Why are some killer mains in denial of camping/tunneling?

Salty bad killer.jpg

When you can win by just tunneling and camping, it clearly shows that rank doesn't mean anything anymore. You can still pip so easily as killer/survivor, no wonder the matchmaking is so bad.


Edit: Love how people fell for the bait.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Mr_Goodman said:

    I forgot how killer sided the forums could be. According to the majority, the killer can do anything without consequences.

    Nobody bats an eye when survivors tbag, click flashlights and run to broken loops. But when killers camp everyone loses their minds -___-

  • Why are some survivor mains in denial of genrush?

  • I mean, against 4DS 2 dead hard and 2 lithe, can you really blame them for doing anything required to get the 4k? And succeeding??

  • You get less chase points, and less hit points. I also personally enjoy chases so I don't like cutting them short by going straight for the unhooked survivor. I will knock them down and leave them if I see them, but then go straight for the unhooker.

    Camping is viable, at the right times. But almost never early game.


    Play how you want, it really doesn't matter

  • I think trying to school/lecture other players is you trying to belittle them in most cases. Mostly because the strategy they did or did not use ended up proving too difficult to overcome. Chances are it wasn't really more difficult you just adopt a risky playstyle which makes it easy for the other side. Talking broadly about it, not on this occasion from the original post.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737002#Comment_737002

    I am rank 1 and people still camp. There is no outranking them. They leave the hook for like 10 seconds and then they immediately come back to hit you the second you get off the hook. They camp in a different way at rank 1, thats the only difference. They usually win this way because they wait for people to save then hit you and hook you again. They also usually slug you so ds is useless.

    The game should punish killers for camping more, without survivors needing to run perks. It is actually sad that I have to run ds every match.

    If the killer is coming back to the hook the moment you rescue, perhaps you're not waiting long enough.

    I mean, 10 seconds isn't that far away to begin with, and you got 60 of them per hook stage. You expect a killer to walk 10 steps away and NOT turn around if there's a quick unhook?

    We're not bots, we're thinking human beings.

    Hmm... I can go after the guy I see 20 meters ahead of t-bagging and clicking a flashlight behind a pallet, or I can turn around to the 2 targets (one wounded) 10 meters behind me. Which is the more intelligent choice, do you think?

    I think I'm more annoyed you guys think we should act in an unintelligent manner for your "fun". It's kinda insulting when you think about it.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/737980#Comment_737980

    If the killer is coming back to the hook the moment you rescue, perhaps you're not waiting long enough.

    I mean, 10 seconds isn't that far away to begin with, and you got 60 of them per hook stage. You expect a killer to walk 10 steps away and NOT turn around if there's a quick unhook?

    We're not bots, we're thinking human beings.

    Hmm... I can go after the guy I see 20 meters ahead of t-bagging and clicking a flashlight behind a pallet, or I can turn around to the 2 targets (one wounded) 10 meters behind me. Which is the more intelligent choice, do you think?

    I think I'm more annoyed you guys think we should act in an unintelligent manner for your "fun". It's kinda insulting when you think about it.

    I'm just making up the 10 seconds. What I'm saying is that they are just waiting for them to unhook you so that they can come back and hit you instantly. Of course people shouldn't save you after 10 seconds.

    Think of it like this: I'm playing billy on rotten fields. After hooking someone I just loop around the map with my chainsaw and waiting for them to save the person on the hook so that I can come back with my chainsaw and instantly down them again.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738514#Comment_738514

    I'm just making up the 10 seconds. What I'm saying is that they are just waiting for them to unhook you so that they can come back and hit you instantly. Of course people shouldn't save you after 10 seconds.

    Think of it like this: I'm playing billy on rotten fields. After hooking someone I just loop around the map with my chainsaw and waiting for them to save the person on the hook so that I can come back with my chainsaw and instantly down them again.

    And if the billy is sniping hooks, you should be pressuring him to check generators.


    FFS, do you want me to spoon-feed you everything?

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/738619#Comment_738619

    And if the billy is sniping hooks, you should be pressuring him to check generators.

    FFS, do you want me to spoon-feed you everything?

    I don't want you to explain anything :)

    Just saying killers do this in red ranks and its annoying to go against.

  • Camping/tunneling should not be as profitable as it. The reason it is comes down to the survivors being bad not the killer. To many survivors DC when things don't go their way, attempt to escape from the hook few a survivor is a few feet away, hook suicide when being camp and lastly stand around doing nothing but waiting for the killer to leave the hook instead of doing gens.

  • Bring a insta heal into my games and I'll tunnel & camp you. i love to be as toxic as you can be :P

  • My goodness how many times do we need to cover this. The devs had said it's a legit strategy, yet try to isolate it with perks, but kind of take two steps back for every step forward.

    Make your choice is both an anti-camp and a camp perk. It promotes the exact thing a lot of survivor are complaining about here. You go just far enough away, but have to go right back after the unhook.

    Just deal with it. I swear people on here are masochists. If you're not having fun, play something else for a while.

  • I see a lot of DS, Adrenaline and Dead Hard, but not a single BT.

    The game offer plenty of tools to deal with camping and tunneling.

    If you refuse to use them, it's only you to blame.

    It is also your fault to reward the killer with a 3k for camping.

    If he really just camps, enjoy your free escape and sacrifice one teammate. If you really would care you would have brought BT.

  • @Mr_Goodman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/735187#Comment_735187

    You clearly are in rank 15 if you have this mindset, they camped the hook with the remaining 3 generators.

    A person on a hook being camped is basically a killer being afk in a certain area of a map where you "can't" get survivor.

    You said you had 3 gens to do

    Gens take 80 seconds

    An entire hook till' death is 120 seconds.

    You and along with your 2 other teammates can do all 3 gens in 80 seconds and still have a remaining 60 seconds to do whatever you want.

    Exit gates

    Actually try saving

    Then leave.

    In the game you were in,

    4 DS with all survivors running exhaustion perks against a ghostface who doesn't really have a good set of perks. Almost every map has enough pallets to run through 5 gens. Especially an M1 killer like ghostface. You had more than enough to just royally destroy a killer that camps.

    If you all really got killed with one narrowly escaping then there's no excuse besides GIT GUD.

  • @Raven014 said:

    Here's my take: I don't like camping from either perspective. It's boring and not worth it.

    But... here's why some people do it:

    1. survivors are always altruistic, if they are not in a swf.
    2. it's worked for them before.
    3. they haven't had anyone tell them that there is a better way to play killer
    4. playing against really good survivors have made them salty enough not to give a darn and just ruin fun for survivors above all else.

    I think ignoring all of the second chances survivors get isn't going to help the issue. What's the point of leaving if you're giving a survivor the chance to stun you for a long time, take a free hit for being unhooked badly, and then have to chase them all over again?

    I swear, survivor mains who don't play killer ever are very entitled. They act like they deserve a free escape. Same with killer only players and 4ks. Sometimes you deserve an escape, sometimes you don't. Sometimes stuff happens and you get sacrificed due to someone else's mistakes. However, most killers have to take advantage of survivor mistakes to even catch a survivor. Due to this, all I can say is: Git Gud.

    But that's the game for you.

    I agree with you. Alot of the roster on Killer side need alot of help. The Top Killers are the ones that can make plays without waiting on someone to mess up... and everyone wants them nerfed...

  • Feeding into a killer camping is like feeding this thread. Our own damn fault but the devs say we are free to do so.

  • I love the hag and her synergy with MYC.

    So naturally I put down a trap, when I hook someone, if not pre-trap the hook in my preparations.

    So is it my fault that you don't crouch for the unhook or don't use your flashlight besides clicking at me? I don't think so.

    And about the unhooked...if you run around like a headless chicken and trigger a trap, you go down with a teleport hit, even before I realize that's you again.

    Sometimes I take pity on those headless chickens and let them go, but more often they just run around the map to again run back into me...in that case I will smack you.

  • @Mr_Goodman said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/549/RU3U8GV3D3GM.jpg

    When you can win by just tunneling and camping, it clearly shows that rank doesn't mean anything anymore. You can still pip so easily as killer/survivor, no wonder the matchmaking is so bad.

    There is nothing to deny. Camping and tunneling are a valid part of the game and will be long after you quit.

  • What’s the point of a killer if they are not allowed to kill someone?

  • Thing is;

    Tunneling: Doesn't always happen on purpose. Sometimes we just follow the first scratchmarks we find and sadly it was you.

    Camping : Often mistaken with "Patrolling" which is completly fine.

    Face camping: Even tho you can unhook from the sides, the killer can grab you. Which means this is a reprehensible act imo.

1 2 3 ›