

    Nurses who are skilled feel probably bored by bad survivors, that is why i said and agree that nobody Needs Nurse to win at r1, well Maybe some People do. I feel the same About Nurse, but i do think that survivors Need to step up their game too. Lots of boosted survivors that play like potatoes. Making Nurse less viable will not improve skill of survivors nor will it make for good Variety. All they had to do was Change the addons.

    Why didn't you answer a single Question? I think i struck a nerve with your stream Daddy, you have a head of your own. Use it.

    PS: Never try to impress anyone with amount of Hours you have in the game. Every half decent Player knows that this doesn't matter. We all know that there are People with several thousands of Hours in the game that Play like garbage.

    Rank doesn't matter. Hours do. You got it backwards. After all, if you have done something for a while, don't you know how to do it better?

  • So? That doesn't really mean much if you know the Killer.

    I do really good as LEGION. Let that sink in.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743912#Comment_743912

    So? That doesn't really mean much if you know the Killer.

    I do really good as LEGION. Let that sink in.

    i've survived every legion lol. if i play with my friends it's always gg ez.

  • @godren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744010#Comment_744010

    i've survived every legion lol. if i play with my friends it's always gg ez.

    Hope I see you in the fog then!

  • if they keep her base kit as it is now i'll reinstall the game.

  • @godren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744085#Comment_744085

    if they keep her base kit as it is now i'll reinstall the game.

    Guess I wont then!

  • Hhhhhhhh they killed their own game, Nurse was the only good killer at high ranks now she’s trash

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743578#Comment_743578

    The converse is also true.

    When a killer plays optimally, survivors need to play optimally or they all die.

    Can we please stop with this Killer Victim mentality.

    That is where you are wrong tho.

    Survivors can make mistakes and still live.

    @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743663#Comment_743663

    No point arguing with someone like you. Imagine thinking you are skilled, while having no understanding of game mechanics...I'll keep this short.

    1) Don't play meme builds and expect to win against try-hard survivors. Isn't that common sense...?

    2) It's cute that you challenge me AFTER I mention that I play on the Asian servers.

    3) I said a SKILLED nurse removes basically all counterplay. You wouldn't know about that, though. Please don't try listing all the counterplay that works on bad nurses. Actual good players have tried and tested everything. Are you going to tell me to break line of sight and turn back? Yeah, okay, how do you think I ran that nurse forever for? Try doing that against good nurses who don't fall for your novice tricks.

    4) 'Stream daddy.' That's cute. Did you know it is possible for a streamer and a viewer to share the same opinion without one being called a sheep? Or should I call you a hypocrit for basically parroting tru3talent? Is he your stream daddy?

    5) Of course hours don't matter if you don't have the skills to back it up. Keep misinterpreting everything. It's amusing.

    6) I can't help but imagine that 3v1 game you keep mentioning. I bet you three were super impressed with yourselves after playing as sweaty as possible, meanwhile on that guy's stream he probably was like "okay, I'll try next game. No point trying in a game with a disconnect". Did you know many killers stop try-harding after a disconnect?

    7) He proved he can win basically 100 percent of his games against skilled survivors and SWF teams try-harding to beat him. If you can't comprehend how that stems from the basekit allowing her addons to have such extreme power, you can't be reasoned with.

    8) Literally all of your questions were rhetorical. You want me to answer this? "Koreans also eat fish that is yet Living so what?" Why...? You didn't ask a coherent question. Don't expect answers if you ask like that..

    I'd prefer if you don't respond. Nothing you say will convince me. All the best players I know agree with me about this change. The devs obviously agree. Players with skill and knowledge in this game agree. Why would I ever listen to you? Keep bullying noob killers with your cute 3-man. I assume you blame the random 4th player every time you go up against a competent killer and lose?

    You are so bad.

    1)

    Where did I state I do expect to win with meme builds? I told you that meme builds are why you can get bullied as Killer. You said being bullied only happens to bad Killers which is not true. You simply have no clue what you talk About and thus make assumptions and Keep Posting without thinking first.

    2)

    I don't care where you Play, every good and decent Player out there were fine with the way base Nurse was. I challenged other People before you came along.

    3)

    Nope you came in stating it is a great day for balance since Nurse has no counter Play at all. People who state something like that are boosted and bad. Because you don't know how to Keep alive in a chase vs a good Nurse and go down within 2 blinks. You are the Kind of Player that i throw out of my SWF Group cause you are bad. I specificly stated the Basics on how to actually Play against no running back was mentioned nor running at the Nurse but this just how you argue. You are unable to comrpehend what was written and make up another Statement in your head and argue About that. clap clap sick strawman

    4)

    Nope thanks I rely on my own Plays and experience because I think that streamers are just that streamers. They are Entertainers and do what they do to entertain and not to be some Kind of switzerland advocating for good balance and want to earn Money at the end of the day.

    So I asked you Questions About your streamer which you refused to answer. Was it the guy that played Nurse with broken add ons? To proof that Nurse is broken? Well i think to proof Nurse is broken he would have to do the Experiment again with no add ons equipped. He literally just proofed that Nurse add ons were broken, congratz. Literally nobody argued that they are not busted. The community asked bhvr to Change those and they went full yolo.

    He didnt proof anything, equipping 3 blinks + range addons. LUL that is your proof omfg.,

    5) Yes because that is how you try to impress People. You come into the discussion "GREAT DAY FOR BALANCE NURSE THE KILLER WITH NO COUNTERPLAY FINALLY NERFED" 2-3 Posts later you ask why I think that you have Trouble vs base Nurse. You tell anecdotes to impress People like why did you even Mention your Hours? Mh come on Buddy tell me, why Mention that you have more than 2k hrs in the game other than to try to impress me and others when in reality Hours do no matter at all. Your stories they do not end up, now in this post you say yes Hours do no matter, so why Mention them in the first place?

    6)

    Yeah we watched the video afterwards and no he didnt. At least i have proof of what I am capable of. And I have other Videos backing up what we do and did. What About you? How is that this legend of Player didn't beat any streamer ? Nothing to back you up but stories on top of stories. Such a joke.

    Also on top of that you are grasping for straws. Rly that is all you have? He probably didnt try after one got dc. LOL

    You on the other Hand try to impress with a Story About some bad Nurse which you did make chase for 5 gens. Tell me which Killer does stay on one target for 5gens?

    So either the Killer was super bad or he didnt try. I dont care which it is. Yet for you was the only conclusion "that guy is superbad why he in my game dog?". Where I already gave you answers to that. Which you could also not imagine because you are super arrogant and have such small minded view.

    7)

    He proofed her add ons are busted Nothing more and Nothing less. As far as I remember from that stream he Always equipped at least an additional blink + range. That really did only proof that the add ons are broken and Nothing else.

    Come on challenge him to do the same without addons. I bet you that the results are diffrent. This time have survivors actually equip instaheals, toolboxes and even map offerings. He will not have same results, far from it. Go on make it but you are a sheep you do not care for balance that is why you defend that Experiment..

    It is actually very funny isn't it? You talk About korean Players and how they do not want to use Nurse and when they make their Experiment to proof exactly that they Play Nurse in the most broken state possible. LOL You can not beat that logic.

    8)

    Nope try again.

    I asked you About the streamer and several other Questions, I will not repeat because you are unable to read. Try again.

    Honestly dude you kinda hit rock Bottom now. So let me repeat in order to back you up you first Mention a streamer with a totally flawed Experiment, than you want to back you up with the amount of Hours that you needed to get to red ranks and now you are at " i know People and they are top Players who agree with me!!!" Everbody else just bad mkay? You know you remind me and probably all other Players of a spoiled Little Kids that when losing an Argument Claim their parents work for nintendo or Valve and Blizzard xD

    Dude sorry all you have are bad Insults, you have no Points and while you Keep Posting you only bring up thought-terminating cliché. Either People agree with you or they are bad. Edgar as far as I remember is fine with base Nurse and lots of other People are too scottjund being one of them iirc.

    Back any of your Points up, go ahead and make a Point that you are able to back up. I will wait, i doubt anything Comes from boosted stuff like you.

  • I'm not gonna bother checking if this has already been said, but the changes aren't out and creating post after post on the forums isn't going to give the Devs the valuable feedback they seek with the PTB.

    If you want to prove Nurse will be terrible with these changes, please play the PTB and prove your point with feedback after experience. A rushed opinion does not provide the Team with a choice, just less feedback and forum clutter.

  • I suggest you to stay on topic and stop attacking each other over a different opinion.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743778#Comment_743778

    That is where you are wrong tho.

    Survivors can make mistakes and still live.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/743825#Comment_743825

    You are so bad.

    1)

    Where did I state I do expect to win with meme builds? I told you that meme builds are why you can get bullied as Killer. You said being bullied only happens to bad Killers which is not true. You simply have no clue what you talk About and thus make assumptions and Keep Posting without thinking first.

    2)

    I don't care where you Play, every good and decent Player out there were fine with the way base Nurse was. I challenged other People before you came along.

    3)

    Nope you came in stating it is a great day for balance since Nurse has no counter Play at all. People who state something like that are boosted and bad. Because you don't know how to Keep alive in a chase vs a good Nurse and go down within 2 blinks. You are the Kind of Player that i throw out of my SWF Group cause you are bad. I specificly stated the Basics on how to actually Play against no running back was mentioned nor running at the Nurse but this just how you argue. You are unable to comrpehend what was written and make up another Statement in your head and argue About that. clap clap sick strawman

    4)

    Nope thanks I rely on my own Plays and experience because I think that streamers are just that streamers. They are Entertainers and do what they do to entertain and not to be some Kind of switzerland advocating for good balance and want to earn Money at the end of the day.

    So I asked you Questions About your streamer which you refused to answer. Was it the guy that played Nurse with broken add ons? To proof that Nurse is broken? Well i think to proof Nurse is broken he would have to do the Experiment again with no add ons equipped. He literally just proofed that Nurse add ons were broken, congratz. Literally nobody argued that they are not busted. The community asked bhvr to Change those and they went full yolo.

    He didnt proof anything, equipping 3 blinks + range addons. LUL that is your proof omfg.,

    5) Yes because that is how you try to impress People. You come into the discussion "GREAT DAY FOR BALANCE NURSE THE KILLER WITH NO COUNTERPLAY FINALLY NERFED" 2-3 Posts later you ask why I think that you have Trouble vs base Nurse. You tell anecdotes to impress People like why did you even Mention your Hours? Mh come on Buddy tell me, why Mention that you have more than 2k hrs in the game other than to try to impress me and others when in reality Hours do no matter at all. Your stories they do not end up, now in this post you say yes Hours do no matter, so why Mention them in the first place?

    6)

    Yeah we watched the video afterwards and no he didnt. At least i have proof of what I am capable of. And I have other Videos backing up what we do and did. What About you? How is that this legend of Player didn't beat any streamer ? Nothing to back you up but stories on top of stories. Such a joke.

    Also on top of that you are grasping for straws. Rly that is all you have? He probably didnt try after one got dc. LOL

    You on the other Hand try to impress with a Story About some bad Nurse which you did make chase for 5 gens. Tell me which Killer does stay on one target for 5gens?

    So either the Killer was super bad or he didnt try. I dont care which it is. Yet for you was the only conclusion "that guy is superbad why he in my game dog?". Where I already gave you answers to that. Which you could also not imagine because you are super arrogant and have such small minded view.

    7)

    He proofed her add ons are busted Nothing more and Nothing less. As far as I remember from that stream he Always equipped at least an additional blink + range. That really did only proof that the add ons are broken and Nothing else.

    Come on challenge him to do the same without addons. I bet you that the results are diffrent. This time have survivors actually equip instaheals, toolboxes and even map offerings. He will not have same results, far from it. Go on make it but you are a sheep you do not care for balance that is why you defend that Experiment..

    It is actually very funny isn't it? You talk About korean Players and how they do not want to use Nurse and when they make their Experiment to proof exactly that they Play Nurse in the most broken state possible. LOL You can not beat that logic.

    8)

    Nope try again.

    I asked you About the streamer and several other Questions, I will not repeat because you are unable to read. Try again.

    Honestly dude you kinda hit rock Bottom now. So let me repeat in order to back you up you first Mention a streamer with a totally flawed Experiment, than you want to back you up with the amount of Hours that you needed to get to red ranks and now you are at " i know People and they are top Players who agree with me!!!" Everbody else just bad mkay? You know you remind me and probably all other Players of a spoiled Little Kids that when losing an Argument Claim their parents work for nintendo or Valve and Blizzard xD

    Dude sorry all you have are bad Insults, you have no Points and while you Keep Posting you only bring up thought-terminating cliché. Either People agree with you or they are bad. Edgar as far as I remember is fine with base Nurse and lots of other People are too scottjund being one of them iirc.

    Back any of your Points up, go ahead and make a Point that you are able to back up. I will wait, i doubt anything Comes from boosted stuff like you.

    What kind of dumb argument is that?

    Killers can make a million mistakes and still live. (hint: Killers can't die!)



    And sure, survivors can make a mistake and live. But the game is definitely much friendlier to killers when it comes to making mistakes. Survivors can make one mistake and die.

    I have seen many matches where killers make mistakes all game and survivors finish all gens, then snowball to a victory before the exit gates. You can make tons of mistakes as killer and still get 4K.

    Moreover, we're talking OPTIMAL killers.

    When you are fighting a top rank optimal killer making a mistake can be fatal. Especially if you're the first to make a mistake... an optimal killer can tunnel the first survivor to bring the count down to 3 and end your night with one mistake.

  • i play both sides equally :

    • as survivor i had my best games against Nurse as it's funny and challenging to try to mindgame a mindgamer
    • as killer i rarely played her, only for rituals with no perks or addons but even if i didn't hook anyone i had a lot of fun


    I just don't get why they changed her power. The addons changes are really good i love the idea of having a free Nurse's Calling for 60sec so you can get an other perk in your build instead. They were really creative with the addons but the power change seems to much. We'll see how it goes but i think a good way would be to give her a buff in movement speed ( from 3.98 to 4,4 ) and slow it down when charging the blink like Huntress (from 2,89 to 3.75 )

  • @CallMeBacon said:

    I'm not gonna bother checking if this has already been said, but the changes aren't out and creating post after post on the forums isn't going to give the Devs the valuable feedback they seek with the PTB.

    If you want to prove Nurse will be terrible with these changes, please play the PTB and prove your point with feedback after experience. A rushed opinion does not provide the Team with a choice, just less feedback and forum clutter.

    Wow. Aren't comments like these what gets threads closed? Rambling incoherent nonsense that doesn't have much of a point and extremely hostile.

    Look, mate, you misinterpret and misunderstand everything I say, and even trying to parse through whatever it is you wrote would take way longer than it would be worth, nevermind actually replying to it.

    Your view of nurse is wrong, has been proven wrong, and has little relevence because the change is already in motion. There really are only two options: either you aren't as skilled as you think you are (most likely), or you are good, but just have no ability to discern what balanced means or looks like. Either way, I'm done with you. This nurse change is a step in the right direction, and people whining about this need to get over themselves and/or get better. What's that saying? GIT GUD!

1 2 3 ›