Devs, remember the exhaustion nerf outcry

Seeing all the outcries of killer mains because Nurse did get a nerf to her base power that allows survivors to have a bit more counterplay against Nurse, I just want to remind you of the survivor mains outcry when the exhaustion nerf happened. You still implemented it into the live version.

I do believe that especially within the first few days many people will say that Nurse is almost useless now and has been destroyed. Of course, seeing a more significant change to some side will always make many mains of that one side upset. Nevertheless, I hope you test Nurse long enough to see if she really was overnerfed or if she now simply is in a fair spot that gives survivors at least a chance to win against even optimal Nurses, which I personally believe is the case. People like to bring up the Freddy nerf from the ptb that was rushed and unjustified, and want to apply that same logic to Nurse. It will take a bit of time to get used to the new Nurse.

The way I see it, allowing survivors a bit more counterplay by giving them a bit more time to break LOS is not going to overnerf the most powerful killer in the game, not by a long shot. It's good to see that you do try and make the game fun for both sides, balancing the game with both killers and survivors in mind. Survivors also need to be able to enjoy the game and have a fair chance at winning matches against any killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742665#Comment_742665

    Legion was frustrating for everyone. He got changed.

    The devs will always change stuff if no one enjoys it. Like the hatch stand-off. Everyone was frustrated by it.

    That's game design 101.

    Yep, they got changed survivor-side and now is the worst killer in the game

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742661#Comment_742661

    "If all the survivors mains that were crying because of that nerf didn't actually believe the nerf was far too much, then that doesn't make sense to me at all that they were so unhappy."

    The only unhappy ones were the ones that didn't both sides at a high enough rank to fully understand how broken it was and how little the nerf was.

    "And I believe the exact same thing will happen with Nurse."

    The nerf to nurse is much more extreme than what was happening to Exhaustion.

    "Also, it is just my opinion. I'm not saying I am 100% sure, I just really believe this nerf to Nurse is fine."

    I disagree but we will just have to see when the PTB releases to find out.

    "I feel like more people have started to agree that killers are now in quite a good spot, of course not the low tier ones but there are many more good killers now."

    The only people I ever see actually think killers are in a good spot right now are people who don't actually play killer at a high rank so they have no experience in what is actually going on with the games balance. When someone plays at green ranks for example of course all the killers look strong because they are all viable there. At that rank the survivors play dumb and make everything look good. At rank 1 where everyone is playing as close to optimal as we can get is where you see what works and what simply doesn't.

    I would agree with you that people who who disliked the exhaustion nerf were people that simply didn't want a nerf to survivors and probably never played killer at high ranks. But that doesn't change the fact that I feel like the nerf to Nurse is also fine, and that people will realize that once they play with her enough.

    Also, I'm pretty sure there are enough people that do play killers at red ranks and don't feel like so many killers are unviable. There's no doubt to me that there are still quite a few killers that need some buffs, but I feel like there are a fair amount of killers that are good now. I play killer at red ranks as well.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742680#Comment_742680

    Yep, they got changed survivor-side and now is the worst killer in the game

    Because he had no counters. Of course the changes were survivor sided lol.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93632/devs-remember-the-exhaustion-nerf-outcry

    I will give the new nurse a try, i really hope she's still viable. I don't want to learn spirit just because BHVR overnerfed ma gurl.

    Good to hear you are willing to give her a try. Just don't forget that she will also need some time to get used to probably. I really feel like she will still have enough potential with her power to be red rank viable, but if it turns out that she was overnerfed a bit, they can still reduce the recharge time of her blinks before she hits live.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742700#Comment_742700

    I would agree with you that people who who disliked the exhaustion nerf were people that simply didn't want a nerf to survivors and probably never played killer at high ranks. But that doesn't change the fact that I feel like the nerf to Nurse is also fine, and that people will realize that once they play with her enough.

    Also, I'm pretty sure there are enough people that do play killers at red ranks and don't feel like so many killers are unviable. There's no doubt to me that there are still quite a few killers that need some buffs, but I feel like there are a fair amount of killers that are good now. I play killer at red ranks as well.

    "Also, I'm pretty sure there are enough people that do play killers at red ranks and don't feel like so many killers are unviable."

    I'd have to see them then because in all my time on these forums/twitch/youtube/in game I have seen very few who would agree with that. It's pretty universally agreed on by most red rank killers.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742721#Comment_742721

    I mean changed because that's what happened.

    I get that you liked Legion but don't act like he was any better than what he is now.

    • The Legion now moves at default Killer speed (4.6 m/s or 115 %).
    • The Frenzy movement speed was reduced to 5.0 m/s (was 5.28 m/s).
    • Terror radius increased to 32 metres (was 24 metres) .
    • The Legion can no longer see Blood while in Frenzy.
    • Missing an attack in Frenzy cancels the power immediately.
    • Frenzy power gauge amount lost when landing an attack outside of Frenzy: 50 %
    • Increased the recharge time of Frenzy to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
    • Increased the default fatigue duration when Frenzy ends to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
    • Frenzy can only be used when the meter is fully charged.
    • The Bleed-out timer is no longer reduced by Feral Frenzy hits (was 10 seconds per hit)

    Not to mention Vault speeds are slower and other little bits like that.

    I main Legion, I struggle with the limitations EVERY TIME I PLAY. I didn't like how Old Legion put a timer on a chase or that stupid exploit but you can NOT tell me that they didn't break the whole Killer in HALF instead of just fixing the ISSUES.


  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742565#Comment_742565

    I believe against an optimal Nurse counterplay was just way too little. Even if she missed once, the distance you could gain from her during her fatigue wasn't enough to have any kind of chance to outplay her when she got her two blinks back. Not against an optimal Nurse. The only maps she might not be fully viable on are Lery's and maybe the new Hawkin's map. But even then I still feel like the new Nurse will have a chance to win against optimal survivor teams if played optimally.

    Maybe I'm speaking from console then, but nurse appears fine for me. : P

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742729#Comment_742729

    • The Legion now moves at default Killer speed (4.6 m/s or 115 %).
    • The Frenzy movement speed was reduced to 5.0 m/s (was 5.28 m/s).
    • Terror radius increased to 32 metres (was 24 metres) .
    • The Legion can no longer see Blood while in Frenzy.
    • Missing an attack in Frenzy cancels the power immediately.
    • Frenzy power gauge amount lost when landing an attack outside of Frenzy: 50 %
    • Increased the recharge time of Frenzy to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds).
    • Increased the default fatigue duration when Frenzy ends to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
    • Frenzy can only be used when the meter is fully charged.
    • The Bleed-out timer is no longer reduced by Feral Frenzy hits (was 10 seconds per hit)

    Not to mention Vault speeds are slower and other little bits like that.

    I main Legion, I struggle with the limitations EVERY TIME I PLAY. I didn't like how Old Legion put a timer on a chase or that stupid exploit but you can NOT tell me that they didn't break the whole Killer in HALF instead of just fixing the ISSUES.

    Again so what?

    Legion was always bad, doubly so if you compare it to the other killers in the game. Most people played as him simply because he was fun.

    Pity that no-one liked playing against him.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742776#Comment_742776

    Again so what?

    Legion was always bad, doubly so if you compare it to the other killers in the game. Most people played as him simply because he was fun.

    Pity that no-one liked playing against him.

    Welp, if you are just gonna be a douche, I'll move on.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742807#Comment_742807

    Welp, if you are just gonna be a douche, I'll move on.

    How is it a douche thing to say that Legion was never a good killer?

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742810#Comment_742810

    How is it a douche thing to say that Legion was never a good killer?

    No no, its you going out of your way to tell me, in bold letters, that No-One liked to play against them. Old Legion was bad, I already said that. You need to chill and not be so damn argumentative. Your tone this whole time has been one of talking down to me for a Killer I enjoy and would like to be made better. THAT is why I said that.


  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742816#Comment_742816

    No no, its you going out of your way to tell me, in bold letters, that No-One liked to play against them. Old Legion was bad, I already said that. You need to chill and not be so damn argumentative. Your tone this whole time has been one of talking down to me for a Killer I enjoy and would like to be made better. THAT is why I said that.

    ... Ok?

    The entire reason I mentioned Legion in this thread the first place was because someone told me that frustrating things shouldn't be changed.

    I really don't mind him nowadays.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742835#Comment_742835

    ... Ok?

    The entire reason I mentioned Legion in this thread the first place was because someone told me that frustrating things shouldn't be changed.

    I really don't mind him nowadays.

    Course you don't cause he's weak. But enough, we are getting off topic hard core here.


    I think people need to wait to play the PTB before judging one way or the other.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742853#Comment_742853

    Course you don't cause he's weak. But enough, we are getting off topic hard core here.

    I think people need to wait to play the PTB before judging one way or the other.

    No I meant I wouldn't mind if he got improvements.

    But your right, lets stop getting off-topic.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Remember Legion...

    Never forget

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742736#Comment_742736

    "Also, I'm pretty sure there are enough people that do play killers at red ranks and don't feel like so many killers are unviable."

    I'd have to see them then because in all my time on these forums/twitch/youtube/in game I have seen very few who would agree with that. It's pretty universally agreed on by most red rank killers.

    Well I've seen you not believe someone who said he was red ranks with killer, because he disagreed with you that killers in general are underpowered, so that might have influence on that.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742758#Comment_742758

    Well I've seen you not believe someone who said he was red ranks with killer, because he disagreed with you that killers in general are underpowered, so that might have influence on that.

    And when I called that person out and they linked their profile they were in fact not in red ranks.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742497#Comment_742497

    There's probably 2 things I would change with Spirit's base.

    • Make the phase audio louder (loud enough to not hear footsteps but still hear injured survivors)
    • Give survivors a 'tell' that she is using her power (like an animation or something)

    One of these would probably make her less frustrating for survivor players.

    The whole point of her is that she is great at mind gaming. It's intense when you don't know whether she is phasing or just tricking you.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742876#Comment_742876

    And when I called that person out and they linked their profile they were in fact not in red ranks.

    Lol. What a genius move of that guy. Still, I believe there are many people with killer at red ranks who believe killers are fine in general. But I don't know for sure. Of course pretty much everyone agrees that low tier killers like Clown or Wraith need buffs.

    And we should also keep in mind that map reworks are coming, and even if they come with more juking and stealth options for survivors, loops giving killers more counterplay during chases will be a nice buff especially to weaker killers.

    Of course I hope they'll increase the rate at which they rework maps. Pretty sure this patch is supposed to have map reworks according to the road map, I can just hope it's more than just one map this time that is being changed.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742886#Comment_742886

    Lol. What a genius move of that guy. Still, I believe there are many people with killer at red ranks who believe killers are fine in general. But I don't know for sure. Of course pretty much everyone agrees that low tier killers like Clown or Wraith need buffs.

    And we should also keep in mind that map reworks are coming, and even if they come with more juking and stealth options for survivors, loops giving killers more counterplay during chases will be a nice buff especially to weaker killers.

    Of course I hope they'll increase the rate at which they rework maps. Pretty sure this patch is supposed to have map reworks according to the road map, I can just hope it's more than just one map this time that is being changed.

    Map design is THE biggest issue hindering balance right now.

    Like you mentioned though, the reworks on maps are coming slow. At this rate all the problem maps will be fixed in a few YEARS and that's if not a single new bad map comes out in that time.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742934#Comment_742934

    Map design is THE biggest issue hindering balance right now.

    Like you mentioned though, the reworks on maps are coming slow. At this rate all the problem maps will be fixed in a few YEARS and that's if not a single new bad map comes out in that time.

    I mean they definitely shouldn't make 5 versions of one map another time. That would most likely help a lot. It's true though. They need to work on these maps faster. At the very least just nerf the ridiculous windows on some of the maps, without reworking the map if it takes too much time.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742886#Comment_742886

    Lol. What a genius move of that guy. Still, I believe there are many people with killer at red ranks who believe killers are fine in general. But I don't know for sure. Of course pretty much everyone agrees that low tier killers like Clown or Wraith need buffs.

    And we should also keep in mind that map reworks are coming, and even if they come with more juking and stealth options for survivors, loops giving killers more counterplay during chases will be a nice buff especially to weaker killers.

    Of course I hope they'll increase the rate at which they rework maps. Pretty sure this patch is supposed to have map reworks according to the road map, I can just hope it's more than just one map this time that is being changed.

    Yes faith is great, unfortunately tho faith has no room in this. You say yourself you have been a red rank killer? When? Old ranking System Maybe? ;)

    Are you a red rank survivor too? I am displeased that they handhold bad survivors who are too lazy to learn how to play. I enjoy playing vs a Nurse. Spirit is where it is lame af, it is boring to play as and against. Now I will have even more of that. Great. Not boring at all. I already have trouble finding lobbies as Survivor in red ranks and These People cheer when they remove a viable killer from red ranks. I dont Need a ptb to see what those changes do to the killer.

    Do you speak russian?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7bNkC7eLCo

    So you learn how to play vs nurse.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742960#Comment_742960

    I mean they definitely shouldn't make 5 versions of one map another time. That would most likely help a lot. It's true though. They need to work on these maps faster. At the very least just nerf the ridiculous windows on some of the maps, without reworking the map if it takes too much time.

    Yeah just getting through the current maps fixing them at base would be better. THEN go back and add the variants they want later.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742497#Comment_742497

    There's probably 2 things I would change with Spirit's base.

    • Make the phase audio louder (loud enough to not hear footsteps but still hear injured survivors)
    • Give survivors a 'tell' that she is using her power (like an animation or something)

    One of these would probably make her less frustrating for survivor players.

    About the only thing that could be done is to give notification that her power is on cooldown that way the stand still doesnt work all the time... if notification is given that shes using her power itll be the most boring gameplay ever.... everyone will stop and walk around instantly.... right now it's fun and intense at least for a lot of players...

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742934#Comment_742934

    Yes faith is great, unfortunately tho faith has no room in this. You say yourself you have been a red rank killer? When? Old ranking System Maybe? ;)

    Are you a red rank survivor too? I am displeased that they handhold bad survivors who are too lazy to learn how to play. I enjoy playing vs a Nurse. Spirit is where it is lame af, it is boring to play as and against. Now I will have even more of that. Great. Not boring at all. I already have trouble finding lobbies as Survivor in red ranks and These People cheer when they remove a viable killer from red ranks. I dont Need a ptb to see what those changes do to the killer.

    Do you speak russian?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7bNkC7eLCo

    So you learn how to play vs nurse.

    No I am not red ranks survivor. So I don't even really go against the best Nurse players anyways. I still think this is a good change. She will still be powerful, but now survivors will have a bit more counterplay against Nurse. Has nothing to do with learning how to go against a Nurse.

    You could say the same thing about the new Nurse though. People aren't even willing to try her after the nerf and learn her before coming to the conclusion that she will now be terrible.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742971#Comment_742971

    Yeah just getting through the current maps fixing them at base would be better. THEN go back and add the variants they want later.

    Yes please. I really hope they will be doing this now in the future.

  • dead hard is broken on dedicated servers

    yet some eople are still crying about balanced landing when the reality is that some maps are just badly designed around this perk

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742987#Comment_742987

    No I am not red ranks survivor. So I don't even really go against the best Nurse players anyways. I still think this is a good change. She will still be powerful, but now survivors will have a bit more counterplay against Nurse. Has nothing to do with learning how to go against a Nurse.

    You could say the same thing about the new Nurse though. People aren't even willing to try her after the nerf and learn her before coming to the conclusion that she will now be terrible.

    I think without add ons Nurse is fine as is.

    Sorry Nurse can be handled that way and makes for fun and good Matches and it has to do with how to Play, don't get me wrong it is obviously more demanding of a Survivor but at the same time more rewarding and fun to me.

    Ripping away her mobility isn't a good move at all, the Killer will feel completely diffrent and I doubt that People are willing to learn their beloved main anew.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742497#Comment_742497

    There's probably 2 things I would change with Spirit's base.

    • Make the phase audio louder (loud enough to not hear footsteps but still hear injured survivors)
    • Give survivors a 'tell' that she is using her power (like an animation or something)

    One of these would probably make her less frustrating for survivor players.

    So... two of the three ways spirit has to hit people? No thanks.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744393#Comment_744393

    I think without add ons Nurse is fine as is.

    Sorry Nurse can be handled that way and makes for fun and good Matches and it has to do with how to Play, don't get me wrong it is obviously more demanding of a Survivor but at the same time more rewarding and fun to me.

    Ripping away her mobility isn't a good move at all, the Killer will feel completely diffrent and I doubt that People are willing to learn their beloved main anew.

    Having that opinion is totally fine. I just think it's great that survivors now get a bit more of a chance to break line of sight. It just allows for a bit more counterplay, and I feel that's what Nurse needed. Of course if you disagree that's fine.

    I could see them reducing the recharge time from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds though. So she would only have to wait 2.5 seconds after the fatigue until her two blinks are back.

  • Here's my hot take. People who are actually good with the Nurse will still do well. People who are carried by her will struggle.

    As it should be.

  • @gantes said:

    Here's my hot take. People who are actually good with the Nurse will still do well. People who are carried by her will struggle.

    As it should be.

    That's what I believe as well. Only time will tell, but I can't see how survivors having a bit more time to break LOS will make her unviable at red ranks in any way.

  • You couldn't counter sprint burst recharging mid chase with vigil.

    You can counter a nurse blink by being unpredictable.

    Bad comparison of two different issues that got two different outcries, but nice try.

  • Until I hear the opinions of Ardetha and TrU3 on the changes, I won't make any judgement. Tho the changes look ok for now.

  • @Plu said:

    You couldn't counter sprint burst recharging mid chase with vigil.

    You can counter a nurse blink by being unpredictable.

    Bad comparison of two different issues that got two different outcries, but nice try.

    If Nurse is close enough, there's no real counter to her, a good Nurse will still get you. Those outcries have enough similarities.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    Until I hear the opinions of Ardetha and TrU3 on the changes, I won't make any judgement. Tho the changes look ok for now.

    I do feel that tru3 is a bit killer sided, so I'm expecting him to be unhappy with these changes for sure. I think the thoughts of Zubatlel or whatever he is called will be interesting to hear.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744872#Comment_744872

    If Nurse is close enough, there's no real counter to her, a good Nurse will still get you. Those outcries have enough similarities.

    I'm telling you man. The biggest problem with Nurse players is that the mediocre ones think they're very good and the character has counterplay because survivors juke them. Never have I heard an actual god Nurse player claim she has counterplay in her current state.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744872#Comment_744872

    If Nurse is close enough, there's no real counter to her, a good Nurse will still get you. Those outcries have enough similarities.

    That's any killer, not just nurse...

  • Yes, I don't mean that close of course.

1 2 ›